• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tom_Cody said:
Have there been any new episodes since march? I am so confused.

Think that somehow, the 1st episode "back" was put up on the CN's website for a few hours. The Internet got ahold of it, and you can download it at "places." Think that was back in late May, early June. Nothing since.

Whenever it comes back, it'll start with that same episode, so it would be another week to see a New Episode.

Penguin

Tom_Cody said:
Have there been any new episodes since march? I am so confused.

There's been one episode that leaked on Cartoon Network in June, but no not since March,

Seems like production fell behind or something. I believe they have like the next... hold

We have aired episodes 101-109 (i.e. Season One, episodes 1-9).
(Yes, episode 110 accidentally was posted on Cartoon Network's website, but I'm going to pretend that never happened.)
Episodes 110-115 are in the can, i.e. they are completed and ready to air.
Episode 116 awaits only the final on-line, i.e. the final review of the episode. This has been delayed ONLY because I've been out sick this week.
Episode 117 will have it's sound mix on Friday. (I hope to be back at work by then.)
Episode 118 has been edited and work progresses on scoring and sound effects.
Episode 119 is ready to begin post-production.
Episodes 120-123 are being animated in Korea.
Episodes 124-126 are in layout in Korea, while we finish the final color models here in the States.
Episodes 201-202 (i.e. Season Two, Episodes one and two) - Are fully recorded and are in storyboard. (201 was written by me. 202 by Nicole Dubuc.)
Episode 203, written by Kevin Hopps, is almost fully recorded. We have one actor left to pick up, who has been out of town. It is also in storyboard.
Episode 204, written by me, will record this week. It is also in storyboard.
Episode 205 - Brandon Vietti, has turned in his draft of the script. I have to read and edit it.
Episode 206 - The outline, written by Peter David and edited by me, went out Monday for notes, which are due tomorrow.
Episode 207 - Kevin Hopps turned in his outline, which I need to read and edit.
Episode 208 - I'm writing this one. I'll start the outline, after I've edited the outline to 207.
Episode 209 - Jon Weisman turned in his outline, which I need to read and edit.
Episode 210 - Kevin Hopps is working on his outline.
We do NOT yet have a pick-up beyond episode 210, but our bosses have told us to start blocking out episodes 211-220 in anticipation of one.
Episode 211 - We've broken this story. I still need to find time to write up the Beat Outline, though I have it all on index cards.
Episode 212 - We've got the basics of this one down, but we (i.e. myself, Brandon and Kevin) still need to finish breaking the story.
Episodes 213-220 - We've got a very clear sense of the arc and what things need to happen, but we haven't started on these yet.

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/rambles.php

Lonestar

Just saw a trailer for a DVD release of the episodes aired so far. Plus 4 new episodes LOL

Totally screwed up broadcasting.

Cwarrior said:
has this start again?

In the Autumn is the rumor. =(

New rumors get put up fairly quickly here - http://youngjustice.tumblr.com/

Pretty amazing fan art and GIFs too.

tumblr_lo547rHYR01qie23so1_500.jpg

Penguin

Pein said:
way to drop the ball with YJ, Cartoon network. I mean a half a year break just for one season is ridiculous.

Yeah I'm not really sure who dropped the ball with this, but yeah it was a terrible launch.

Way to build up and destroy a fanbase all in the span of a year. I'll just wait for the inevitable netflix release now. Smh at a 4 episode DVD.

Pein

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Way to build up and destroy a fanbase all in the span of a year. I'll just wait for the inevitable netflix release now. Smh at a 4 episode DVD.
yeah, but it is only $9, you're looking at less then @30 for half a season. I just hope for a bluray set.

Penguin

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Geez, its been like a 4 month break.

A 4 month break wouldn't be so bad really.

But look at it this way,

-Sneak peek of the show in Nov of 2010
-Then 2 months without new episodes until Jan of 2011, first two is just the sneak peek broken up into two parts
-They air 5 episodes or so before taking off most of Feb, I believe
-Come back air the remaining 4
-So we got 9 episodes over like 6 months
And now a 4 month break :(

Lonestar

Hmm, stupid argument incoming!

Wasn't the animated Universe "the same" as the Red Hood movie? Different looking Jokers!

But nevermind that, not too bad. Can't wait for this to start next week!

Wait, it's not next week? It's TBA? What's TBA? arrrrrrrrrrrrrghgh....

Mononofu

Chairhome said:
Young Justice Season 2 info from Comic-Con. Might be some retread of info from the youtube vids, but I didn't have time to check.

The only "new" info is the Superboy/MM kiss. Nice article though.

AskGreg update

greg weisman said:
Anyone in the mood for another YJ Update?
101-109 - Aired
110 - Previewed at Comic-Con
111-118 - In the can.
119-121 - In post-production.
122-125 - In animation.
126 - In layout overseas. Final color models going out today.
201-204 - In storyboard.
205 - Recording this tomorrow.
206 - I'm editing the script now.
207 - Waiting for notes on the outline.
208 - Have to write the outline.
209 - Have to read the writer's draft on the outline.
210 - In outline.
As before, we don't have an official pick-up on the back ten episodes of Season Two, but we've been given the go ahead to break the stories:
211-212 - Beat Outlines completed.
213 - We're in the middle of breaking this one on index cards.

Mononofu

suaveric said:
So when does this come back?

While episodes are slated to continue airing, new Young Justice episodes are slated to air Fall 2011, beginning with the tenth episode "Target." The remaining episodes of the first season are slated to air out over the 2011 - 2012 regular television season before the second season, Young Justice: Invasion, begins in mid - late 2012.

Amakusa

bloodforge said:
Wasn't expecting a teen Zatanna. Wonder if she'll join the team.

Need to find that drawer of Batman treating her like a stripper, she can make 5 bucks disappear pretty quick.

Tom_Cody said:
Does anyone know what is going on behind the scenes. Did it get bad ratings or something?

They just started airing a year too early.

I remember someone from the show saying this was the only way they could do it, if they didn't, we would have to wait until 2011/early 2012. Uhhhh, I would much prefer if this started later this year and we got a consistent schedule instead of what we have now.

Slayven

Net_Wrecker said:

I remember someone from the show saying this was the only way they could do it, if they didn't, we would have to wait until 2011/early 2012. Uhhhh, I would much prefer if this started later this year and we got a consistent schedule instead of what we have now.
I heard they had to start or else the crew wouldn't get paid.

Net_Wrecker said:

I get the feeling that things will be fine once they start airing again. They have to have like 10 episodes completed at this point.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The schedule is so terrible I'm having trouble caring about the show any more. Especially with more Avengers episodes on the horizon. At this rate EMH will have two full seasons done by the time Young Justice is done with one.

CONGRATULATIONS TO PHIL!!!
Phil Bourassa, character designer extraordinare for YOUNG JUSTICE, has one an EMMY AWARD for his work on the series!
Phil's designs are, of course, stunning, and he's truly irreplaceable! All of us here at YJ are thrilled for him.
And, let's be honest, for ourselves as well. Hey, now we're all working on an Emmy-winning show! ;)
http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=902
That's pretty cool also yay for airdate

New episode news:http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=1112
Young Justice
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#11 Terrors"
Batman assigns Superboy and Miss Martian to go undercover inside Belle Reve Penitentiary, a federal prison designed to house the world’s worst super-villains...

Young Justice
Friday, September 30th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#12 Home Front"
When The Cave itself is attacked, can Artemis and Robin – the two teens without super-powers – save the Team (or even themselves) from the unknown invaders?

Hehateme said:
Young Justice
Friday, September 30th, 2011 at 6:30pm (ET) - "#12 Home Front"
When The Cave itself is attacked, can Artemis and Robin – the two teens without super-powers – save the Team (or even themselves) from the unknown invaders?

of course Batman JR can do IT!!!!

Top Bottom