• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Raxus

didn't he create a massively inferior character trying to pass him as Nova?

if so then fuck that guy.

Pretty sure Nova was relegated to the background. Sadly I think it is one of those instances where you have an insanely powerful hero so writers freak out and have no idea what to do with him.

Epcott

Good to see Annoying Orange is returning, while YJ is cancled. Maybe they'll fill the DC block with more Johnny Test? Brilliant!

Batman is the safe DC character; 4 different shows + numerous movies over the past 20 years. Any form of Batman media is a guaranteed success. Everything else is a risk.

I don't care. i'm tired of Batman. there's too much of a good thing. develop other stuff.

I don't ever want to feel pain like this again. Fuck this corrupted world.
What's so bad about Truth, Juatice and the American Way?

hold me brah.

discover the glory that is black dynamite.

7y4OwMk.gif

1etypty.gif

no. I want to see a serious super-hero show.

Teen Titans Go! is a win win for the network

Established fanbase - check
Merchandi$e - check
Cheap production values - double check

I don't care! I WANT YOUNG JUSTICE!!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tron was always supposed to just be a mini-series. Hell, it was only gonna be 11 episodes before the ordered more.

It ended on a massive cliffhanger. I never heard it was to be a miniseries, hell it was supposed to be Tron's big revival after Disney was lukewarm on Legacy's reception.

And Korra isn't as good as any of those, watch TMNT and TP instead.

I don't think I could ever really watch a TMNT show. Which kinda sucks, but eh.

OH, and your ava changed. :eek:

It's the same avatar! Well, half of it. It's two in one.

Since you mentioned Loeb I just wanted to verbalize how frustrated I am at the guy. He is a hair away from 'getting it' sometimes but still misses the mark completely. Ultimate Spiderman COULD have been something special, the Avengers COULD have been great. Instead we get unmemorable schlock. I remember the fallout Ultimate Spiderman had. I really feel bad for the people involved since they clearly put a ton of time into something that completely missed the point.

What happened with Ultimate Spiderman? I thought, despite its mediocrity, it was safe?

Raxus

What's with good shows not doing well these days? :(

If it is any consolation for every good show that is canceled the same goes 10 bad shows unnoticed. It is just a numbers game. Maybe sometimes you strike lightning in a bottle, see AMC and FX that get quality with popularity to back it up. But we will always lose a good show every now and then. I am just thankful we at least got two seasons for this show and that it influences other superhero shows going forward. It does suck especially for quality animation which is a ton of commitment but now and then you get something out of the blue that is inexplicably good and popular like Adventure Time and Regular Show.

Silkworm

It does suck especially for quality animation which is a ton of commitment but now and then you get something out of the blue that is inexplicably good and popular like Adventure Time and Regular Show.

I know AT gets good ratings, but I wasn't as sure about RS. Hopefully that's true for RS because I like that show as well and hope it continues to air for many more seasons :)

Kabuto

Good to see Annoying Orange is returning, while YJ is cancled. Maybe they'll fill the DC block with more Johnny Test? Brilliant!

robin-distraught-gif.gif

I hope you're sarcastic.

OT: Really sad that the show is already going to be canceled. It's one of the only television shows that I still watch. How many episodes are left before the end?

I never really liked the way season 2 was going anyway.

And then those huge month long breaks between episodes etc..

Fuck this show and fuck the people who canceled it.

Silkworm

So did they get told soon enough to finish off the story? Or will we not have an ending at all?

Perhaps the ending will be as glorious as Tron: Uprising :-\ I can see it now, the Justice League defeats the Reach just before all hope is gone and everything looks like a happy resolution but then suddenly Blue Beetle "crashes the mode" and starts destroying Justice Leaguers left and right and then ominous fade to black. Dun, dun, dun! :p

Dynedom

Urgh, I hope this doesn't end on a cliffhanger like Thundercats. Still kinda ticked about the lack of closure in that show but a lack of closure in THIS show will destroy me.

Cwarrior

YES it's back why didn't anyone tell me.

S02e011 cornered

-ouch mal poor guy bubble bee should just let him know
-captain marvel got jobberd hard
-G.G gordon is da truth
-never seen that despero only seen the Justice league cartoon one

I like how effective the villains are this season much better then last one.

S02E012

-ahhalol at sportsmaster's villain hood honor code he cracks me up with his honorable revenge plan
-huh they are other bettles never knew
-black bettles voice is awesome especially his laugh
-Aqualad just can't catch a break

S02e013

-lol at reach barny/supermariosunshine like ad
-I hope we find out what happen in the past and Tulah while inside aqualads mind

YES it's back why didn't anyone tell me.

S02e011 cornered

-ouch mal poor guy bubble bee should just let him know
-captain marvel got jobberd hard
-G.G gordon is da truth
-never seen that despero only seen the Justice league cartoon one

I like how effective the villains are this season much better then last one.

S02E012

-ahhalol at sportsmaster villain hood honor code he cracks me up
-huh they are other bettles never knew
-black bettles voice is awesome especially his laugh
-Aqualad just can't catch a break

S02e013

-lol at reach barny/supermariosunshine like ad
-I hope we find out what happen in the past and Tulah while inside aqualads mind

Bro I have some bad news...

Cwarrior

considering Green Lantern and Young Justice got two seasons, i hope they're just swapping shows out. maybe they'll return after Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go get a season or two. though that's a really odd way to handle things.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
considering Green Lantern and Young Justice got two seasons, i hope they're just swapping shows out. maybe they'll return after Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go get a season or two. though that's a really odd way to handle things.

I'll watch beware the batman, but I'm not watching go. Forget that noise

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
R.I.P Young Justice. We all knew it was coming but it still stings. I pray they have enough time to finish it off properly.

I hope MoS is a massive hit and forces WB to get off Batman's dick for once.

This type of stuff just makes you want to stop checking for modern animated series. It seems like nearly all of them get the rug pulled out randomly. I really wish they just planned 2 or 3 season arcs with CONSISTENT scheduling and left it there. At least then you'd know what you were getting into and there'd be none of this "OH WELL SHOW'S CANCELED BECAUSE qiugbfoubq9wbfioqwbfi"

Ugh.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
As much as I like Young Justice, the writing has been on the wall for this show for awhile. And I'm another person who was starting to question the direction Season 2 has been going in. Honestly, I don't really see the purpose of the time jump from Season 1. It didn't really add much to the overall plot. I feel like the narrative would have been stronger if they had just focused more on the core team instead of going nuts with adding characters. The cast is just huge, you can go 3 or 4 episodes without seeing key people. The only advantage I see from the timeskip is that it gave them more leeway to tell stories in the comic. And wasn't that cancelled as well?

Ugh, this is terribly depressing as I absolutely loved this show. It always seems like the good cartoons never make it past 2 seasons. I don't know what CN problem is with their action shows. The scars from MegasXLR still never quite healed only for them to create more with Young Justice (and Thundercats).

I hope both Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go tank hard. Ugh, what they did with Teen Titans (I totally preferred the serious episodes to the comedic ones during the regular series run)

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
This type of stuff just makes you want to stop checking for modern animated series. It seems like nearly all of them get the rug pulled out randomly. I really wish they just planned 2 or 3 season arcs with CONSISTENT scheduling and left it there. At least then you'd know what you were getting into and there'd be none of this "OH WELL SHOW'S CANCELED BECAUSE qiugbfoubq9wbfioqwbfi"

Ugh.

Its always fun seeing great shows get canned because "They had trouble finding an audience".

Cheebo

Banned
R.I.P Young Justice. We all knew it was coming but it still stings. I pray they have enough time to finish it off properly.

I hope MoS is a massive hit and forces WB to get off Batman's dick for once.

The reason we got Young Justice is because of how big Batman is. Young Justice would never have gotten made without Robin as the lead.

Think we need to make a Young Justice is cancelled thread? People need a place to mourn....they need to let it go. This thread has too many memories of "omg I think this show is going places".

Top Bottom