• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

ZoddGutts

Sigh. Wonder if they can get more than one studio to animate the series like most anime studios do. Get Bones/Sunrise to animate Young Justice, the animation would look still look great!

Kaizer

Banned
abundant said:
Bad news, it looks like no new shows in June. Toonzone forums revealed the CN schedule and it'll just be repeats throughout the entire month. I can confirm that next weeks episode will be a repeat, thanks to my DVR.
Wow, really looks like CN should've just waited to premiere this until this Fall 2011 instead of giving a short teaser last year and an appetizer for the beginning of this year. So any clue when we'll see new episodes? Did Teen Titans have a large drought during its first season? I don't remember.

Well that sucks. They should have waited longer before they started airing it. They need to promote the hell out of it when it finally does return.

yencid

episode 10 is out online (CN uploaded it to its website, took it down but its around for download)

EDIT: its also the episode with the most continuity

How have I not known about this show's existence for so long?! Teen Titans was really enjoyable, so this is something I could totally get into.

I was actually watching a cosplay video the other day that included the Young Justice team. You guys might like this.

yencid

Octorockin' said:
How have I not known about this show's existence for so long?! Teen Titans was really enjoyable, so this is something I could totally get into.

I was actually watching a cosplay video the other day that included the Young Justice team. You guys might like this.
a lot of the people from that video (the cosplayers) are from tumblr. Heh, cool looking at them.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Heh, thanks for the update. Since I've seen zero word on "when" the rest of the season was going to air. Is there ANY date listed for the show to come back?

Penguin

The end kind of remained me of that episode of Justice League.

Hell of an episode.

I'm sure some folks will have problems with some of the school scenes, but what can you do?

yencid

Penguin said:
The end kind of remained me of that episode of Justice League.

Hell of an episode.

I'm sure some folks will have problems with some of the school scenes, but what can you do?
i actually really liked the school scene

Slayven

vectorman06 said:
Wow...wasn't expecting
cyborg and the bumble bee
cameo
Good cause you are only half right
that was Hornblower an obscure member of the Teen Titans, not to mention Marvin and Wendy.

The school stuff I liked, the other stuff is getting tired. Oh they save the day, oh wait it was all according to plan for the Light.

Penguin

yencid said:
i actually really liked the school scene

Oh as did I
I think some folks will have issue with Meghan trying out/getting on the cheerleader squad. For some reason, people don't want her to be a "Female" female on the show.

I just checked the schedule on Wikipedia earlier tonight, it's nice to see proof the show is actually going forward.

Have to say, the blatant panties shots were a little surprising. It's a Chinese dress, so it makes sense, but I expected just what they did at the start of the fight, animate it with physics defied and skipped frames. Then they just went for it. They didn't even make it a bodysuit like they could've.

Plotwise, I'm a little disappointed that, a bit like Teen Titans with Raven,
a predetermined plot is going to force how the characters progress pretty clearly.
I mean especially with the
obvious Green/White Martian comment and hasty correction.
I don't know that plot 100%, but you know you're along for a ride other people have been on before.

The show is still all over the place, but it's nice to see it's starting to shape towards some kind of payoff. Far too much build up and little in the ways of answers so far though.

vazel

Banned
That was a good episode. Happy to finally see some big faces behind The Light. At least I hope they are two of the leaders; I can't see them working for anyone and they better not be brainwashed.

Edit: The school scenes were fine.

Poyunch

Haha sort of feel ripped off. It was a great episode but after the hiatus I wish I could have seen more. 20 minutes doesn't make up for such a long wait! :(

But other than that, it's great.

Sumidor

GOt dammit.. I want more! I don't mind the school stuff too much, it's ok to have a break in the action every now and then.

DieH@rd

Banned
yencid said:
episode 10 is out online (CN uploaded it to its website, took it down but its around for download)

EDIT: its also the episode with the most continuity

Streaming is enabled only for users from US. :-/

ocadman

Show continues to make Aqualad looks really awesome. Nice to see Vox and Bumblebee cameos.

I like when they show the slice of life stuff for the superheroes, so I enjoyed the school scenes.

Tizoc

Woah
Snapper Carr! Never thought I'd see him in a DC animated series =D Also Marvin, Wendy and Bumble Bee. Nice cameos
Also why do they pronounce his name as
Raish Al-Ghul?
Glad to see more of
Sportsmaster in this ep. X3
EDIT: ROFL looks like someone was reading Paul Cornell's Action Comics XD.

The mishandling of this series is astounding. They show the first 2 eps a month 1/2 before the actual season starts, then after 7 new eps from mid January to March the show vanishes from the schedule only for episode 10 to randomly pop up on Cartoon Network's site 3 months later...All while trying to maintain some sort of season long continuity. Horrible. They definitely should've waited until the Fall 2011 season to put this out there.

And despite all that, episode 10 was great.

Busaiku

LAUGHTREY said:
That's how his name is pronounced, Raz is the incorrect way.
It would actually be "Rawsh".
Wait, looking at the Arabic (on Wiki), the spelling of his name uses "sin" instead of "shin", so it would actually be more like "Rawss", I think.

yencid

Busaiku said:
It would actually be "Rawsh".
Wait, looking at the Arabic (on Wiki), the spelling of his name uses "sin" instead of "shin", so it would actually be more like "Rawss", I think.
wo2AA.jpg

Top Bottom