• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Kokonoe

Banned
I ask myself "Why do I play Decade Duels?" constantly. It's like I love torturing myself with this outdated banlist and terrible means of obtaining new cards!

Wichu

Does YGO or DevPro work on Windows 8 now?

Yeah, I've been running YGOPro perfectly fine on W8.

I was browsing through cards and I ran into this awful card. Holy crap.

4oxX3V7.jpg

Back when the game started, they were really afraid of making level 4 monsters with more than 1900 attack for some reason, so they were all terribly nerfed. Dark Elf and Zombyra the Dark were awesome, though. I have them both in my Worldwide Edition deck.

Oh, and I had a hilarious YGOPro duel on Thursday. I was using my Nordic deck against a Cyber Dragon deck; I think I was on 8600LP and no cards in hand with a 1600ATK Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts out, and my opponent was at 5800. He swarms the field and Xyzes Wind-up Arsenal Zenmaioh to try and destroy my set traps, so in response I use Gleipnir, Fetters of Fenrir to search out Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts.

He then uses Cybernetic Fusion Support leaving him at 2900LP, and Power Bonds in a 8000ATK Cyber End Dragon. Zenmaioh attacks and destroys Guldfaxe, allowing me to summon Tanngnjostr in defense position and leaving me with 7600LP; Cyber End Dragon destroys Tanngnjostr, bringing me down to 700LP, and my opponent ends his battle phase. Suddenly, he realises what's about to happen, and concedes :p

He really should've played Cyber Twin Dragon instead; although that would leave me alive that turn, at least he'd also survive that turn with 100LP left, and a Zenmaioh on board, against an empty field and hand...

Update on my Swarms/Constellar deck was a huge success. First day I went 6-0. Second day I went 4-1 on YGOpro. I lost to this guys awesome GhostTrick deck.

Kokonoe

Banned
Back when the game started, they were really afraid of making level 4 monsters with more than 1900 attack for some reason, so they were all terribly nerfed. Dark Elf and Zombyra the Dark were awesome, though. I have them both in my Worldwide Edition deck.

Yeah, I remember that! I also remember being surprised a few years later when they started incorporating some Normal 2000 attack monsters into the game since it seemed there was always something that would prevent that.

I've also always loved the Dark Elf artwork, she looks cool.

Kokonoe

Banned
Downloaded the latest YGO Pro and this program has come a very long way since I last played it. It's like playing Tag Force or something. Awesome. I need to make some decks so I can start playing online!

Wiseblade

FINALLY. Surprised it took so long considering there are so many Gradius cards and modern Konami hates that franchise.

As for the card itself... absolutely mediorce. The effect isn't bad when you considerhow many powercards are Dark monsters, but 1600 ATK isn't enough to last more than a turn in the current game. Especially when the deck that would most benefit from the card, Warrior Toolbox has been dead for years.

Would be hilarious against Blackwings, though.

Happy to see Konami upping their Structures & Starter Deck.

Gonna get the Cyber Dragon and Arc-V decks in these next few months.

Milennia

Wow i never noticed this community until now.

I used to play back during the vanilla-DAD-cat/blackwing meta until i quit.
Took part in many SJCs as well as 3 world qualifiers :D
Still try to keep up with friends that still play now and then but there aren't may sadly :/
At least friends that stayed top tier.

Kabuto

Oh? I actually hosted till 2:20! not sure what happened. We'll definitely have to play sometime, though. Really itching to test out my deck. What time you think you'll be available tomorrow?

yall have to set a time when we can duel with each other

I'm available right now tho (YGOPro obviously)

I'll be on my computer in thirty minutes so I'll probably be available for a couple of hours.

Millennia duel me haha I'm better at this than Battlefield :p

Kokonoe

Banned
I've got duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuel madness~
Iiiiiin my braaaaaaaaain~

Moooooonster influeeeeeeence~
Iiiiiin my veeeeeeeins!

I haven't played in a while but when I do, I play chain burn.

3 Swift Scarecrow
3 Battle Fader (until I get 3 Cardcar D)

2 Chain Strike
3 Poison of the Old Man
3 Pot of Duality
1 One Day of Peace

2 Ojama Trio
3 Accumulated Fortune
3 Reckless Greed
3 Legacy of Yata-Garasu
3 Jar of Greed
3 Secret Barrel
3 Just Desserts
1 Ceasefire
1 Chain Detonation
3 Threatening Roar

I'm thinking of building Lightsworn just for fun.

Aggrotek

Gunna try out this Blackwing build at locals on Saturday:

gLnjYmh.png

I have been doing really well with my GKs. Went 3-1 both weeks I played it. Still didn't top though. Last week 6 people went 3-1 and I lost to a guy I really shouldn't have.

Big One

Banned
Rule changes in the OCG (likely to come here):
First player cannot draw a card.
Both players can play field spells simultaneously (two field spells on the field)

nVMtgWT.jpg

Pendulum summoning:
(This is not a clear explaination of how the mechanic works, please wait for further details to explain it.)
1. There are two new Pendulum Zones on the field
2. There are new Pendulum Monsters with "Scales" to the left and right of the card (the red and blue things)
You can place them in the Pendulum Zones, if you do they becomes Spells instead of monsters
differnet pendulum monsters have different scale numbers
3. Once you have 1 pendulum monster in each p zone, you can perform a pendulum summon
you take the numbers between the two scale numbers, in this case 1 and 8, so 2-7
4. In this turn you can now special summon any number of monsters from your hand 2-7 times
and you can only do this one time, so you can't summon something now, draw some, and then summon some more later
in the same turn
also when pendulum monsters die you can play them face-up in your extra deck
when you perform a pendulum summon you can summon 1 of them from your extra

You can find card details form V-Jump online (above pic is an example of what a Pendulum monster look like). Here's a layout of the field:

zAOIl18.jpg

Kabuto

I haven't used XYZs and, from the looks of them, don't plan on using Pendulums. XYZs are overpowered and Pendulums look overly complicated

Wiseblade

Pendulum summons seem ripe for exploitation. Can't wait to see how Konami ruins the game with them.

Edit: simultaneous field spells? First player doesn't draw? The game just got a lot more interesting.

Kokonoe

Banned
First player doesn't draw? Hmm...sounds interesting!

On one hand it gives the second player the advantage in cards, but on the other hand, the first player does get to set face-downs and summon safely their first although they can't attack.

and wat @ pendulum monsters. I think my brain is going to explode from all of these alternate summoning methods now.

Wiseblade

Really? I disagree. Pendulum summons may look elaborate, but so did Synchro summons when they were first introduced. Then Konami made tuners that special summoned themselves or other monsters to the field, synchros that special summoned and synchro tuners. Xyz monsters were supposed to be more inherently restrained. Effects that drew from a limited resource pool and Xyz monsters couldn't be used as Xyz material. But we all know how that turned out too.

Pendulum summons are starting off much more exploitably than those two did. The only limit now is on the searchability of monsters to go in the new zones. The way konami are now, expect a searching spell card in the next pack. I'll be surprised if Pendulum summons dont break the game in record time. At least Spellbooks have received a sideways boost from the new rules. The Grand Tower will last longer and it'll be harder to field a hard counter to the deck turn 1 now. At least I'll be able to enjoy the end times with my favourite deck.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Anime stuff:

Also, more anime details:
The setting for the story is a city on the shoreline of Japan called “Maiami City”. The development of their technology is mostly focused on Dueling.

Akaba Reiji is the CEO of Leo Corporation. This company has developed something called “Solid Vision with Mass”, and with its spread around Maiami City, “Action Duel” was born, and is widely popular all around the world.

The children adore Pro Duelists like stars, and they learn the many ways of Dueling and Summoning in different cram schools like “Yuushuujuku” which the main character Sakaki Yuya attends, or “Leo Duel School”, the most influential one around.

One day out of nowhere, Yuya got himself into an Exhibition Duel with the current Pro Dueliest Champion…?

Sakaki Yuya
CV: Ono Kenshuu
A 2nd Year Middle School Student who loves to entertain people. Even though he is kind of on the short side, he has a tough body with which to hone his skills in Action Duels with. His dream is to become an “Entertainment Duelist” and give people smiles from his Duels.

Hiiragi Yuzu
CV: Inamura Yuuna
Yuya’s childhood friend and someone who gives very powerful pep talks. Her father runs the “Yuushuujuku” and she and Yuya spend their time there to hone their Dueling skills.

Akaba Reiji
CV: Hosoya Yoshimasa
The second CEO of the huge Leo Corporation. He is also a Super Elite Duelist with a genius brain.

Sounds like GX.

Fucking yes!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
GX was alright. Weren't they bringing Duel Riders back to this all new series? If so, I'd like a mix of 5d's into Arc-5 with GX.

I actually loved GX...except the latter half of Season 3 when it got super dark. But Season 4, despite being short, was pretty neat with an over-the-top, but interesting, premise.

I don't think bikes are back, pretty sure the gimmick apart from the Pendulum involves the fact that the duels will be taking place in large areas, I guess like in the Virtual World Arc of the old series where they'd basically move around as they dueled.

Kokonoe

Banned
The only part of GX I enjoyed was the last bit actually. It got more entertaining. I've never really enjoyed school settings in media.

Top Bottom