• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Oh wow. Mind filling me in on a good Exodia deck to do this with?

EDIT: Found this vid of a broken Exodia deck. Looks easy enough to make. I'll give it a whirl

My current Exodia deck is:

Monsters:
3 x Sangan
2 x Emissary of the Afterlife
3 x Right Leg of the Forbidden One
3 x Right Arm of the Forbidden One
3 x Left Leg of the Forbidden One
3 x Left Arm of the Forbidden One
3 x Exodia the Forbidden One

Spells:
3 x Graceful Charity
3 x Pot of Greed
3 x Upstart Goblin
3 x Dark Hole
3 x Swords of Revealing Light
3 x Pot of Duality

Traps:
2 x Jar of Greed

It's not optimal but it gets the job done. I'll probably replace the Emissaries with Witch of the Black Forest at some point. I completely forgot about that card until I saw the deck in your link running it.

OmegaDL50

My current Exodia deck is:

Monsters:
3 x Sangan
2 x Emissary of the Afterlife
3 x Right Leg of the Forbidden One
3 x Right Arm of the Forbidden One
3 x Left Leg of the Forbidden One
3 x Left Arm of the Forbidden One
3 x Exodia the Forbidden One

Spells:
3 x Graceful Charity
3 x Pot of Greed
3 x Upstart Goblin
3 x Dark Hole
3 x Swords of Revealing Light
3 x Pot of Duality

Traps:
2 x Jar of Greed

It's not optimal but it gets the job done. I'll probably replace the Emissaries with Witch of the Black Forest at some point. I completely forgot about that card until I saw the deck in your link running it.

Try skimming down to one copy of each Exodia piece, it cuts down on pointless draws (Multiples of Exodia you don't need for example)

Pot of Duality can only used for one turn and on that one turn only so having multiples of them on a single turn is just an extra card in your hand you cannot even use.

Replace it for Allure of Darkness instead. (Banish one dark monster and get two cards, since every monster in the deck I recommend is Dark it's basically getting two extra draws)

This is what I use.

1x Left Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Right Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Left Leg of the Forbidden One
1x Right Left of the of the Forbidden One
1x Exodia the Forbidden One
2x Makyura the Destructor = allows traps to be used on the turn it's sent to the graveyard. Also fuel for Allure of Darkness
2x Armageddon Knight = Allows you to send a Dark Monster to the Graveyard from your Deck, For Makyura's Effect, it's a Dark Monster so Allure of Darkness Fuel
3x Sangan = Dark Monster that when sent from the field to the graveyard to grab an Exodia Piece
3x Witch of the Black Forest = Dark Monster when sent to the field to the graveyard to grab an Exodia Piece

Traps / Spells
3x Pot of Greed = draw 2 cards
3x Graceful Charity = draw 3 cards, discard 2 cards
3x Jar of Greed = draw 1 card
2x Allure of Darkness = Draw 2 Cards Banish one Dark Monster (Sangan and Witch used as fuel for this effect)
3x Good Goblin Housekeeping = Draw 1 card times number of Good Goblin Housekeeping in your graveyard, send one card back to your deck.
3x Upstart Goblin = draw 1 card, opponent gains 1000 LP
2x Dark World Dealings = Draw one card, discard one card
3x Reckless Greed = draw 2 cards skip your draw phase
3x Legacy of Yata Garasu = draw 1 card

Basically the idea is the get Makyura into the Graveyard either by the effect of Armageddon Knight, Graceful Charity, or Dark World Dealings. And just never stop drawing cards until you have your 5 Exodia Pieces and win.

In the case you don't have any draw cards, and just have Sangan or Witch in your hand, put them down in defense mode, they get destroyed, you get a free Exodia piece. Generally a duel should end on first round, second round at worst.

Makyura's useful in that once he's sent to the graveyard you can then use Trap Cards as if they were like spells. So instantly using Reckless Greed, Jar of Greed, Legacy of Yata, and Good Goblin Housekeeping are just extra draw attempts to pull your deck out as quickly as possible and get your Exodia pieces into your hand.

Try skimming down to one copy of each Exodia piece, it cuts down on pointless draws (Multiples of Exodia you don't need for example)

Pot of Duality can only used for one turn and on that one turn only so having multiples of them on a single turn is just an extra card in your hand you cannot even use.

Replace it for Allure of Darkness instead. (Banish one dark monster and get two cards, since every monster in the deck I recommend is Dark it's basically getting two extra draws)

This is what I use.

1x Left Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Right Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Left Leg of the Forbidden One
1x Right Left of the of the Forbidden One
1x Exodia the Forbidden One
2x Makyura the Destructor = allows traps to be used on the turn it's sent to the graveyard. Also fuel for Allure of Darkness
2x Armageddon Knight = Allows you to send a Dark Monster to the Graveyard from your Deck, For Makyura's Effect, it's a Dark Monster so Allure of Darkness Fuel
3x Sangan = Dark Monster that when sent from the field to the graveyard to grab an Exodia Piece
3x Witch of the Black Forest = Dark Monster when sent to the field to the graveyard to grab an Exodia Piece

Traps / Spells
3x Pot of Greed = draw 2 cards
3x Graceful Charity = draw 3 cards, discard 2 cards
3x Jar of Greed = draw 1 card
2x Allure of Darkness = Draw 2 Cards Banish one Dark Monster (Sangan and Witch used as fuel for this effect)
3x Good Goblin Housekeeping = Draw 1 card times number of Good Goblin Housekeeping in your graveyard, send one card back to your deck.
3x Upstart Goblin = draw 1 card, opponent gains 1000 LP
2x Dark World Dealings = Draw one card, discard one card
3x Reckless Greed = draw 2 cards skip your draw phase
3x Legacy of Yata Garasu = draw 1 card

Basically the idea is the get Makyura into the Graveyard either by the effect of Armageddon Knight, Graceful Charity, or Dark World Dealings. And just never stop drawing cards until you have your 5 Exodia Pieces and win.

In the case you don't have any draw cards, and just have Sangan or Witch in your hand, put them down in defense mode, they get destroyed, you get a free Exodia piece. Generally a duel should end on first round, second round at worst.

Makyura's useful in that once he's sent to the graveyard you can then use Trap Cards as if they were like spells. So instantly using Reckless Greed, Jar of Greed, Legacy of Yata, and Good Goblin Housekeeping are just extra draw attempts to pull your deck out as quickly as possible and get your Exodia pieces into your hand.

Thanks for the write up, I'll certainly try out all of this at some point.

OmegaDL50

Thanks for the write up, I'll certainly try out all of this at some point.

I actually modified my deck, slightly. I removed one of the Dark Monsters (Sangan) and put a Magical Mallet in it's place. I have found it lets me "reboot" my entire hand if I get a bunch of dead draws for example.

I don't have any Legacy of Yata-Garasu yet either, for now I'm using Magician of Faith as a placeholder

Here is a quick video I uploaded that shows how this specific Exodia deck works.
http://youtu.be/L6vPM9V6EvI

On to GustyGardner's point, is a Normal deck still a thing? Like, low level strong normal monsters, and support with Justi-Break and stuff

I have a stall-n-tribute deck with no extra deck just for fun. Managed to beat a burning abyss player the other day out of pure draw luck lol. Would not recommend though.

Just got some Nekroz cards. Yeah I can see how these can get kinda insane.

Still, I'm finding it hard to figure out what kind of deck suits me. I like sadistic powerhouses. Like how playing a Black deck would be in MTG.

The about YGO that gets me is how there's limits to how many monsters you have on the field. I remember having like 30 monsters in a MTG duel lol.

Try qliphort, heroes, monarch, six samurai, blackwing

Probably avoid burning abyss, shaddoll.

Fj0823

If you're running exodia, you need to give "One Day of Peace" a chance.

Its limited because of its use in exodia decks (amongst other reasons)

Afrocious

Which duelists give out Exodia stuff I could use to make a OP single player deck? I imagine Yugi, Seeker, Grandpa BP, and Seeker challenge, right?

Afrocious

I have a stall-n-tribute deck with no extra deck just for fun. Managed to beat a burning abyss player the other day out of pure draw luck lol. Would not recommend though.

Try qliphort, heroes, monarch, six samurai, blackwing

Probably avoid burning abyss, shaddoll.

You think those will suit my preferred playstyle? Cool. I'll check them out.

So this is my IRL Synchro deck (pre-Synchron Extreme), was sharing and also wondering if all these cards are indeed in the game? If it goes up to The Secret Forces then it should be.

(Are Noble Knights and X-Sabers in as well?)

Monsters
3 x Junk Synchron
3 x Quickdraw Synchron
2 x Unknown Synchron
1 x Debris Dragon
1 x Glow-Up Bulb
1 x Spore
2 x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
3 x Level Eater
2 x Lonefire Blossom
3 x Doppelwarrior
1 x Dandylion
1 x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Spells
3 x Tuning
3 x Reinforcement of the Army
3 x Mystical Space Typhoon
2 x Charge of the Light Brigade
1 x Book of Moon
1 x One for One
1 x Soul Charge
1 x Foolish Burial

Traps
3 x Call of the Haunted

Extra Deck
3 x Formula Synchron
1 x Mist Bird Clausolas
1 x Phonon Pulse Dragon
1 x Junk Warrior
1 x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1 x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 x Drill Warrior
1 x Black Rose Dragon (plan to swap out for 1 x Clear Wing Synchro Dragon)
1 x Scrap Dragon
1 x Road Warrior
1 x Shooting Star Dragon (plan to swap out for 1 x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier)
1 x Shooting Quasar Dragon

If you're running exodia, you need to give "One Day of Peace" a chance.

Its limited because of its use in exodia decks (amongst other reasons)

Any idea which packs or duelist challenges I can find this card in?

Which duelists give out Exodia stuff I could use to make a OP single player deck? I imagine Yugi, Seeker, Grandpa BP, and Seeker challenge, right?

You only need Seeker and his challenge for the basic cards that I listed in my deck list with the exception of Sangan who is found in some Yugi decks (early on in duelist kingdom, not sure which exactly.)

You think those will suit my preferred playstyle? Cool. I'll check them out.

Yep.

The question you have to ask is if you want a beatdown deck based around swarming the field with monsters or just having 1 or 2 super powerful monsters.

Qliphort can do both, and as fj0823 said apoqliphort tower is quite powerful if you want a tower focused deck.

Boogiepop

Btw, what's the quickest way to "save" the game and avoid losing pack opening?

Edit: Also, beat the 5Ds part of the story. That felt a little... abrupt post signers stuff. Was there a good bit they just didn't put in there? They were just kind of like "okay, one quick tournament with like no plot until the very, very end".

And started the Zexal campaign. Let me just say, I really wish they were a LITTLE more lenient on letting you back out of moves. I accidentally activated Utopia's effect on the Flip duel on my own attack, and it wouldn't let me cancel it, which made the duel go on like 10+ turns longer than it needed too. Whoops!

Oh, and out of the usable competitive decks, which ones are particularly fast at going for a quick kill? I was thinking I want to build a custom deck for tackling the single player stuff outside of the main campaign, and obviously speed would be nice for that. Of course I'm sure I'll eventually make a cheap Exodia deck for grinding and/or a "screw this" nuke button on annoying duels, but I feel like I want something a little more "legitimate" as well.

Btw, what's the quickest way to "save" the game and avoid losing pack opening?

Edit: Also, beat the 5Ds part of the story. That felt a little... abrupt post signers stuff. Was there a good bit they just didn't put in there? They were just kind of like "okay, one quick tournament with like no plot until the very, very end".

And started the Zexal campaign. Let me just say, I really wish they were a LITTLE more lenient on letting you back out of moves. I accidentally activated Utopia's effect on the Flip duel on my own attack, and it wouldn't let me cancel it, which made the duel go on like 10+ turns longer than it needed too. Whoops!

Oh, and out of the usable competitive decks, which ones are particularly fast at going for a quick kill? I was thinking I want to build a custom deck for tackling the single player stuff outside of the main campaign, and obviously speed would be nice for that. Of course I'm sure I'll eventually make a cheap Exodia deck for grinding and/or a "screw this" nuke button on annoying duels, but I feel like I want something a little more "legitimate" as well.
Yeah there was extra stuff in 5Ds. The tournament was actually being run by the villains to help provide energy for their plans or something like that (The d-wheels in 5ds had a built in generator, so it does make more sense in context)

I have a few questions about the game:

1)Is there a single player campaign?
2) How is the online - doe sit take time to find oponnents?
3) Does it include every yu-gi-oh card ever made?
4) Is it possible to get all the cards without buying DLCs\paying money?

Kouriozan

Yeah they are probably keeping the Cookmates/Performages for their next game, I think I'll wait for a sale before buying ARC-V DLC, I wanted a real campaign (even season 1 only) and not about like the first 12 episodes and missing the very important Akaba Declan (Reiji) fight.

Stuart444

So today I ended up buying a Yuya + Declan starter deck including the Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which i only just learned about because of recent posts >.>

My first YGO cards purchase in years. Thank you game + thread :p

Thud

So today I ended up buying a Yuya + Declan starter deck including the Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon which i only just learned about because of recent posts >.>

It looked a bit tame when I looked at the cards, but heey good for you.

Maybe I'll go for the blue eyes deck. I don't have anyone to play against tho :(

I wish I could play this game, making due with other yugi games. Watching Arc V gave me a bit of a yugioh craze.

Fj0823

I don't want to be a dick. But you bought the worst starter decks in the last years. ):

The past starter came with 2 Pendulum Monsters, a pretty good new spell an Ultra Rare Dark Hole, an Ultra Rare Dragon, and 2 mini booster packs with super rare staples

The ones before that one came with 5 foiled Xyz monsters, one of them being a staple card in many decks.

this one just have a couple shatterfoil staples and 2 hard to summon dragons with effects not really worth of how hard they are to summon ):

It is however, a great place to learn the basics, Ill give it that.

StrikerD

Not sure why I haven't posted just been consistently lurking in this thread as I've recently picked this game up, finding it a lot of fun, made a load of random deck types, none particularly well made but I'm not super bothered about exact recipes.

The only real thing i struggle with is making an effective deck without staring at random cards for hours and without copying one online.

GT is StrikerD93 for anyone on XB1 who needs more yugioh buddies and i'll be down for an XB1 tourney if enough of us emerge from the woodwork.

Stuart444

I don't want to be a dick. But you bought the worst starter decks in the last years.

Not sure about worst but I was well aware they weren't the best. I just figured it'd be cool to get some new cards :p.*

also bought 4 cheap boosters (2 split between me and my SO) and got two pendulums from them while she got a Pendulum and a Xyz. (just put the cards away for now so I don't have the names on hand)

Combined with the cards I had from years ago, I could probably make an alright deck (though I don't have enough fusions/Synchro/etc to make a competitive deck or anything lol).

Also I always love when I see cards I'm using in Legacy like Mirror Force/Dust Tornado/Space Typhoon, etc

*Plus it was a spur of the moment purchase while we were out doing some errands XD.

Fj0823

ARC-V dlc is up or something, is there SORA?deck and cards?

Yes, you can buy "Sora vs Dipper (Hokuto)" to get Frightfur and Constellar

"Yuto Vs Sylvio (Sawatari)" gets you TellarKnight and Yosenju

"Zuzu (Yuzu) vs Julia
(Masumi)" nets you Gem Knights

$3.99, Ill edit OP soon

I am so mad they changed Yuzu's name, she's a "Yu" because she's a female main that actually does shit and helps his male counterpart in meaningful non cheerleader ways

Yes, you can buy "Sora vs Dipper (Hokuto)" to get Frightfur and Constellar

"Yuto Vs Sylvio (Sawatari)" gets you TellarKnight and Yosenju

"Zuzu (Yuzu) vs Julia
(Masumi)" nets you Gem Knights

$3.99, Ill edit OP soon

I am so mad they changed Yuzu's name, she's a "Yu" because she's a female main that actually does shit and helps his male counterpart in meaningful non cheerleader ways

Ew thats Sawatari's name change?! Depressing hes one of the best characters.
CNL8MmQWUAADjsj.jpg

Kouriozan

Cookmates do not exist on the game, not even in Japan
I see what's they are trying to do, following the localized anime (ARC-V is near episode 14 in French, just after Akaba's duel), so everything after (
the quizz/gourmet/divination/Maiami cup
) would likely be in a new, probably ARC-V centric game.
I'm afraid of name change too, for me Yuzu will always be Yuzu, kinda OK with Sawatori's new name but will kill some funny situation in the anime.
At least Sora keeps his name, unlike Aqua in Fire Emblem :p

Fj0823

I see what's they are trying to do, following the localized anime (ARC-V is near episode 14 in French, just after Akaba's duel), so everything after (
the quizz/gourmet/divination/Maiami cup
) would likely be in a new, probably ARC-V centric game.
I'm afraid of name change too, for me Yuzu will always be Yuzu, kinda OK with Sawatori's new name but will kill some funny situation in the anime.
At least Sora keeps his name, unlike Aqua in Fire Emblem :p

No, I mean cookmates are not OCG or TCG cards, they're an anime-only archetype. Like Tomatoes or Armors or Fairy Tales

Akai__

So, those Exodia decks posted above. How can you have for example "Pot of Greed" in your deck? Isn't it banned, because I certainly can't use any decks that have that card included in SP.

Afrocious

So for Qliphort, all the monsters are kinda expensive to summon, but I also notice they're all pendulum cards. From what I've read in this thread, there's little Pendulum support in this game, right? How's Qliphort decks in this game?

So, those Exodia decks posted above. How can you have for example "Pot of Greed" in your deck? Isn't it banned, because I certainly can't use any decks that have that card included in SP.

In SP, restrictions don't matter. You can run with 3 Pot of Greeds with no issue.

Akai__

In SP, restrictions don't matter. You can run with 3 Pot of Greeds with no issue.

I certainly can't. When given the option User Deck and I select it, I can only select from the ones that don't have banned cards. All I see on there are premade decks.

Top Bottom