• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Get out. Get out right now. Everyone knows that the best Batman in all of animating is Batman the Animated Series. Anything else is, and always will be second best.

Pssh. Batman Brave and The Bold is ten time better. BTAS had tons of boring episodes.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
That would be so sad. All the kid wants is for Superman to treat him with a little decency and it all culminates in Superman kicking the shit out of him

That would be so sad it would be hilarious

It would also deeply confuse Captain Marvel. (I guess Solomon was kinda dense.)

Aqualad being the mole would be the most left field scenario ever, especially as he was actively investigating to try and find the mole!

This is a sacred cow, and I demand that it be devoured immediately.

People say this all the time, but not only was he surpassed by YJ Batman (imho)...he was better on JL/JLU. Way better. It's hard to top that last ep of JLU for portrayals of Batman or Superman.

indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOmMTRZyoIY

Tizoc

404000-24930-harm.jpg

He was an OG Young Justice villain. His story more or the less the same from the ep.

Mal was wearing Superboy's original costume, damn it still looks good.

Thanks, gotta read the old series someday.

wildfire

Banned
No, I would be in there.

GR is ALWAYS on point lately and is always either close to top or top show in the Friday action night.

Problem is that there's not much to say about it. I just enjoy it and comment on how cool such and such was and move on :p

Yeah, that shit is annoying.

What's a good leader in their world? Someone who is at least WILLING to sacrifice their life for their team or someone "like Batman" as Dick put it? AL is young and has time to learn and grow from this training exercise ... he needs to stop thinking he just CAN'T be the leader and focus on learning how to be one. Hell, didn't we just have an episode about that?

Right now I wish Robin would be bumped off ... if only because they act like he is the "chosen one" which undermines everything AL does as just being a "placeholder" until the REAL leader comes out in Robin.

Also, I think we got a nice lil peek at SB being a leader with his side mission. It seems like he IS getting control over his anger and that he can be a good leader.

You got the hint but you are not thinking through the entire implication. The primary leadership of JL has always been Batman, Superman and Wonder Women. Robin was the assumed chosen one in the pilot episode because 1) a wonder women character doesn't exist, 2)Superboy is a clone, 3)he's Batman's successor in training.

This episode wasn't just a revelation on Robin's diminishing viability in becoming the leader but Superboy becoming a viable choice. Aqualad's stated reasons for assuming Robin was the best choice and Superboy not being an alternative were invalidated by what we saw onscreen, even if Aqualad wasn't present to see them himself.

I just hope its not something like Superboy getting Cadmus controlled and Miss Martian using the power of love and her super telepathy to break him out of it.

More likely he takes out the entire team, and Superman has to stop him. He holds him off but purely plays defense, trying to talk him down and convince him to override his programming.

Heavy season 2 plot on finding Conner, who's run away to try and protect his freinds from himself.

So I have to ask, what's the deal with Captain Marvel on the show, I thought in the comics and other animated works he has been in, he is pretty much an adult as the Captain but with a degree of innocence but on Young Justice, its pretty much "Big" superhero edition?

shira

So I have to ask, what's the deal with Captain Marvel on the show, I thought in the comics and other animated works he has been in, he is pretty much an adult as the Captain but with a degree of innocence but on Young Justice, its pretty much "Big" superhero edition?
Well they seem to be doing one and dones with the cameos, I'm not sure why they keep coming back to cap.

Well we've only seen him around other kids. He probably acts more mature around the JL members.

Jintor

Great Halloween episodes.

The more I watch Young Justice the more the seams show, but then it hits me out of left field with a moment or a reference and I just get lost in the magic again. I loved the Superboy halloween costume, and douchebag mcpure was a great villain. Felt like the reveal was a little cheesy, but hey, it's Halloween.

Jintor

I enjoy that they're pushing the Child-aspect of his nature. The Cap'n Marvel JLU episode was a little too serious for my tastes.

BTW BTAS or bust.

Chiave

Man... I'm surprised that they've kept superman a bitch for so long. Dude can't even take responsibility for his own biological son.

abundant

Geez, Cartoon Network is mishandling every good show they have. All 3 of them.

This break is hardly CN fault. In the next few weeks, every show will be on a break for a few weeks - over a month. It's the annual Christmas break everyone goes on.

Regular show could do better with some damn advertising, so I agree
What? Regular show is repeated everyday on CN for at least two hours, if not more, and they always advertise when a new episode is about to be aired.

Compared to their Friday lineup, which is only repeated once a week, and only Clone Wars gets any Ad time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was only at episode 4 or so before I got busy with work but judging by the size of the thread this show must've really took off. Whats the best way to get caught up?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
What? Regular show is repeated everyday on CN for at least two hours, if not more, and they always advertise when a new episode is about to be aired.

Compared to their Friday lineup, which is only repeated once a week, and only Clone Wars gets any Ad time.

i have never seen regular show advertised. hell the only way i know about the contents of new episodes is here.

since the thread doesnt exist yet, did anyone see the generator rex special? ben looks a lot better in this style. and the writing for him is better too.

abundant

i have never seen regular show advertised. hell the only way i know about the contents of new episodes is here.

Do you watch CN regularly? After every show ends, you get a commercial for either a brand new episode of Adventure Time, Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, or Looney Tunes. That, plus Clone Wars is all they advertise really.

since the thread doesnt exist yet, did anyone see the generator rex special? ben looks a lot better in this style. and the writing for him is better too.

That's because Gen Rex is done by "Man of Action". They haven't worked on Ben 10 in a long time.

I was shocked by how plot heavy it was.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Do you watch CN regularly? After every show ends, you get a commercial for either a brand new episode of Adventure Time, Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, or Looney Tunes. That, plus Clone Wars is all they advertise really.

i do, and i havent seen that for regular show. ive seen it for adventure time though.

That's because Gen Rex is done by "Man of Action". They haven't worked on Ben 10 in a long time.

I was shocked by how plot heavy it was.

and its obvious they need to be handed the series back. i dont miss jackass ben, but cocky ben is tiring too.

and it helps that this is canon that both series are connected as well. it will be interesting to see where this will go in the future

abundant

and its obvious they need to be handed the series back. i dont miss jackass ben, but cocky ben is tiring too.
Agreed. Ben 10 is alright, but this special made it obvious that MoA hasn't been working with it for awhile. I can't wait to see what they do with Ultimate Spiderman next year.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No new eps? WTF

And here I thought I could watch my Saturday Cartoons =/

Oh well, one show to cancel for Saturday.

Slayven

i do, and i havent seen that for regular show. ive seen it for adventure time though.

and it helps that this is canon that both series are connected as well. it will be interesting to see where this will go in the future

They don't think much of evolution function. I hated kid Ben, even if he didn't have superpowers he would have been a little shit. Teen Ben is a step in the right duration, but a little too laid back.

I loved Heroes United, but I'm a fan of both Ben 10 and Generator Rex. I have to say after watching the special I would love a new Man of Action Ben 10 series. Didn't really like Shocksquatch's design though.

I've been watching Young Justice over the last few weeks, I think it's only okay so far but some episodes have been really good.

Artemis and Wally are still tsun to each other. You have to give it time for the dere to come out.

Indeed.

Just got caught up due to a marathon that was running and i'm digging it so far.

There always seem to be a "trusted member who is actually a mole" point in these superhero series but i'm kinda cool with this one since there are a few potential candidates.

Right now i'm leaning toward

Artemis due to her secret of not being Queen's niece and they might final add the fact that Sportsmaster is her father. It could be damning since he was the one who tipped them off in the first place (first choice). She might not since its possible Batman plus some other League people know of her identity and let her stay anyway.

Miss Martian due to her powerful powers, her reaction to the Black Canary's "you turned white" comment and the second season being called Young Justice:Invasion. (mental gymnastic choice)

Superboy as well due to Cadmus, Lex and the Light

Whats cool is that all these choices have a potential to be huge so it could be interesting.

No new episode til at least January.

FUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!

:(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It can mean reluctant, tiring and tedious.

Yeah. This.

Its got potential though. The female cast in this is surprisingly strong too. Wasn't expecting that. Aqualad has a surprisingly weak character though compared to everyone else.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It can mean reluctant, tiring and tedious.

When used in the proper context, yes. Still is an odd reaction to me since again, I don't usually get involved to a degree that I'd come away mentally tired. Bored? Not a condition I feel if a show has me engaged.

Top Bottom