• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Cwarrior

Why do i have a feeling there going to pull a teen titan like story with running boy (the beast boy of the show) and green arrow girl artimas (terra the earthquake girl).
By having green arrow girl betray kid flash but then later try redeem herself but then have fake death scene(ala terra)

This episode was pretty good but my fav so far was aqua lad episode (wait for i am your father arc)

edit: big fan of teen titan don't why i couldn't remember her name

Never understood the teen titan hate here on gaf

Cwarrior said:
Why do i have a feeling there going to pull a teen titan like story with running boy (the beast boy of the show) and green arrow girl artimas (sarah the earthquake girl).
By having green arrow girl betray kid flash but then later try redeem herself but then have fake death scene(ala sarah)

Terra. her name is Terra

Raxus

TacticalFox88 said:
Aqualad is slowly becoming one of my favorite heroes, period, teenager or otherwise. He's just so goddamn cool
The atlantis episode highlighted how many more people are more kick ass than aquaman. His wife uses a manta ray as a shield and summons a giant squid to fight WITH a bun in the oven.

So basically everyone is cooler than Aquaman.

Cwarrior

Raxus said:
The atlantis episode highlighted how many more people are more kick ass than aquaman. His wife uses a manta ray as a shield and summons a giant squid to fight WITH a bun in the oven.

i was like

WHAT?? Aquaman's wife is a badass, feel sorry aquaman his must feel useless

easly by far my fav charater is aqualad

Raxus said:

Aquaman, like Hawkman, is one of the most badass pure warriors in the DCU. Trashing him I'd like trashing Bats for having no meta powers. smh

tim1138

krypt0nian said:
Aquaman, like Hawkman, is one of the most badass pure warriors in the DCU. Trashing him I'd like trashing Bats for having no meta powers. smh

Speaking of Hawkman, I really wish they'd do an episode where the team has to work with the Hawks on a mission.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
krypt0nian said:
Exactly. This being a different earth pretty much means he's just going to be a Supes clone.

but they've kept every other major heroes moveset. so except for dick rocking tims costume, and connor losing a fundamentally basic power of his, everything else can stay in tune with their comic predecessor?

Parallax said:
but they've kept every other major heroes moveset. so except for dick rocking tims costume, and connor losing a fundamentally basic power of his, everything else can stay in tune with their comic predecessor?

Oh I agree with you, but with M'gann having TK, I think they are more than likely going to just say he has Super Strength.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
krypt0nian said:
Oh I agree with you, but with M'gann having TK, I think they are more than likely going to just say he has Super Strength.

that makes him pretty lackluster to me. a superstrong character with a gentle side thats bound to fits of rage when mentally prodded? its been done.

Parallax said:
that makes him pretty lackluster to me. a superstrong character with a gentle side thats bound to fits of rage when mentally prodded? its been done.

Not sure how having TTK will change that though.

CaptYamato said:
Has anyone ever just sat down and realized how over powered DC heroes are?

Can superheroes be Overpowered? It's kinda the point. ;)

EDIT: same artist that did the AMAZING Wally/Dr Fate artwork did this one!

yj__treasures_untold__by_farfie_kins-d39afuj.jpg

Guy is INSANELY good!

udivision

First post in the OT in centuries:

The Light have to be the nicest "evil organization" ever. Aw, failed the mission? Well all that matters is that you did your best... AND WE GOT BOOM TOOB!

Black-Wind said:
Man ... SBT is dead in the water if it doesn't get renewed soon :(

SBT?

ultron87

udivision said:
First post in the OT in centuries:

The Light have to be the nicest "evil organization" ever. Aw, failed the mission? Well all that matters is that you did your best... AND WE GOT BOOM TOOB!

I think that was actually a Zeta Beam.

Ephemeris

* Star Wars: The Clone Wars has been renewed four a fourth season.

* Batman: The Brave and the Bold has formally been given a 6:30 p.m. at Friday time period.

* Young Justice, MAD, Generator Rex and Ben 10: Ultimate Alien are among the returning series.

udivision

ultron87 said:
I think that was actually a Zeta Beam.
I don't know what that is, but what I saw looked like the stuff from the new adventures of Batman & Superman.

Between super hero shows like this and fantasy like The Last Airbender, I think America has the best and most consistently high quality "shounen" shows.

ultron87

udivision said:
I don't know what that is, but what I saw looked like the stuff from the new adventures of Batman & Superman.

It's a technology from the planet Rann. Adam Strange uses it a lot.

It's another form of long range teleportation with some limitations depending on which version of the technology it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rann

When Batman was giving the mission briefing he mentioned something about Zeta energy or something along those lines. So that's why I'd assume it was that instead of a boom tube.

udivision

Google Image searching both, and looking at the dc wiki pages for both seems to be suggesting boom tube, but if Batman mentioned zeta energy than that could be it.

Fallen_Hero said:
Wait... since when?!?
Man, I guess if I'm gonna go full on sad mode I might as well let out all my thoughts.

SBT came out last year, before YJ.
Was a Friday show in their action block.
Cuts off half way through the season and goes on break.
Comes back some weeks later, now CN is calling it "Season 2" when it's actually just the 2nd half of season one.
Gets moved to Wed for some reason (because AS ate up more time. They need more time for their FG and AD reruns apparently. But that doesn't explain why the shitter Friday shows got to stay over SBT)
Now YJ has had a confirmed Season two it seems yet SBT is nearing the end of it's first season and has yet to have a confirmed renewal.

And I'm sure none of this has done anything good for the ratings.

Subitai

Black-Wind said:
Man, I guess if I'm gonna go full on sad mode I might as well let out all my thoughts.

SBT came out last year, before YJ.
Was a Friday show in their action block.
Cuts off half way through the season and goes on break.
Comes back some weeks later, now CN is calling it "Season 2" when it's actually just the 2nd half of season one.
Gets moved to Wed for some reason (because AS ate up more time. They need more time for their FG and AD reruns apparently. But that doesn't explain why the shitter Friday shows got to stay over SBT)
Now YJ has had a confirmed Season two it seems yet SBT is nearing the end of it's first season and has yet to have a confirmed renewal.

And I'm sure none of this has done anything good for the ratings.
No!!

Silly kids these days. :mad:

ultron87

Okay, it was Robin who said. When they set up the computer thing in the desert while MM is combining all their memories together:

"Jackpot, the site's lousy with Zeta Beam radiation!"

But yeah, it totally does look like a boom tube.

I feel like the writers know their DC well enough to not just mention that out of hand.

Tizoc

krypt0nian said:
Zeta Beams are just flashes of light. That tunnel looked exactly like a boom tube.

BoomReturn-thumb.jpg
= Boom Tube

zeta_beam.gif
= Zeta Beam
Chatting at another forum, Batman told the team that they found traces of Zeta Beams being used, but Boom Tubes were also used as well, so The Light was using both prob.

Also, no eps. until April is annoying, but het a new Brave and the Bold this week, HYPE!

Chairhome

Holy crap, 10 episodes? Nice.

EDIT: whoa, and also in that link: Green Lantern Series will have Red Lantern Corps. If this eventually leads to Blackest Night... :-D :-D :-D. Though I have doubts that they could do that on CN.

tim1138

Chairhome said:
Holy crap, 10 episodes? Nice.

EDIT: whoa, and also in that link: Green Lantern Series will have Red Lantern Corps. If this eventually leads to Blackest Night... :-D :-D :-D. Though I have doubts that they could do that on CN.

Timm had said he'd like to do something like Blackest Night but it wouldn't be until later in the life of the series. Much like the movie, Sinestro is still a GL in the animated series.

Mononofu

Young Justice Update

Good news and bad news today...

Here's the good news.

Coming out of Cartoon Network's upfronts last week (and Geoff John's comments on it since) there's been some confusion about what's happening on the Young Justice front.

What amuses me a bit is how CONFIDENT some posters on various message boards are about their interpretation of the reports. CONFIDENT and generally wrong.

So here's what's going on:

Young Justice has aired nine episodes of our 26-episode first season. The rest will begin airing after some weeks of reruns. The schedule is Cartoon Network's, and I'm not yet 100% clear on when we're back up and running. Though to be fair to CN, we don't have ANY other episodes in the can as of this moment. We're posting episodes 10 and 11 now.

(I saw some folks protesting why we didn't wait until ALL episodes were in the can before we began airing. All I can do is shrug. It's not up to me, but I do wonder how the fans who were furious that they had to wait until January 2011 for Season One would feel about THAT strategy.)

So the good news: We HAVE INDEED been picked up for a second season. As of now, all CN & WB have ordered is a ten episode mini-series, "YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION". We're HOPING for more than just ten eps, and I honestly think the odds are fairly good that the order will expand, but as of NOW, all we have is this ten episode order.

We immediately began work on this new season last week
, and are breaking approximately (but not quite) one episode per day. The creative team is fundamentally the same as for Season One.

And though, of course, we will be introducing many new characters episodically in Season Two (just as we do episodically in Season One), I don't want to give the impression that this is some spin-off featuring, I dunno, the League or something, in the same Earth-16 setting. Invasion IS the second season of Young Justice and absolutely features our "Team". Episode 26 of Season One is time-stamped "December 31". Episode 1 of Season Two will be time-stamped "January 1", in essence picking up right where we left off.

We anticipate YJ:Invasion premiering in 2012... late first quarter, if I had to guess. Reports suggesting late 2011 are... beyond wishful thinking.

Hmmm... anything else? I feel like I'm forgetting something. But I can't think of any other misconceptions that need correcting right now.

Oh, well...

Still - Season Two. Not too shabby, huh?

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/latest.php?qid=13085&ppp=ALL

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, the bad news is...we don't know when they'll show new episodes? So when it comes back in 2 weeks, it'll be a rerun?

daffy

Banned
When they say miniseries, does that mean the episodes will be shorter individually, or just the series as a whole isn't as long?

Top Bottom