• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

DaBoss

The Ice Dungeon boss
is annoying because the floor is ice, so it takes you a while to course correct and the attack that seems to cover 90% of the floor. Other wise, the dungeon seemed fine.
That boss was amazing, and I also had an amazing come back. I still had 3 hits on it left, but because I was being completely stupid, I ended up with only a quarter of health left, but I managed to pull through.

Another question

In Hyrule, there's a
cave to the south of Link's house, with a heart container in front of it and surround by statutes

How do I access this?

EDIT: Nevermind, just figured it out :D

Another question

In Hyrule, there's a
cave to the south of Link's house, with a heart container in front of it and surround by statutes

How do I access this?

Go to the southeast of that and you should see 2 statues sitting in front of a wall. If you bomb the wall (it has no markings showing it is bomb-able), it will reveal a cave. That cave connects to the other one so you can get the heart piece. There is also one of those little things to collect in there for upgrading weapons.

EDIT: Congrats :)

LOLDSFAN

Just finished the game. Enjoyed it a lot. I thought the whole drawing part wasn't going to be a big part of the game according to what I saw in the trailers. Luckily I was wrong. Another successful Zelda mechanic done right. Oh and my favorite OST is the one that plays with the Fortune Teller. Dat dnb.

Vidiot

Also just finished it. I really enjoyed it. Most likely my favorite portable Zelda. It was pretty easy though. I finished without ever dieing and I honestly don't remember any puzzles really stumping me for too long. I got almost everything, just missing a few heart pieces.

Lunar15

Finished. Really fun, tight game. I have my qualms, but they're minor.

Although, frankly, (endgame)
I got to the triforce room but you're not going to play Triforce Room? For pete's sake! The end credits music was nice but once again, not having hero of light was weird.

Got completely surprised by the desert boss. The dungeon is dead simple and the enemies are a joke...cue boss
mook spam and sand laser.
Got stomped on my first try...it really messes with your timing. :p

What is there left to spend rupees on if you bought all the tools, the shield in town, and the golden bee in the dark world?

TheExodu5

Banned
Ugh...battery died on me in the Turtle Rock dungeon...didn't notice the indicator. Having to do it again is not going to be fun...very tedious dungeon.

Boxcar

Neo Member
Just finished it and I though that it was great. The negatives for me are the (relatively) easy difficulty and also I'm not sure I'm completely sold on the item renting system. I don't mind linearity in Zelda games and would've preferred that the dungeons kept increasing in difficulty somewhat instead of being largely equal because by the last dungeon you're essentially unstoppable.

KarmaCow

Got completely surprised by the desert boss. The dungeon is dead simple and the enemies are a joke...cue boss

What is there left to spend rupees on if you bought all the tools, the shield in town, and the golden bee in the dark world?

Not much, there are a few minigames that have fees that range from 20 to 300 rupees, but you can usually break even if not make more in them pretty easily. They didn't really solve the problem of the economy being broken in Zelda games despite having the item progression being based on it.

Man this game is good. I'm on the final fight and was absolutely getting my ass kicked before I realized I forgot to get
the red mail
so I shut my 3DS off and decided to run through the dungeon again.

Anywho, here's an unusual avatar from me if anyone wants it:
O3hHbCg.png

Normal Mail:
hYpa9LI.png

Link Man

Banned

There's a rupee fairy in Lorule.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not much, there are a few minigames that have fees that range from 20 to 300 rupees, but you can usually break even if not make more in them pretty easily. They didn't really solve the problem of the economy being broken in Zelda games despite having the item progression being based on it.

Maybe if we could upgrade the items using money it would have helped. If anything playing this game has made me think a Zelda where they just give you the basics at the start would be interesting. Bow, hookshot, bombs, hammer all at the beginning. It would allow for more complex puzzles in the dungeons. The main problem I have with the game is the dungeons are super easy because they base them off of you only having the one item you need for it.

afoni

Banned
Man this game is good. I'm on the final fight and was absolutely getting my ass kicked before I realized I forgot to get
the red mail
so I shut my 3DS off and decided to run through the dungeon again.

When I see posts like this I sometimes wonder if the case is that everyone else is terrible at games or that I'm just brilliant at them.

It's both.

When I see posts like this I sometimes wonder if the case is that everyone else is terrible at games or that I'm just brilliant at them.

It's both.

This is probably the case, but when I fought him again, he was a total pushover.

The Red Mail helped

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sooooooooooooooooooo I'm trying to beat the game in the order that you do in Link to the Past. Just for fun. I'm up to the Water Crystal but fuck me I can't find out where to get the gloves so I can lift that heavy ass rock in front of the entrance.

I don't want anyone to tell me but jeez I've searched for like 5 hours lol. Also, that Rosso guy is totally missing in action. He's not at his house and he's not in the Ore Mine, I searched everywhere there for him.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't want anyone to tell me but jeez I've searched for like 5 hours lol. Also, that Rosso guy is totally missing in action. He's not at his house and he's not in the Ore Mine, I searched everywhere there for him.
All I will say is think about the other people who are missing…

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sooooooooooooooooooo I'm trying to beat the game in the order that you do in Link to the Past. Just for fun. I'm up to the Water Crystal but fuck me I can't find out where to get the gloves so I can lift that heavy ass rock in front of the entrance.

You need the bomb flower for that one. I had the same thought until I came across the rental place for it.

Don't click above it'll give you an answer, but you need to rethink how you're looking at the puzzle.

Can someone give me a hint where to find the pegasus boots. Are they in Lorule or Hyrule?

Have you ever met someone that runs so fast you can't follow?

However, I'm really going mad on that muffuggin' last piece of heart container and I dunno what to do now.
How many can you get from minigames and NPC encounters?

Kyzon

Dark Palace is hands down the most visually stunning dungeon so far.
I just have what I believe to be the final dungeon left, and I don't think it will top this.

So yesterday I've finished my first lorule dungeon after some time of running around Hyrule and Lorule and during the boss fight I went down to half a heart...no fairies or potions...and I thought DAMN I'm gonna lose my items...So I went all or nothing and just button smashed (stupidity at its finest) and killed the boss and felt so relieved...

Afterwards I got myself some fairies and bought some items...just in case :D

Best Zelda game in years, though I would love to explore even more. Like in WInd Waker, you take your ship to some island and just see whats around or just let your hook fall into the water and find stuff. Something like this is missing.

And by the way. Whats the deal with monster hearts (or whatever they are called in english) Haven't found out yet

KHlover

Banned
Just finished the Thieves Hideout. Best dungeon of the game so far. The other two dungeons (Skull Woods and Ice Temple) each had some very annoying gimmicks (constant Wallmaster barrage and constantly being assaulted by bats and other stuff on narrow paths), but this one was just fun to blaze through. Way better in terms of dungeon gimmicks than similar temples in Wind Waker.

Btw. is there a way to enter the temple 'correctly'? I just guessed the pass code correctly on my first try :D

Just finished the Thieves Hideout. Best dungeon of the game so far. The other two dungeons (Skull Woods and Ice Temple) each had some very annoying gimmicks (constant Wallmaster barrage and constantly being assaulted by bats and other stuff on narrow paths), but this one was just fun to blaze through. Way better in terms of dungeon gimmicks than similar temples in Wind Waker.

Btw. is there a way to enter the temple 'correctly'? I just guessed the pass code correctly on my first try :D

Thats actually the dungeon I did first. I guess NPC tell you the Code. One guy at the milk bar and one guy at the Store. The third thing I just guessed correct :D

Hylian7

Finished the game today. My two cents on it spoiliered below.

Definitely saw the twist in Hilda's motives coming as it was foreshadowed most of the way through, regardless I was still impressed.

There was an interesting theory I saw on /v/. It was never confirmed who Yuga's counterpart in Hyrule is. He has the same diamond earings as Ghirahim though, and he was trying to revive Ganon. Is Yuga Ghirahim's counterpart?

I loved all the dungeons, and definitely plan on 100%ing this game, as well as doing a Hero Mode run. I thought the best part about the dungeons was they all had some extremely unique overarching concept to them. The Dark Palace had the darkness obviously, and it had the Helmasaur King markings on the walls everywhere. The Skull Woods had the Wallmasters, not just to have Wallmasters, but to lead up to the boss being a giant Wallmaster. Turtle Rock had of course, a turtle being a boss and the ways the Ice Rod was used were cool. As for my favorite dungeons, it's a toss up between the Desert Palace and the Thieves' HIdeout. In the Thieves' Hideout, I was expecting the girl to be blind again and it was interesting that it was different this time. The whole concept of everything being calm at first and then more enemies always show up once you have the girl in tow was really cool. For the Desert, I was wondering why the Desert Palace wasn't one of the first three dungeons, and then I thought it was so cool how you fought the boss in Misery Mire but did the dungeon in Hyrule. The Ice Ruins was also awesome, how it was obviously over the inactive volcano Lorule counterpart of Death Mountain.

I'm definitely going to replay LttP as well as 100% this game and play Hero Mode.

Celine

I put spoiler in case:
In ALTTP Ganon didn't have the red hairs/braids, he looked more like the one in Zelda 1.
However in OoT Ganon has the red hairs/braids.
In ALBW Ganon before fusing with Yuga looks like ALTTP Ganon but after it has the red hairs/braids.
Not sure if it was just a coincidence but nice touch on Nintendo part.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thats actually the dungeon I did first. I guess NPC tell you the Code. One guy at the milk bar and one guy at the Store. The third thing I just guessed correct :D
Third guy is the Lorule equivalent of the guy drinking in the Milk Bar (the one who talks about the magnifying glass) and is found in the house just above the Lorule bar.

Socreges

Banned
Wha? Before the Eastern Temple and/or Tower of Hera?

I've been exploring the overworld, committed to doing some other dungeon before the two I'm being told to do (Hera and the windmill). Doesn't seem to be possible, though. There must be something I'm missing. Can someone just say 'There's something you're missing' and I'll keep at it, but as of now I'm about to give up and just follow the linear path. Thinking I must've misunderstood the nonlinearity.

Top Bottom