• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It wasn't really mentioned, but it was cool callback with the ice villains. The 4 of them were captured in the very 1st episode of the series. I remember people wondering why there were all these ice villains in the first episode. Guess this is why.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
this was a weak episode to me. superboy and miss martian do not a compelling episode make. two episodes in, and im tired of these solo mission episodes.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
glad dc is being consistent , intro of the new ep has a fight and a reveal of a sneaky undercover plan, who immediately comes into frame just so they know who's dicking them? batman.

SykoTech

Not the best episode. No interesting fights, dialogue wasn't as amusing as usual, and a very predictable
Light is behind everything even though the bad guys failed
setup.

Great to see the show back though! Hope we get an episode featuring the whole team soon.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tizoc said:
WTF did they do with Amanda Waller's voice? Her accent was fine in JL cartoon.
Also, poor Riddler =(

Well, he WAS the only one to escape ;)

And yeah, what's with Waller? Not so much her voice, but a Prison Warden??? She's suppsed to be in charge of CADMUS.

Tizoc

Lonestar said:
Well, he WAS the only one to escape ;)
lol, yeah I was talking about how he was treated in prison, but seeing what his gimmick is...
Riddler's one of my fav. DC characters BTW, lol.

And yeah, what's with Waller? Not so much her voice, but a Prison Warden??? She's suppsed to be in charge of CADMUS.
I can see them revealing as the series progresses that she was working undercover the whole time lol.
...and back in the 80s Suicide Squad book she was in touch with the BR prison, wasn't she?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Remember that Young Justice doesn't take place on the same Earth (Earth-16) as Justice League .

Young Justice's Kid Flash is Wally West. How can he be part of Young Justice when he's one of the founding members of the Justice League?

So it's possible that this Waller has nothing to do with the Waller we know from Justice League.

Tizoc

BY2K said:
Remember that Young Justice doesn't take place on the same Earth (Earth-16) as Justice League .

Young Justice's Kid Flash is Wally West. How can he be part of Young Justice when he's one of the founding members of the Justice League?
Uh.....

Episode was boring.No showcasing of powers or fights. They are on the verge of beccoming Inspector Gadget with all the endings. Get a young Booster Gold or WonderGirl or Cyborg or Blue Beetle or Plastic Boy. Artemis needs to be dead, she adds nothing to the team other than the JL using her to spy. Get Speedy in this shit and two more characters. Hello Megan.

shira

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Artemis needs to be dead, she adds nothing to the team other than the JL using her to spy.
LOL, she adds the whole asian female with disabled mom story arc and the love interest for wally. Politically correct cartoons these days.

Prax

shira said:
LOL, she adds the whole asian female with disabled mom story arc and the love interest for wally. Politically correct cartoons these days.

Plus she is the tough, non pining girl of the group!
You need her there! >:I

Satch

Banned
BY2K said:

Barry Allen was the first Justice League Flash, not Wally.

shira

BY2K said:

So it's possible that this Waller has nothing to do with the Waller we know from Justice League.
How are non-comic fans supposed to get this. Without this explanation it just looks like the writers don't know shit about the characters.

Nesotenso

The ending of most episodes so far is repetitive. I know it's a season long story arc but the "Light" seems to get a win no matter what.

Tizoc

You just wait til Batman reveals his inside mole among the Light; in fact watch as it turns out the whole Light idea is Batman's and he's using to catch all the big supervillains.

Nesotenso

Tizoc said:
You just wait til Batman reveals his inside mole among the Light; in fact watch as it turns out the whole Light idea is Batman's and he's using to catch all the big supervillains.

I wouldn't mind a crazy twist like that.

Wiseblade

Slayven said:
Small parts of previous episodes becoming major plot points (Everyone fighting Ice villains in the pilot, Professor Ojo) a joke character set up for future appearances, a jailbreak and a Xanatos gambit at the end. All it needed was a couple Shakespeare references to top it off.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
I thought the DCUA ended after JL Unlimited.

And the rumored team additions are so bad. Make a Plastic Boy.

They don't have to "make" him. He already exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offspring_(comics)

http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/OYG/offspring.html

teentitans19-20.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I hate it when good guys apparently foil the bad guys' plans, but turns out that nothing went wrong and nothing was foiled.

such a weak plot device imo.

Any episode with emphasis on Megaan and Superboy is just meh.

Penguin

I... liked the episode.

*Shrugs*

Finally got around to watching it. And it was a fun little play-off of the original pilot set-up. Nice to see them return to that. Also nice of them to not beat around the bush any longer with the Superboy/Meeghan storyline.

And who didn't see the play coming for Hugo Strange?

From the pic that Krypt0nion posted, super girl os a part of young justice. I don´t recognize most of those characters in that pic.
Anyway i am also getting sick of how the light is behind everything.
Why the villains did not take that collar when they got deactivated? I mean come on.

Top Bottom