• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

I'm going to call it right now. Aqualad is on a secret mission isn't really a traitor...

:( I knew he would turn out to be an asshole.

I don't know the comics at all, but I kinda wish this were the case. It seems so out of the blue to have the most cool and collected character pull a Loki. At the very least, I hope we get some flashbacks to provide a little insight.

Kinda OT but is it weird that I think SBFF should become a full show?
Dont know why but I really like those shorts.

Wish the original Teen Titans got a new show also(with the same voice cast) or at least a DTV.

They should make the DC block 2 hours when Batman comes out next year.

Edit: Safe bet that this is an awesome episode...
Minor Screenshot SPOILER http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/youngjustice/guides/reviews/29alienated/12.jpg
I think so!

I would certainly like to see a full fledged SBFF show, however, I think a 30 minute variety show with shorts of varying length would be awesome. Something like the Animaniacs format.

Also after seeing the latest episode as well as hearing about Vergil, I hate how they're completely snubbing DCAU voice actors. I mean, I know it's a new voice director and they want to bring in fresh blood for major characters, but if they can make little DCAU/Timm nods in other ways, surely they can have a little voice reprisal for a line or two. It's such a tease to have Phil Lamarr voice Aquaman and yet not use him for a couple of John Stewart lines. It seems like Kevin Michael Richardson is playing the same gruff tough guy EVERYWHERE (going from Thundercats to GL to YJ)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
sbA9P.png

I am WAY geeking out at this. Why do I get the feeling this will end up being the better Bat-show than Beware the Batman?

Hoping we get more Nightwing/Batgirl in future eps. Also, Tim didn't even speak this ep wtf?

I actually really don't like the timeskip now. So much great character development could have happened on-screen if there was an interim season. I think Weisman jumped the gun thinking the show wouldn't make it to three season, but... man.

Can you imagine Tula's death episode? The ep where Supes and Superboy actually deal with their stuff? The episode where Dick becomes Nightwing? Oh man, the Nightwing ep would have been amazing. Look at what they were able to do with those two short "jealousy" scenes of Dick working out in s1... Would have been incredible. Plus then Tim appearing on the scene... gah.

I'm sure s2 will be awesome but I feel like we got screwed out of some major character development and the show suffers a bit for it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also the character artist for the show updated his dA with Tim's piece:

young_justice__tim_drake_by_phillybee-d4zn6ww.jpg

Dick's, for comparison:

young_justice__robin_by_phillybee-d3zdz80.jpg

The differences between him and Dick's Robin are now more apparent. Dick's is definitely more circus-like while Tim's is more serious. Tim's is also more consistent with his comic version (which Dick shamelessly ripped off): the cap is ridged at the bottom and he has those gauntlet blade things. Also, of course, his staff; Dick used a staff often as Robin but as Nightwing he's just using his akimbo sticks.

How can they do batgirl without yellow gloves?
I don't like the YJ design all that much.
YJBatgirl-01.jpg

weird choices color wise imo.

Like I said about Nightwing's these designs make Batman look really dull in comparison(my personal least favorite cartoon Batman). Need to go more armored or use a better color scheme.

Urgh, needs the yellow gloves to offset the sustained cape-and-belt yellowness.

No! It would be supremely stupid for a martial artist to wear bright yellow gloves. The yellow would draw her opponent's eyes and allow then to more easily track her hand movements, and I'm sure that the last thing she wants.

Jintor

No! It would be supremely stupid for a martial artist to wear bright yellow gloves. The yellow would draw her opponent's eyes and allow then to more easily track her hand movements, and I'm sure that the last thing she wants.

Then why wear the cape and belt?

Jintor

the covered face is what made her!

What really made Cass for me was her economy of speech. It was the biggest change possible for any kind of hero and it forced a lot of artists and writers to try and make her 'act' more since she, as a character, just wouldn't do exposition in narration boxes or even in text. Unfortunately they've since blown that away, though I think since she went Black Bat she's a little better with it. I'm not sure though, I haven't read her in ages.

Anyway, we better get a No Man's Land animated movie or Catastrophy or something. Whatever the Earthquake one was called.

Meh, it'll never happen.

What really made Cass for me was her economy of speech. It was the biggest change possible for any kind of hero and it forced a lot of artists and writers to try and make her 'act' more since she, as a character, just wouldn't do exposition in narration boxes or even in text. Unfortunately they've since blown that away, though I think since she went Black Bat she's a little better with it. I'm not sure though, I haven't read her in ages.

Anyway, we better get a No Man's Land animated movie or Catastrophy or something. Whatever the Earthquake one was called.

Meh, it'll never happen.

Just saw some backgrounds the other day of a cancelled Batman series that looked to feature that very thing.
too bad.

Cwarrior

S02e03

am having a fangasm what an awesome episode

-Aqualad Just got even more boss, going up against his king and bahaha puting superboy to sleep swiftly.
-the batman family all together and looking cool, none of that goofy art.

-I find it strange M Manhunter didn't say anything to megan for mind raping the little alien.

I love the bat family design they need there own show with those designs.

Fan of
Batgirl_III_Uniform_1.jpg
?

I am besides the covered face.

I like YJ design but this by far the best batgirl design I seen, who is that? barbra?

ReiGun

First episode featuring heavy amounts of Aquaman since Aqualad's last focus ep, and he didn't even get to style on 'em. :(

Cwarrior

what would possess someone for a thought like that to even go through there mind, we dodge an rpg, am surprised, it even it as far as someone drawing it.

who's the goth chick and the guy with dreads ment to be?

ReiGun

oh god what would possess someone for a thought like that to even go through there mind, we dodge an rpg, am surprised, it even it as far as someone drawing it.

who's the goth chick ment to be?

That's Catwoman. It says who they are at the very bottom in tiny text.

oh god what would possess someone for a thought like that to even go through there mind, we dodge an rpg, am surprised, it even it as far as someone drawing it.

who's the goth chick and the guy with dreads ment to be?

Meh alot of characters would have to suck but I think it could have offered interesting characterisations of Bruce, Barbara, Harvey, Selina and possibly Ivy at least.

IIRC the season 2 premiere had 1.85 million viewers. We may get that third season yet.
Oh good hopefully the fangirls haven't bailed on it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Did Zatanna and Dick ever get together? Do we know?

For some reason I think Dick and Babs are together now.

Did Zatanna and Dick ever get together? Do we know?

For some reason I think Dick and Babs are together now.
Kissed on New Years is it. so far.

I also think so. Batgirls bio thing said he is her oldest pal, she was also jealous of him talking with Artemis. He still needs to be interested in Zatanna but also have Starfire join the team...

image1.jpg

Not sure if want.

I would give them my money so fast, I was ready to give it to them after just seeing the boxart. Any update on the GL:TAS toyline?
not real sure I think their only focus till 2013 is TDKR and other than the Movie Masters they aren't looking too hot.
I heard in some Q&A they won't be making animated figures for a long while.

Top Bottom