• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

SykoTech

and did anyone feel like they were throwing out red herrings at titan mini summit?

Speedy's (Red Arrow's?) guess about Miss Martian definitely seems like a red herring. And I think Superboy's chances of being the mole just went down since Batman is all supicious of him now.

I still think it's going to be Aqualad.

Poyunch

Speedy's (Red Arrow's?) guess about Miss Martian definitely seems like a red herring. And I think Superboy's chances of being the mole just went down since Batman is all supicious of him now.

I still think it's going to be Aqualad.
That's what I'm thinking since
he is the son of Black Manta.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
and Batman B&B final episode...

god. batmites fade got me a little. and the afterparty was quite sad.

but at least the people asking about batgirl got an answer as to why we havent seen more from it...

It's a different universe and we have to approach it as such.

only to an extent. the universes hold on to major parts of the overall mythos, but change stories and their outcomes. now if we got a tangent animated series, i would agree....

Good episode. Harm was cool and fun to watch. It was nice to see Red Arrow working directly with the JL for a change.
I've been educating my daughter on white martians and she went through the whole ep completely convinced Secret was a white martian, could not talk her out of it, ha ha. I have a feeling that's going to come up with any mysterious figure from now on...

Yeah its gotta be aqualad because shouldnt robin be team leader? How else are they going to hand the mantle to him?

You will find this is a very unpopular opinion in this thread
Robin taking lead from Aqualad would be bullshit, they haven't sold me on him as a leader at all, and if anything they seem to have distanced themselves from the idea in the last few episodes.

Aqualad is going to be pissed when he finds out Chesire is Artemis' sister.

The question is who will he be pissed at, since it seems like everyone around him in any kind of a leadership role already knows. It seems like Artemis has been instructed to keep that information to herself.

Don't we already know who the mole is?
______Artemis_______

I don't think there's any chance of that happening at this point. Not after "Homefront" and last night's episode.
Batman seems to trust her completely despite knowing the details of her past.

edit: wait was this the last new ep of the year?! :( :( :(

Parallax

Good episode. Harm was cool and fun to watch. It was nice to see Red Arrow working directly with the JL for a change.
I've been educating my daughter on white martians and she went through the whole ep completely convinced Secret was a white martian, could not talk her out of it, ha ha. I have a feeling that's going to come up with any mysterious figure from now on...

heh heh heh. thats so cute. did you tell her that white martians are very violent creatures?

heh heh heh. thats so cute. did you tell her that white martians are very violent creatures?

Yes. Elicited this reply - "Daddy I don't want Megan to turn into a white martian"
:(

She thought for sure Secret was gonna turn around and eat Zatanna or something. I'm trying not to give too much away; she's a devotee of the Timmverse but they never touched on white martians (and that's her only exposure to DC). No, just enough to soften the blow...

Parallax

Yes. Elicited this reply - "Daddy I don't want Megan to turn into a white martian"
:(

She thought for sure Secret was gonna turn around and eat Zatanna or something. I'm trying not to give too much away; she's a devotee of the Timmverse but they never touched on white martians (and that's her only exposure to DC). No, just enough to soften the blow...

damn. for your sake, you better hope its either aqualad or superboy... and that she hasnt picked up on the comics yet. the way white martians are shown might scare her off of megan

question though... is there a reason that wally is out on the traitor plans. he may not be a willing one, but that wall of momentos could have some sort of tracking node in it somewhere...

I really like Zatana and her joining the team has become assured. I am glad.
That said, I think Superboy's likely the mole. Probably doesn't realize it, but since he was programmed by the light, and given his non reaction to teammate death during the training mission...

Damn Freshmaker, you were spot on with regards to Superboy.
I am glad they kept Harm's punness.
Where´s my Generator Rex OT Slayven?

damn. for your sake, you better hope its either aqualad or superboy... and that she hasnt picked up on the comics yet. the way white martians are shown might scare her off of megan

question though... is there a reason that wally is out on the traitor plans. he may not be a willing one, but that wall of momentos could have some sort of tracking node in it somewhere...

I'm banking on Superboy. I'm starting to think about jumping on the Aqualad wagon, but that would really bum me out =/
At the "mini summit," Batman seemed EXTREMELY suspicious of Aqualad. Maybe it's just me but at this point I think Batman knows and he's just manipulating him to get information. he's in wait-and-see detective mode.

Wally is an interesting idea, but I doubt it because he's basically been sidelined for half a dozen episodes.

Slayven

but at least the people asking about batgirl got an answer as to why we havent seen more from it...

only to an extent. the universes hold on to major parts of the overall mythos, but change stories and their outcomes. now if we got a tangent animated series, i would agree....

I would sell half the souls of Tokugaf for a Tangent Animated series, or even movie.

Parallax

I'm banking on Superboy. I'm starting to think about jumping on the Aqualad wagon, but that would really bum me out =/

Wally is an interesting idea, but I doubt it because he's basically been sidelined for half a dozen episodes.

exactly. the constant tripping, the complete ineptitude he has, and the lack of mastery of his powers compared to his allies, as well as the fact that he doesnt seem to take anything seriously makes me think that knowingly, or unknowingly there could be something at work with wally. but then i keep looking at that new season poster and wondering where kon is....

I would sell half the souls of Tokugaf for a Tangent Animated series, or even movie.

the low counts only. im not going down for that.

exactly. the constant tripping, the complete ineptitude he has, and the lack of mastery of his powers compared to his allies, as well as the fact that he doesnt seem to take anything seriously makes me think that knowingly, or unknowingly there could be something at work with wally. but then i keep looking at that new season poster and wondering where kon is....

Ack, is that in here somewhere? I haven't seen it.

edit: Oh, the Invasion poster? Huh, look at that.
The "roster" on that poster is screwy for all kinds of reasons though. Looks to me like
Wonder Girl, Red Arrow, Robin, Miss Martian, Aqualad and Rocket or possibly Wally

At the "mini summit," Batman seemed EXTREMELY suspicious of Aqualad. Maybe it's just me but at this point I think Batman knows and he's just manipulating him to get information. he's in wait-and-see detective mode.

Didn't Sportsmaster originally warn Aqualad about the mole? How would that make sense if he was the mole?

Didn't Sportsmaster originally warn Aqualad about the mole? How would that make sense if he was the mole?

It's entirely possible Sportsmaster doesn't know who the mole is, he isn't exactly a high-ranking member of the Light...I wouldn't want the guy who gives away highly confidential information to my enemies just for grins to know more than he needs to.

What was the answer brah?

PBalfredo

I was a bit surprised they're still talking about the mole. I though Red Tornado was already reveled to be the mole. Or was T.O. Morrow acting independent of The Light?

It was good to see Secret in the show. I just wished she did (and said) more. Though I did like the ending with her walking through Harm's sword and ripping out his evil heart, like a boss.

There is no way in hell they make Wally, Dick, or Speedy a traitor. It's going to be Kon. He isn't on the season two poster for a reason.

What about Artemis? I don't think she's on there either...I guess she could be, but neither the female character on the far left nor the character with the quiver look quite right.

Slayven

the low counts only. im not going down for that.
You could could sneak out of hell like Abarekiller or Spawn.

I was a bit surprised they're still talking about the mole. I though Red Tornado was already reveled to be the mole. Or was T.O. Morrow acting independent of The Light?

I'm going to have to re-watch the episode, but yeah it does seem like it was briefly implied Red Tornado was the mole. I dunno, maybe that was just something we put together while we were watching it but my daughter and I were sure it was him 'til they started bringing it up again...I don't think this is the first time it's been mentioned since they rescued him, however.

Slayven

I think the light are being mind controlled by the Mighty Endowed. Would explain the name and why so many misanthropes are working together.

Milabrega

I need to watch this episode again, I caught Robin's facial expression when they were talking about family affiliation for the mole but forgot Lad was BM's son. Heavy handed foreshadowing in the Halloween plot about Miss Martian and the season 2 plot.

Parallax

Looney tunes characters will be in season 2?

no, the fact that since martian has many hundred nieces and nephews, and that this one that he never met before coming here stowed away on his vessel, that he may not be what shes saying she is

Slayven

it was a joke series.

abarekiller huh? hmmmm.

as enticing as that is, nope. im pretty sure you could snatch ookami and his heisei disliking self. but a tengent series would be interesting, just to see the public reaction...
Tangent Superman would generate a few crazy as hell blog articles by himself.

Shapingo

Yeah its gotta be aqualad because shouldnt robin be team leader? How else are they going to hand the mantle to him?

Cyborg was the leader for a long time before giving the mantle to Robin in the comics.

Why does anyone think the mole is Aqualad when Aquaman is his mentor, he never even met Black Manta or his mother. Even Speedy said he is above suspicion.

Me'gaan is hiding that she maybe a white martian.

Artemis probably would betray the team to help her sister Chesire if the situation ever arose.

Superboy was programed as a Cadmus weapon, there is probably a fail safe somewhere in his brain. They just let him go and the Light was fine with it.

I hope Wondergirl replaces Artemis down the line.

Speaking of tangents...I'd just like to say this might be my favorite portrayal of Batman in an animated show. Ever. It's awfully refreshing to see him portrayed as something more than a borderline psychopath revenge machine, or a ridiculous over-the-top doofus. Not that I don't love those shows, but it's time to move on from the bipolar DKR/Silver Age Worship spectrum that has heavily influenced all Batman shows since forever.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of tangents...I'd just like to say this might be my favorite portrayal of Batman in an animated show. Ever. It's awfully refreshing to see him portrayed as something more than a borderline psychopath revenge machine, or a ridiculous over-the-top doofus. Not that I don't love those shows, but it's time to move on from the bipolar DKR/Silver Age Worship spectrum that has heavily influenced all Batman shows since forever.

But there sorta still has that air of Batman worship in this ep.

2th

Banned

Get out. Get out right now. Everyone knows that the best Batman in all of animating is Batman the Animated Series. Anything else is, and always will be second best.

Get out. Get out right now. Everyone knows that the best Batman in all of animating is Batman the Animated Series. Anything else is, and always will be second best.

This is a sacred cow, and I demand that it be devoured immediately.

People say this all the time, but not only was he surpassed by YJ Batman (imho)...he was better on JL/JLU. Way better. It's hard to top that last ep of JLU for portrayals of Batman or Superman.

I just hope its not something like Superboy getting Cadmus controlled and Miss Martian using the power of love and her super telepathy to break him out of it.

That would be pretty lame but I think it's the likeliest of all scenarios.

I also think it likely that
Superboy will seemingly die in the process of being redeemed

2th

Banned
This is a sacred cow, and I demand that it be devoured immediately.

People say this all the time, but not only was he surpassed by YJ Batman (imho)...he was better on JL/JLU. Way better. It's hard to top that last ep of JLU for portrayals of Batman or Superman.

JL/JLU Batman is technically included since it is all the same DCAU designed by Bruce Timm. But I disagree about YJ Batman.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
That would be pretty lame but I think it's the likeliest of all scenarios.

I also think it likely that
Superboy will seemingly die in the process of being redeemed

No no no. It'll be a Superboy vs Superman throwdown that will break down the walls and manly tears will turn the day around.

No no no. It'll be a Superboy vs Superman throwdown that will break down the walls and manly tears will turn the day around.

That would be so sad. All the kid wants is for Superman to treat him with a little decency and it all culminates in Superman kicking the shit out of him

That would be so sad it would be hilarious

Top Bottom