• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Akai__

Really like the game. I got to the Pegasus fight earlier today, but damn he's tough with the story deck. :D

Anyways, I enjoy playing through it. It's amazing how much I still remember. But that will probably change after I beat GX though. Stopped paying attention to the series after GX, so I have no clue about 5D's, Zexal or Arc-V. I hope it's not too confusing.

Sayah

I think I'm done creating my agent deck. It's so powerful.

Played my first ranked match and the guy disconnects right when he's about to lose. What a loser. He had Weevil Underwood as his avatar. Very fitting.

If you guys want to create a blacklist for players that do this in ranked, you can add:

Mr Maito

Not sure if that's the exact spelling of his PSN but it's close enough.

Fj0823

I think I'm done creating my agent deck. It's so powerful.

Played my first ranked match and the guy disconnects right when he's about to lose. What a loser. He had Weevil Underwood as his avatar. Very fitting.

If you guys want to create a blacklist for players that do this in ranked, you can add:

Mr Maito

Not sure if that's the exact spelling of his PSN but it's close enough.

Many players know when they're done and quit. It happens even in IRL tournaments.
There's very little we can do about that. Unless Other Ocean starts giving a penalty....like loosing 10 random cards from your collection >:D

I hate rage quitters. I've also had a bunch of times where I joined a ranked match and the other guy quits immediately before the match even started

Skyo

Many players know when they're done and quit. It happens even in IRL tournaments.
There's very little we can do about that. Unless Other Ocean starts giving a penalty....like loosing 10 random cards from your collection >:D

So what happens when some1 quits? Does the game just end. Do you get anything from 'winning'? Played an online match yesterday, 8000-0. Felt so sorry for this guy, but i presume he stayed to watch..

Got a trophy too

Sayah

I hope there is a penalty.

Also, if you or anyone else wants to play online. Let me know. :)

The issue is that surrendering and quitting are two different things. I would have no problem if rage quitters submitted instead of quitting.

Yep. This. IRL, if you quit, you still lose. Online, though, the person who purposefully disconnects doesn't have a loss counted "because the match never ended."

So what happens when some1 quits? Does the game just end. Do you get anything from 'winning'? Played an online match yesterday, 8000-0. Felt so sorry for this guy, but i presume he stayed to watch..

Got a trophy too

I play fighting games online and people employ similar tactics. When they're about to lose, they disconnect. In those games, nobody gets a win or loss. It's as if the match never happened.

I'm assuming things work the same way in this game.

I hope there is a penalty.

Also, if you or anyone else wants to play online. Let me know. :)

Yep. This. IRL, if you quit, you still lose. Online, though, the person who purposefully disconnects doesn't have a loss counted "because the match never ended."

I play fighting games online and people employ similar tactics. When they're about to lose, they disconnect. In those games, nobody gets a win or loss.

I'm assuming things work the same way in this game.
I'm up for a duel. What's your PSN name? Mine is AaronThePaladin

I really don´t play the meta game in any of my competitive hobbies, I´m the YGO equivalent of the guy who's happy getting his Charizard to level 100 without caring mu ch about it's nature or IV's, I just want to have fun. And not be broke....

-Soul Charge is monster reborn on steroids, but for a price.

I always use Soul Charge, great way to get monsters quickly.

Nice first set of duels. I thought you might have something like Mirror force, part of why I used the specific card I did instead of a slightly more powerful one. The one I used can't be destroyed by card effects

Yes.

That was a good match.

I don't know the effects of all these shadoll monsters. Such long text to read. lol.

Will have to familiarize myself with them for next time.
Understandable. Though I kind of wanted to keep my deck a secret a bit longer. Not a big deal though lol

OmegaDL50

Well this is interesting.

Giant Trunade was put on the Forbidden List long before Pendulum Cards where introduced.

Yet in the format of Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist in offline or unranked mode which is pretty much anything goes.

A Giant Trunade can be used as an offensive tool. You can for example, Put two cards in your Pendulum Zones which act as Spell Cards then do a Pendulum Summon to as the topic title implies "Summon a bunch of monsters in one turn"

Use your Giant Trunade to return your Pendulum Cards back into your hand and if you want place your recently returned Pendulum Monsters on the field as even MORE monsters.

Of course naturally things like Raigeki or Mirror Force can obviously shut this sort of strategy down, but in the case the the opponent doesn't have any sort of traps or spells on the field to use against you. That's all folks!

Fj0823

To be fair, my thread title is a reference to the very popular parody "The Abridged Series" and a nod to Pendulum Summon

:p

OmegaDL50

To be fair, my thread title is a reference to the very popular parody "The Abridged Series" and a nod to Pendulum Summon

:p

I know. I am very familiar with Team Four Star's work with both YGO Abridged and DBZ Abridged.

I think I'm going to create a Kaiba deck focused on Pendulum Summons just to see if I can reenact that scene and just summon Three BEWDs on the field at the same time.

I need to start getting cards faster, so just making AI scrap decks, that just break the rules a bit to get DP faster as well as the necessary 17 defeats in Challenge Mode done faster.

Of course not to say it's worthwhile to burn through the single player content, but I think even if I ignore the Forbidden List the game will give me a long lasting play value simply just trying to get 3 of every card in the game, which I intend to do.

Besides, I got two months until Disgaea 5 arrives, which I assure you will take a significant portion of my time.

Sayah

Understandable. Though I kind of wanted to keep my deck a secret a bit longer. Not a big deal though lol

It's a pretty killer deck you got. These Shadoll monsters have insanely good effects.

Though, I guess the best way to counter it would be to deplete your deck as fast as possible with stuff like Cards of Destruction.

I don't feel completely defeated at least. At least I got one match. I have like 52 cards. Need to condense my deck. lol.

It's a pretty killer deck you got. These Shadoll monsters have insanely good effects.

Though, I guess the best way to counter it would be to deplete your deck as fast as possible with stuff like Cards of Destruction.

I don't feel completely defeated at least. At least I got one match. I have like 52 cards. Need to condense my deck. lol.

One duel you mean :p. Since in Yu-gi-oh a match refers to best of 3. But yeah, 52 cards is uaually too much. And honestly, I don't think I've ever decked out with this deck. You'd probably need a dedicated strategy to do it that effectively. I suppose it could still be worth putting some cards in your side deck though if you ever do best of 3s

OmegaDL50

Yeah I'm just to going to blow through the rest of the story campaign with a special deck that ignores the Forbidden List.

I think I'll call the deck "Screw the Rules!"

Good Game, I need to go look those up a little I have a feeling I made quite a few errors with Trishula targets

I'd say a lot of those choices weren't bad considering what you knew, since the cards you didn't choose were often facedown. And getting rid of the fusion cards in the graveyard was definitely a good call, since it's really easy for shaddolls to retrieve those from the graveyard

Sayah

One duel you mean :p. Since in Yu-gi-oh a match refers to best of 3. But yeah, 52 cards is uaually too much. And honestly, I don't think I've ever decked out with this deck. You'd probably need a dedicated strategy to do it that effectively. I suppose it could still be worth putting some cards in your side deck though if you ever do best of 3s

Yeah, I'm not into the tournament scene with this series so match and duel are the same thing for me. lol.

And I guess the best way to counter your deck would be to prevent you from fusion summoning or using a card that banishes all monsters instead of sending them to the graveyard.

Edit: Gonna add soul release into my side deck just for this shadoll strategy. :p

Yeah, I'm not into the tournament scene with this series so match and duel are the same thing for me. lol.

And I guess the best way to counter your deck would be to prevent you from fusion summoning or using a card that banishes all monsters instead of sending them to the graveyard.

Yeah, an anti fusion card were hurt shadolls pretty badly. as does banishing

I'd say a lot of those choices weren't bad considering what you knew, since the cards you didn't choose were often facedown. And getting rid of the fusion cards in the graveyard was definitely a good call, since it's really easy for shaddolls to retrieve those from the graveyard

Luckily Quattro's challenge deck is a shaddoll deck should allow me to grab some basic match up knowledge for the future.

Luckily Quattro's challenge deck is a shaddoll deck should allow me to grab some basic match up knowledge for the future.

Still wish he had all the el shaddoll cards. He only has construct and winda, but none of the other 4 element el shaddolls. I really want to get access to one more of them (the water attribute one)

Sayah

@Aaron

Remodified my deck to cover its weakness against shadoll monsters. Didn't have to make much in the form of concessions thankfully.

Just took out 3 magic cylinders and some monsters to add 1 dimensional fissure, 1 bottomless trap hole, 2 nobleman of crossout, and 2 nobleman of extermination. These cards are good enough to be used against any deck but can specifically be powerful against a shadoll deck.

I should also be able to synchro summon herald of the arc light, which was actually already in my extra deck. I didn't know this monster banished everything sent to the graveyard while in play.

Hopefully, I'll be more of a challenge next time we play. :p

@Aaron

Remodified my deck to cover its weakness against shadoll monsters. Didn't have to make much in the form of concessions thankfully.

Just took out 3 magic cylinders and some monsters to add 1 dimensional fissure, 1 bottomless trap hole, 2 nobleman of crossout, and 2 nobleman of extermination. These cards are good enough to be used against any deck but can specifically be powerful against a shadoll deck.

I should also be able to synchro summon herald of the arc light, which was actually already in my extra deck. I didn't know this monster banished everything sent to the graveyard while in play.

Hopefully, I'll be more of a challenge next time we play. :p
Not sure you should make a deck modified specifically to counter one archetype. It could make it weaker against others. Anti-archetype cards are usually better suited for side decks. Though certainly some of the cards you mentioned could work fine as general things

Sayah

Not sure you should make a deck modified specifically to counter one archetype. It could make it weaker against others. Anti-archetype cards are usually better suited for side decks. Though certainly some of the cards you mentioned could work fine as general things

Well, the cards I added are actually effective against any deck.

If I wanted to specifically make an anti-shadoll deck, I would have also added stuff like soul release but I left those in my side deck.

Well, the cards I added are actually effective against any deck.

If I wanted to specifically make an anti-shadoll deck, I would have also added stuff like soul release but I left those in my side deck.

Nobleman of extermination has a major weakness, in that your opponent can just activate their trap card as a response, which will stop it from working

Sayah

Nobleman of extermination has a major weakness, in that your opponent can just activate their trap card as a response, which will stop it from working

So if it's something like mirror force, you can just activate it anyway and nobleman of extermination doesn't work?

So if it's something like mirror force, you can just activate it anyway and nobleman of extermination doesn't work?
Well, something like Mirror force can't, since Mirror force has specific activation conditions (You're opponent needs to declare an attack). BUt plenty of other traps can be activated at any other time

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I guess that's true. I'm still kinda bummed though. I'm looking at some of the other errata changes and apparently Chaos Emperor Dragon got changed in OCG.

Now this a change I don't mind at all. A nerf, but not to a point where the card is completely unrecognizable from the original. Still a great card with a great effect that you don't even need to use because you still get a big time 3K beater with little costs.

If this one becomes legal in TCG, I'm definitely making a Chaos deck with that and BLS.

I'm actually curious if they are going to do the same with Yata?

Yata would have to be nerfed beyond recognition, like Crush Card.

I also don't remember Chaos Emperor Dragon having a different effect, what was changed? Seems like the same one I used for a OTKO deck with Gearfried+Royal Magical Library + Butteryfly Dagger way back when. Load up hand with cards and kaboom.

Easy to see why Butterfly Dagger ended up being banned. That card was stupid, I can't believe they haven't errata'd that to "once per turn."

What better packs should I focus on for a Pendulum deck?

I'm still trying to get into this game but work keeps getting in the way so I haven't picked up on everything.

I also don't remember Chaos Emperor Dragon having a different effect, what was changed? Seems like the same one I used for a OTKO deck with Gearfried+Royal Magical Library + Butteryfly Dagger way back when. Load up hand with cards and kaboom.

Easy to see why Butterfly Dagger ended up being banned. That card was stupid, I can't believe they haven't errata'd that to "once per turn."

They said OCG, which is the Japanese version of the card game and technically seperate from the western TCG (for some reason)

Miracle

CED's previous effect:

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard. You can pay 1000 Life Points; send all cards in both players' hands and on the field to the Graveyard, then inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

Differences:

1. Before you were able to use other card effects in your turn even after playing CED.
2. Cannot be special summoned in any other way now. So I assume you can no longer use call of the haunted on it?
3. Instead of inflicting 300 damage for ALL cards sent to the graveyard, it's 300 damage for ALL OF YOUR OPPONENT'S CARDS that were sent to the grave.

Speaking of that first sentence, that reminds me, I have find it weird that if you fuse the new crush card with Fang of Critius, Doom Virus Dragon gets the original Crush Card effect. Which I find very cool but also a little weird.

Boogiepop

Guys, any idea why the game won't let me use Wroughtweiler's effect? I have the "hold down the button to prompt" mode on, but it just shows the card for a second and doesn't let me use the damn effect. Am I missing something? Making this Tania duel even MORE frustrating...

Top Bottom