• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

slade

Woah, just watched Episode 25, The Usual Suspects and I have to say, I think this show just moves way too quickly.
So the main contention and all the personal battles the main cast have with themselves about their secrets is suddenly resolved in 5 minutes or so just because they suddenly felt like talking about it.
Couldn't they have had this talk 10 episodes or so ago?
But nevertheless, season finale here I come.

It wasn't that they just felt like talking about it. The secrets just got to the point where they couldn't be covered up anymore. And it still took one person to talk before the rest came clean.

I had far more problems with the rushed cure in the season finale.

botty

Banned
I just recently caught up with this show... what is this
time skip
bs? The characters have barely had time to develop...

Khezu

Wasn't a huge fan of the OG team and there dynamic, so all for the time skip.

Now that tim is in, nothing else matters, just focus on tim and dick, maybe jaimie, not a huge fan of his voice though.

Gartooth

I have been following the show since it premiered, glad to see it finally get good and consistent scheduling. I like the direction of season 2, yeah I miss Kid Flash, but the new cast overall seems a lot more promising than the original team.

Beast Boy pulled my heartstrings this episode during that flashback, I have always been a fan of the character. Ms. Martian must also care about him a lot because I'm guessing him being in danger is why she went all out on that alien at the end.

Does WB stream some shows online?

Honestly, they might be losing some ratings because of early downloaders (who then show it on youtube and what not).... And really, I'm willing to watch a show like Young Justice online with commercials it if it shows the producers that YES, there are people watching, and that they don't have to rush the show :/

Don't really like these cheesy enemy aliens, Adam Strange, or the mini-team on Rann without Robin, KF, and Aqualad. At least the story seems to be moving briskly. GL is taking over as my favorite DC show.

SykoTech

Korra may have sucked today, but Young Justice was good. Beast Boy was great, and I hope we see plenty of him later on. Especially if KF (or is it just Flash now?) isn't gonna be around much anymore.

Mononofu

Damn Queen Bee offed Marie Logan and MM Psimon'd a Krolotean. Hopefully next week we will learn what happened in those 16 hours.

Damn Queen Bee offed Marie Logan and MM Psimon'd a Krolotean. Hopefully next week we will learn what happened in those 16 hours.

I wonder how okay the team is with her mindwiping people. With Psymon she said she had no choice, she basically had this guy as a tk captive and ripped his brains out.

abundant

I wonder how okay the team is with her mindwiping people. With Psymon she said she had no choice, she basically had this guy as a tk captive and ripped his brains out.

Maybe this is why Conor broke up with her. Their views on what is and isn't acceptable to do to villains are different.

Mononofu

Massive spoilers (not necessarily from a reliable source but highly plausible) are out on the interwebs. I'm sure most of you will be pleased if they happen to be true. Won't post them here though.

Mononofu

Posted yesterday? on 4chan

- Superboy explains in episode 2 how things happened (between Megan and him) and the fact that even though he's aging on the inside, he'll always look the same on the outside.

- Turns out that Megan didn't dump Superboy but the other way around. The reason why he dumped her is because, even though she's okay with him not aging at all, she probably likes to kill shit and stuff as it is shown at the end of the second episode when she strangles a krolotean. Superboy knows about her murderous side.

- In episode 3 Aqualad finally shows up with a Barret-kind-of-haircut. He's joined forces with his "dad" and blames Superboy for letting Tula die and Aquaman for hidding from him the fact that he was Black Manta's son. Needless to say he's super-mad now.

- Fucking awesome bonding scenes between Superboy and Superman take place in this episode. Note that Superman refers to Supey as "littler brother" instead of "son".
- Megan may have killed a hundred of kroloteans in an explossion caused by a "krolotean" bomb which, by the way, kroloteans didn't put there. Superman tried to save them but failed.
- Bart will appear as Impulse in episode 5 or 6.

Man that really sucks for SB in the age department. Is SB in the comics like that too? Man he'll look like a 16 year old boy until his clock is punched? Dayum

Spoilers: Hmm yeah we got a problem and that was hinted at and it was sort of swept under the rug.

What part?

When she mind wiped the captain, SB was clearly very umm not happy with what she did. He was all like hey! Then she just said nevermind, blah blah.

This is what it looked like to me. I also find it a little odd Beast Boy stays in chimp(chimp/human I guess?) form by default.

Slayven

When she mind wiped the captain, SB was clearly very umm not happy with what she did. He was all like hey! Then she just said nevermind, blah blah.

This is what it looked like to me. I also find it a little odd Beast Boy stays in chimp(chimp/human I guess?) form by default.

It's his DCnU form.

Mononofu

Yeah SB knows whats up.
I thought it was cool that MM's capacity to use lethal force was foreshadowed all the way back in "Welcome to Happy Harbor" when she crushed the Brom Stikk android.

Yeah SB knows whats up.
I thought it was cool that MM's capacity to use lethal force was foreshadowed all the way back in "Welcome to Happy Harbor" when she crushed the Brom Stikk android.

Man I forgot about that,
and Psymon too, dude became a straight up vegetable.

Khezu

WHOA hold on a second.

You're telling me that
the white martian is a crazy psychopath that eats brains?

Man you're crazy, not in a million years.

So is Wally the Flash or not?

If the spoilers are to be believed,
no as he's impulse which was another codename but not as official as kid flash and apparently in the comics the name was a warning batman gave that character due to his actions. I guess him not being a kid anymore since five years as passed plus hes not the Flash, he would need another name.
Whoops, messed up. With Bart coming along and the time skip wally either did become flash or he bit the dust.

Posted yesterday? on 4chan

- Superboy explains in episode 2 how things happened (between Megan and him) and the fact that even though he's aging on the inside, he'll always look the same on the outside.

- Turns out that Megan didn't dump Superboy but the other way around. The reason why he dumped her is because, even though she's okay with him not aging at all, she probably likes to kill shit and stuff as it is shown at the end of the second episode when she strangles a krolotean. Superboy knows about her murderous side.

- In episode 3 Aqualad finally shows up with a Barret-kind-of-haircut. He's joined forces with his "dad" and blames Superboy for letting Tula die and Aquaman for hidding from him the fact that he was Black Manta's son. Needless to say he's super-mad now.

- Fucking awesome bonding scenes between Superboy and Superman take place in this episode. Note that Superman refers to Supey as "littler brother" instead of "son".
- Megan may have killed a hundred of kroloteans in an explossion caused by a "krolotean" bomb which, by the way, kroloteans didn't put there. Superman tried to save them but failed.

Interesting to hear about Megan and that reference episode was great since she was pretty fucking brutal to that robot.
So the girl that NTR'd him still affects him even now? LOL
but i hope him being super pissed is true and it would go in hand with Episode 4's description.

Plus i now wonder if it was her Nightwing was referring to?

So there's this poster-

YJ_S2.jpg

Wonder Girl, Tim Drake, and Blue Beetle are obvious, but there's also three unknowns. A
young archer who could be the real Roy Harper or maybe Conner Hawke, one I can't make out, and then another that looks like Kid Flash or Impulse ...

Spike

If the spoilers are to be believed,
no as he's impulse which was another codename but not as official as kid flash and apparently in the comics the name was a warning batman gave that character due to his actions. I guess him not being a kid anymore since five years as passed plus hes not the Flash, he would need another name.

Umm, the the spoiler that you quoted says:

And since Dick is now Nightwing, and he and Wally are around the same age, I'm going to guess that Wally actually is the Flash now.

Top Bottom