• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YuGiOh Legacy of the duelist PS4 tournament (with story deck side event)

Well since the tournament is over for me, I can reveal my deck.

I ran a Stardust Dragon Assault Mode deck with anti special summoning cards thrown in for the meta decks

It works really well for the most part except when you get the Assault cards in a draw and don't have assault teleport in your hand. Thats what cost me the game vs Android. I got both copies of Stardust AM in my hand. :x

It really sucks that Assault mode activate stipulates that the card has to be in your deck. If you could summon from your hand as well, I would have been set.

macklelol

Lost to SkullHydra 2-0 in the story deck tournament! GG!

That deck is unfair, so many big monsters ;_;

I think I would've had a chance if you didn't have that Call of the Haunted at the end of the second game.

I just beat Macklelol 2-0 in the Story Deck Tournament. Special summoning giant, Fairy beaters every turn too stronk.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to upload my games against Miracle and Macklelol until tomorrow evening at the earliest. I did record both matches though.

I think I would've had a chance if you didn't have that Call of the Haunted at the end of the second game.
I had an Honest in my hand that I would've summoned if I didn't have Call of the Haunted. That deck is STACKED! XD

My current strategy of changing decks every match is super fun and enjoyable. So many different decks to choose from!

macklelol

I had an Honest in my hand that I would've summoned if I didn't have Call of the Haunted. That deck is STACKED! XD

My current strategy of changing decks every match is super fun and enjoyable. So many different decks to choose from!

wtf I had no chance, why is that even a story deck

I was gonna switch it up constantly, but I ended up sticking to using Yuya's decks lol. I'm still missing a lot of cards and I don't want to grind them out. At least Yuya has a few different variants!

wtf I had no chance, why is that even a story deck

I was gonna switch it up constantly, but I ended up sticking to using Yuya's decks lol. I'm still missing a lot of cards and I don't want to grind them out. At least Yuya has a few different variants!
I have no idea, man. Lol.

I found that the story decks didn't take as long to get the cards from as I thought they would. It usually only takes like four or five duels max to finish off three-quarters or so of them. I got that Fairy one made in less than half an hour or so.

It did. Crazy long moves especially from me in that last game lol. (Although I also blame the slow animations from the game itself)

Good game.
It doesn't help that superheavy samurai are incredibly defensive, or that I was trying to stall for a long portion of round one

Miracle

It's from arc-v. The concept is basically a deck that only uses monsters

Oh damn. That's a pretty ballsy deck then, and kinda awesome.

I think I'll try it out myself later. It really does look very cool. I always wanted to see more monsters attacking while in defense like a Total Defense Shogun.

Oh shit...I just realized, Beserker Soul actually goes decent with that deck! If only they didn't nerf it when it released in real life. :(

I just beat SirAndroidTV 2-0 in the Main Tournament.

I feel bad, man. My opening hand of that second game was almost completely perfect. Thanks for the games.

Sent Cow Goes Moo and JVIDICAN a PM to remind them to get their match done. it would be problematic if they can't, since the tournament can't progress at all until that match happens

Miracle

Sent Cow Goes Moo and JVIDICAN a PM to remind them to get their match done. it would be problematic if they can't, since the tournament can't progress at all until that match happens

Just give them a time limit. If nothing happens within that limit, I move on to the next round yo! :D

Just give them a time limit. If nothing happens within that limit, I move on to the next round yo! :D
I've been told they're going to duel later today, and that there was just an issue with matchup times. And had it gone too long, especially with no reason, they would've been disqualified, which I warned them about

I'm out right now, and will be for another 1-2 hours (possibly but not likely more or less) I'd be happy to duel miracle when I get back if he's available

Miracle

2-1 against Cow Goes Moo in main tournament.

Great game. Caught me completely off guard the first game. 0_0

EDIT: I'm also gonna be out for dinner for a few hours. Hopefully I'll get home in time to play while not being tired and stuff.

GG Miracle. I won 2-0

I can't believe I managed to summon Judgement Dragon with this deck twice in a row. Given that the deck is mainly Shadoll, I don't have that many different lightsworns, and only one copy of Judgement. It's rare for me to even draw it, much less summon it early in the duel. Not that I didn't have other ways of dealing with a lot of the cards you used

Miracle

0-2 vs Aaronrules in main tournament. GG.

Ugh, I was trying to side deck for game 2 but for some reason the game forced me out of it as I was switching cards, and instead kept the cards from game 1. 0_o Would have switched royal decree with Bottomless trap hole too. Balls :(

Ah well. :(

0-2 vs Aaronrules in main tournament. GG.

Ugh, I was trying to side deck for game 2 but for some reason the game forced me out of it as I was switching cards, and instead kept the cards from game 1. 0_o Would have switched royal decree with Bottomless trap hole too. Balls :(

Ah well. :(

Yeah, side-decking needs to be done super quickly here. Though even if you stopped judgement, I could've managed with Construct's ability to destroy special summoned monsters that try to battle it. But Bottomless trap hole definitely would've helped you way more against this deck than Royal decree

Miracle

Yeah, side-decking needs to be done super quickly here. Though even if you stopped judgement, I could've managed with Construct's ability to destroy special summoned monsters that try to battle it. But Bottomless trap hole definitely would've helped you way more against this deck than Royal decree

I also had Jinzo in my hand that I was also trying to switch out for Gorz XD. It's like the game spat on my face after it forced me out of side decking.

Eh, no worries. Now win the damn tournament so that I could at least say I lost to the champion. :p

That's my plan :p. I know what deck the guy in winner's and loser's final are using, and I'm confident that I can beat either of them (assuming they don't have another deck in reserve). The only unknown is SkullHydra

That's my plan :p. I know what deck the guy in winner's and loser's final are using, and I'm confident that I can beat either of them (assuming they don't have another deck in reserve). The only unknown is SkullHydra
I like being the unknown. =3

I don't know how well I'll be able to handle Shaddoll though, as I've never faced them with this deck before. I also kind of want to lose so I won't have to face Shadowcreep again. Ugh.

Hopefully I'll be able to get on sometime tonight and get it done.

2-1 vs Shadowcreep in side tournament. GG man.

Mackle next than my revenge match against Hydra. >:D
One loss to me wasn't enough? =P

I like being the unknown. =3

I don't know how well I'll be able to handle Shaddoll though, as I've never faced them with this deck before. I also kind of want to lose so I won't have to face Shadowcreep again. Ugh.

One loss to me wasn't enough? =P

You avaliable to play yet?

My edit was too slow. No, I won't be able to get on for at least another hour and a half tonight. =/

I can probably play tonight then, I'll just have to stay up a bit later than usual

Edit: Well, as long as it's only around an hour and a half. If it's much longer that might change things

macklelol

Miracle won 2-1 in the side tournament! GG! I wasn't paying attention and forgot to record some of the matches, whoops.

I made a huge misplay destroying the wrong equip spell at the end, once I destroyed it I knew I fucked up... Fun game though! Somehow my brain skimmed past the first part about attack targets on that equip -_-

EDIT: sorry, it was 2-1, not 2-0. I blame all my other games going 2-0 lol

So we're on the Grand finals for the story deck tournament. Remember, if Miracle wins the first best of 3, we go into another set since he comes from Losers, but Skull only has to win one set.

Top Bottom