• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Jangaroo said:
Wait really? Was it during the bit between her and Superboy because I had to go away for a split second so maybe I missed something. When I sat back down Superboy was covered in eggs or something.

It was during the scene's with Artemis home. The TV is on and it states something to the affect "Coming up next more reruns of Hello Mega-" and then the TV gets turned off. So I think its safe to assume that Miss Martian learned a lot of the world through TV and spent a good chunk of time watching that show.

gketter said:
It was during the scene's with Artemis home. The TV is on and it states something to the affect "Coming up next more reruns of Hello Mega-" and then the TV gets turned off. So I think its safe to assume that Miss Martian learned a lot of the world through TV and spent a good chunk of time watching that show.

which explains why she's a green skinned CW character

The writers using a mega obscure character like Artimis Crock shows how well they know and will utilize the DCU.

Spectacular episode. I felt bad for Connor. He's obviously depressed.

Batsketball was a really nice touch. And their handling of Atlantic and all the Easter eggs, was flawless.

krypt0nian said:
The writers using a mega obscure character like Artimis Crock shows how well they know and will utilize the DCU.

So I guess she goes bad later on?

Spectacular episode. I felt bad for Connor. He's obviously depressed.

When Batman told everyone to go home, I felt bad for Con. Still doesn't explain why he was just looking at the TV.

Batsketball was a really nice touch. And their handling of Atlantic and all the Easter eggs, was flawless.

Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpeg

Sumidor

CaptYamato said:
When Batman told everyone to go home, I felt bad for Con. Still doesn't explain why he was just looking at the TV.
Probably cause he didn't know how to use it, so he just sat there watching it, acting like that's what he wanted to do, instead of just asking for help.

Sumidor said:
Probably cause he didn't know how to use it, so he just sat there watching it, acting like that's what he wanted to do, instead of just asking for help.
Yeah, I got that feeling when Megan asked him if he wanted her to turn it on and he said no followed by her asking if he wanted to help her cook and ... he said no but got up to help her anyway.

Do we know what the next episode will be about yet? Will it be a direct follow up to this one?

It's possible he preferred the static to what was actually on TV, finding it more interesting. Or maybe he just needed the noise.

Asbel said:
that's what I thought but in crisis on two earths, ultraman has no reason to hold back against that worlds lex.

Crisis on Two Earths was also very bad. "I'm Batman, and I'm going to stand here and gloat like the Flash while it blows up in my face."

Asbel

Kulock said:
It's possible he preferred the static to what was actually on TV, finding it more interesting. Or maybe he just needed the noise.

Crisis on Two Earths was also very bad. "I'm Batman, and I'm going to stand here and gloat like the Flash while it blows up in my face."
I really liked crisis. Not sure what scene your talking about.

Black-Wind said:
Yeah, I got that feeling when Megan asked him if he wanted her to turn it on and he said no followed by her asking if he wanted to help her cook and ... he said no but got up to help her anyway.

just like a little child :lol

Penguin

Black-Wind said:

Do we know what the next episode will be about yet? Will it be a direct follow up to this one?

Yup, remember the mission Batman told them about at the end of the episode?

Well apparently the next episode deals with them waking up on that mission with no recollection as to who they are.

yencid

i wish martian manhunter would get some screen time. I love his design in this.
Martian_Manhunter_Earth-16.png

sexy mo fuck

Slayven

Wonder cycle? Just this once I would like " OOOOOOHHHHH those meddling kids!!" from the light instead always wining when losing.

tim1138

Boom Tubes! Yes!
One of the silhouettes of the Light looked like the old JL/JLU design for
Star Sapphire. The one on the left with the mask leading up to two points

Tizoc

Penguin said:
Not the best episode of the series, but it had a strong finale, and a hint of the Boom Tube! :O
Nope they were Zeta Beams, a staple from the Adam Strange comics, they never said Boom Tubes IIRC. ...unless I'm missing something?

This show had the BEST Psimon design I've seen so far.

Also Superboy's rage is understandable in this ep., not to mention how when he regained his memories he became more friendly with Meagan and the gang =)

Also for those that don't know Queen Bee is a DC comics villain, but her design in most comic appearances are...VASTLY different to what was shown in this ep., then again maybe she will get to look like her comic book version? Eh kinda hope she doesn't.

Man it'd be sweet if they can put Prometheus in this show X3

DryEyeRelief said:
So when Miss Martian clapped together the two enemy planes with her psychic powers, she killed the pilots.

Those were drone(s)/reconnaissance/spy-planes... not sure if you not aware or making fun... either way, she didn't kill anyone.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
bloodforge said:
Artemis and Wally clearly have a thing for each other.

Anyone else think Artemis could be Rose Wilson after that episode?

she still has two eyes, but i didnt think sportsmaster was so fucked up as to make his own daughter kill someone her age, so she could by that theory be rose wilson, or a non asian, literate, partly trained cassandra cain.

Mononofu

Door2Dawn said:
Oh man thanks. Posting a picture with no name what so ever is a good way to figure out who she is.

Marina Sirtis

Not a Star Trek fan I take it? Thought it would be self explanatory. :\

Mononofu said:
Marina Sirtis

Not a Star Trek fan I take it? Thought it would be self explanatory. :\

Don't worry about it, I had no idea who she was a moment ago either. But then I right clicked on the picture and her name happened to be part of the URL (I was going to use TinEye). Some people just like to whine.

Top Bottom