• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

vazel

Banned
I'm not a Star Trek: TNG fan but even I know who that is. Any geek that lived in the 90s knows who she is by osmosis alone. She also voiced Demona on Gargoyles.

SykoTech

The whole "the Light is behind every conflict" thing is getting old. I hope some other organizations or independent villains appear soon, because I pretty much know how every episode will end now.

Excellent episode otherwise. Kinda sad seeing
Kaldur out of action for most of it
, but I guess he got enough attention last episode. Everyone else was in top form. Even all of the romance/pairing hints that usually get on my nerves were done well.

I don't remember that
cheerleading moment
though. A nod to that Hello Megan TV show hinted at last episode perhaps?

SykoTech said:
The whole "the Light is behind every conflict" thing is getting old. I hope some other organizations or independent villains appear soon, because I pretty much know how every episode will end now.

, but I guess he got enough attention last episode. Everyone else was in top form. Even all of the romance/pairing hints that usually get on my nerves were done well.

I don't remember that
cheerleading moment
Agreed 1000%. If this goes on all season, ugh.

Penguin

SykoTech said:

I don't remember that
cheerleading moment

Yeah that was another minor complaint, its starting to feel like Smallville when it always ended on a Lana/Clark scene, but this time its the villain of the week talking to The Light about how they disappointed them.

Penguin said:
Yeah that was another minor complaint, its starting to feel like Smallville when it always ended on a Lana/Clark scene, but this time its the villain of the week talking to The Light about how they disappointed them.
Not only that, but The Light always seems cool with it because they got what they wanted anyways.

somedevil

I watched the episode so I can assume from it that
Darkseid
is funding the Lights with technology to fight with the Justice League?

BY2K

Membero Americo
somedevil said:
I watched the episode so I can assume from it that
Darkseid
is funding the Lights with technology to fight with the Justice League?

I don't think that would be his style. He wouldn't associate with anyone, or else he's gonna double-cross them sooner or later.

Penguin said:

Villain of the Week: "Yeah, I kinda sorta fucked everything up."

Light: "something something Just according to keikaku."

Ookami-kun said:
Boomtubes!

When did they show that cheerleader Megann thing?

THey didn't. I'm gonna go with either that was a memory from the "Hello Megan" show or one of Superboy's fantasies, heh.

I like how they are concentrating on each individual in these episodes. Last episode was Aqua lad, Today Megan. They are giving these character good development which they need since they are still young.

Really enjoying the show, though if I could change one thing about the show. It would be the length of each story. Justice League had multiple episode storylines, they were epic.

Mononofu

MisterNugNug said:
Really enjoying the show, though if I could change one thing about the show. It would be the length of each story. Justice League had multiple episode storylines, they were epic.

It would just be nice to have a 1 hour season finale to cap things off. I also hate when stories are rushed but the team seems to do a great job with 22 minutes.

Tizoc

Ookami-kun said:
Boomtubes!

When did they show that cheerleader Megann thing?
Where in the ep. did they say boom tubes? I recall hearing Bats mentioning Zeta Beams, but I don't recall any boom tubes being stated @_@

MisterNugNug said:
I hated the fact that only 4 characters of Justice League shown every couple of episodes. What i like about this show is the fact that there is one big evil organisation, and not villain of the week. All the members are shown and they do different things. I found the first 3 seasons of JL without any plot. The story seemed disjointed, and not that appealing to me.

Tizoc said:
Where in the ep. did they say boom tubes? I recall hearing Bats mentioning Zeta Beams, but I don't recall any boom tubes being stated @_@

You can see the boomtubes at the end. Zeta beams are just a flash of light.

Tizoc

krypt0nian said:
You can see the boomtubes at the end. Zeta beams are just a flash of light.
Ah so those at the end of the ep. was a boom tube.
It was what brought the sphere correct?

BY2K

Membero Americo
CaptYamato said:
He is the mastermind behind everything. SB vs DS finale.

Like hell could Superboy do anything to him. He doesn't even have half of Superman's powers.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I really liked this episode, Miss Martian was overdue for some focus, and they handled it great.

The whole villain foreshadowing thing is getting a little old to me, though.

SykoTech

Penguin said:
Master Thespian said:
Not only that, but The Light always seems cool with it because they got what they wanted anyways.

Yep. The Kid Flash episode with Dr. Fate is the only episode off the top of my head that didn't end this way. Though I can't remember how that episode with Bane ended. Or the one with Superboy and his daddy issues. Guess it's time for a rewatch.

besada

Banned
I'm ready for the Light to step out into it. Just reveal it's the Legion of Doom and let's get on with it.

Other than that, I'm loving it. The downtime episode was great, and they need to do one every season. I like the way they're giving everyone nice coverage. I'd like to see some longer story lines, but I get those aren't popular with networks and syndicators. Maybe next season.

Loved seeing a second rater like Psimon show up. They're using the universe they way all the cartoons should.

KevinCow

Banned
Why didn't Superboy just knock Psimon out while he was busy psychic fighting Megan and completely unaware of the real world around him?

KevinCow said:
Why didn't Superboy just knock Psimon out while he was busy psychic fighting Megan and completely unaware of the real world around him?
Didn't he try that but got blocked by a shield?

BY2K

Membero Americo
KevinCow said:

He does try, but Psimon had some sort of Force Field around him Superboy couldn't get through.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
BY2K said:
He does try, but Psimon had some sort of Force Field around him Superboy couldn't get through.

i wonder if superboys tactile kinesis is ever gonna kick in. i was kinda expecting it to happen with psimon, but that was a wasted effort. i wish they would stop making him look like a silver age clone....

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm pretty sure he's gonna learn Heat Vision and Flight sooner or later.

Cadmus is better than that. Galatea was a perfect clone of Super Girl, maybe Superboy just needs a little training with the Man of Steel himself.

Now granted, Young Justice takes place on another Earth than Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, but still, Cadmus is Cadmus.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
BY2K said:
I'm pretty sure he's gonna learn Heat Vision and Flight sooner or later.

Cadmus is better than that. Galatea was a perfect clone of Super Girl, maybe Superboy just needs a little training with the Man of Steel himself.

Now granted, Young Justice takes place on another Earth than Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, but still, Cadmus is Cadmus.
Galatea is power girl without the rack. That still wierds me out a bit.

Slayven

Parallax said:
i wonder if superboys tactile kinesis is ever gonna kick in. i was kinda expecting it to happen with psimon, but that was a wasted effort. i wish they would stop making him look like a silver age clone....
I would be surprised if they gave him TT, with Miss Martian having regular TK.

BY2K

Membero Americo
TacticalFox88 said:
Aqualad is slowly becoming one of my favorite heroes, period, teenager or otherwise. He's just so goddamn cool

Part of that is his powers, which are freaking AWESOME!

Slayven

Fallen_Hero said:
Does anyone know what the sphere was in this episode?
Could be a techno-seed(Brimstone's heart), a hellspore, maybe the Wondercycle, that if it is from New Genesis/Apokolips at all.

This series and the recent DC superman movie have been pure gold. The amazing thing is the internally consistent logic behind it all, and the hidden references. Otherwise, I'd consider these works of art time sinks. But thanks to the fact that there is pretty advanced writing this does surpass previous dc animated series, even classics like batman.

vazel

Banned
Ultima ratio regum said:
This series and the recent DC superman movie have been pure gold. The amazing thing is the internally consistent logic behind it all, and the hidden references. Otherwise, I'd consider these works of art time sinks. But thanks to the fact that there is pretty advanced writing this does surpass previous dc animated series, even classics like batman.
In character development sure. But Batman still trumps Young Justice in fun and iconic action moments. Then there's the amazing orchestral soundtrack.

Top Bottom