• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Also, how would people feel about starting this weekend? I feel like it's probably too soon, but on the other hand it's a long weekend in the US

RE_Player

Also, how would people feel about starting this weekend? I feel like it's probably too soon, but on the other hand it's a long weekend in the US
In my opinion too soon and it being a long weekend means me not playing as much PS4. Perhaps take names over the weekend though and set up brackets for those interested. Tournaments have people facing off at convenient times that match up so it will probably be easier to let it go throughout the week on people's own schedules.

If it does end up starting this coming Monday or Tuesday feel free to throw my name into the hat. I'll see if I can out up any prizes as well.

In my opinion too soon and it being a long weekend means me not playing as much PS4. Perhaps take names over the weekend though and set up brackets for those interested. Tournaments have people facing off at convenient times that match up so it will probably be easier to let it go throughout the week on people's own schedules.

If it does end up starting this coming Monday or Tuesday feel free to throw my name into the hat. I'll see if I can out up any prizes as well.

Ok. Yeah, It's probably too soon, and I guess some people travel over long weekends, so probably a bit later

Boogiepop

No problem!

Also, actually looking at cards while opening up packs endlessly... I paid enough attention to see that the Inzektor cards are totally Kamen Rider looking things! Unfortunately, though, a quick look at a tier list says they're not particularly great. That's a shame. May still try out a deck with them for fun somewhere down the line. Also, that got me thinking that I hadn't seen Tellarknights thanks to them being DLC and... darn it, they look neat. I maaaaay need to invest in that DLC.

Fj0823

No problem!

Also, actually looking at cards while opening up packs endlessly... I paid enough attention to see that the Inzektor cards are totally Kamen Rider looking things! Unfortunately, though, a quick look at a tier list says they're not particularly great. That's a shame. May still try out a deck with them for fun somewhere down the line. Also, that got me thinking that I hadn't seen Tellarknights thanks to them being DLC and... darn it, they look neat. I maaaaay need to invest in that DLC.

Inzektors single handledly broke the game back in 2012, they're not as hilariously broken since Inzektor Dragonfly and Inzektor Hornet got limited, before that....It was one of the most broken decks I've seen.

They can still royaly kick some ass, just not on the level they used to before they got phased out by the current mostly unregulated meta

Edit: Has anyone seen "Underground Arachnid"?

Is there any reason the game won't let me put my Timegazer Magician in the red pendulum zone? It lets me put the Stargazer in the blue one, but then the Timegazer can only be normal summoned :/

Edit: I think I figured it out. I thought the "can only be activated" applied to the effect itself, but that wouldn't really make any sense. Still getting used to the idea of pendulum monsters working as spell cards in that context.

Fj0823

Is there any reason the game won't let me put my Timegazer Magician in the red pendulum zone? It lets me put the Stargazer in the blue one, but then the Timegazer can only be normal summoned :/

TimeGazer Magician Pendulum Effect:

"You must control no monsters to activate this card. If a Pendulum Monster you control attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. Unless you have a "Magician" card or "Odd-Eyes" card in your other Pendulum Zone, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4."

Soon Dragonvein Magician and Dragonpit Magician will be part of the game, so you won't have to worry about Timegazer's restrictions lol....

No really, has anyone seen Underground Arachnid?

Can't find it!!!

I'm pretty sure Roman gives it in the 5Ds campaign for a quicker method of finding it.

macklelol

Are there any duelist challenge/campaign deck that has Machina Gearframe in them? Been opening packs for a while now and I still haven't got any.

EDIT: Of course, after I post this I get the Gearframes I need lol.

Fj0823

Played again on Dueling Netwrok today...man that was something

I have a hell of story though, Ill share tomorrow, as it was too good to be true and its late.

but Ive never seen a noob rage so hard. It was glorious

Fellows, stick to this game, way less headaches.

Sayah

I'm sticking with this game because I love the presentation (with the exception of some frame drops). Otherwise, I would be using YGoPro since it's practically the same thing but I don't play that as much since the menus and presentation overall is ugly.

Fj0823

Say, how about a character themed tournament?

We could all play anime decks with no staples only situational anime BS, sounds frustrating and awesome

Mario007

Just watching gx after the original series and its a huge let down. The sole focus ln jayden gets tiring as does the fact that his deck is pretty crappy and very polamorization heavy. Though I'm not very impressed with anyone's deck at the moment. The duels being one episode also sucks. I just finished the sacred beasts arc and the Egyptian god lite cards were pretty crappy after all the buildup.

Question is does the show get better or should i skip ahead to the next spin off?

Just watching gx after the original series and its a huge let down. The sole focus ln jayden gets tiring as does the fact that his deck is pretty crappy and very polamorization heavy. Though I'm not very impressed with anyone's deck at the moment. The duels being one episode also sucks. I just finished the sacred beasts arc and the Egyptian god lite cards were pretty crappy after all the buildup.

Question is does the show get better or should i skip ahead to the next spin off?

GX is one of the worse Yugioh series. 5Ds is honestly better than the original IMO, as is Arc-V. ZeXal is shit and not worth anyone's time

Fj0823

Skip that Crap. The good season 4 doesn't make up for how bad 1-3 are. Zexal is pretty bad too, but at least has better characters, a plot (a bad one but its there) and much better card designs. still very very shit.

5Ds and ArcV are considered by many to be superior to the original.

I'm one of those, 5Ds highs are higher and YGO's lows are way lower (Virtual arc lol), Also Arc-V's character development might be the best in the series

That said, if you watch either 5Ds or Arc V in English, you'll get a censored and altered piece of shit. Japanese is the only way with those.

EDIT: This is what happens when I go to the card store after a 5D's marathon lol
11953236_10207089994905276_998302897389999058_n.jpg

Unfortunately, no Stardust Dragon ):

Sold the only one I had a bout 3 weeks ago before my rewatch...fuck me

Mario007

Thanks guys I just don't get how they went from S5 of the original to the GX. Like they literally forgot everything that made the first series so good.

Would it be worth it to wacth S4 of GX since it was mentioned that that's good?

If not I'll skip to 5D's

Fj0823

Thanks guys I just don't get how they went from S5 of the original to the GX. Like they literally forgot everything that made the first series so good.

If not I'll skip to 5D's

I can give you the context if you want, hilariously enough, season 4 was compeltely cut from the dub for being "too dark" (a.k.a good)

The setting for Gx season 4 is
Jaden fuses with the demon Yubel who was possesing his best friend Jesse, having to deal with the demon in his mind has gotten him very depressed, after a looong vacation, he returns to school as a more mature 18 year old

Also, Jaden gets a slight redesign with the time-skip, that and his new personality makes him a bit more badass. here's a before and after

Mario007

I can give you the context if you want, hilariously enough, season 4 was compeltely cut from the dub for being "too dark" (a.k.a good)

The setting for Gx season 4 is
Jaden fuses with the demon Jubel who was possesing his best friend Jesse, having to deal with the demon in his mind has gotten him very depressed, after a looong vacation, he returns to school as a more mature 18 year old

Also, Jaden gets a slight redesign with the time-skip, that and his new personality makes him a bit more badass.

Ah that actually sounds pretty good. Is season 4 the last season then?

I-hate-u

I personally loved season 3 and onwards of GX. It just keeps getting darker as Judai develops into a more serious character. He almost acts like Yusei at the end of the show.

Opening 3, Teardrop, marks the point where season 3 starts, and GX getting much better.

It helps that I am a huge fan of Jim and O'Brien.

Fj0823

Ah that actually sounds pretty good. Is season 4 the last season then?

Correct it's much better than 1-3, but it doesn't even come close to 5D's or Arc-V in my opinion

But hey, it has
Jaden Vs. Yugi

Just remember it's only available in Japanese though, if you want, try to watch S3 for the duel against
Possesed Jesse
and Jaden's first dances with the dark side

I gotta say the "Main character getting darker" angle is executed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better in Arc-V

Sandfox

If not I'll skip to 5D's

I don't really think its possible for any of the spinoffs to be as good as the original because it obviously had a lot more flexibility due to not having to focus on pushing product to the degree the other series did.

Correct it's much better than 1-3, but it doesn't even come close to 5D's or Arc-V.

But hey, it has
Jaden Vs. Yugi

Just remember it's only available in Japanese though, if you want, try to watch S3 for the duel against
Possesed Jesse
and Jaden's first dances with the dark side

I gotta say the "Main character getting darker" angle is executed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better in Arc-V

Yuya is more whiny and full of despair than dark which I really wouldn't even say is true for Jaden/Judai either.

I don't really think its possible for any of the spinoffs to be as good as the original because it obviously had a lot more flexibility due to not having to focus on pushing product to the degree the other series did.

As if the original wasn't created to push merchandise

Fj0823

Not really, it became a merchandise machine when Takahashi dropped the "Death Games" in favor of the fan favorite "Magic and Wizards" card game

However the push for cards became evident in mostly in the anime series reboot (the one we know and love), when the terrible filler arcs were shoe-horned and the character assasinations started just to extend the series and get more cards out

Sandfox

The original anime was, but the story it was based on wasn't(though it clearly capitalized on it) and you wouldn't see stuff like the Millennium World arc in the modern shows

Not really, it became a merchandise machine when Takahashi dropped the "Death Games" in favor of the fan favorite "Magic and Wizards" card game

However the push for cards became evident in mostly in the anime series reboot (the one we know and love), when the terrible filler arcs were shoe-horned and the character assasinations started just to extend the series and get more cards out

People like the filler of the original series, but it just hurts the story IMO.

Fj0823

The original anime was, but the story it was based on wasn't(though it clearly capitalized on it) and you wouldn't see stuff like the Millennium World arc in the modern shows

People like the filler of the original series, but it just hurts the story IMO.

I don't know a single person who liked the Virtual World or Grand Championship arcs.

People liked Waking the Dragons, but that one was the less intrusive, though it complerely killed Mai Valentine's and
Yami Yugi's
characters in my opinion

People liked Waking the Dragons, but that one was the less intrusive, though it completely killed Mai Valentine's and
Yami Yugi's
characters in my opinion
I don't know,
Yami's duel with Rafael in which Yami turned to the power of the Oricalchos was awesome, imo.

Sayah

Anyone can help getting the following cards?

A Cat of ill omen
Reborn Tengu
Delg the Dark Monarch
Escape from the Dark Dimension

I have one cat of ill omen but could use two more.
Could REALLY use escape from the dark dimension.

Zalman

EDIT: This is what happens when I go to the card store after a 5D's marathon lol

Unfortunately, no Stardust Dragon ):

Sold the only one I had a bout 3 weeks ago before my rewatch...fuck me
Stardust Dragon is pretty cheap though, right? I'm considering getting into collecting again. I stopped around GX so I got some catching up to do.

Fj0823

Stardust Dragon is pretty cheap though, right? I'm considering getting into collecting again. I stopped around GX so I got some catching up to do.

Yeah good ol' Bastardust has been reprinted to hell and back so its really cheap.

I remember when it came out though...the card revolutionized the entire game, and the booster edition was really expensive, only way to get an accesible one was in the collector tin,and it sold out in a flash.

I remember getting mine in a cheap Duelist Pack: Yusei a few months later. BEST PULL EVER.

Sayah

Is there a way to search the entirety of that google doc without individually clicking on each different booster pack?

Miracle

For Nostalgia's sake, I wanted to get the legendary dragon cards in RL and its fusions since I loved the Orichalcos arc (I have the Seal of Orichalcos card I got for the same reason from that collection box), and apparently the packs where the Eye of Timaeas cards are in is expensive as hell...

Hell, The Eye of Timeaas card itself is worth $50 or $60...what...the...fuck!? At least I can get the Critias and Hermos cards from Dragon of Legend 2 packs since those prices are a lot more reasonable but why is the other one so expensive?

Fj0823

For Nostalgia's sake, I wanted to get the legendary dragon cards in RL and its fusions since I loved the Orichalcos arc (I have the Seal of Orichalcos card I got for the same reason from that collection box), and apparently the packs where the Eye of Timaeas cards are in is expensive as hell...

Hell, The Eye of Timeaas card itself is worth $50 or $60...what...the...fuck!? At least I can get the Critias and Hermos cards from Dragon of Legend 2 packs since those prices are a lot more reasonable but why is the other one so expensive?

That card can summon dark paladin very easily, dark magician got a lot of support in Japan, and Pendulum summons just made dark magician a lot easier to summon

Since Dark Paladin is an amazing control card, it got more expensive in light of the support, and Eye of Timaeus exploded in price due to its rarity, the nostalgic value and the fact that Dark Magician might became a competent deck

Miracle

That card can summon dark paladin very easily, dark magician got a lot of support in Japan, and Pendulum summons just made dark magician a lot easier to summon

Since Dark Paladin is an amazing control card, it got more expensive in light of the support, and Eye of Timaeus exploded in price due to its rarity, the nostalgic value and the fact that Dark Magician might became a competent deck

Ugh. I really want that Eye of Timaeus card but don't want to pay $60 for it. That and its fusions is literally all I want. :( I do like Critias the best though. I love its fusions.

I wonder if in the future they will ever get more support? I know the show only had what's pretty much available now but I would like to seem them make some up like Magic Jammer Dragon or Rageki Dragon, etc. Just to make it more interesting. :D

RE_Player

Just got back from a local tournament. I was 1-4 with my new Cyber Dragon deck... I should have just stuck with my Geargia deck I used last time. Been killing with that at tournaments, usually end 3-2 or 4-1, and I've been good with it in this game.

Anyway whatever setup you guys want for the next tournament I'm down. Whoever organizes it be sure to PM me here so I can get some prizes ready for like the top 3 people.

Top Bottom