• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Static is the only Milestone character DC cares about.
Rocket is getting love too now. And with hardware emerging in the comics, we may have more popularized milestone characters.

Phoenixazure said:
I wonder who it might be. Some minds off the top of my head include...

Zatanna - The episode she was in with everybody was a ton of fun and overall a big tease. It'd be nice to have them go through with it.

Kyle Rayner - The only Green Lantern to not have made an appearance in the YJ universe. Would be awesome to have a GL on the team, which I'd feel legitimizes them more.

Wonder Girl - The most obvious choice. Strange she wasn't in the cast to begin with.

Spoiler - Steph would bring a fun dynamic to the team with her perky attitude along with her general klutsy nature.

Zatanna has at least one more episode coming up. It will air on November 18th.

Beast Boy is confirmed as appearing in some capacity:
http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/3443949997/yjcharacter

Wonder Girl was not used due to some licensing restrictions that were no longer an issue by the time the first episode hit the air.

I could see Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes version) joining, because DC has made giving him media exposure a strong focus.

ZoddGutts

The team needs a magic user, Zatanna fits the bill. Another heavy hitter someone like Wonder Girl. And of course Blue Beetle. Static could join possibly after Aqua Lad either bites the dust or leaves YJ.

Jintor

I really want to see Jaime.

Or for lols Cass Cain

I don't think there's been an animated Cass Cain yet, right? the one-second cameo of a possible Cass Cain alongside a bunch of Batkids in an alternate timeline in JLU doesn't count.

ReiGun

Wonder Girl or Zatanna would be great. Though I hope it's Supergirl if only for more Superboy angst.

"Why does he love her more than me? WHY!?"

Rafa=FedKilla said:
I wish by adding new members that aren't as prominent to garner more interest in lesser characters. I really feel DC dropped the ball with the new 52's by not using their synergy to build the younger heroes brand of Blue Beetle and Static.
OT, but I agree. Those two really ought to be on the Titans (along with Spoiler :3), though I respect DC for at least taking the risk and giving them their own books.

Jintor

Farming Spoiler (or Batgirl, I personally really like the sleeker Steph Batgirl design) out to the Titans is a pretty awesome idea to be honest.

Or Misfit!

The personality type overlaps a little with Meghann though.

Parallax

I would rather see empress or spoiler make an animated debut than spoiler. With all the teen heroes out there, it would be nice to see a counter team of sorts to be the fruits of the success of the young justice project(then maybe I can get son of vulcan back in a non comatose state)

PBalfredo

Maybe it's Secret. It's all but explicitly confirmed that she will appear in the show, based on Peter David's blog

Peter David said:
I’m going to be writing several episodes for the series. I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to reconnect with the characters, even if there are some differences between the guys I wrote and the new incarnation. I would love to tell you all about my first episode, but I’m afraid that it’s…oh, what’s the word…Secret.

I really hope so. Secret was by far my favorite character in the Young Justice comic.

Parallax

Wow. I actually typed spoiler instead of secret before... weak, but yeah, secret being meek would be a nice fit to the team.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
JRGpy.gif

Slayven

Jintor said:
I really want to see Jaime.

Or for lols Cass Cain

I don't think there's been an animated Cass Cain yet, right? the one-second cameo of a possible Cass Cain alongside a bunch of Batkids in an alternate timeline in JLU doesn't count.
DIdio would use every ounce of his power to ensure that will never happen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Slayven said:
He is very against Cass Cain for some reason. I don't know why, but it is one of my favorite policies of his. Cass Cain fans tears are so delicious.
Well that sucks. I mean they add a lame ass wolf but won't add Cain? Boo this man.

Slayven said:
He is very against Cass Cain for some reason. I don't know why, but it is one of my favorite policies of his. Cass Cain fans tears are so delicious.

I used to think so too until I read the entire Cass Cain Batgirl run and saw the error of my ways.

ReiGun said:
Wonder Girl or Zatanna would be great. Though I hope it's Supergirl if only for more Superboy angst.

"Why does he love her more than me? WHY!?"

God, that would be hilarious.

I'm hoping for Wonder Girl, if only because my kid is a huge Wonder Woman fan. Batgirl would be awesome but if they're going to overlap I'd rather it be Supergirl because Superboy's daddy issues would rocket into the stratosphere.

Also, Cassandra Cain is my favorite Batgirl, to hell with the haters. At least she was different.

Back on the last page...

ZoddGutts said:

Something about this always kind of bugged me a little, even knowing the twist. She's clearly awake during the fall, why doesn't she have a grappling hook? I'm pretty sure she used one in previous episodes, so it seemed weird to me that she'd just flail instead of going for it.

If they animated her looking half-dazed during the fall, it would've worked better for me.

Kaizer

Banned
So I have no idea who these guys are, as I don't follow DC Comics - only watch the various cartoons, but they're pretty awesome so far.

ZoddGutts said:
The team needs a magic user, Zatanna fits the bill. Another heavy hitter someone like Wonder Girl. And of course Blue Beetle. Static could join possibly after Aqua Lad either bites the dust or leaves YJ.

Are... you implying that they can't be on the team at the same time?

For what reason?

Slayven

Wonder how they will play it? Since being white, green, or yellow is a philosophical thing to Martians. At least in comics.

somedevil

So are they going to reveal that
Darkseid is one behind the light because he was the one that supplied the light with that stolen technology.

somedevil said:
So are they going to reveal that
Darkseid is one behind the light because he was the one that supplied the light with that stolen technology.

He is going to invade during the second season.

CaptYamato said:
Well he is Dick; he never wanted to be Batman.

Except he did up until then. I know Nightwing, etc, but up until now he had been Mini-Batman in some respects. It's interesting that they're shifting him away from that this soon.

Hehateme said:
Didn't Tim want to , i guess it depends who you consider a good Robin Lol.
I seeing this episode made appreciated last weeks even more!
Agreed. Last week was the perfect setup/calm before the storm episode.

Slayven

Hehateme said:
Didn't Tim want to , i guess it depends who you consider a good Robin Lol.
Seeing this episode made appreciated last weeks even more!
Tim like Dick came into his own rather nicely.

Parallax

googleplex said:
Fantastic episode! Is a rare thing in western cartoons to see character building of this magnitude.

So good.....
Not anymore. Generator rex is pretty good on it too.

Top Bottom