• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys 7 - US Release August 17th - $29.99 retail and PSN |OT|

Bebpo

Banned
pre-ordered the normal version the other day.

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee modern Ys. The combat is so good in Oath/Origins and so I'm super excited to play this.

Salaadin

Macstorm said:
Email XSEED, they offered to try to help someone from my site who was having the same problem.

Ill give that a shot though Im not sure what they can do. Thanks though.

Princess Skittles said:
God, I so hope this is true.

Me too. They need lots and lots of sales.

Salaadin said:
Anyone elses amazon order showing an estimated delivery of September 2nd? Mine does so I emailed them about it and they said that theres a lot of Ys seven orders to fill so that might be why mine was pushed back. At the latest, I can expect it by September 2nd.

Ive had this reserved since June 14th.......Did I just get a goofy amazon rep?

Mine is saying August 20th and I ordered it a few hours ago. I think something might be wrong with your order.

but I am pretty impatient and might just go ahead and get it from Gamestop on the 17th or 18th :lol

Salaadin

Linkzg said:
Mine is saying August 20th and I ordered it a few hours ago. I think something might be wrong with your order.

but I am pretty impatient and might just go ahead and get it from Gamestop on the 17th or 18th :lol

Time to email amazon again. Thanks.

Aeana

Bebpo said:
pre-ordered the normal version the other day.

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee modern Ys. The combat is so good in Oath/Origins and so I'm super excited to play this.
I'm surprised you didn't play it in Japanese.

Bebpo

Banned
Aeana said:
I'm surprised you didn't play it in Japanese.

I tend to forget about games when they're on portables unless they're high profile releases like SE stuff. They just kind of get lost in the shuffle and then months/years later I read something about them and remember I never played them and then I remedy that problem.

Bebpo said:
I tend to forget about games when they're on portables unless they're high profile releases like SE stuff. They just kind of get lost in the shuffle and then months/years later I read something about them and remember I never played them and then I remedy that problem.

This is true. Just last night I was looking to see when some future PSP games were coming out (like Gladiator Begins) and remembered that there was a Shadow of Destiny port being released for the PSP. I checked Amazon and saw it was released in January :lol

Grimmy

Banned
Linkzg said:
This is true. Just last night I was looking to see when some future PSP games were coming out (like Gladiator Begins) and remembered that there was a Shadow of Destiny port being released for the PSP. I checked Amazon and saw it was released in January :lol

My earlier thread about PSP RPGs have all the known release dates all in one place :)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well done Aeana! This game will probably force me to set DQIX aside. I hope at least to be into the post-game by then. Can't WAIT!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hell yeah! Very pumped for Ys 7 :D

Rocking out in Darm Tower in Ys I at the moment. Wooo

anddo0

PSN version for me.. Another f'n time sink (damn you P3P). I read it will take 30-40 hours. I'll probably beat it in 60.:lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
...why would you guys get the PSN version when there's an awesome special edition? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
thetrin said:
...why would you guys get the PSN version when there's an awesome special edition? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Because some people trusted Sony with the PSPgo.

Bebpo

Banned
thetrin said:

I would have gone for the SE, but I don't have room for anymore big boxes unless they are really crazy awesome SEs with like your own ridable motorcycle or something.

thetrin said:

Because UMDs are one of the worst things that ever happened to portable gaming perhaps, that and its PSN exclusive in EU.

anddo0

thetrin said:

<<<--PSPGo owner

It sucks missing out on some pre-order goodies. But I wouldn't trade my Go for anything.

Grimmy

Banned
thetrin said:

I'm only getting the regular edition - stuff like maps, soundtrack etc are nice, but I'm not really a collector type. I just want the game!

Euro PSP Go owner here, I don't have much choice :lol But I don't like UMD though, my old CFW PSP spoiled me, having all the games directly in the memory is 10 times more convenient. I won't buy UMD games, just for the sake of having a physical copy and use a digital copy. It sucks that you can't resell digital stuff though :/ Also, I don't give a shit about the bonus stuff.

CAVE343

Thank you for the OP, nice work.
Day one PSN for me, (proud) PSP Go owner here :)

Hope I can get the soundtrack somewhere included with the collector's edition. The music on the site sounds great!

LowParry

FML. So I won't get to play this Day 1 cause I'm going to get the Kingdom Hearts bundle next month (I don't like the piano black color) but I'm still going to get it so I can just sit and look at it with teary eyes.

Jigsaw said:
then just make a backup of the umd it run it off the memory stick?

um...import?

Not every PSP can run custom firmware and why pay twice the price for the game and wait longer just to get a mass produced cloth map? I'll pass, thanks.

thetrin

brain_stew said:
that and its PSN exclusive in EU.

That suuuuucks. :\

brain_stew said:
Not every PSP can run custom firmware and why pay twice the price for the game and wait longer just to get a mass produced cloth map? I'll pass, thanks.

That I totally understand. I'm getting the Collector's Edition for $30, so my perspective is different.

eXcalibur

Neo Member
Vey nice OP, great work! Being a fan of retrogaming, the information of the past games is always welcome in my book :)

That LE is confirmed to be US- only? :( I have a crush on pre-order artbooks, and this one will be hard to pass on.

thetrin

Volcynika said:
Probably something like Amazon credit or something. :p

Exactly! $20 Amazon credit. ;D

Jigsaw

Banned
duckroll said:
Why pay more for the game when you don't have to.

not sure if serious?you dont know the prices for euro psn,do you?new psp releases cost between 30-40&#8364; (40-55$!),i just checked,dantes inferno psp is still 39,95&#8364;,gta chinatown wars 34,95&#8364; :lol peace walker is also 39,95&#8364;,that's more than i paid for the euro umd version

if i import the normal version from canada for 35$ it costs me 25&#8364;

matmanx1

Went ahead and Pre-ordered the LE yesterday. It was the soundtrack that tipped me over for the LE upgrade and I'm pretty excited to hear the contents of it. I have high hopes for this one as action rpg is my absolute favorite genre and the gameplay vids look great.

thetrin

Installing Oath in Felghana on my PC for shits and giggles. Weeee.

Aeana said:
It's an actual RPG with very, very fast-paced combat. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what to compare it to. Here's some gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBjFxZqjhGc
Ewww....please tell me you can turn the sound effects volume down, sucks not being able to hear the music over annoying combat yells and slashes.

Anyways, I've got the LE preordered *and* I'm buying it on the PSN...because I've got a PSPGo, but really wanted the map and soundtrack (and really, Ys is my favorite game series, gotta support the games being brought to the US as much as possible).

thetrin

While Ys I & II Complete seems to install fine on my Vista machine, it looks like YsF doesn't run at all. Guess I'm going to have to find the power brick for my XP laptop and try that.

Meanwhile, I'm playing the PC Engine Ys I & II and eagerly awaiting Ys7. :D

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
thetrin said:
While Ys I & II Complete seems to install fine on my Vista machine, it looks like YsF doesn't run at all. Guess I'm going to have to find the power brick for my XP laptop and try that.
There are patches or something on Falcom's site for installing on Windows 7, I think it involved the "userdata" folder if I recall.

But I have my full Falcom catalog except for Zwei on my Windows 7 PC.

Aeana

thetrin said:

Meanwhile, I'm playing the PC Engine Ys I & II and eagerly awaiting Ys7. :D
Oath in Felghana requires a Japanese locale in order to start, unless you use the English patch which removes that requirement. I've never used Vista so I have no idea how to make that happen there, but for XP there's a program called AppLocale that will let you do it. Alternately, you can go to the region settings and set the language for non-Unicode programs to Japanese (this may work in Vista).

Top Bottom