• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
gotham-high-concept-art-1.jpg

i guess im the only one not feeling this series.

Fucking THIS. Batman Beyond was amazing, that picture looks like shit.
That was from after Batman Beyond guys. it was from between mid Justice League and Brave and the Bold.
Originally I would have taken that over BATB but it got alot better later.

That Bruce looks really similar to The Batman Bruce design.

Oh, another thing - I enjoy DC's breaks more than I do Marvel's.

With Marvel Universe, it's "let's draw this character."

With DC Nation, it's "let's see if a collapsible staff will keep its integrity in battle."

Way cooler.

shira

Oh, another thing - I enjoy DC's breaks more than I do Marvel's.

With Marvel Universe, it's "let's draw this character."

With DC Nation, it's "let's see if a collapsible staff will keep its integrity in battle."

Way cooler.
Well I'm surprised it isn't made of vibranium or something

Jintor

That was from after Batman Beyond guys. it was from between mid Justice League and Brave and the Bold.
Originally I would have taken that over BATB but it got alot better later.

That Bruce looks really similar to The Batman Bruce design.

Hmmm. I guess it's possible that WB pitched two separate Batman in High School series after Timm and Dini revamped their original shitty mandate into the awesome Batman Beyond.

Reverse image searching the image I found a thread where some idiot was saying "THIS LOOKS LIKE THIS COULD'VE DONE WHAT BATMAN BEYOND TRIED TO DO AND FAILED" and I wanted to retroactively punch someone through the internet.

Mononofu

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=14923

Anonymous writes...
Hi, firstly I wanted to say I really love the series and YJ has come back with two great episodes! Misplaced and Coldhearted were wonderful, and I loved how you developed the relationship between Zatanna and Zatarra, as well as getting a more indepth look into Wally. So excited for the rest of the season!
I have one question, I read somewhere that the story taking place in Young Justice would take place over a few days in-universe, is this true? I'm not really sure if this counts as requesting a spoiler (which probably sound stupid), but if so then I apologise.

Greg responds...
If you've been watching the series, you KNOW that the first season took place over a single period of six months, between Independence Day and New Year's Eve.
And as I've already stated here and in the press, the second season ALSO takes place over a coherent six month period: between New Years Day and Independence Day. It's just that five years pass in between the two six month periods.
And I'm warning you now: our plans for Season Three - if we get one - involve another time skip between the last episode of Season Two and the first of Season Three. Though, I'm not going to state how long a time skip. (So don't ask.)

Please no more 5+ year jumps!

Mononofu

It's going to be a 30 year time jump and the subtitle will be "Beyond."

I might be okay with that.....no seriously 1 or 2 years tops. It would be cool to have a direct to dvd movie covering the 5 years between season 1 and 2. If YJ Legacy is at least ultimate alliance good it will be worth wading through for the extra story bits.

I might be okay with that.....no seriously 1 or 2 years tops. It would be cool to have a direct to dvd movie covering the 5 years between season 1 and 2. If YJ Legacy is at least ultimate alliance good it will be worth wading through for the extra story bits.

Damion Wayne/Stephanie Brown Bat Girl now please

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Damian Robin and Tim as Red Robin in the show would be heavenly. If that's what they do, then I'm all for a timeskip.

Otherwise, I don't care. :p

Is batman beyond a Bruce timm character? I don't think they have used any yet

It was original, yes, but it transitioned to comics, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Me? Yeah, I'd love to see them basically do YJ Beyond and basically have it fill in years between BBROTJ and the JLU episodes that featured BB.

shira

It was original, yes, but it transitioned to comics, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Me? Yeah, I'd love to see them basically do YJ Beyond and basically have it fill in years between BBROTJ and the JLU episodes that featured BB.
Hmm Harley Quinn would be nice for the present

Crocodile

My head is still reeling from the 5 year time skip, another one at the end of this season would be 0_0. Regarding recent events, what the fuck at Ms. Martian? The hell is wrong with her? Also NOOOOOOO AQUALADDDDDDDD!

Terry as Batman or dont bother.

Did the JLU Terry being Bruce's son/clone thing carry over to the comics?
That would fit right in on this show.

Also liked Aquagirl from Beyond.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Terry as Batman or dont bother.

Did the JLU Terry being Bruce's son/clone thing carry over to the comics?
That would fit right in on this show.

Also liked Aquagirl from Beyond.

In Batman 700 Terry was in the DC canon, however
this time is mentored by Damian after being rescued by Two-Face-Two

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I actually like the time skip.

Gimme crazy Megan and Militant Aqualad all day.

Finally got around to watching last weeks episode. So good. Soooo good.

And if we get another season and another time skip, I will do crazy things to get Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin. Batman Inc. running around in the YJ world would be phenomenal. If I don't get this now I'm going to cry.

Finally got around to watching last weeks episode. So good. Soooo good.

And if we get another season and another time skip, I will do crazy things to get Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin. Batman Inc. running around in the YJ world would be phenomenal. If I don't get this now I'm going to cry.
I will take Dick as Batman if they give us Cass in any role.

Top Bottom