• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Top 10 Games of 2024: The halftime 6 month check-in

CashPrizes

1. Unicorn Overlord
2. Persona 3 Reload
3. Hell Divers 2
4. Hades 2
5. FFVII Rebirth
6. Vampire Survivors: Operation Guns
7. Balatro
8. That Prince of Persia I am waiting for to go on sale
9. That other Prince of Persia I am waiting for to go on sale
10. People seem to like V Rising and it looks right up my alley

Haven't played Stellar Blade yet, looks real good but I definitely bounce off character action games more often than not. I played an hour of Hellblade 2 and was just really annoyed.
High hopes for Zenless Zone Zero + The Last Descendant in the next 2 days.
Warhammer: Space Marine 2 is almost certainly going to be in my top 5 unless they really shit the bed. Metaphor Refantazio could be amazing.
Diablo IV expansion could be pretty good, probably not going to be in top 10 unless they really mix it up. Same with the WOW expansion.

High hopes for Star Wars Outlaws, seems like all the press that played it really liked it. It is the team behind The Division 2 which I legit really enjoyed, probably my favorite Ubisoft game since Farcry 3 and 4. I have always wanted a cinematic action/adventure Star Wars game in the Uncharted style, still have dreams about 1313.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Only played 3 games this year:

- Predecessor
- FFVII Rebirth
- Helldivers 2

I'm content so far. Eagerly waiting to be able to play FFXIV Dawntrail this week, but running into some issues with my account atm. 😭

Last edited:
Most of mine are backlog. I know most people are posting games released in 2924, but to keep the budget lower, I usually do backlog or gamepass. In no particular order:

Trepang2 (decent FEAR clone)
Bright Memory: Infinite Platinum Edition (short, but fun game)
Stardew Valley (w/all newest updates)
Diablo 4 (I started in Season 4, after a ton of patches)
Alan Wake 2
Battlefield 2042 (eventually became a good game)
Marsupilami Hoobadventure
Resident Evil 4
Elden Ring (just pvp and grinding at this point…will get dlc soon).
You Suck at Parking.
Pizza Possum
Vampire Survivirs
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
High on Life
Lies of P
The Last Case of Benedict Fox: Complete Edition (good, but got tired of it 1/2 way through and quit)

Those are the games that I have probably played the most so far this year. Some are solo experiences, some with buddies, and a few that I take turns with when my wife wants to play.

Side note: I’m also still playing Skyrim. I beat Mass Effect: Andromeda late last year, and Gears of War 5 has a great Horde mode. I’ve been meaning to fire up the PS5 and play Unxharted 4 soon.

Top Bottom