• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Slayven

D:

I never would have expected Kid Flash to retire! It goes against his whole showing off character!

But hot damn! That episode.

Well to be fair Wally was a goof off until Barry died, then he kinda of grew up. He didn't get fully mature until he got married.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Scarab could have been invented by Ted Kord based on alien technology. Boom there's your cake and you can eat it too.

No, it's fully alien.

Ted had it in his possession, but didn't invent it. Remember, they just THINK it was invented by Ted Kord. Presumably they found it after his death and didn't know

The alien reaction to seeing Blue Beetle in armor basically confirms they're using the
Reach Infiltrator
story line.

Which was fucking awesome, so I'm down.

Jade married Red Arrow? And they have a baby? Artemis and KF quite JL and are living together? I really want to know what the hell went down those 5 years. Just quick run down would do it.

Slayven

arsenal2.jpg

Am I the only person that thought the short was horrible?

Nope, my sister and I both hated it and we agreed it wasn't worth saving a backup for.

Anyway, GREAT episode. After a ho-hum Avengers and USM, it really makes me sad that we'll probably never see anything of YJ's and GL:TAS quality for at least a good long while.

Happy to see Artemis alive and well. Also is it just me or did that twist at the end feel like a soap opera cliche? Not a bad thing per say, but piling those two big bombshells together was just ummm wow.

Sorry for asking in this thread, I just didn't want to create a new thread for this question.

But if I were to start watching just ONE animated superhero show currently airing right now which one should I choose?

I'm aware of an Ultimate Spiderman, Green Lantern: TAS, Young Justice, The Avengers etc.

I'm interested in Green Lantern due to Bruce Timm's involvement but if any of the other mentioned programs are better then...yeah I'd just watch that. Currently this is Highlander, there can only be one for me.

Brickhunt

Sorry for asking in this thread, I just didn't want to create a new thread for this question.

But if I were to start watching just ONE animated superhero show currently airing right now which one should I choose?

I'm aware of an Ultimate Spiderman, Green Lantern: TAS, Young Justice, The Avengers etc.

I'm interested in Green Lantern due to Bruce Timm's involvement but if any of the other mentioned programs are better then...yeah I'd just watch that. Currently this is Highlander, there can only be one for me.
I know the one that you shouldn't watch, Ultimate Spider-Man.

The others are hard choices, I consider all of them very good shows. But I think I would pick the Avengers: EMS. The art syle may not suit everyone, but it's writing is very top notch and consistent.

1. YJ for a wider scope and the story,cameos.
2. Green Lantern for fun and some nice CG( also very B/STAS style)
3. Avengers(crap art, terrible characterisations besides Iron Man, cancelled)
and Spiderman is just ok fun(+Tsundere Tiger.)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I hope we get a season 3, this show is too good. best animated show on tv right now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This show is the Legend of Korra of superhero series. And I mean that in every way possible.

WB, if you wanna put that quote on your YJ DVDs I wouldn't mind. ;)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
This show is the Legend of Korra of superhero series. And I mean that in every way possible.

WB, if you wanna put that quote on your YJ DVDs I wouldn't mind. ;)

thats a horrible quote andrex. go sit in the corner

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wally and Artemis are two of my favorite characters, they fucked them up by pairing them together in conjunction with a timeskip. Also Korra's animation really is amazing. I'm not hating on YJ.

Wally and Artemis are two of my favorite characters, they fucked them up by pairing them together in conjunction with a timeskip. Also Korra's animation really is amazing. I'm not hating on YJ.

how could you pass judgement so quick after seeing them together for two minutes in one episode? get outta here with that.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tron Uprising.

that was only 1 episode, which admittedly it was pretty great.

when I say animated, I mean as a cartoon show not the level of animation itself.

tron uprising
legend of korra
young justice
green lantern: the animated series

that's 4 legitimate good shows, cartoons>anime nowadays (even if gl:tas is cg)

Cwarrior

Despite being ugly avengers earths mightiest heroes is better then young justice and legend of korra imo.

Young justice art <3 looks so sleek

Slayven

If they have a third season I hope they distance themselves from the league more. Seems like they are just the League's day labors. They should be building up their own rogue's gallery. DC you got the rights to DV8, they would be a perfect matchup to YJ.

Top Bottom