• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Yuma's shitty friends are the worst.

dude just kept putting his shitty ass NO CARD WITH MORE THAT 1500 CAN ATTACK!! match lasted 38 turns and i ended up with 7100 and he loses. fuck man, what a trashy ass deck. its like it exist soley to troll and test someone's patience.

dude just kept putting his shitty ass NO CARD WITH MORE THAT 1500 CAN ATTACK!! match lasted 38 turns and i ended up with 7100 and he loses. fuck man, what a trashy ass deck. its like it exist soley to troll and test someone's patience.

It's honestly even worse playing it in the reverse duel.

Reszo

I dealt with that card by 3 seperate duelist, it's so annoying lol after I destroy it they throw out another one.

I dealt with that card by 3 seperate duelist, it's so annoying lol after I destroy it they throw out another one.

right!? the piece of shit took my monster that had 3100 atk (one of his monsters went into his spell field to take it) and didn't pay the lifepoints to leave that shit on the field, and once i got my monster back by destryoing his "spell card" and he realized he was assed out, he flipped one of his cards which was, surprise: NO CARD WITH 1500 OR MORE CAN ATTACK!!!

why did they do the booster packs the dumb way and put them behind characters from the anime? why not use the images from the actual booster packs that way everyone knows where to find what card they want?

why did they do the booster packs the dumb way and put them behind characters from the anime? why not use the images from the actual booster packs that way everyone knows where to find what card they want?

There logic is that people new to the card game or who only watch the show might not know what's in what pack, but with this they can put an entire archetype in one place. I don't think the logic is bad, but the game really needs pack lists that let you see what cards you've gotten from a pack, and how many cards are left.

That said, most archetypes you can get a good number of the cards by repeatedly doing the challenge duels. I've heard challenge duels only drop cards from the opponent's deck once for each time they were in the deck. So about 14 wins can get you their whole deck

There logic is that people new to the card game or who only watch the show might not know what's in what pack, but with this they can put an entire archetype in one place. I don't think the logic is bad, but the game really needs pack lists that let you see what cards you've gotten from a pack, and how many cards are left.

That said, most archetypes you can get a good number of the cards by repeatedly doing the challenge duels. I've heard challenge duels only drop cards from the opponent's deck once for each time they were in the deck. So about 14 wins can get you their whole deck

challenge dual is the thing that takes like 2k of the ingame currency right? whats up with that mode? why would i do that for cards that I'm assuming i dont keep?

challenge dual is the thing that takes like 2k of the ingame currency right? whats up with that mode? why would i do that for cards that I'm assuming i dont keep?

No, that's battle pack. And after 5 duels in battle pack you get to keep the cards.

Challenge duel is unlocked through story mode, it's under single player, it's dueling against AI who have decks based on actual archetypes and not story nonsense

No, that's battle pack. And after 5 duels in battle pack you get to keep the cards.

Challenge duel is unlocked through story mode, it's under single player, it's dueling against AI who have decks based on actual archetypes and not story nonsense

what if i lose? can i continue to retry till i win or am I assed out?

Sayah

Can I get a subjective ranking of the
1. 5 Best XYZ monsters
2. 5 Best Synchro monsters

Note: They have to be monsters that don't require specific attributes (e.g. light, dark, warrior, etc.) to summon.

So I did a random buy in the card shop, Yugi's pack in particular.

WTF @ This card:

Just made me burst out laughing haha.

Also on another note, I checked the Arc-V campaign, only has the tutorial for Pendulum summons.

Makes me wonder if they plan on DLC for it or not.
"Yujo" is Japanese for friendship, it's a pun

Fj0823

Can I get a subjective ranking of the
1. 5 Best XYZ monsters
2. 5 Best Synchro monsters

Note: They have to be monsters that don't require specific attributes (e.g. light, dark, warrior, etc.) to summon.

Xyz:
Number 101:Silent Honor ARK
Evilswarm Exciton Knight
Number 11: Big Eye
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
Castel the Sky Blaster Musqueteer
Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand
Number 61: Volcasaurus

Synchro
Goyo Guardian
Trishula Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Ally of Justice Catastor
Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons
Black Rose Dragon
Stardust Dragon
Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
Formula Synchron

Sayah

Xyz:
Number 101:Silent Honor ARK
Evilswarm Exciton Knight
Number 11: Big Eye
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
Castel the Sky Blaster Musqueteer
Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand
Number 61: Volcasaurus

Synchro
Goyo Guardian
Trishula Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Ally of Justice Catastor
Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons
Black Rose Dragon
Stardust Dragon
Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
Formula Synchron

Thanks. You've been very helpful.
I'm gonna look up these cards very soon and try to fit'em into my deck. The one area I'm really lacking in is my extra deck.

Also, if I could ask one other thing, which booster pack would have the melodious cards?

I can't get past him literally changing the mechanics of the game in the first episode and the entertainer stuff is just cringeworthy.

Honestly, other than that one moment, Arc-V is generally a lot more solid and less blatantly awful with that stuff than other series (I mean, it's not like Yusei didn't have cards magically materialize at the top of his deck when he needed them). And you get used to the entertainer stuff, and it gets toned down as well as other characters take the spotlight

Sayah

@Fj0823
Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons actually requires a dark tuner but everything else you've pointed out is amazing.

Now to work on this deck even further.

Ok i want to build my first deck in game, xyz to be exact. Going to beay the zexal story so i can unlock all the booster packs, no booster packed is locked behind the dlc, right?

Sou Da

Honestly, other than that one moment, Arc-V is generally a lot more solid and less blatantly awful with that stuff than other series (I mean, it's not like Yusei didn't have cards magically materialize at the top of his deck when he needed them). And you get used to the entertainer stuff, and it gets toned down as well as other characters take the spotlight

I know and I get that, but Yusei didn't magically create the mechanic of synchro summoning y'know?

Also I kinda prefer the semi-grounded retro futurism stuff that the first two series had going on, I don't really care for the Zexal and up aesthetic but that's personal prefence.

ZangBa

I'm still trying to make my first deck, but can't really find suitable monsters that synergize well with my main monster, only spell and trap cards. :<

Fj0823

I know and I get that, but Yusei didn't magically create the mechanic of synchro summoning y'know?

Also I kinda prefer the semi-grounded retro futurism stuff that the first two series had going on, I don't really care for the Zexal and up aesthetic but that's personal prefence.

He didn't create it. He discovered it. And that will make sense later in the series, Pendulum summon was supposed to exist in Yuya's world.

I guess, and admittedly it takes a while for anyone else to start using it.

That said Arc-V has a lot going for it

Akaba Reiji is probably the most competent rival in the series
Once plot starts kicking in it's really interesting and intriguing
The characters are actually a lot of fun, and often defy your expectations
Also if you're not a fan of the setting
Arc-V actually has different dimensions based around each of major extra deck summoning methods. Right now the series is in Synchro Dimension which is heavily inspired by 5Ds setting, right down to a few returning characters

He didn't create it. He discovered it. And that will make sense later in the series, Pendulum summon was supposed to exist in Yuya's world.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious there's something going on behind the scenes with that, likely involving his dad and his pendant

Sou Da

I guess, and admittedly it takes a while for anyone else to start using it.

That said Arc-V has a lot going for it

Akaba Reiji is probably the most competent rival in the series
Once plot starts kicking in it's really interesting and intriguing
The characters are actually a lot of fun, and often defy your expectations
Also if you're not a fan of the setting
Arc-V actually has different dimensions based around each of major extra deck summoning methods. Right now the series is in Synchro Dimension which is heavily inspired by 5Ds setting, right down to a few returning characters

Yeah I don't get that, does Yuuya's entire universe and four dimensions exist separately from Yugi-Yuki-Yusei's?

Also I doubt you're going to sell me on plot, I'm entertained by all yugioh's plots for the most part but the only stories I actually respect as an anime is the Atlantean arc and 5Ds.

Sayah

I've only completely watched the first Yugioh anime and it was great.

Then, one day I tried GX and it's terrrrrrrrible. Characters are so bad. Zexal looks even worse than GX and 5ds doesn't look much better.

Arc-V I have to try when it's fully complete.
Oh, Im Sorry man, you can't expect me to memorize all the cards! XD

No worries. :p

On another topic, I was reading Odin, Father of the Aesir's effect and it's so good:

Once per turn: You can make this card be unaffected by Spell/Trap effects until the end of this turn. During the End Phase, if this face-up card you controlled was destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or card effect) and sent to your Graveyard this turn: You can banish 1 "Nordic Ascendant" Tuner monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. When Summoned this way: You can draw 1 card.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, this monster basically doesn't die unless you banish it or something or run out of your supply of nordic monsters in the graveyard.

Unless "card effect is only referring to monster effects and not spell or trap cards.

Yeah I don't get that, does Yuuya's entire universe and four dimensions exist separately from Yugi-Yuki-Yusei's?

It's not entirely clear at this point. My speculation is that the 4 dimensions in Arc-V were all actually one originally which was the original timeline with all the other series, and somehow something happened that caused them to get split
Probably involving Yuzu's bracelet, the mysterious darkness that was inside Yuuya and his doppelgangers, and also somehow led to the 4 previous main's becoming erased

Then, one day I tried GX and it's terrrrrrrrible. Characters are so bad. Zexal looks even worse than GX and 5ds doesn't look much better.

Arc-V I have to try when it's fully complete.

No worries. :p

On another topic, I was reading Odin, Father of the Aesir's effect and it's so good:

So if I'm understanding this correctly, this monster basically doesn't die unless you banish it or something.

Unless "card effect is only referring to monster effects and not spell or trap cards.
5Ds is way better than GX. Especially the first half. As dumb as card games on motorcycles sounds, it actually works surprisingly well LOL

Fj0823

Yeah I don't get that, does it exist separately from Yugi-Yuki-Yusei's?
You might want to spoiler tag that

Apparently its all an alternate universe, Zexal takes place at some point in the Xyz Dimmension, while the others have alternate versions of previous characters

Sou Da

I'm trying to make something built around Maha Vailo. I know it's not an archetype of any kind so it's not really viable competitively, but I don't really care about that.

That's not really a card great at all. So an equip/spellcaster deck?

Do we have confirmation that the AI decks are stacked? I'm not far, but I just did the Mako vs. Yugi reverse duel, and consistently, for 7 games, Yugi's first cards played were ALWAYS 'Sentry Golem, Swords of Revealing Light and a ritual card that allowed his rock monsters to destroy spells'. So by turn three, I couldn't attack, and I was taking thousands of damage a turn.

I want to say it was lucky draws on his behalf, but.... 7 games? No... I'm pretty sure that's outside the realm of probability and right into cheating. Or deals with some dark powers.

Skittles

5D's first episode is infinitely more entertaining than the entirety of GX at any point. It also has far better characters.

Fj0823

Do we have confirmation that the AI decks are stacked? I'm not far, but I just did the Mako vs. Yugi reverse duel, and consistently, for 7 games, Yugi's first cards played were ALWAYS 'Sentry Golem, Swords of Revealing Light and a ritual card that allowed his rock monsters to destroy spells'. So by turn three, I couldn't attack, and I was taking thousands of damage a turn.

I want to say it was lucky draws on his behalf, but.... 7 games? No... I'm pretty sure that's outside the realm of probability and right into cheating. Or deals with some dark powers.

Is this really a surprise in YGO games? I still remember Solomon going all Raigeki, Feather Duster, Cyber Stein into Ultimate Blue-Eyes, equip Megamorph. GG

EVERY SINGLE TIME

Recall

I know nothing about Yu-Gi-Oh but love card games. The text boxes on the cards are a bit hard to read at times, bit cluttered and poorly worded (for I to understand) so I'm not even sure where to start to begin building a deck.

Read that people choose a cool big creature and build a deck around that and make sure it can deal with your opponents threats. Is that something I should do too as a newbie? Cheers

Top Bottom