• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Need Tim Drake, Nightwing, Beast Boy, and Impulse.

Although actually, I don't buy action figures, so nevermind.

Although, I've been looking for the one "perfect" Batman universe statue to display like Jerry displayed Superman on Seinfeld. If anyone knows a good New 52 Batman statue, link me up.

Loxley

I'm watching Season 1 right now and am at episode 6, and I have a quick question. Was it their goal to make Speedy/Red Arrow the single biggest fucking unlikable asshole in the history of the DCAU? Nearly every line of dialogue that comes out of his mouth makes me wish Robin would give him a swift kick to the nuts. He's so dickish and whiny that I groan whenever he shows up.

Does he eventually switch to non-douchebag mode at all?

I'm watching Season 1 right now and am at episode 6, and I have a quick question. Was it there goal to make Speedy/Red Arrow the single biggest fucking unlikable asshole in the history of the DCAU? Nearly every line of dialogue that comes out of his mouth makes me wish Robin would give him a swift kick to the nuts. He's so dickish and whiny that I groan whenever he shows up.

Get used to not liking him much.

Gartooth

I'm watching Season 1 right now and am at episode 6, and I have a quick question. Was it there goal to make Speedy/Red Arrow the single biggest fucking unlikable asshole in the history of the DCAU? Nearly every line of dialogue that comes out of his mouth makes me wish Robin would give him a swift kick to the nuts. He's so dickish and whiny that I groan whenever he shows up.

Just wait until you see Lagoon Boy

You know what would make this show even more awesome.

The Question.

God yes

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

He becomes a (basically) a drug-addict deadbeat dad in s2, but all that changes is he goes from being an very unlikable jerk to an somewhat-unlikable emo.

Ezalc

I'm watching Season 1 right now and am at episode 6, and I have a quick question. Was it their goal to make Speedy/Red Arrow the single biggest fucking unlikable asshole in the history of the DCAU? Nearly every line of dialogue that comes out of his mouth makes me wish Robin would give him a swift kick to the nuts. He's so dickish and whiny that I groan whenever he shows up.

Just like another poster said, Red Arrow is nothing compared to Lagoon Boy.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
What is so bad about Lagoon Boy? There was nothing off putting about him, he just has personality unlike Superboy, Artemis, some other bums.

On the show, he's an annoying asshole who likes to throw that he's with mm in superboys face. Something a major douche would do. Doesn't really help that he's overcompensating for something.

On the show, he's an annoying asshole who likes to throw that he's with mm in superboys face. Something a major douche would do. Doesn't really help that he's overcompensating for something.

Pretty much.

Acts like a douche and brings nothing to the team (he's lucky Aqualad is seen as the enemy now)

Hope they murder his ass when the season returns

Lagoon boy feels like he was added just to make Superboy more relatable/likeable, sort of like what Catelyn Stark does for everyone else in Game of Thrones.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lagoon Boy's "WHOO WE DA BEST!! SUCK IT" attitude is grating for me, personally. Don't really care or notice his rubbing Superboy's face in his relationship or whatever.

Any idea when the show resumes airing?

September! Along with Green Lantern TAS.

I want Nightwing.
Won't get one probably. they made those because they were what the fans were really complaining about not getting with the toy cancelation, just to complete the team.
3053978948_2e43046a86.jpg

sadly this and the Arkham figure are the best we will get from mattel.

Ezalc

This. I don't care about the relationship stuff, but he's really annoying since he always complains that he's not valued or some shit and proceeds to explain why he's awesome. Also Neptune's Beard! is starting to be irritating.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Oh man, wait until you see Lagoon Boy.

Penguin

So I've been in a mood... since DC actually makes it near impossible to watch any of their shows online legally.

So one of the producers of GL told me available on the Cartoon Network app.. download it... and seems like only up during a show's run

DC really needs to work on their streaming

So I've been in a mood... since DC actually makes it near impossible to watch any of their shows online legally.

So one of the producers of GL told me available on the Cartoon Network app.. download it... and seems like only up during a show's run

DC really needs to work on their streaming

All of the episodes are on Amazon VOD.

I can't believe these brahs are forcing me to buy Superboy and Miss Martian to get to the good stuff. A season 2 exclusive character better be in the second batch if we get one.

People are just mad cause there are KoGann shippers here.

It's like Avatar all over again!

Huh no.

if that actually played a part in my hatred he would have been seen as even more sad and pathetic. LOL

it literally the first 3D cartoon i ever actually liked

i recommendz

Looked stupid at first imo, gave it a shot a while back and loved it.
Especially the characters and art in the later episodes.

Hmmm.

This gives me hope of actually wanting to watch it sooner but i'm not really much of a fan of Green Lantern though.

Cwarrior

Lagoon boy feels like he was added just to make Superboy more relatable/likeable, sort of like what Catelyn Stark does for everyone else in Game of Thrones.

Lagoon boy is pretty much super boy, just super boy season 1, his taking the spot of the angry hard headed rash one that rushes in against orders sometimes and with a catch phrase like "I hate monkeys" for sb now to"Neptune's beard" for lagoonboy.

Both fight exactly the same with the whole hulk bash and hulk smash super strength fit of rage fighting style.

It does make sense that magann would hook up with someone just like her exboyfriend superboy.

Parallax

Lagoon boy is pretty much super boy, just super boy season 1, his taking the spot of the angry hard headed rash one that rushes in against orders sometimes and with a catch phrase like "I hate monkeys" for sb now to"Neptune's beard" for lagoonboy.

It does make since that magann would hook up with someone just like her exboyfriend superboy.

Super boy was pure unfiltered angst, while lagoon boy is a fake alpha male strutting around superboy and mgann.

Poyunch

Well SB wasn't rubbing Wally's face in once he found out SB and Megan were dating. Unlike Lagoon Boy...

But I really don't care. Lagoon Boy was always kind of lame. Makes sense they'd chose him to be the asshole character since they needed someone to throw under the bus and Lagoon Boy just can't compete with Kal.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just don't like Lagoon Boy. At all.

Take his "water boy" complain in the last episode. He complains that he being treated as "the water guy". But that's exactly what he is! He's the only one beside Miss Martian that can breathe underwater without any tech help and he's most likely the best swimmer, thus making him the best choice for underwater patrol.

His "complain" is completely unjustified.

That and rubbing it in Superboy's face that he is with Megann now. That was just straight douchebaggery.

Parallax

But I really don't care. Lagoon Boy was always kind of lame. Makes sense they'd chose him to be the asshole character since they needed someone to throw under the bus and Lagoon Boy just can't compete with Kal.

I liked lagoon boy in the comics. He was a fun character, compared to the hot mess from the series.

While not YJ related i watched all of Green Lantern: TAS recently

Wasn't bad at all and my fav characters: Razer, Aya, Hal, Walker, Kilowog, Carol also had great a showing in a certian ep.

Top Bottom