• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

That GX kid in the dual challenge. His exodia deck was mad cheesy. Infinite draw loops to exodia when he has two heart of the underdog on the field.

Sayah

How is this game even selling?
I don't recall any advertisement for it and wouldn't have known of its existence if not for this OT. I don't think it shows up on the PS store either in the "new releases" section.

Online isn't completely dead but it's not full of lots of players either.

Fj0823

How is this game even selling?
I don't recall any advertisement for it and wouldn't have known of its existence if not for this OT. I don't think it shows up on the PS store either in the "new releases" section.

Online isn't completely dead but it's not full of lots of players either.

Its right in the OP, YGO is the top selling cardgame in the world, so players will naturally buy it to test their decks for a low price,no manual gameplay like DN, no bugs and horrible art like Pro.

The rest is nostalgia, and curiosity for the new series/cards

that's my guess.

Edit: oh yeah, forgot Yaiba plays with X-Sabers, makes sense they'll save those for the Arc-V DLC

Sayah

Its right in the OP, YGO is the top selling cardgame in the world, so players will naturally buy it to test their decks for a low price,no manual gameplay like DN, no bugs and horrible art like Pro.

The rest is nostalgia, and curiosity for the new series/cards

that's my guess.

Edit: oh yeah, forgot Yaiba plays with X-Sabers, makes sense they'll save those for the Arc-V DLC

I hope it is selling well.

There's players online and it's not hard to find matches but maybe the reason it's not as populated as I expect is because PS+ is mandatory for online play.

Can someone help me build a dragon deck? Should I just keep buying cards from Kaiba?

Add dem stardust dragons in there.

I don't think Kaiba has those.

Maybe it'll still be seen as "successful" depending on what the budget was, but I guarantee this game isn't selling any significant amount with the almost non-existent marketing. They didn't even properly announce the release date until a few days before it came out and it came out on a Friday when no one is expecting new games to come out. Far from the first time Konami has done stuff like this. The only people buying it are the hardcore followers (some of which still didn't know this game existed) and people returning to YGO after randomly seeing threads like this.

Recall

Are the draft and sealed play options worth it? Do you keep what you draft or does it all depend on wins? Not sure if I've got the skill to win but I wanna try the option.

Has anyone come accross Uni-Zombie? I'm trying to figure out where you get him from.

I've noticed that you will never get useless duplicates of cards from battling AI opponents, which is really nice.

Fj0823

Are the draft and sealed play options worth it? Do you keep what you draft or does it all depend on wins? Not sure if I've got the skill to win but I wanna try the option.

You got to keep the cards.

Have you noticed the Xyz
summon animation is way more "badass" than Synchro and Pendulum?
Also the fusion animation is lame as Hell lol

Regiruler

I didn't pay much attention to anything past 5Ds but the GX name changes were awful. Chumley Huffington. Might as well call him Fatass Manboobson.
The companions always get weird changes, but everyone else is usually fine. Axel Brodie was much better than austin, particularly.

Fj0823

The companions always get weird changes, but everyone else is usually fine. Axel Brodie was much better than austin, particularly.

5D's ZEXAL and Arc-V have fucked up names for the mains?

Akiza? it's like someone misheard "Akizayoi" and decided to leave at Akiza, Ryoga to Reginald? Reiji to Declan? Yuzu to Zuzu? Doesnt make any sense if you leave Yusei Fudo, Yuma Tsukumo and Yuya Sakaki.

Others are good but unecessary like Kotori->Tori. or Gongenzaka->Gong

Jaden is the only understandable one, as "Yudai" sounds like "You Die" or "Jew Die" but why not just call him Yuki? Jaden destroys the "Yu" tradition in the west?

Recall

Holy crap the cards you get for doing the draft play stuff, the XYZ monsters are great. It's real cool to make a deck around nothing more than everything being level 4.

Recall

I find it funny that the XYZ example isn't actually in the game (it's from a pack coming out in early August). Good first OT though

It is in the game.

PVhSmHT.jpg

So does this game have that code system that lets you put the card you own in the game or do you just have to straight up collect the cards you own in game? I'll probably play this game to probably get me back into yu-gi-oh

Recall

So does this game have that code system that lets you put the card you own in the game or do you just have to straight up collect the cards you own in game? I'll probably play this game to probably get me back into yu-gi-oh

There is no code system. It's a great re-introduction game as the last one I had played was Tag Force 2 on PSP so I have missed plenty new stuff to now discover and enjoy.

Sayah

Played YGOPro

It runs so fast compared to the slowness of this game, lol. But the presentation/menus is not that great.

Wat? I see the ai use it wll the time, unless you're talking competitive play which i dont really care for, just play for fun. But ok i see why now, basically they had to nerf it

This one:
PotofGreed-LCJW-EN-ScR-1E.png
In real life it is on the banned list for tournament play so that's why they made new cards that seem crappier. You're not allowed to use it anymore.

Aw man, I finally have a deck that I felt comfortable taking into ranked so I just did my first ranked match and I get matched up with someone who doesn't seem to understand how a lot of the cards work and didn't build a great deck. I won without him ever even summoning, that makes me feel like a huge dick :/
What makes it worse is that afterwards I wanted to help him out, he used a Dust Tornado to try and negate the activation of one of my spell cards, I was going to tell him the difference between negate and destroy but then I see that his profile says his only language is German.

Aw man, I finally have a deck that I felt comfortable taking into ranked so I just did my first ranked match and I get matched up with someone who doesn't seem to understand how a lot of the cards work and didn't build a great deck. I won without him ever even summoning, that makes me feel like a huge dick :/
What makes it worse is that afterwards I wanted to help him out, he used a Dust Tornado to try and negate the activation of one of my spell cards, I was going to tell him the difference between negate and destroy but then I see that his profile says his only language is German.

I like you. Good Guy Arched Thunder over here trying to help out.

Sandfox

5D's ZEXAL and Arc-V have fucked up names for the mains?

Akiza? it's like someone misheard "Akizayoi" and decided to leave at Akiza, Ryoga to Reginald? Reiji to Declan? Yuzu to Zuzu? Doesnt make any sense if you leave Yusei Fudo, Yuma Tsukumo and Yuya Sakaki.

Others are good but unecessary like Kotori->Tori. or Gongenzaka->Gong

Jaden is the only understandable one, as "Yudai" sounds like "You Die" or "Jew Die" but why not just call him Yuki? Jaden destroys the "Yu" tradition in the west?

If you want to get technical it wasn't a tradition then.

Kouriozan

Really want to buy it but kind of waiting until Arc V real campaign is in.
I'm so close of platinum-ing Sound Shapes (only one death mode level left) anyway so I'll probably buy it just after.

Almost unlocked all the zexal booster packs. 1 more to go. Can almost start building my deck :) who has the trap card that limits attacking monsters to lvl 4 or below and also the one that puts lvl 4 and above in defense positsion (its a magic card. Defense level b or something like that, the annoying turner kid uses it)?

My Madolche deck is all good besides that M-X-Saber Invoker, but the deck still works well without it!

I am going to grind more when I can get back on my Xbox One later on, I also recorded a video showing off the deck and what is it about, but I still have to render it and everything(because I did commentary on the video). Would anyone want to see how good Madolche at all?

Ok grandpa has level limit b, just need gravity bind. I looked online and no one seems to know where to get it

Level Limit Area B and Gravity Bind are VERY bad in today's meta, just because how good XYZ monsters are, and because they don't have a level, they have a Rank, those monsters will not be effected by at all, those cards just dead weight while being on the field.

Some better cards that have a effect on today's meta a bit are: Stumbling and black garden are better cards because it effects all monsters, XYZ too, try using those cards instead, or use Wall of Revealing Light or use Battle Fadder or Swift Scarecrow, to stop attacks instead.

So is there any kind of option to animate the cards, like the show typically does?

A few iconic cards like Blue Eyes and Dark Magician have attack animations, but otherwise no. Honestly, it'd be crazy expensive to animate even 1% of all the monster cards in the game, and that's assuming you don't want spell and trap animations as well

Fj0823

A few iconic cards like Blue Eyes and Dark Magician have attack animations, but otherwise no. Honestly, it'd be crazy expensive to animate even 1% of all the monster cards in the game, and that's assuming you don't want spell and trap animations as well

500ish animations should be possible imo

There is no code system. It's a great re-introduction game as the last one I had played was Tag Force 2 on PSP so I have missed plenty new stuff to now discover and enjoy.

Cool. I had a deck but I lose interest when I lost one of my Silent Magician lv4/8 card(Bought NT twice for the ds which is why I had two sets)

Top Bottom