• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Shapingo

KidGalactus said:
Are... you implying that they can't be on the team at the same time?

For what reason?

Probably thinks they hit their quota.

I hope Supergirl "Kara" does show up in an episode just so Batman can point out Superman's blatant favoritism.

The redhead had Lashina's whips didn't she?

ZoddGutts

Shapingo said:
Probably thinks they hit their quota.

Pretty much. More caucasian looking characters is just what this show needs! Seriously though it's because Aqualad has those lighting looking weapons, having Static would be a bit redundant if Aqualad is still there. Anyways too many caucasian characters on the team lol. Dammit DC fix this!

Poyunch

ZoddGutts said:
Pretty much. More caucasian looking characters is just what this show needs! Seriously though it's because Aqualad has those lighting looking weapons, having Static would be a bit redundant if Aqualad is still there. Anyways too many caucasian characters on the team lol. Dammit DC fix this!
That's why we need Blue Beetle.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I don't follow the lore too closely.. or the show, but I do enjoy every episode :)

at some point it was mentioned about artimus not being green arrows neice. do we know who she is? or is this something that's not known to us yet. I've not followed her too closely in the show either.. she bores me so i may have missed some dialogue.

Spoilers if there is something, but its not from the show that might answer what theyre alluding too? thank you

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
HolyCheck said:
I don't follow the lore too closely.. or the show, but I do enjoy every episode :)

at some point it was mentioned about artimus not being green arrows neice. do we know who she is? or is this something that's not known to us yet. I've not followed her too closely in the show either.. she bores me so i may have missed some dialogue.

Spoilers if there is something, but its not from the show that might answer what theyre alluding too? thank you
Were assuming that cheshire is her sister, and that sportsmaster is her father. Not much is known about her mother yet

How convenient that i found this on tumblr

tumblr_luj5jhRDrk1qa9tolo1_500.jpg

Ookami-kun said:
So wait, is Miss Martian a White Martian or not? Are we to trust the interview or not!?
I would say she is.

If she were worried about turning "White" then that means to me that her appearance as Green is intentional.

Black-Wind said:
I would say she is.

If she were worried about turning "White" then that means to me that her appearance as Green is intentional.
Yeah, but you would think she'd revert back to her "True" form all those times she was rendered unconscious. Or dose her metamorphic abilities work that way?

googleplex said:
Yeah, but you would think she'd revert back to her "True" form all those times she was rendered unconscious. Or dose her metamorphic abilities work that way?

Pretty sure they do, considering all the times she's been knocked out she goes back to whatever when we see her. I'm just assuming at this point.

This was a great ep to show character development. The whole conversation Dick had with BC, "I just can't" wow. Aqualad has questioned his effectiveness as leader for how many times now? Look brah, you're young & screwing up as leader. I like how he has a confidence flaw.

Slayven

Parallax said:
Not anymore. Generator rex is pretty good on it too.
Generator Rex has always been quietly awesome but lately it been on a whole new level. I been toying with making an OT for it.

googleplex said:

Martian Manhunter, when knocked out, doesn't revert to his his true form (which looks like this):

MM_FARADAYL.jpg

M'Gann has stated that she's still pretty rusty withe her shape shifting, so she most likely reverts to the form she has trained herself to stay in, while "New" forms take a lot more focus.

M'Gann's true form in the comics looks like this:

1858919-miss_martian_edit_super.jpg

Parallax

Slayven said:
Generator Rex has always been quietly awesome but lately it been on a whole new level. I been toying with making an OT for it.
I would say go for it, but we would probably be the only two in there

yencid

we have adventure time, Thundercats, young justice, now green lantern OTs. (we HAD a symbionic titan one) So yeah genRex needs the love.

Definitely make a Generator Rex OT. I can't believe it's made by the Ben 10 guys, I don't understand how Ben is so successful.

On the topic of oung Justice, is anyone else concerned by the introduction of the enemies last night? Personally I was hoping the team would take on worldly threats but facing one of the toughest foes in the DC Universe will have to require the Justice League.

Another vote for a Generation Rex OT. I've never seen the show but I see it getting praise here. If I wasn't extremely lazy I'd check it out on my own but you know, I forget about that stuff and never record it. :p

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Definitely make a Generator Rex OT. I can't believe it's made by the Ben 10 guys, I don't understand how Ben is so successful.

On the topic of oung Justice, is anyone else concerned by the introduction of the enemies last night? Personally I was hoping the team would take on worldly threats but facing one of the toughest foes in the DC Universe will have to require the Justice League.

I like the idea of them going out on a mission with the JL and learning from them. It can lead to some good character interaction.

Cwarrior

Good episode really liked the therapy scenes.

-lol even superboy's dog is emo

I have never heard of this thing called Generator Rex, am going to go check it out.

Parallax

Hehateme said:
Did he really ever say that, wouldn't he just say NO Comment
In fact http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=13659

this needs clarification

Derek writes...

Wasn't the whole reason Martian Manhunter came to earth because his species had been wiped out? How can Miss Martian have eight sisters on Mars?

Greg responds...

She doesn't. She has twelve sisters. And seventeen brothers. And something like 300 cousins.

And the Martian race is still alive and well in the Earth-16 Universe. (From my point of view, killing them off wasn't the greatest addition to the Martian Manhunter mythos. It's stealing from Superman's schtick. Superman is the last Kryptonian. Martian Manhunter wasn't the last Martian for years and years, until that notion was added or retconned or whatever you want to call it into J'onn's backstory.)

And that's NOT why Martian Manhunter came to Earth. At least not originally when he first appeared in 1955 and not in our continuity either. He was brought here as a result of a Zeta-Beam accident.

Wow. Revealed way more than I planned to. Oh, well.

if he wasnt lying he grouped both martian clans together, and that doesnt seem like a mistake weisman would make....

Ezalc

This was a good episode. I'm glad that during the therapy sessions Robin wasn't being a, pun not intended, dick. For some reason I expected him to act like one. I'm glad Superboy seems to be calming down and how they even made a joke about that in the episode. Artemis is still boring, Wally behaved like expected, M'gann's hello megan was more annoying this time around since it seemed extremely out of place. I think I'm the only one who still likes Aqualad, he realizes that his position isn't an easy one and it shows. I still want Beast boy to show up and be awesome though.

Ezalc said:
This was a good episode. I'm glad that during the therapy sessions Robin wasn't being a, pun not intended, dick. For some reason I expected him to act like one. I'm glad Superboy seems to be calming down and how they even made a joke about that in the episode. Artemis is still boring, Wally behaved like expected, M'gann's hello megan was more annoying this time around since it seemed extremely out of place. I think I'm the only one who still likes Aqualad, he realizes that his position isn't an easy one and it shows. I still want Beast boy to show up and be awesome though.

Nope I like Aqualad the most for his leadership woes as well.

Cwarrior

Ezalc said:

Out of the team I like Aqualad the most I can understand him not thinking his the right choice to be the leader after acting like soilder and sacrificing himself, but I don't like this shit about Robin's "destiny" is to be the leader( wish the writers could up with something better then that bullshit).

Cwarrior said:
Out of the team I like Aqualad the most I can understand him not thinking his the right choice to be the leader after acting like soilder and sacrficeing himself, but I don't like this shit about Robin's "destiny" is to be the leader( wish the writers could up with something better then that bullshit).

Yeah, this doesn't sit right with me either. Particularly in the same episode in which Robin takes all the hard decisions he had to make as de facto leader in the last episode and says "yeah I can't do that again."

I hope one day Aqualad realizes he isn't just the best "substitute," he's the best leader, period.

Slayven

Aqualad is in a fucked position no matter what. The league keeps them on a chain, but doesn't provide any kind of teaching, and if they fuck up they get reamed. But i always hated the notion that a team has to ask another team permission to be a team.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
First ep that Superboy was actually a likeable fellow and not some anger filled idiot.

Error said:
First ep that Superboy was actually a likeable fellow and not some anger filled idiot.

I liked him in the "What If" ep too; frankly I thought he was one of the highlights. His description of his emotions in the closing scenes of that episode fit perfectly with what they showed us. Great writing, very tight.

Parallax said:
I would say go for it, but we would probably be the only two in there
No, I would be in there.

GR is ALWAYS on point lately and is always either close to top or top show in the Friday action night.

Problem is that there's not much to say about it. I just enjoy it and comment on how cool such and such was and move on :p

Cwarrior said:
Out of the team I like Aqualad the most I can understand him not thinking his the right choice to be the leader after acting like soilder and sacrficeing himself, but I don't like this shit about Robin's "destiny" is to be the leader( wish the writers could up with something better then that bullshit).

Yeah, that shit is annoying.

What's a good leader in their world? Someone who is at least WILLING to sacrifice their life for their team or someone "like Batman" as Dick put it? AL is young and has time to learn and grow from this training exercise ... he needs to stop thinking he just CAN'T be the leader and focus on learning how to be one. Hell, didn't we just have an episode about that?

Right now I wish Robin would be bumped off ... if only because they act like he is the "chosen one" which undermines everything AL does as just being a "placeholder" until the REAL leader comes out in Robin.

Also, I think we got a nice lil peek at SB being a leader with his side mission. It seems like he IS getting control over his anger and that he can be a good leader.

And yeah ... AL would have to leave for Static to become a part of the team. 2 Chocolate guys with the "Generic Black Power"? Nope ... that's like having Speedy join in.

Black-Wind said:
No, I would be in there.

GR is ALWAYS on point lately and is always either close to top or top show in the Friday action night.

Problem is that there's not much to say about it. I just enjoy it and comment on how cool such and such was and move on :p
I would be there too. Besides an OT will maybe give it more audience on GAF. It will most definitely get more attention.

Yeah, that shit is annoying.

What's a good leader in their world? Someone who is at least WILLING to sacrifice their life for their team or someone "like Batman" as Dick put it? AL is young and has time to learn and grow from this training exercise ... he needs to stop thinking he just CAN'T be the leader and focus on learning how to be one. Hell, didn't we just have an episode about that?

Right now I wish Robin would be bumped off ... if only because they act like he is the "chosen one" which undermines everything AL does as just being a "placeholder" until the REAL leader comes out in Robin.

Also, I think we got a nice lil peek at SB being a leader with his side mission. It seems like he IS getting control over his anger and that he can be a good leader.

And yeah ... AL would have to leave for Static to become a part of the team. 2 Chocolate guys with the "Generic Black Power"? Nope ... that's like having Speedy join in.
It´s really sad that AL is treated like that. He is the best character in the show. I hope that witch girl join them. AL needs a love interest.

Error said:

The Superboy hate has never made any sense to me. How else do you want an emotionally stunted boy who just came out of a test tube to act?

I'd say they did the right thing in having him slowly gain control over his emotions. Anything else wouldn't be believable to me.

krypt0nian said:
The Superboy hate has never made any sense to me. How else do you want an emotionally stunted boy who just came out of a test tube to act?

I'd say they did the right thing in having him slowly gain control over his emotions. Anything else wouldn't be believable to me.
Especially when Superman is acting like a douche towards him and not acknowledge the existence of Superboy.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
krypt0nian said:

His anger was overblown, lasted episodes... I understand a couple of episodes, but after living day to day with other people you'd think he would ease up a bit. Thankfully it seems he is finally starting to become more laid back and be less prone to let anger get the best of him.

Yeah, if I have a problem with any Super-characterization it would be Superman. He is such a dick in this show. I'd expect him to be a lot more compassionate towards Superboy than he has been...it made sense at first but it's gone on for too long.

I have never had any serious problems with Superboy's characterization, but I agree that he's become a better character over the past couple eps.

Top Bottom