• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Penguin

It doesn't appear to be AL.. I mean.. it didn't appear to be his costume or anything, but could be wrong.

Also they seem to be moving faster than season 1 since they are already mid-way through Feb

Khezu

It was a weird sounding dude that called humans fleshys or meaties or something I wasn't paying attention, he had a sonic blaster similar to Beetle, and uses the same staple gun thing blue beetle did to subdue red and ugly.

Avixph

It doesn't appear to be AL.. I mean.. it didn't appear to be his costume or anything, but could be wrong.

Also they seem to be moving faster than season 1 since they are already mid-way through Feb
This secret person could be the same person that placed the bomb.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
SNAPPER CARR BITCHES! I really hope empress, arrowette, and slo-bo appear now. Interesting new story with the beetle.

Parallax

My 5 y/o: "WOAH. That was the CRAZIEST episode I have ever seen."

We had to pause the show so she could run across the house and tell Mommy about Roy and Cheshire.

Awesome episode. Great writing.

lets hope this doenst go down the comic path with lian.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just got done watching today's episode, hot damn that's some good stuff. Finally, a more adult themed superhero cartoon on regular TV. And good god Artemis, Wally is one lucky dude.

Did they show Vibe one today? If so your crazy brah, Vibe is an amazing character. The Wallace and Grommit ones are fucking terrible it induces feelings of terror in me like only Howard the Duck could.
Meh it was really dull to me.
I loved last weeks, MAD Titanic, all the SBFF and the Teen Titan ones.

Even as big of a Batman fan I am, I would gladly sacrifice a new Batman series for them to do a League focused spinoff with the same continuity, style and mood.
Though that might be asking too much from all involved.
Maybe make some of the Justice League DTVs from this point on be of YJ continuity.
They should really take this opportunity to create DCAU2 for the next generation of fans.

I watched a few episodes, one of which happened to have three fucking bow and arrow users in it. I mean, seriously. I'm a DC fanboy. But for fucks sake. The stupidest character concept all up in my eyeballs.

Parallax

I watched a few episodes, one of which happened to have three fucking bow and arrow users in it. I mean, seriously. I'm a DC fanboy. But for fucks sake. The stupidest character concept all up in my eyeballs.

Bow users are stupid concepts?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Maybe comic books are not really your thing.

SykoTech

I hope Wally and Artemis get some action later this season. Aside from Aqualad, those two were my favorites of the original team. Kinda sad that both of them are reitred.

Just saw the ep and

Artemis and Wally :O

God damn Roy has seen better days :O

I think the last scene will be the kick in the balls he needs but i have a feeling he might have to get rid of original speedy and he might not do it now.

lets hope this doesn't go down the comic path with lian.

Indeed.

Damn Red, you got baby momma drama, you look like garbage, you have don't have much of a home, and you got issues. Statistic. The Aqualad comment that was made though "cold blooded"

Hmm I found the conversation with SB and Blue to be cool. I thought it was just a running gag with everyone thinking he's nuts but no one really knew he speaks to the scarab. So him opening up to SB shows them bonding and stuff. I like how they did mention Ted, that was cool.

just watched that episode, it was pretty awesome!

and as for the short... i only saw the very end of part 1 and all of part 2 because i don't watch GL and the DVR only barely clipped the end of part 1 at the start, but it looked really retro 70's/80's and i though that alone was awesome.

Parallax

Damn Red, you got baby momma drama, you look like garbage, you have don't have much of a home, and you got issues. Statistic. The Aqualad comment that was made though "cold blooded"

i didnt even think about that. damn. does that mean clone roy gets an honorary ghetto pass?

There is no way they could do that

Exactly. The clone arc allows them to hit the same story beats (addiction, stealing money to fund his habit, self-destructive behavior, an intervention) without getting into objectionable content. Pretty brilliant, actually.

im hoping the scarab being manufactured is just misinformation. it would be nice if the reach were new villains.

Ted probably hacked into it, broke the controls freeing it from its mission, and the League assumed he built it.

Jintor

tumblr_m4aw858uyS1qcn45ro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m4aw858uyS1qcn45ro2_r1_1280.png

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Its pretty obvious that it is, what with what the crolatains said in the previous episode.

I'm surprised it took people so long to notice the other shadowy person with sportsmaster was
Black Beetle
they even showed his gun.

the Scarab is feeding Jaime misinformation?

I think I like Young Justice because it's basically using storylines from the 80s and 90s(the comics I grew up with) while most people like to reject that era, these guys are fully embracing it, love it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

I think I like Young Justice because it's basically using storylines from the 80s and 90s(the comics I grew up with) while most people like to reject that era, these guys are fully embracing it, love it.

If this was based off the 90s, it'd be extreme and have shitty art.

Parallax

I think he means teds involvement in its creation is misinformation.

Most of the stories are rather original. It shares little with its namesake sadly, but enjoyable all the same.

The Search for Speedy seems like it's a PG stand in for Roy's heroin addiction.

As stated above that is brilliant, also now add addict to my list. Really hoping he cleans up his act and whoops ass like season 1.

Guardian spoiler,
I'm pretty sure there was an ep where the genomorph dude called him brother before like SB. So that was a foreshadowing and I didn't piece it together until this ep.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Rewatching the Justice League, I'm disappointed that the Ultra Humanite didnt get any lines in Young Justice. Such a fun villain.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No one is concerned about
Guardian being a clone
? :p

Then again in the comics
Guardian's clone IS Guardian - it's the same mind into a different body

Top Bottom