• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Mononofu

FTH said:
When they say miniseries, does that mean the episodes will be shorter individually, or just the series as a whole isn't as long?

It means the season 2 as it stands right now is 10 episodes long, same length.

So the good news: We HAVE INDEED been picked up for a second season. As of now, all CN & WB have ordered is a ten episode mini-series, "YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION". We're HOPING for more than just ten eps, and I honestly think the odds are fairly good that the order will expand, but as of NOW, all we have is this ten episode order.

yencid

but it sounds like invasion is actually going to have a continuity to this one (well its not like the episodes now dont have one but they feel pretty stand alone)

Busaiku

Wait, there was a new episode?!
GAH.

The commercials only said "Young Justice" (no mention of new)!
Since it'd been reruns the last few weeks, I assumed it'd be another...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ChocolateCupcakes said:
Probably because Teen Titans is better.
You should be ashamed.
Busaiku said:
Wait, there was a new episode?!
GAH.

The commercials only said "Young Justice" (no mention of new)!
Since it'd been reruns the last few weeks, I assumed it'd be another...
Read a couple of post back, they're gonna do some reruns for a couple weeks and then start showing the new eps.

ChocolateCupcakes said:

Metal Gear syndrome. Teen Titans got high ratings because of the high quality of the DCAU. Young Justice gets low ratings because of TT.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd say YJ gets lower ratings, because it's on too damn early in the day on Friday. It's like 6 pm CST. Push it back an hour or so.

Lol, I don't know. I like Young Justice a lot and all but the episodes always feel shorter than they actually are. While compared to Teen Titans they episodes always felt complete and thought out.

And TT doesn't pull that annoying villains covered by the light for most of the season nonsense.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Lol, I don't know. I like Young Justice a lot and all but the episodes always feel shorter than they actually are. While compared to Teen Titans they episodes always felt complete and thought out.

And TT doesn't pull that annoying villains covered by the light for most of the season nonsense.

Yes it did.

Foxy Fox 39 said:
Yes it did.
4366092377268399.jpg

Jayge

ChocolateCupcakes said:
I don't remember that and if it did, it wasn't stretched out as much as in YJ.
They didn't need to cover them with light. THEY JUST NEEDED TO GIVE SLADE HIS FUCKING MASK.

edit: beaten by SECONDS.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ChocolateCupcakes said:

that is some madness you spouted. i cant really gage yj at the moment, but i would put superboy and the legion above teen titans. thats right.

Jerk

Banned
Parallax said:
that is some madness you spouted. i cant really gage yj at the moment, but i would put superboy and the legion above teen titans. thats right.

You go too far...

I'm not sure if Slade in the dark is comparable. I think that image was just for stylistic effect since I believe Robin (from the beginning) said that it was Slade.
I like both Teen Titans and Young Justice?

Parallax said:

The Legion? Really? I can't believe this. All the TT hate is just wrong.

Parallax said:

Easily. TT was a bad Powder Puff Girls ripoff.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I enjoyed Teen Titans for what it was worth but for anyone to say it's better than Young Justice is to automatically invalidate your opinion.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But what about TT?

DieH@rd said:
When is the next YJ episode airing?

I actually checked wikipedia. Back then in its list of episodes entry, it had episodes going up to April (after Bereft), but somehow it vanished.

Slayven

I love Greg Weisman

Derek writes...

Wasn't the whole reason Martian Manhunter came to earth because his species had been wiped out? How can Miss Martian have eight sisters on Mars?

Greg responds...

She doesn't. She has twelve sisters. And seventeen brothers. And something like 300 cousins.

And the Martian race is still alive and well in the Earth-16 Universe. (From my point of view, killing them off wasn't the greatest addition to the Martian Manhunter mythos. It's stealing from Superman's schtick. Superman is the last Kryptonian. Martian Manhunter wasn't the last Martian for years and years, until that notion was added or retconned or whatever you want to call it into J'onn's backstory.)

And that's NOT why Martian Manhunter came to Earth. At least not originally when he first appeared in 1955 and not in our continuity either. He was brought here as a result of a Zeta-Beam accident.

Wow. Revealed way more than I planned to. Oh, well.

SykoTech

Slayven said:
I love Greg Weisman

That's pretty cool. This is why I like that the show isn't part of the continuity of the DCAU. Gives Weisman plenty of room to make creative adjustments to the lore as he sees fit, just like he did with The Spectacular Spider-Man.

I just hope one of his personal decisions doesn't end up as disappointing as Kat Kraven.

So, no new episode tonight? Just checked my TV guide and it says it's another showing of Drop Zone. *sigh*

Jerk

Banned
yencid said:
was watching drop zone... Why the fuck does superboy smile when he hears bane and not do anything later?

It is implied that he tells the rest of the team sometime offscreen.

Cwarrior

Why no new episode, no way that was the end of season, isn't a season ending meant to have everything come together like having the light do something note worthy.

lol will never understand the teen titan hate on gaf

TT>young justice >legion

Cwarrior said:
Why no new episode, no way that was the end of season, isn't a season ending meant to have everything come together like having the light do something note worthy.

lol will never understand the teen titan hate on gaf

TT>young justice >legion

It WASN'T the end of the season. There are 26 eps I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Cartoon Network just being Cartoon Network.

Net_Wrecker said:
It WASN'T the end of the season. There are 26 eps I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Cartoon Network just being Cartoon Network.

Right but its been over a month since it last aired. I'm betting it's been canceled.

Kreed

Foxy Fox 39 said:
Right but its been over a month since it last aired. I'm betting it's been canceled.

This is why people should actually read threads:

Mononofu said:
Young Justice Update

Good news and bad news today...

Here's the good news.

Coming out of Cartoon Network's upfronts last week (and Geoff John's comments on it since) there's been some confusion about what's happening on the Young Justice front.

What amuses me a bit is how CONFIDENT some posters on various message boards are about their interpretation of the reports. CONFIDENT and generally wrong.

So here's what's going on:

Young Justice has aired nine episodes of our 26-episode first season. The rest will begin airing after some weeks of reruns. The schedule is Cartoon Network's, and I'm not yet 100% clear on when we're back up and running. Though to be fair to CN, we don't have ANY other episodes in the can as of this moment. We're posting episodes 10 and 11 now.

(I saw some folks protesting why we didn't wait until ALL episodes were in the can before we began airing. All I can do is shrug. It's not up to me, but I do wonder how the fans who were furious that they had to wait until January 2011 for Season One would feel about THAT strategy.)

So the good news: We HAVE INDEED been picked up for a second season. As of now, all CN & WB have ordered is a ten episode mini-series, "YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION". We're HOPING for more than just ten eps, and I honestly think the odds are fairly good that the order will expand, but as of NOW, all we have is this ten episode order.

We immediately began work on this new season last week, and are breaking approximately (but not quite) one episode per day. The creative team is fundamentally the same as for Season One.

And though, of course, we will be introducing many new characters episodically in Season Two (just as we do episodically in Season One), I don't want to give the impression that this is some spin-off featuring, I dunno, the League or something, in the same Earth-16 setting. Invasion IS the second season of Young Justice and absolutely features our "Team". Episode 26 of Season One is time-stamped "December 31". Episode 1 of Season Two will be time-stamped "January 1", in essence picking up right where we left off.

We anticipate YJ:Invasion premiering in 2012... late first quarter, if I had to guess. Reports suggesting late 2011 are... beyond wishful thinking.

Hmmm... anything else? I feel like I'm forgetting something. But I can't think of any other misconceptions that need correcting right now.

Oh, well...

Still - Season Two. Not too shabby, huh?

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/latest.php?qid=13085&ppp=ALL

ZoddGutts

Big news reveal about Young Justice if it hits 2000 followers on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/YoungJusticeDC

Edit: Nevermind doesn't look like it's the official Twitter for Young Justice. -_-

Mockingbird said:
Wtf. Eps 10 and 11 are still in post-production? Dammit!
Yeah, they're really losing my interest. I keep forgetting this show is still on air because I have no interest in watching reruns from such a small pool of episodes.

Best way to screw over a cartoon (other then giving it a complete shit time slot) is to do these stupid long breaks in a season out of no where.

udivision

Black-Wind said:
Best way to screw over a cartoon (other then giving it a complete shit time slot) is to do these stupid long breaks in a season out of no where.

No, that would be running filler episodes for a year. But American shows don't have to worry about that.

udivision said:
No, that would be running filler episodes for a year. But American shows don't have to worry about that.
I said cartoon, not anime.

The west has a understanding of the concept of "allowing a show to play reruns instead of making shitty fluff between breaks" :p
But most Western cartoon shows aren't really story driven to begin with and the ones that are arn't based on weekly manga/comics.

Oh, and does anyone think that they could be adding Wonder Girl into the later episodes? I mean, I can't really think of a reason you them to just drop the ball like this for so long and I know they only got the rights to her well already making the show.

ZoddGutts

More TV ratings numbers for April 22:

Batman: Brave & The Bold (TOON, 6:30pm)
1.1 HH, Viewers: 1.866 million, 0.4 A18-49, 1.2 T12-17, 2.1 K2-11

Young Justice (TOON, 7pm)
1.1 HH, Viewers: 1.782 million, 0.4 A18-49, 1.0 T12-17, 1.8 K2-11

Ben 10: Ultimate Alien (TOON, 7:30pm)
1.3 HH, Viewers: 2.063 million, 0.5 A18-49, 1.4 T12-17, 2.2 K2-11

Generator Rex (TOON, 8pm)
1.1 HH, Viewers: 1.520 million, 0.3 A18-49, 1.2 T12-17, 1.5 K2-11

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-time-rush-sanctuary-smackdown-and-more/90519

Note that only Young Justice was a repeat while the other series were all new eps. Good ratings for Young Justice slightly below Batman new ep and higher than Generator Rex.

Oh, and does anyone think that they could be adding Wonder Girl into the later episodes? I mean, I can't really think of a reason you them to just drop the ball like this for so long and I know they only got the rights to her well already making the show.

They had already written majority of the eps at that time, when her character finally had no more legal right's reason to keep her off the show. But who knows they may have a small cameo or mention of her character in the final eps and in season 2 finally add her to the cast.

Top Bottom