• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Penguin

disagree. if they had a break and then came back into the time skip it would have felt like there was a missing season. imo

Well there is a "missing" season.

But take Batman The Animated series. That show does a time jump in between that and TNBA, and no one ever really batted an eye because there was such a large period in between airing.

And there are "missing" years which they fill in during the show and some of the tie-in comics.

shira

Well there is a "missing" season.

But take Batman The Animated series. That show does a time jump in between that and TNBA, and no one ever really batted an eye because there was such a large period in between airing.

And there are "missing" years which they fill in during the show and some of the tie-in comics.
The episodes were already made. What were they ton do delay again?

Penguin

The episodes were already made. What were they ton do delay again?

Oh I wasn't saying to delay them.

But if it aired like a normal TV series. Finish season 1.. mini-break then air season 2. I don't think the time skip would have been as odd.

That said, I have no beef with the time skip. And enjoying it.

Jintor

I meant, like, in knowing about it. It would've been an awesome shock.

/edit Man, I really hope this is about the Reach

I really miss the DCAU, but this is quite nice.

//edit
Aqualad wat

Jintor

I always want to end up mixing and matching bits of comic continuity to form, like, the ultimate continuity. Like, I actually really like the retcon to Beast Boy's origin in this universe (because he gets to chill out with Meghann), even though it kind of removes the Doom Patrol from the equation.

Man if they do a time skip where we have Dick as Bats. I hope we get league of shadows/assassins focused eps with Tim as Red Robin. I would hngnghgh something fierce...just saying.

ioddG.gif

ahaha I got a good laugh reading this, life kinda blows for SB right now. I wonder if were going to get any downtime eps looking into their civilian lives like season 1. I really like to know what SB does to maintain a seemingly normal life.

At least his dad doesn't treat him with utter contempt anymore

They're bros

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Season 1 was a giant troll ..especially the episode where everybody died then it turned out to be a test.

One storyline I never got closure from was the episode Red Tornado went missing and evil red bots tried to kill everyone. What was the resolution with all that?

shira

Season 1 was a giant troll ..especially the episode where everybody died then it turned out to be a test.

One storyline I never got closure from was the episode Red Tornado went missing and evil red bots tried to kill everyone. What was the resolution with all that?
Tomorrow was dead and RT decided to make John Smith which would serve as a vassal for the Light's brainwashing plan.

Definitely hope we get downtime because I can enjoy that just as much if not more if done right but I'm hesitant knowing the creators have mentioned it's going to be a tight season and moving fast.

Jintor

I kinda hope Traci 13 is somewhere around. She can chill out with Zatanna and Jaime gets a partner. I kind of doubt it though.

Jintor

Every time I marathon YJ I always get the urge to marathon the DCAU afterwards just to be amazed at it. Because it's amazing.

/edit My god, I forgot Mirror Master's ambush in Flash and Substance actually has a hilarious Disco Theme.

Except he's not. Ms. Martian, Mal Duncan, and Bumblebee are all older. Batgirl is the same age.
MM doesn't really count because she's ages differentially.

This episode was awesome.
He means in terms of respect or seniority. You can tell at a glance that Nightwing is the leader figure
yeah in the first season he was the weakest, youngest and kinda immature in comparison to the others.
as Nightwing the leader he acts more mature and gets more respect.

Why is that a problem?
because of how young he is with the added fact of not being superpowered he didn't get enough moments that make you think "Now thats why he's on the team!"
outside of the motion sensor scene and a few others.
unlike Batman in Justice League.

Gartooth

Awesome episode today, dealt with a lot of questions I had due to the time skip.

Guessing it was Ms. Martian who mind-wiped the captured villains. Also I still miss KF, I hope he gets more screen time somwhere in the season instead of just being written off due to retiring as a superhero.

Awesome episode today, dealt with a lot of questions I had due to the time skip.

Guessing it was Ms. Martian who mind-wiped the captured villains. Also I still miss KF, I hope he gets more screen time somwhere in the season instead of just being written off due to retiring as a superhero.

thought it was Sportsmaster framing her.
hopefully Wally becomes Flash later this season

abundant

Can you link me to that?

Screens from "alienated" are out. I don't have a link atm.

Warning more possible spoilers!

This takes place in episode 4, "Salvage".

Wally and Artemis are still together, and have retired from superhero business. They both live together and they go to College.

*The "disgraced comrade" Nightwing, along with Wally, Barry as Flash, Green Arrow, and Black Canary are trying to save is Clone Roy/Red Arrow, who is still fighting crime, but now lives in near-poverty in a terrible apartment, has crazy hobo beard and looks like Red Hood and the Outlaws Roy a bit, and has been "borrowing" money from the victims he saves (like taking 1,000 from 10,000 after he gets the stolen money back from crooks). Roy defends himself, saying he needs the money to find the real Roy, whom everyone else thinks he's dead. Wally sees Clone Roy as a lost cause because of this.

*When arriving back to his apartment, it is revealed that Roy married Cheshire for a bit, but are now separated, since she is a full-blown criminal. She is also pregnant.

*The B-plot is Superboy and Blue Beetle stopping Intergang members "Ugly" Mannheim and Whisper A'Daire, who are wreaking havoc in high-tech weaponry. They release an alien Golem from the JL's earlier days and the heroes fight them all. The Golem later communicates with them, and reveals he is actually a good guy. A villainous Aqualad, masked and unknown to them, comes by, and flat-out kills the Golem.

*Episode ends with BB and Supes finding Mannheim and A'Daire drooling and mindbroken, with Conner having a good idea of who could have caused this.

Here.

Top Bottom