• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Just beat Zone in the 5Ds dlc by using Shooting Quasar Dragon. It's pretty hilarious, because earlier in the match he used Sephylon to load himself up with 5 4000 attack monsters and I was like NOPE and used mirror force, killing all of them
Proving once again that raw attack alone is not enough in Yugioh.

The DLC for this game is getting more worrying the further it goes along. I'm kind of worried about how much the new cards will be. Will we have to buy multiple DLC packs per new booster?

Proving once again that raw attack alone is not enough in Yugioh.

The DLC for this game is getting more worrying the further it goes along. I'm kind of worried about how much the new cards will be. Will we have to buy multiple DLC packs per new booster?

Not enough, but still important. There are plenty of times when a monster with super high attack can be a terrifying threat because you just don't have cards to deal with it, and is there any decent archetype without some sort of high attack monster?

Fj0823

Not enough, but still important. There are plenty of times when a monster with super high attack can be a terrifying threat because you just don't have cards to deal with it, and is there any decent archetype without some sort of high attack monster?

Don't think so, Galaxy, U.A, Cyber Dragon and the likes are not very competitive

Fj0823

Again, alone it's not enough, and crazy high attack themed decks tend to fail, but you still need some high attack support in any deck

Those decks don't rely on high attack alone, galaxy and U.A can really get nasty with negations

their main problem is the slow playstyle, and also, they use way too much resources for what other decks do in 1 card.

Their attacks are deadly, but the problem is not that they rely on it, but that they can't keep up with the level of control needed to be meta.

Those decks don't rely on high attack alone, galaxy and U.A can really get nasty with negations

their main problem is the slow playstyle, and also, they use way too much resources for what other decks do in 1 card.

Their attacks are deadly, but the problem is not that they rely on it, but that they can't keep up with the level of control needed to be meta.
my main point was more that you generally need a few high attack options available because there are times when effects won't work or such. It's definitely not the most important factor, but it's still important

Luke_Wal

I would argue that Majispecters are getting pretty competitive in the OCG, and their biggest monster is 2000 with Unicorn (2300 under their field spell, but that's still not even a Monarch). They just don't let the opponent summon their monsters, so it works out.

I would argue that Majispecters are getting pretty competitive in the OCG, and their biggest monster is 2000 with Unicorn (2300 under their field spell, but that's still not even a Monarch). They just don't let the opponent summon their monsters, so it works out.
I'd argue they can easily use pendulum into xyz summoning an unrelated monster to get over that though

EMT0

Banned
Hey guys, this game convinced me to pick up some cards again for the first time in years. To my surprise, Amazon has some solid deals for getting a bunch of viable cards into deck form very quickly at a very cheap price: Battle Pack 3

I'm going to be splitting this box with a friend of mine who also used to play, and the low price has also made me want to pick up something else to supplement what I get out of it, since I expect my friend to start mixing in some of his old collection after a few rounds(I lost my old cards while moving).

If I'm willing to spend up to $60 to buy a large amount of cards, what would you guys recommend I get? I'm willing to buy more than one box of whatever so long as the price stays under or close to 60.

Burning Abyss doesn't have any monsters that goes over 2500 ATK and is generally built around level 3 monsters. XYZ summon for the archetype are therefore generally rank 3 monsters and on the rare occasion rank 6.

That's an archetype where I would say that the effects matter more than pulling high ATKs

edit: nm, forgot the 2800 ATK, fusion version of Dante.

Boogiepop

Finished up the main campaign, finally! Now to keep working away at getting stuff.

Also, ha! Don Thousand did a big old setup, summoned out like 4 monsters on his first turn and then made 2 XYZs and equipped one to the other and then... I used Compulsory Evacuation Device! Poor guy couldn't recover at all and I absolutely steamrolled him!

Edit: Also, yeeeeeah. Can see why people aren't so fond of Zexal's plot after going through that story mode. The manga was definitely a good bit better, at least from that limited look at the anime plot.

Zalman

I was just looking at upcoming cards and I was really surprised to see Gaia the Fierce Knight and Black Luster Soldier supporting each other.

54484652_black_luster_soldier___super_soldier_by_kai1411-d8y684c.png

This just seems really random to me. I never connected those two archetypes. In fact, I never even knew Black Luster Soldier was considered an archetype. The only thing they had in common in my mind was the fact that Yugi used them both.

Thud

I was just looking at upcoming cards and I was really surprised to see Gaia the Fierce Knight and Black Luster Soldier supporting each other.

This just seems really random to me. I never connected those two archetypes. In fact, I never even knew Black Luster Soldier was considered an archetype. The only thing they had in common in my mind was the fact that Yugi used them both.

It was a thing in the manga/anime where Yugi ritual summoned Black Luster Soldier with Gaia The Fierce Knight and Kuriboh.

In the manga, in order to ritual summon Black Luster Soldier, you needed to use Gaia as part of the tribute.

Fj0823

The archtype is completely new and hasn't been released in the TCG-

And as others have said, Kuriboh and Gaia are the monsters Yugi used fot the ritual summon

Fj0823

Hey guys, this game convinced me to pick up some cards again for the first time in years. To my surprise, Amazon has some solid deals for getting a bunch of viable cards into deck form very quickly at a very cheap price: Battle Pack 3

I'm going to be splitting this box with a friend of mine who also used to play, and the low price has also made me want to pick up something else to supplement what I get out of it, since I expect my friend to start mixing in some of his old collection after a few rounds(I lost my old cards while moving).

If I'm willing to spend up to $60 to buy a large amount of cards, what would you guys recommend I get? I'm willing to buy more than one box of whatever so long as the price stays under or close to 60.

Buy these, good fun, good synchros

If you want a good booster box

OmegaDL50

What's important is being able to quickly and reliably summon your powerful monsters, while also having ways to deal with your opponents strategies

I considered putting a Montage Dragon in my Dragon deck. Since the general strategy my BEWD deck employs is summoning and sending them to the graveyard compounded with two level modifier monsters notably Delta Flyer and Bright Star Dragon, I mainly use them to bring out different Synchro Monsters based on the field situation and variables

I mean these are the 13 monsters in my Extra Deck

Xyz Monsters

1x Number 107: Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand

Synchro Monsters

1x Star Eater
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
2x Azure Eyes Silver Dragon
1x Stardust Spark Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

Probably should fill the last two Extra Deck slots now that I think about it.

But in any case, Having BEWDs in my hand and a Montage Dragon ready summon could give the opportunity to have a 7200 ATK Monster on the field possibly and with other cards such as Maiden with the Eyes of Blue and White Stone of Legend recover my BEWDs and effectively recycle them. This doesn't even factor cards like Azure Eyes or Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon which let me recover BEWD with their effects.

Sure having a 7200 ATK beatstick seems interesting, but it's probably a very situational thing and with my effect Synchros or Xyz they are probably better plays to use so I probably won't be adding Montage Dragon to my deck.

EMT0

Banned
Thanks for the help guys! I've looked at all of your recommendations and I think I've hit the optimal combo(to my tastes at least) for getting something playable out, fulfilling the nostalgia factor, and getting up to speed.

Duelist Alliance is in fact fairly pricey, although the archetypes in the deck seem cool. The Burning Abyss archetype actually looks to be right up my alley. But getting a structure deck is actually a very good suggestion; a lot of useful cards came from them back when I used to play. Namely, the old list of broken ass cards that are banned or severely limited nowadays which my friend probably has by the handful.

While that doesn't help me get a wide variety of cards in my hands, I have to do something else for that. I started looking into Battle Packs, booster sets, and buying a bunch of cards from Ebay. Out of all of those, another Battle Pack is probably the best choice as it gives me 180 cards of okay to great utility for about 22 cents a card. My luck with booster sets in the past has been nothing to write home about, while I'm not sure about Ebaying 'random' cards. Anyone have any good experiences buying random cards in bulk from individual resellers? Anyways, the Battle Pack 1 has cards that are more up my alley but it's more expensive and not Prime eligible so Battle Pack 2 it is. Onto picking structure decks.

I saw that there was an Agents deck and got giddy, because I'd actually been using one ingame and this seems like a good get. Looked around some more thinking of getting a more recent structure deck to mess with my friend, but then I saw a deal on the Realm of the Sea Emperor deck that came with 4 additional booster packs for $12 and was like "....yup. I'm buying that one", since the deck alone costs $10. Seeing that made me snoop around a bit, and sure enough the Agents deck also has a throw in of 5 booster packs for $6 more.

....I have no self control. I admit it. But that's okay. And to recap, here's the laundry list of things being bought:

-Battle Pack 3: To be split with my friend
-Battle Pack 2: Good cards and lots of em with a slice of nostalgia on the side
-Realm of the Sea Emperor + 4 Booster Packs: I like fishies
-Lost Sanctuary + 5 booster packs: I clearly have no self control

I also bought some sleeves and card sheets on the cheap to keep all this pristine. Thanks for the help GAF!

I considered putting a Montage Dragon in my Dragon deck. Since the general strategy my BEWD deck employs is summoning and sending them to the graveyard compounded with two level modifier monsters notably Delta Flyer and Bright Star Dragon, I mainly use them to bring out different Synchro Monsters based on the field situation and variables

I mean these are the 13 monsters in my Extra Deck

Xyz Monsters

1x Number 107: Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand

Synchro Monsters

1x Star Eater
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
2x Azure Eyes Silver Dragon
1x Stardust Spark Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

Probably should fill the last two Extra Deck slots now that I think about it.

But in any case, Having BEWDs in my hand and a Montage Dragon ready summon could give the opportunity to have a 7200 ATK Monster on the field possibly and with other cards such as Maiden with the Eyes of Blue and White Stone of Legend recover my BEWDs and effectively recycle them. This doesn't even factor cards like Azure Eyes or Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon which let me recover BEWD with their effects.

Sure having a 7200 ATK beatstick seems interesting, but it's probably a very situational thing and with my effect Synchros or Xyz they are probably better plays to use so I probably won't be adding Montage Dragon to my deck.
Yeah, I'd say a good effect is generally way more worth it than a super high attack, especially if that attack is very situational. But obviously what constitutes as a good effect can also vary based on stats. Piercing damage can be super helpful, but it's obviously worthless on a monster with a shitty attack value. And some monster effects would be very useful, but are hard to set up since the monster has shitty attack (and sometimes even shitty defense as well), so you either need to set them and hope your opponent attacks with a monster that can't destroy it first, use some sort of stall card to wait a turn, or just hope some other stronger monster on your field will discourage them from attacking even though they could beat it. All of these have risks though, and that makes it hard to use many cards like that. Many cards would be so much more useful if you could summon them in face up defense position LOL

RE_Player

Played 15 matches online with my very very early Geargia deck... I won all 15 matches. I know I'm not that good, are the majority of online players not that great?

Anyone have a good Six Samurai deck i could use in this?

My current build, take out the *** cards if you want to get closer to 40.
Add 3x Gateway of the Six Samurai (banned) for single player.
Would Play Six Samurai United at 3 if I had a third one, and mind crush you probably don't need cause most online players aren't very good.

Monster:
2x Elder of the Six Samurai
1x Enishi, Shien Chancellor***
1x Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
3x Kagemusha of the Six Samurai
2x Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi
2x Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki
3x Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
1x Spirit of the Six Samurai***
1x Legendary Six Samurai - Irou
1x The Six Samurai - Zanji

Spell:
1x Asceticism of the Six Samurai
1x Book of Moon
1x Fissure***
1x Raigeki
3x Reinforcement of the Army
3x Shien Smoke Signal
2x Six Samurai United
1x Soul Charge

Trap:
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Dimensional Prison
2x Double Edge Sword Technique
3x Fiendish Chain
1x Mind Crush
2x Mirror Force
1x Musakani Magtama
1x Safe Zone
1x Solemn Warning
1x Vanity's Emptiness

Extra:
1x Armades, Keeper of Boundarties
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Legendary Six Samurai - Shi'En
1x Naturia Barkion
1x Naturia Beast
1x Scarred Warrior
1x Castle, The Skyblaster Musketeer
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Heroic Charmpion - Excalibur
1x Number 101

Side:
3x MST, 1 Sword of Revealing Light, 2 Breakthrough Skill, 1 Compulse, 1 Dimensional Prison, 1 Mirror Force, 1 Rivalry of Warlords, 2 Maxx "C"\

Played 15 matches online with my very very early Geargia deck... I won all 15 matches. I know I'm not that good, are the majority of online players not that great?

Depends on the time of day and whether or not you're playing ranked.
There are a lot of players with really stupid decks or people running old nostalgia decks in non-ranked.

Boogiepop

Try skimming down to one copy of each Exodia piece, it cuts down on pointless draws (Multiples of Exodia you don't need for example)

Pot of Duality can only used for one turn and on that one turn only so having multiples of them on a single turn is just an extra card in your hand you cannot even use.

Replace it for Allure of Darkness instead. (Banish one dark monster and get two cards, since every monster in the deck I recommend is Dark it's basically getting two extra draws)

This is what I use.

1x Left Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Right Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Left Leg of the Forbidden One
1x Right Left of the of the Forbidden One
1x Exodia the Forbidden One
2x Makyura the Destructor = allows traps to be used on the turn it's sent to the graveyard. Also fuel for Allure of Darkness
2x Armageddon Knight = Allows you to send a Dark Monster to the Graveyard from your Deck, For Makyura's Effect, it's a Dark Monster so Allure of Darkness Fuel
3x Sangan = Dark Monster that when sent from the field to the graveyard to grab an Exodia Piece
3x Witch of the Black Forest = Dark Monster when sent to the field to the graveyard to grab an Exodia Piece

Traps / Spells
3x Pot of Greed = draw 2 cards
3x Graceful Charity = draw 3 cards, discard 2 cards
3x Jar of Greed = draw 1 card
2x Allure of Darkness = Draw 2 Cards Banish one Dark Monster (Sangan and Witch used as fuel for this effect)
3x Good Goblin Housekeeping = Draw 1 card times number of Good Goblin Housekeeping in your graveyard, send one card back to your deck.
3x Upstart Goblin = draw 1 card, opponent gains 1000 LP
2x Dark World Dealings = Draw one card, discard one card
3x Reckless Greed = draw 2 cards skip your draw phase
3x Legacy of Yata Garasu = draw 1 card

Basically the idea is the get Makyura into the Graveyard either by the effect of Armageddon Knight, Graceful Charity, or Dark World Dealings. And just never stop drawing cards until you have your 5 Exodia Pieces and win.

In the case you don't have any draw cards, and just have Sangan or Witch in your hand, put them down in defense mode, they get destroyed, you get a free Exodia piece. Generally a duel should end on first round, second round at worst.

Makyura's useful in that once he's sent to the graveyard you can then use Trap Cards as if they were like spells. So instantly using Reckless Greed, Jar of Greed, Legacy of Yata, and Good Goblin Housekeeping are just extra draw attempts to pull your deck out as quickly as possible and get your Exodia pieces into your hand.

Trying to make this. Any idea where I should be getting these cards from? Already mined out the Seeker challenge.

Edit: And the normal Seeker from the campaign as well.
Edit x2: Looks like I'm looking for Armageddon Knight, Makyura the Destructor, Jar of Greed (missing 1), Allure of Darkness (missing 1), Dark World Dealings, and Legacy of Yata Garasu (missing 1). Also, only got one Witch of the Black Forest by dumping a ton of cash at Bakura packs, so a quicker means of getting that would be cool too...

OmegaDL50

Trying to make this. Any idea where I should be getting these cards from? Already mined out the Seeker challenge.

Edit: And the normal Seeker from the campaign as well.
Edit x2: Looks like I'm looking for Armageddon Knight, Makyura the Destructor, Jar of Greed (missing 1), Allure of Darkness (missing 1), Dark World Dealings, and Legacy of Yata Garasu (missing 1). Also, only got one Witch of the Black Forest by dumping a ton of cash at Bakura packs, so a quicker means of getting that would be cool too...

I actually modified my deck, slightly. I removed one of the Dark Monsters (Sangan) and put a Magical Mallet in it's place. I have found it lets me "reboot" my entire hand if I get a bunch of dead draws for example.

I don't have any Legacy of Yata-Garasu yet either, for now I'm using Magician of Faith as a placeholder

Here is a quick video I uploaded that shows how this specific Exodia deck works.
http://youtu.be/L6vPM9V6EvI

For most of the cards I use in the broken Exodia deck are as follows

Jar of Greed = Joey's Booster pack
Sangan = Bakura Booster
Armageddon Knight = Jesse Anderson Booster (it's rare)
Allure of Darkness = Jesse Anderson Booster
Dark World Dealings = Bastion Booster
Reckless Greed, Graceful Charity, Makyura the Destructor, Witch of the Black Forest = Battle Pack: Epic Dawn in Draft Mode (Even if you lose a Draft Duel you still keep the cards you bought)

I don't have any Legacy of Yata, so if you could tell me where you got those it would be great and I can finally finish this deck to perfection.

Boogiepop

I actually modified my deck, slightly. I removed one of the Dark Monsters (Sangan) and put a Magical Mallet in it's place. I have found it lets me "reboot" my entire hand if I get a bunch of dead draws for example.

I don't have any Legacy of Yata-Garasu yet either, for now I'm using Magician of Faith as a placeholder

Here is a quick video I uploaded that shows how this specific Exodia deck works.
http://youtu.be/L6vPM9V6EvI

For most of the cards I use in the broken Exodia deck are as follows

Jar of Greed = Joey's Booster pack
Sangan = Bakura Booster
Armageddon Knight = Jesse Anderson Booster (it's rare)
Allure of Darkness = Jesse Anderson Booster
Dark World Dealings = Bastion Booster
Reckless Greed, Graceful Charity, Makyura the Destructor, Witch of the Black Forest = Battle Pack: Epic Dawn in Draft Mode (Even if you lose a Draft Duel you still keep the cards you bought)

I don't have any Legacy of Yata, so if you could tell me where you got those it would be great and I can finally finish this deck to perfection.
Thanks a ton! And sorry, those must've come from my random pack purchases I did before I started paying attention to any specific cards, so I unfortunately am not sure either. Would be great if there was a way to check in game!

Stuart444

I still say this card is pretty amazing, especially against high attack monsters. If you have this and use it against said high attack monster while waiting for another magic/trap (like Mirror Force) to counter.

Sucks when it gets destroyed mind but until then, it's so good. Unlimited uses (apart from cards that aren't affected by trap cards) until it gets destroyed.

Saved me a lot during 5Ds campaign.

Is there any point in not maxing out your extra deck? I guess maybe if you're using that one archetype that penalizes you for having anything there, but other than that, I can't see a single reason. It's not like the main deck where having more cards makes it harder to get the ones you want at the right time

No love for this fine fellow?

Well consider my current monster lineup:

2x Elder of the Six Samurai - synchro mat.
1x Enishi, Shien Chancellor*** - Already at 2200 ATK
1x Grandmaster of the Six Samurai - Already at 2100 ATK
3x Kagemusha of the Six Samurai - Tuner
2x Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi - ATK->2200 when 2 other six sam on the field.
2x Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki - synchro mat/atk->1700 when 1 other six sam on field
3x Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan - ATK->2100 when 2 other six sam on the field
1x Spirit of the Six Samurai*** - emergency equip/shien protect
1x Legendary Six Samurai - Irou - ant-flip
1x The Six Samurai - Zanji - sacraficial bouncer/ ATK doesn't matter much

Shadow Shien's "raise everyone to 2000 ATK" just isn't that useful in this deck.

Is there any point in not maxing out your extra deck? I guess maybe if you're using that one archetype that penalizes you for having anything there, but other than that, I can't see a single reason. It's not like the main deck where having more cards makes it harder to get the ones you want at the right time

To remind myself that I need to get the extra slots filled lol.
Sometimes I put in fillers in the extra deck and then forget which one isn't needed.

kng3025

Hey guys, got the game recently and have been enjoying the hell out of it. My brother also has it so we've been dueling a lot. One question though, it seems like only one of us can use a deck with restricted/limited cards at a time, while the cannot while dueling online. Is this some kind of glitch or am I missing something?

Hey guys, got the game recently and have been enjoying the hell out of it. My brother also has it so we've been dueling a lot. One question though, it seems like only one of us can use a deck with restricted/limited cards at a time, while the cannot while dueling online. Is this some kind of glitch or am I missing something?
This is how it's been for me. If you're playing Ranked, you can NOT use banned cards. If you're playing with a friend you invited, banned cards are fine.

Miracle

Have they announced any potential DLC for the game? Because I can't wait to see this card in the game.

ChickenGame-CORE-EN-SP-1E.png

This card is hilarious in Exodia FTK that I tried with on Dueling Network.

Kouriozan

Have they announced any potential DLC for the game? Because I can't wait to see this card in the game.

ChickenGame-CORE-EN-SP-1E.png

This card is hilarious in Exodia FTK that I tried with on Dueling Network.

They need to release a "game as a service" Yu-Gi-Oh! once per gen and update it (= add new cards) every 6 months or 1 year with paid DLC/season passes.

Has anyone used "Re-Fusion"? I just can't activate it...

What monster were you trying to summon? A lot of fusion monsters have a condition where they "Must be fusion summoned and can not be special summoned any other way" so I imagine any monsters like that would be impossible to call with refusion

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Are Six Samurai cards only found in Tetsu's pack in the shop and his challenge duel?

I spent a lot of DP on his packs and I am still missing a lot of Six Samurai Cards

Are Six Samurai cards only found in Tetsu's pack in the shop and his challenge duel?

I spent a lot of DP on his packs and I am still missing a lot of Six Samurai Cards

You also have to do his challenge mission, which rewards you with 3 six samurai cards from his challenge deck.

Is a Magician-themed deck viable with everything else currently in the game?

A lot of the seemingly cool spellcaster cards I can pull from the Yugi booster pack are cards I recognize from like... 8 years ago or something, so I have no idea if they're effectively unusable with all the other cards and mechanics that were added afterwards. Are there newer cards that help pull those older cards and spell counter mechanics forward in competitiveness? I'm asking from a place of complete ignorance since I haven't kept up with the game in a loooooooong time.

WaLlbaNg

What monster were you trying to summon? A lot of fusion monsters have a condition where they "Must be fusion summoned and can not be special summoned any other way" so I imagine any monsters like that would be impossible to call with refusion

Ah thanks that was the problem. I still have to get to know all these cards I've never seen :)

Fj0823

Is a Magician-themed deck viable with everything else currently in the game?

A lot of the seemingly cool spellcaster cards I can pull from the Yugi booster pack are cards I recognize from like... 8 years ago or something, so I have no idea if they're effectively unusable with all the other cards and mechanics that were added afterwards. Are there newer cards that help pull those older cards and spell counter mechanics forward in competitiveness? I'm asking from a place of complete ignorance since I haven't kept up with the game in a loooooooong time.

Magician is now a Pendulum Archetype that supports the Odd-Eyes Dragons

a really good one at that. They have a card that allows you to search 2 magicians from your deck and you use the magicians to Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum summon dragons.

They come to the TCG in December

Top Bottom