• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Vorheez

yes, pretty easy to get em
Cool, I havent kept up with yugioh in years but I remember those three cards were very popular when I was into it. I just finished reading about Hamon, Uria, and Raviel, can you get those guys too? How do you get all of them? Thanks

Miracle

Question: in this hypothetical Gaf tournament (can I join btw? :D), are we also not allowed to use a single card from the banned archetypes?

For example: if I made a deck that's built around chaos or whatnot with no Burning Abyss cards, but wanted to put one Dante BA card in the extra deck. Would that be ok or no?

Reszo

Cool, I havent kept up with yugioh in years but I remember those three cards were very popular when I was into it. I just finished reading about Hamon, Uria, and Raviel, can you get those guys too? How do you get all of them? Thanks

Egyptian Gods can be pulled from the Yugi booster pack or you can just beat Classic Yugioh campaign and you get the as rewards from duels.

Hamon and them can be pulled from Jaden booster pack.

McBryBry

Just picked up the game tonight, I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't played since GX came off Cartoon Network (Hint: I was a kid. Now I'm 20.) I've played the first few original duels, along with the first GX and 5D's duels. Synchros are pretty easy to catch on to, though I haven't tried XYZ or pendulum yet.

Now to try and figure out my Dragon deck. I used to run a few when me and my cousin played, but it's all gone to me now. I had a typical Dragon deck with some Blue Eyes stuff as my trump, a dedicated Red Eyes deck, and an E Hero deck. Here's to hoping I can muster up those memories!

JigsawX

When your going through the story is there any benefit to using the story decks vs your own decks? Same question applies to the reverse duels?

"Get set to get decked"

Who writes this nonsense? Fuck yuma or whatever the zexal kid's name is. Just want to unlock all the booster packs so i can build a dope xyz deck, im gonna be using that trap card where no lvl4 monster or higher can attack since xyz's dont have levels, they got ranks, right?

"Get set to get decked"

Who writes this nonsense? Fuck yuma or whatever the zexal kid's name is. Just want to unlock all the booster packs so i can build a dope xyz deck, im gonna be using that trap card where no lvl4 monster or higher can attack since xyz's dont have levels, they got ranks, right?

You dont wanna jet?
tumblr_ma40zpjOMM1qjinx5o1_500.gif

Fj0823

"Get set to get decked"

The dub gives pathetic one liners to everyone, even if its out of character, censors the cards, the plots, any romantic situation, death scenes,everything. Not saying Zexal in Japan wasn't bad. But its miles better than the dub.

It at least keeps the serious and memorable moments just like that. No puns at tense moments.

Also, the name Changing is atrotious with some really clever exceptions

And yes, Xyz monsters laugh at Gravity Bind, or Level Limit Area.

The dub gives pathetic one liners to everyone, even if its out of character, censors the cards, the plots, any romantic situation, death scenes,everything. Not saying Zexal in Japan wasn't bad. But its miles better than the dub.

It at least keeps the serious and memorable moments just like that. No puns at tense moments.

Dope, which boosters have gravity bind and level limit?

Sou Da

Eh it's like Pokemon. I can't get into it unless they use the english names for the monsters.

Reszo

Does anyone know if Star Eater is in this? Need a 11 star synchro summon to test something.

Edit: nevermind keep forgetting about that spreadsheet, says it is in the Yusei pack

Man, finding all the cards I need for my decks is rough. That Google Doc from Reddit is super hard to use on mobile too... DX

We should probably set a date for the tournament as well. It'll probably have to be over the course of a few days due to people's schedules, but we should probably start it soon.

EDIT: I can go ahead and take charge over the tourney if no one else wants to.
I can't remember who had the idea for it all those pages ago...

Do we want to do a traditional single/double elimination tournament or a round robin?

Sayah

Okay, I'm getting tired of the people that disconnect as soon as they're about to lose so their artificial leaderboard ranking won't be impacted. It's so lame.

For that reason, I'm creating a blacklist for players to avoid in ranked battle and will update it each time I notice someone disconnect right before losing. I will only add those people that disconnect right before losing and not those that disconnect at some random point in the battle.

Here's two names for you guys to avoid so far.

Big_Fish_MUC
Mr_Maico

Man, finding all the cards I need for my decks is rough. That Google Doc from Reddit is super hard to use on mobile too... DX

We should probably set a date for the tournament as well. It'll probably have to be over the course of a few days due to people's schedules, but we should probably start it soon.

EDIT: I can go ahead and take charge over the tourney if no one else wants to.
I can't remember who had the idea for it all those pages ago...

Do we want to do a traditional single/double elimination tournament or a round robin?

Double elimination.
Use challonge.com for your brackets.

Sayah

I'm seeing three different links for downloading yugioh pro.
ygopro.co
ygopro.us
ygopro.org

Which one is the legitimate one? lol

Or are they all legitimate and it doesn't matter?

Stuart444

Okay, I'm getting tired of the people that disconnect as soon as they're about to lose so their artificial leaderboard ranking won't be impacted. It's so lame.

For that reason, I'm creating a blacklist for players to avoid in ranked battle and will update it each time I notice someone disconnect right before losing. I will only add those people that disconnect right before losing and not those that disconnect at some random point in the battle.

Big_Fish_MUC
Mr_Maico.

I faced the first guy once, he beat me though :( (sealed pack online duel)

Didn't know he was a disconnect guy though, will keep that in mind.

Big_Fish_MUC
Mr_Maico

Double elimination.
Use challonge.com for your brackets.
People are so stupid. If your deck isn't enough to win, just accept the loss and move on! Thanks for the list.

And yup, Challonge is what I've used in the past, so that's the plan!

Sou Da

I'm seeing three different links for downloading yugioh pro.
ygopro.co
ygopro.us
ygopro.org

Which one is the legitimate one? lol

Or are they all legitimate and it doesn't matter?

ygopro.co is the original, I think the other two are for different servers or something.

.us has an deck editor right on the website which is cool though.

Sayah

People are so stupid. Of your deck isn't enough to win, just accept the loss and move on! Thanks for the list.

And yup, Challonge is what I've used in the past, so that's the plan!
Exactly. People need to learn to take the L.

Unfortunately, you'll find people like this in any game that has 1v1 competition.

ygopro.co is the original, I think the other two are for different servers or something.

.us has an deck editor right on the website which is cool though.

Thanks a lot.

cheesekao

Konami should do the sensible thing and automatically treat disconnects as the loser of the round. Seems odd that they didn't do that.

Fj0823

:-( but I like Pendulums.

I also like Xyz but Pendulums have been good for me lol.

I've not won using a Synchro deck yet.*

*only using the starter decks, not bothered to make my own yet

Odd Eyes Magician is a deck that uses fusion Synchro Xyz and Pendulum

Its glorious. But not in this game t.t.

Zunja

I remember watching an episode of 5 D's where he was dueling these three guys who used the norse gods as the main theme of each of their decks. I'm pretty far into 5 D's but haven't seen them yet.

I'm assuming they're in and really hope they are unlocked in the campaign if not which pack?

Sou Da

I remember watching an episode of 5 D's where he was dueling these three guys who used the norse gods as the main theme of each of their decks. I'm pretty far into 5 D's but haven't seen them yet.

I'm assuming they're in and really hope they are unlocked in the campaign if not which pack?

You're looking for Aesir cards, in case you didn't know the name of the archetype.

Those and the nordic beasts/ascendants

EDIT 2: I looked around, they're in Crow's packs.

Zunja

You're looking for Aesir cards, in case you didn't know the name of the archetype.

Those and the nordic beasts/ascendants

EDIT 2: I looked around, they're in Crow's packs.

Awesome thanks! I've been beating my friends using an Ojama deck but I want to branch out. I pulled some cloudians and have been using them. The Noble stuff sounds cool Arthurian legend is always hype. Finally the Aesir's!

I haven't played since literally OG yugioh and it's been a blast opening packs and seeing thousands of new cards.

Miracle

My Morphtronics have been kicking everybody's asses in campaign.

Seal of Orichalcos won me a few games alone as strange as that sounds. Oddly enough, that card works really well with this deck.

Filter

I haven't played yugioh since the world championship games on the DS. This is pretty fun tho and well structured how you can progress thru all of the series and get tutorials on each new mechanic that they've added.

I have no idea how to build a good deck that works with a purpose so I've been trying to find lists online.
I want to try a masked hero deck. This site seems to have good lists http://yugiohtopdecks.com/decks/HERO

The problem is, they ask for cards like Elemental hero shadow mist. It's super rare, how do I even know it's in the game and which booster pack it's in?

Someone's set up this Google doc but I can't see it in there. Is there some kind of master list from the developer so that I know if I'm wasting my time or not?

I haven't played yugioh since the world championship games on the DS. This is pretty fun tho and well structured how you can progress thru all of the series and get tutorials on each new mechanic that they've added.

I have no idea how to build a good deck that works with a purpose so I've been trying to find lists online.
I want to try a masked hero deck. This site seems to have good lists http://yugiohtopdecks.com/decks/HERO

The problem is, they ask for cards like Elemental hero shadow mist. It's super rare, how do I even know it's in the game and which booster pack it's in?

Someone's set up this Google doc but I can't see it in there. Is there some kind of master list from the developer so that I know if I'm wasting my time or not?
You can get a masked hero pre-built deck in one of the dlcs

Sou Da

I run a masked hero deck irl and on ygopro. You're not going to get those in the game without buying the DLC I hear.

Filter

I run a masked hero deck irl and on ygopro. You're not going to get those in the game without buying the DLC I hear.

That's weird. At the start of this thread it said all cards were accessible by grinding and dlc just unlocked some extra story sections.

How do people know what's in dlc and what's not? Seems like there's a lot of messing around.

That's weird. At the start of this thread it said all cards were accessible by grinding and dlc just unlocked some extra story sections.

How do people know what's in dlc and what's not? Seems like there's a lot of messing around.

That's what they said, but it doesn't seem to be true. Each DLC comes with a structure deck, and it seems at least a few key cards in each aren't in the base game. It also seems like certain archetypes are being held back for future dlc. That said, each dlc pack only has two structure decks and we know what each is so it's easy to predict which ones require dlc

Sayah

Konami should do the sensible thing and automatically treat disconnects as the loser of the round. Seems odd that they didn't do that.

I wish.

playing against bandit keith's scrap deck and i'm getting some freezes and mad framedrops

thanks other ocean & konami

I also experienced this two or three times while playing someone in the 5ds campaign.

That's what they said, but it doesn't seem to be true. Each DLC comes with a structure deck, and it seems at least a few key cards in each aren't in the base game. It also seems like certain archetypes are being held back for future dlc. That said, each dlc pack only has two structure decks and we know what each is so it's easy to predict which ones require dlc

This sucks.

Top Bottom