• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys 7 - US Release August 17th - $29.99 retail and PSN |OT|

Easystride said:
I just randomly got a $5 credit from Amazon for browsing their magazine selection in the past (<3 Amazon), so I think I may order this game. Unfortunately, the estimated arrival is Friday, August 20th. Anyways, this will be my first Ys game; I hope I end up enjoying the series.

Amazon normally send things out sooner than their estimates. So you'll probably get it by Thursday at the latest. Amazon is the best damn site ever.

Aru

Easystride said:
I just randomly got a credit from Amazon for browsing their magazine selection in the past (<3 Amazon), so I think I may order this game. Unfortunately, the estimated arrival is Friday, August 20th. Anyways, this will be my first Ys game; I hope I end up enjoying the series.

I played a bit of Ys VI on PS2, but this will be my real first Ys game too :D

Aeana

Well, the video isn't sped up at all. It's very fast. That's one of the most desirable things about the Ys series, after all!

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is it really that fast? It's like the game is on speed. I'm still debating whether to get the LE or not.
Actually, it looks like it normally *isn't* that fast - the guy there is intentionally diving everywhere to zoom around quickly. If you just ran around I'm sure it'd feel about right.

Oyashiro

I bought a PSP last week for P3P, Project Diva 2, BBS, and this. I saw the walkthrough trailer thing at GameTrailers and it looks really fun. It's gonna be my first Ys game, and I can't wait!

Teknoman

Vamphuntr said:
Holy hell. This is out on tuesday ?!?!?!? I've really been absorbed in CV HoD too much. Will try to get the PSN version.

Heh Ys 1 & II made me take a break from it...having VII portable isnt going to help :lol

Dreamwriter said:
Actually, it looks like it normally *isn't* that fast - the guy there is intentionally diving everywhere to zoom around quickly. If you just ran around I'm sure it'd feel about right.

Personally, I never like any video showing off a game with people diving and rolling all over without it being necessary. Kinda makes things look odd when you're showing off a game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'll commit to 3 if you purchase 2.
That'll guarantee it! :)

Standard editions and PSN releases are fine.

Placed my order today, importing from Estarland (good service and cheaper than VG+.ca).
Would have bought the LE version if the artbook didn't consist of only "finished pieces". I want to see sketches & concept art used for game development.

alexel

Hey, I'm still a bit new to the whole PSP/PSN thing so I was wondering if you guys could give me a quick clarification. Can I play this game on my PS3 even though I don't own a PSP or does the PSN thing just mean I can dl from PSN but still need a PSP to play it on? Thanks.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
My Amazon LE order is now flagged as "processing, can't change shit". Scheduled for the 20th though with Prime 2-day :(

Oh well, I can wait. *bites knuckle*

Mejilan

klee123 said:
I'll be doing my part. I've preordered the LE retail version and I'll be getting it on PSN as well.
Just the LE for me. I'll format shift it to digital on my lonesome. :)

Peff

Ordered. I can't believe I didn't know about the release date until today :lol Really looking forward to it.

Edgeward

No release day shipping didn't bother me till now. =( I want this game so bad, and it's not like I don't have a number of games to play while I wait. But none of them are Ys.

Salaadin

RavenFox said:
This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.

Me too!!

But I ordered 1 day shipping and they have the estimate at the 19th. Dont fail me amazon!

Enk

makes good threads.
Despite my CFW not being able to play it I couldn't resist the call of Ys 7. I went and fully paid for the Limited Edition today. That cloth map, art book, and soundtrack were too tempting to pass up. Now I just have to upgrade my system without killing it.

neoism

AgentOtaku said:
XSEED 5 Minute Walkthrough

Didn't know you could save anywhere! ...outside of Bossbattles of course

Sorry if old
Ok that vid pretty much seals it. This is my next PSP game... I've been playing Star Ocean 2 for the 3rd time lol and loving it. Which version should I get guys.... o and what time will it be up on the store if I get the DD version!???

Also this will be my first Ys game ever.. :D

neoism

Edgeward said:
It'll be up on PSN when it updates regularly so between 3-6 pm PST on tuesday.
damn.. I get off tomorrow too.. :( why can this stuff update on 12M on the day..
Does anyone know how big the download will be on PSN?

Mejilan

Salaadin said:
Me too!!

But I ordered 1 day shipping and they have the estimate at the 19th. Dont fail me amazon!
I'm in exactly the same boat.
Shipping soon, 1 day shipping, delivery estimate of 8/19.
Only difference is that I changed from 2 day shipping an hour or so ago. Lucky!

Here's hoping it arrives tomorrow, though.

Retishi

XSEED Sales
neoism said:
Does anyone know how big the download will be on PSN?
Tom at XSEED said it will likely be in the 700-800MB range when answering user feedback on the PlayStation Blog the other week.

Macstorm

Diseased Yak said:
Great review! I actually posted the impression link because the twitter link saying the review was up didn't link to it for some reason ;)
Yeah, my devs are too lazy to fix the way the links work in our RSS feed, so we have to add to review to the gamepage by hand. Welcome to the '90s!

Pre-ordered the LE today. Free shipping too. :)

Won't be playing for awhile though, my ancient PSP-1000 is totally messed (where are you 4000?) and I have a bunch of other Ys games to play beforehand.

Teknoman

_dementia said:
LE looks awesome. Will buy if it's Koshiro.

Yuzo is cool, but Ys soundtracks are no slouch even after the first two. Innocent Primeval Breaker from VII is awesome. Not trying to spoil the entire OST before I play the game...but its tempting.

EDIT: Btw trailer #2 (Seven wonders of Ys VII) is up.

Mejilan

Amazon has shipped my LE!
Edit - And the estimated arrival date has been revised to 8/17 instead of 8/19!

Ahhhh! Rpg overload! I need to get this, but I've got so many rpg's in my backlog including the recently purchased Devil Survivor, Infinite Space, DQ IV,V,IX, and a boat load more.

But crap, who am I kidding, gotta get this game too.

Salaadin

Amazon, why must you fuck with my head?

Last week, they had my delivery date at 9/2. After some emails, that got worked out and they told me Id get it 8/18.
Yesterday, I get an email saying Im going to get it 8/19. I was sad but it was still this week so I would deal.
Today, they email me and say that Ill have it tomorrow.

Its like they lie to me only so they can be good to me and make me love them even more.

Volcynika

Salaadin said:
Amazon, why must you fuck with my head?

Last week, they had my delivery date at 9/2. After some emails, that got worked out and they told me Id get it 7/18.
Yesterday, I get an email saying Im going to get it 7/19. I was sad but it was still this week so I would deal.
Today, they email me and say that Ill have it tomorrow.

Its like they lie to me only so they can be good to me and make me love them even more.

Hey, you can't get it a month early!

I'm not gonna even look at when Amazon will send it. I'm expecting it on the 20th and if I come home to a box from Amazon, I'll be extra happy.

Salaadin

Linkzg said:
I'm not gonna even look at when Amazon will send it. I'm expecting it on the 20th and if I come home to a box from Amazon, I'll be extra happy.

But what if they delayed it? You better go check to make sure. You never know......

Top Bottom