• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Fj0823

Urgh, fuck those guys. For real, my brother worked on a deck with those guys, and it's the dumbest thing ever

The list regulated them pretty well by hitting Scout, Skill Drain and Saqlifice. But they still have access to a lot of ridiculous tribute summon monsters like Towers and Skybase. They are balanced for the meta, but still far beyond any other rogue or tier 2 deck

Do we really have to ban meta decks? I'm not sure I want to make another deck right away
It's just for this one, as we discussed back in other threads, we have lots of new or returning players coming to terms with the new mechanics, so having decks that lock you and leave you unable to do anything isn't really going to help people catch up.

Next tourney we can go full meta. But let's take it slow for this one

The list regulated them pretty well by hitting Scout, Skill Drain and Saqlifice. But they still have access to a lot of ridiculous tribute summon monsters like Towers and Skybase. They are balanced for the meta, but still far beyond any other rogue or tier 2 deck

Honestly, my main issue with banning the current meta is that I feel like it just means we'll replace the 5 archetypes with the stuff that was powerful right before them. So it's just trading one set of archetypes for another

Fj0823

Honestly, my main issue with banning the current meta is that I feel like it just means we'll replace the 5 archetypes with the stuff that was powerful right before them. So it's just trading one set of archetypes for another

The others have all been hit by the list and have more outs ATM. As I said, it's just this once.

Do we really have to ban meta decks? I'm not sure I want to make another deck right away
Well considering that a large number of people here are returning players who are just now learning all of the new mechanics and such, the expert players just completely crushing them with the very best decks in the game wouldn't be too fun.

This first tourney is just going to be a fun one, and we can have a more professional one later.

The others have all been hit by the list and have more outs ATM. As I said, it's just this once.

Ok, I guess it's fine. When are we going to have the tournament? I need to prepare a deck or two ahead of time. Also, we going to play match format (Best of 3 with side decking)?

Well considering that a large number of people here are returning players who are just now learning all of the new mechanics and such, the expert players just completely crushing them with the very best decks in the game wouldn't be too fun.

This first tourney is just going to be a fun one, and we can have a more professional one later.

I guess, though technically I'm also a returning player. I've watched the shows, but I haven't actually played the card game in years (Not since one of the 5ds yugioh world championship ds games

bumpkin

The demo was awesome so I'm pretty sure i'm gonna buy it now. Might get it through a US account since 17 pounds is like 24 euro right now.
I don't know if the bug exists across all platforms, but I'd advise that you delete it and redownload it when you purchase. Me and a few others unlocked the game through the demo and some achievements/trophies aren't working. :(

Stuart444

I don't know if the bug exists across all platforms, but I'd advise that you delete it and redownload it when you purchase. Me and a few others unlocked the game through the demo and some achievements/trophies aren't working. :(

I didn't have that bug but my progress didn't carry over for campaign mode when I unlocked the full game (only did the first few duels so not much to repeat).

Skittles

It's just for this one, as we discussed back in other threads, we have lots of new or returning players coming to terms with the new mechanics, so having decks that lock you and leave you unable to do anything isn't really going to help people catch up.

Next tourney we can go full meta. But let's take it slow for this one
I also just saw it is as a way to give regular players a break from this stale ass meta that we've stuck in for nearly 6 months

so my brother and i were playing for a bit using new mechanics that we weren't familiar with so get the hang of them, he used syncro and i used pendelum. From what I understand... pendelum's are pretty fucking cheap, son. if i have one thats like 2 and the other is 7 i can summon as many monsters as i want from my hand as long as they're between those levels and if a pendelum dies it goes to the special deck which I can just use pendelum summon the next turn to bring it back. What happens if it dies again, does it go back to the special deck or does it go to the graveyard after dying the 2nd time?(he couldn't kill em the 2nd time cause I was just too nice :p) also we were playing with the pre-built decks.

so my brother and i were playing for a bit using new mechanics that we weren't familiar with so get the hang of them, he used syncro and i used pendelum. From what I understand... pendelum's are pretty fucking cheap, son. if i have one thats like 2 and the other is 7 i can summon as many monsters as i want from my hand as long as they're between those levels and if a pendelum dies it goes to the special deck which I can just use pendelum summon the next turn to bring it back. What happens if it dies again, does it go back to the special deck or does it go to the graveyard after dying the 2nd time?(he couldn't kill em the 2nd time cause I was just too nice :p) also we were playing with the pre-built decks.

It keeps going back. That said, there are limits. Pendulum monsters count as magic cards while in the zone, so you can destroy them with cards like mystical space typhoon. Also, they're counted as special summoned, and a lot of cards have effects to counteract special summoned monsters. Stuff like bottomless trap hole can banish every monster they send out in one go. And depending on the archetype, it isn't always easy to get the right cards in the pendulum zone. The best pendulum archetype right now is Qli, which actually just uses pendulum summons to fuel tribute summons. It's one of the best archetypes in the game though

Sou Da

Pendulums also have that added mindgame of remembering to use your spell destuction cards on them. Only way I can even deal with those things is by using my Hero deck and vanity.

I watched episode one Arc V by the way. It has hands down the worst handling of integrating game mechanics into a toyetic tv show ever, I couldn't continue.

It keeps going back. That said, there are limits. Pendulum monsters count as magic cards while in the zone, so you can destroy them with cards like mystical space typhoon. Also, they're counted as special summoned, and a lot of cards have effects to counteract special summoned monsters. Stuff like bottomless trap hole can banish every monster they send out in one go. And depending on the archetype, it isn't always easy to get the right cards in the pendulum zone. The best pendulum archetype right now is Qli, which actually just uses pendulum summons to fuel tribute summons. It's one of the best archetypes in the game though

Pendulums also have that added mindgame of remembering to use your spell destuction cards on them. Only way I can even deal with those things is by using my Hero deck and vanity.

I watched episode one Arc V by the way. It has hands down the worst handling of integrating game mechanics into a toyetic tv show ever, I couldn't continue.

hmmm... still sounds cheap as fuck to me. they should nerf them.

watch the next gimmick be pendulums with effects, fuck balancing make em cheaper!! lmfaooo (or does that already exist?)

Fj0823

They still go to the extra deck. Pendulums are defeated by destroying the cards in the pendulum zones,banishing them when they're summoned or negating their summon.

Sou Da

They still go to the extra deck. Pendulums are defeated by destroying the cards in the pendulum zones,banishing them when they're summoned or negating their summon.

Don't they count as spells? Couldn't you just re "summon" them on M2?

watch the next gimmick be pendulums with effects, fuck balancing make em cheaper!! lmfaooo (or does that already exist?)

Honestly, they're a lot stronger in pendulum focused archetypes, since only pendulum monsters return to the extra deck, so the risk is much higher in a mixed archtype. Pendulum focused archetypes tend to have other disadvantages though, like performapals having shitty attack points for the most part, and Qli being much weaker if you don't tribute summon them.

Also Pendulum effects are a thing. A lot of (if not most) pendulum cards have effects that activate when they're in the pendulum zone. Many have normal effects as well for when they're played as monsters. Also, a pendulum monster with a pendulum effect, but no monster effect is still treated as a normal monster and not an effect monster

He means negating the pendulum summon, not placing them in the zone. And you can only pendulum summon once per turn, (Although I think this doesn't apply if you switch out the pendulum zone monsters somehow)

Sou Da

Honestly, they're a lot stronger in pendulum focused archetypes, since only pendulum monsters return to the extra deck, so the risk is much higher in a mixed archtype. Pendulum focused archetypes tend to have other disadvantages though, like performapals having shitty attack points for the most part, and Qli being much weaker if you don't tribute summon them.

Also Pendulum effects are a thing. A lot of (if not most) pendulum cards have effects that activate when they're in the pendulum zone. Many have normal effects as well for when they're played as monsters. Also, a pendulum monster with a pendulum effect, but no monster effect is still treated as a normal monster and not an effect monster

They ever make an archetype specializing in normal monsters?

Calabi

I wont ask which is better, because that's purely a subjective question. But I'm wondering how does this compare to Magic Duels the card game. Strategy wise and card collecting wise. I watched the cartoon years ago and played it briefly so I know how it roughly plays you fusion monsters and set traps and it has weird convoluted strategies. How random is it and is it easy to collect the cards.

Fj0823

Only the ones on the pendulum zones are spells. without the ones there, you can't pendulum summon until you get 2 pendulums in those zones again. Provided they have the right scale numbers

He means negating the pendulum summon, not placing them in the zone. And you can only pendulum summon once per turn, (Although I think this doesn't apply if you switch out the pendulum zone monsters somehow)

No, that isn't true, if I pendulum summon, then you destroy my scales and I activate new ones, I cant pendulum summon again. Its only once per turn and only once that turn.

We already have pendulum monsters with monster effects and pendulum effect, since day 1 actually....Now we even have this

300px-OddEyesRebellionDragon-CORE-EN-ScR-1E.png

And they still get stomped by a Ritual Deck in tournaments :p

Yes, Draconia

Not that I know of. It'd be kind of hard given archetypes are usually characterized by their effects which lead to a strategy they focus on. Unless you count archetypes like Dark Magician or Blue Eyes, where the main monster is a normal monster, but you still use a lot of effect monsters. But there are a bunch of cards that help out if you're using normal monsters vs effect.

Also, there are Gemini monsters which will be treated as normal monsters until they've been normal summoned after they're already on the field, which will give them an effect

There were some major support cards designed around normal monsters for a bit. This was years ago, so I don't remember the names sadly.

Edit: "major" in relation to other support, but you get the gist of what I mean

Has anyone managed to pull a Book of Moon from Yugi's packs? I've seen a few people mention it's in there, but I've had no luck so far.

Stuart444

So I did a random buy in the card shop, Yugi's pack in particular.

WTF @ This card:

Just made me burst out laughing haha.

Also on another note, I checked the Arc-V campaign, only has the tutorial for Pendulum summons.

Makes me wonder if they plan on DLC for it or not.

Sou Da

So I did a random buy in the card shop, Yugi's pack in particular.

WTF @ This card:

Just made me burst out laughing haha.

Also on another note, I checked the Arc-V campaign, only has the tutorial for Pendulum summons.

Makes me wonder if they plan on DLC for it or not.

Amazing. That was a promo card right?

Stuart444

Amazing. That was a promo card right?

From what I saw on google, yeah.

Anyway opened 10 boosters just for the hell of it (that was the 2nd one I believe when I got the Yu-jo card).

Some interesting cards including two Dark Magician Girls, 2 Blast Luster Soldiers, Slifer, Gaia the Polar and the Fierce Knights, Pyramid of Light, etc.

Lots of Spellcaster or magic cards to support spellcasters which is to be expected from Yugis pack.

I didn't plan on opening any boosters until I beat all the campaigns but I decided to try one of them and I went with Yugi lol.

Only the ones on the pendulum zones are spells. without the ones there, you can't pendulum summon until you get 2 pendulums in those zones again. Provided they have the right scale numbers

No, that isn't true, if I pendulum summon, then you destroy my scales and I activate new ones, I cant pendulum summon again. Its only once per turn and only once that turn.

We already have pendulum monsters with monster effects and pendulum effect, since day 1 actually....Now we even have this

300px-OddEyesRebellionDragon-CORE-EN-ScR-1E.png

And they still get stomped by a Ritual Deck in tournaments :p

Yes, Draconia

christ even an xyz pendelum. @_@

Afrocious

Alright.

I'm going to turn my PS4 and buy this game.

No idea where to start though lol. I suppose there's a campaign for the second series, so I guess I'll check that out. Never used a syncro card in my life.

Crow pack should have em and duelist challenge Ray

Also does anyone have Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon?

I honestly think they're keeping a bunch of the arc-v cards locked under upcoming DLC, since stuff like Dark Rebellion and the superheavy samurais don't seem to be anywhere, even though they were released under the proper timeframe

Reszo

I honestly think they're keeping a bunch of the arc-v cards locked under upcoming DLC, since stuff like Dark Rebellion and the superheavy samurais don't seem to be anywhere, even though they were released under the proper timeframe

Hmm I see, probably right. I checked other forums through google and no one has found him.

Top Bottom