• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Tizoc

Great ep. IMO, and prob. my fav.
Then again I'm a Jack Kirby fan (If this show gets og OMAC I could die happy), so this ep. was a big treat.

Error said:
His anger was overblown, lasted episodes... I understand a couple of episodes, but after living day to day with other people you'd think he would ease up a bit. Thankfully it seems he is finally starting to become more laid back and be less prone to let anger get the best of him.

Worked for me. I don't expect someone to make drastic personality changes in a few episodes.

Error said:
His anger was overblown, lasted episodes... I understand a couple of episodes, but after living day to day with other people you'd think he would ease up a bit. Thankfully it seems he is finally starting to become more laid back and be less prone to let anger get the best of him.
I find it refreshing and realistic. Besides they are teenagers, so being grumpy and pissed come with the territory. Superboy has had a traumatic existence, and the only family he has is acting like an asshole. Superboy not becoming peppy in 2 episodes is realistic to me.

Beam said:
I would be there too. Besides an OT will maybe give it more audience on GAF. It will most definitely get more attention.
Maybe it would help.
Much like with the BatMan cartoon that's ending I always got a feeling that people on gaf watched it even if they don't talk about it much.

It´s really sad that AL is treated like that. He is the best character in the show. I hope that witch girl join them. AL needs a love interest.
Magic girl seems like she wants Robin.
I'm guessing by the way they pair characters off (Red head boy/ blond girl- boy with black hair/ girl with black hair- Aliens going together) Rocket joining would be the only option for an in-team romance.

Sucks cause he HAD a reason to not get into this relationship bs seeing as he had a GF underwater ... but even that got snatched away from him because the GF and his BFF couldn't keep it in their pants in the 2 MONTHS he was gone :/

Black-Wind said:
Maybe it would help.
Much like with the BatMan cartoon that's ending I always got a feeling that people on gaf watched it even if they don't talk about it much.

Magic girl seems like she wants Robin.
I'm guessing by the way they pair characters off (Red head boy/ blond girl- boy with black hair/ girl with black hair- Aliens going together) Rocket joining would be the only option for an in-team romance.

Sucks cause he HAD a reason to not get into this relationship bs seeing as he had a GF underwater ... but even that got snatched away from him because the GF and his BFF couldn't keep it in their pants in the 2 MONTHS he was gone :/
I am glad that his girl dumped him, or else he would have stayed under water and we would have lost a great character. I just googled a bit about Rocket, and she sounds awesome.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I wonder.
With the introduction of New Genesis, Apokolips and Desaad now... Darkseid is bound to make an appearance in the show. Hopefully voiced by Michael Ironside :D

Error said:
I wonder.
With the introduction of New Genesis, Apokolips and Desaad now... Darkseid is bound to make an appearance in the show. Hopefully voiced by Michael Ironside :D
I'm not going to count on
Ironside, as awesome as it would be
, because of how they've been doing casting lately.

also, I'm expecting next season with the retitle to YJ: Invasion to involve
Darkseid having been using the anti-life equation to control all of the people involved with The Light, since I really don't see that particular set of villains as working together outside of cheeky stuff like The Legion of Doom. Especially considering how otherwise emotionless they seem to be in their respective episodes (poor writing/acting notwithstanding).

I mean, really, Luthor and Ra's working together alone would normally be enough to be a huge threat, but... what?

SQGWv.jpg

echoshifting said:
Yeah, if I have a problem with any Super-characterization it would be Superman. He is such a dick in this show. I'd expect him to be a lot more compassionate towards Superboy than he has been...it made sense at first but it's gone on for too long.

I have never had any serious problems with Superboy's characterization, but I agree that he's become a better character over the past couple eps.
yeah, it's kinda crazy seeing Batman being this approachable and cool dude while Superman is this asshole who is like "i don't have time for this shit!"

SykoTech

Such a great "WTF" face Wolf had.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Definitely make a Generator Rex OT. I can't believe it's made by the Ben 10 guys, I don't understand how Ben is so successful.

Hmm, may have to give Generator Rex a shot sometime. I couldn't get into Ben 10 for the life of me. My friends back then thought it was great, but it was just dumb to me. Didn't bother watching Rex since it's from the same creators. But maybe it's worth a shot.

Slayven said:
I think Superman is acting perfectly reasonable. Can't expect a guy to embrace a kid that came from his violation.

At first I would say no. Yet, when I think about it if it was me, I could can't blame him. I'd probably act the same way if I had a son I didn't ask for after someone messed with my genes. That one pic of SB & Supes ignoring him gets me all the time.

Slayven said:
I think Superman is acting perfectly reasonable. Can't expect a guy to embrace a kid that came from his violation.

I guess, but at least treat him like a person. It's not his fault, but Superman seems more concerned with this punk tarnishing his image than anything else. He can't stop seeing him as a weapon, or a threat...and as faceless points out it is an incredibly striking contrast when lined up with Batman, who seems more than anything to be pushing Clark to give the kid a break.

It's just too far out of character for him, in my opinion. Far too contrived for the story's convenience. I was with you on this up until the bus scene a few episodes ago (not to mention that meeting over lunch with Bruce). That was bullshit. He hasn't earned the right to sass Superboy for fucking up. Leave it to the JLers who are actually invested in his growth as a do-gooder.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
echoshifting said:
I guess, but at least treat him like a person. It's not his fault, but Superman seems more concerned with this punk tarnishing his image than anything else. He can't stop seeing him as a weapon, or a threat...and as faceless points out it is an incredibly striking contrast when lined up with Batman, who seems more than anything to be pushing Clark to give the kid a break.

It's just too far out of character for him, in my opinion. Far too contrived for the story's convenience. I was with you on this up until the bus scene a few episodes ago (not to mention that meeting over lunch with Bruce). That was bullshit. He hasn't earned the right to sass Superboy for fucking up. Leave it to the JLers who are actually invested in his growth as a do-gooder.
That said, I think Superboy's likely the mole. Probably doesn't realize it, but since he was programmed by the light, and given his non reaction to teammate death during the training mission...

Freshmaker said:
That said, I think Superboy's likely the mole. Probably doesn't realize it, but since he was programmed by the light, and given his non reaction to teammate death during the training mission...

I like this theory. He clearly has emotion but being apathetic to everything was really unnerving.

Freshmaker said:

I think you're right, but I think he'll probably overcome it. At least I hope so, I'd hate to see that jackasS vindicated :p

BY2K said:
Cruses stupid me, I just realized just who Megan is. Or rather what she is.

4/6 members of the squad have genetic links to their mentor's enemies

Artemis -
Daughter of Sportsmaster and Huntress I/Tigress, sister of Cheshire
Miss Martian -
White Martian
Aqualad -
Son of Black Manta
Superboy -
is actually made form Superman DNA spliced into Lex Luthor's genome

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Perhaps it will be a "short" type show. And now I said this over and over again, but where the hell is is the CG Batgirl series they teased?

I thought it was a CG Batman and a Batgirl/Supergirl/<some other female superhero> show done by whatsherface in flash.

Slayven

Huh, who's Harm? First I've known of him
Loved the subtle reference to House of Secrets when they were being chased by Harm.
Poor Captain Marvel =(
404000-24930-harm.jpg

He was an OG Young Justice villain. His story more or the less the same from the ep.

Mal was wearing Superboy's original costume, damn it still looks good.

Shapingo

Bumblebee dressed as herself, way to give away a secret identity.

Aqualad is going to be pissed when he finds out Chesire is Artemis' sister.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I laughed when I saw it. So Artemis was mad at SB & MM linking up because she wanted a shot at mr angry right?

artemis confuses me. she seems to want wallys attention to some degree, but gets upset when she finds out that superhormones and the white martian are together? and did anyone feel like they were throwing out red herrings at titan mini summit? and it was nice seeing secret again, but not in such limited capacity.

Hiltz

That was a pretty fun episode. My only complaint is that Harm's character design looked too generic. I liked how Harm kept referring to anyone as "it."

Top Bottom