• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Magician is now a Pendulum Archetype that supports the Odd-Eyes Dragons

a really good one at that. They have a card that allows you to search 2 magicians from your deck and you use the magicians to Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum summon dragons.

They come to the TCG in December

Are most of the newer cards for that implemented in this game?

Reading this OT has gotten me in the mood to watch Yu-Gi-Oh again. Which is the best series? I haven't watched anything but the original

The game also made me interested in watching Yugioh again. I hadn't seen anything past the original series but decided to give 5Ds a watch and I'm currently loving it. You should definitely check it out if you liked the original series.

The game also made me interested in watching Yugioh again. I hadn't seen anything past the original series but decided to give 5Ds a watch and I'm currently loving it. You should definitely check it out if you liked the original series.

I'll give 5ds a shot. I have no idea what you guys are talking about with XYZ summoning etc.

I'll brave the game once I'm done with the series

Fj0823

I'll give 5ds a shot. I have no idea what you guys are talking about with XYZ summoning etc.

I'll brave the game once I'm done with the series

Arc V does a tutorial of all summons on the first arc, you should watch that one if you want to catch up

5ds only covers Synchro summon

Kouriozan

Top tier
5Ds
ArcV

Good Tier
Original

Crap tier
Zexal

Awful Tier
Gx

I can only agree with this, GX gave us nothing new, Zexal is just boring and only the Xyz were interesting, didn't know anything about the Barian thing before this game, hahaha.
The others are just very good to must watch :)

Fj0823

I can only agree with this, GX gave us nothing new, Zexal is just boring and only the Xyz were interesting, didn't know anything about the Barian thing before this game, hahaha.
The others are just very good to must watch :)

Gx dared to imply Jaden was the same level as Yugi, that alone is an unforgivable sin

Manga Jaden can one-shot Yugi though, but Manga Jaden is totes different character

HabeeNo

Probably asked by someone already, but who drops Summoner Monk? If someone on the Duelist Challenge has it, please let me know :D

Boogiepop

So just to confirm, in draft play there's no drawback to backing out right away, outside of getting less points, yeah? Also, are there "rare" cards in those packs, and if so is there a good list or anything, so I don't unintentionally ignore them while picking?

ST2K

Question: Could I just play single player endlessly and only face opponents from the original series, effectively eliminating Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulum mechanics from my game?

Also worth noting that while still good, 5Ds has a noticeable quality drop after the first major arc
with the dark signers

psh as far as I'm concerned the anime finished after the dark signers. 5Ds is awesome

Also Arc-V kid is the God of Games(aka the God of Cheating). my mans pulled a new summoning method out of his ass mid duel and changed his entire hand, lets see Yugi try doing that.

psh as far as I'm concerned the anime finished after the dark signers. 5Ds is awesome

Also Arc-V kid is the God of Games(aka the God of Cheating). my mans shoved a new summoning method out of his ass mid duel and changed his entire hand, lets see Yugi try doing that.

I mean yeah, but it only happened one time, and he didn't do it on purpose. Plus pretty much every fucking yugioh protagonist has cheated at some point, lets be honest

EMT0

Banned
Speaking as someone that dropped Yugioh years ago, I thought the original was neat, GX was passable to good but I stopped watching it actively towards the end. Next time someone brought up Yugioh to me they were in 5Ds, and they told me it was Yugioh on motorcycles. The premise alone made me

471.gif

On out and figure that I'd outgrown Yugioh. But nostalgia's a hell of a drug. Doesn't hurt that the game itself is still fairly fun and not quite 'The richest player wins' anymore.

Speaking as someone that dropped Yugioh years ago, I thought the original was neat, GX was passable to good but I stopped watching it actively towards the end. Next time someone brought up Yugioh to me they were in 5Ds, and they told me it was Yugioh on motorcycles. The premise alone made me

471.gif

On out and figure that I'd outgrown Yugioh. But nostalgia's a hell of a drug. Doesn't hurt that the game itself is still fairly fun and not quite 'The richest player wins' anymore.

5Ds premise sounds ridiculously stupid, but it actually works really well.

Fj0823

not at the scale of the God of Games.

only good thing to come out of Zexal is the xyz summoning.

To be really fair, ArcV spoilers:
Yuya has had his ass handed to him in spectacular fashions. That's what makes Yuya a better protagonist as he doesn't get an excuse like Yugi or Yusei, he got destroyed by
Jack, Yuzu, Reiji (twice)
and we actually get some dialogue of him thinking on where he misplayed and adjusting his deck accordingly

Also, Zexal giving Yuma the "if you lose, Astral dies" plot armor day 1 was fucking idiotic, not a single duel of anyone not named Kaito (My man) had any tension.

Riding duel is a sport to give the audiences more exciting duels and to challenge the players more. The story is not "Yugioh Kart", first arc deals with some serious social commentary stuff, second season is GOAT ancient Inca magic warrior dueling against each other,and third season was kinda ruined by a scandal that forced writers to change the story, but still it managed to give us some amazing moments, like the Shooting Star Dragon Summon scene.

It's really, really good.

To be really fair, Yuya has had his ass handed to him in spectacular fashions. That's what makes Yuya a better protagonist he doesn't get an excuse like Yugi or Yusei, he got destroyed by
and we actually get some dialogue of him thinking on where he misplayed and adjusting his deck accordingly

Also, Zexalgiving Yuma the "if you lose, Astral dies" plot armor was fucking idiotic, not a single duel of anyone not named Kaito (My man) had any tension.

Can we really count Yuzu? I mean, he lost, yeah, but he was also dicking around and purposefully trying to get himself into a risky situation because he still didn't understand how to pendulum summon properly at that point

To be really fair, Yuya has had his ass handed to him in spectacular fashions. That's what makes Yuya a better protagonist he doesn't get an excuse like Yugi or Yusei, he got destroyed by

Also, Zexal giving Yuma the "if you lose, Astral dies" plot armor day 1 was fucking idiotic, not a single duel of anyone not named Kaito (My man) had any tension.

im not that far(only up to ep 5) but in his defense, no one wants to see the God of Games win every single match, it makes for a boring show, just like what you said with zexal. Also, cmon, can't have the God of Games beat Jack, I don't care if he is God, 5Ds is the best.

im not that far(only up to ep 5) but in his defense, no one wants to see the God of Games win every single match, it makes for a boring show, just like what you said with zexal. Also, cmon, can't have the God of Games beat Jack, I don't care if he is God, 5Ds is the best.

He lost, but it's pretty obvious he'll beat Jack by the end of the current arc after learning synchro summoning (the one summoning method he's never used besides ritual)

He lost, but it's pretty obvious he'll beat Jack by the end of the current arc after learning synchro summoning (the one summoning method he's never used besides ritual)

what?! fuck that noise, i hope the god of games spares Jack and everyone else in 5Ds, please oh mighty one, let 5Ds and the cast remain da best.

Fj0823

Of course, and that's a big flaw in both original and 5D's

YGO:
It's not my fault! Kaiba threatened to kill himself!
It's not my fault! The timer ran out, I was going to win!
It's not my fault! The Orichalcos took control of me!

5D's
Not my fault, D-Wheel malfunctioned!!
Machine Emperor is about to beat me....welp saved by the bell!

what?! fuck that noise, i
hope the god of games spares Jack and everyone else in 5Ds, please oh mighty one, let 5Ds and the cast remain da best

He lost waaaaaay too hard for him to spare him, maybe a draw.

YGO:

5D's

He lost waaaaaay to hard for him to spare him, maybe a draw.
I mean, I'd count the d-wheel breaking as a legitimate loss for Yusei, it's just actually losing there would've ended the series. It was pretty clear to everyone how that match would've ended.

what?! fuck that noise, i hope the god of games spares Jack and everyone else in 5Ds, please oh mighty one, let 5Ds and the cast remain da best.
Arc-v spoilers
I mean, Jack completely wrecked him in the first match, even after letting him show off by summoning two of his best monsters on his first turn

EMT0

Banned
Riding duel is a sport to give the audiences more exciting duels and to challenge the players more. The story is not "Yugioh Kart", first arc deals with some serious social commentary stuff, second season is GOAT ancient Inca magic warrior dueling against each other,and third season was kinda ruined by a scandal that forced writers to change the story, but still it managed to give us some amazing moments, like the Shooting Star Dragon Summon scene.

It's really, really good.

It still sounds nuts, but I've been meaning to watch it anyways as it'll be the closest thing I'll get to explaining how things changed over time since I stopped playing. I just need to get through what I'm currently watching; with Shippuden finally being over in the manga I figure by the time I get close to the end they'll finish the anime too. You guys saying it's good has got me tempted to put the breaks on Shippuden tho.

Last thing I remember is Elemental Heroes being an insane gimmick nobody sane would play seriously, the GX 'god trio' cards being released via booster pack, and that the winning decks were the ones that had a cookie cutter 20 or so cards that are almost entirely banned nowadays.

Sandfox

YGO:

5D's

Its made pretty clear in the original series that Kaiba lost that duel even if he got the star chips and in that filler Orichalcos duel Yugi lost due to a strategy his opponent used against him so it was a legit lost.

Fj0823

It still sounds nuts, but I've been meaning to watch it anyways as it'll be the closest thing I'll get to explaining how things changed over time since I stopped playing. I just need to get through what I'm currently watching; with Shippuden finally being over in the manga I figure by the time I get close to the end they'll finish the anime too. You guys saying it's good has got me tempted to put the breaks on Shippuden tho.

Last thing I remember is Elemental Heroes being an insane gimmick nobody sane would play seriously, the GX 'god trio' cards being released via booster pack, and that the winning decks were the ones that had a cookie cutter 20 or so cards that are almost entirely banned nowadays.

lol

Also, Hero Prinny,Aaron rules, we should spoiler tag those ARC-V spoilers for those watching the series.

EMT0

Banned

Yep. I've read up on how things changed. Oh how things have changed. Or rather, I've read up on how the things I remember have changed vis a vis other things. I still know all of nothing about nearly all of the archetypes out there, or what's considered good cards. I figure I'll pick it up as I go, but it makes me wish that the game had a 'shiny' factor for cards to help me pick things up faster and focus on specific cards to read up on. There's a looooot I missed.

if i was yugi i would've still beat kaiba. he's a punk bitch and he wasn't going to kill himself anyway, he was just bluffing cause hes a crybaby bitch.

d7vjaVjz.jpeg

Top Bottom