• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Timeaisis

So are some
Maimais
in houses? Because I found one in a house yesterday...in the
potion shop
. I thought
they were all on the overworld

DaBoss

That was the best one. That and the Ice Ruins
Skull Woods is really good as well and I think Tower of Hera deserves an honorable mention, but its been shown so much it kinda takes out the "oomph" of it.
and the Palace Of Darkness. It's
Turtle Rock
that suck.
Dark Palace isn't all that special, but what you have to do to get the item inside there is clever.
So are some
Maimais
in houses? Because I found one in a house yesterday...in the
potion shop
. I thought
they were all on the overworld
There's some in caves, but that specific one is the only one inside a house.

Shit, I died. Getting all your items straight jacked from you hurts

That's why you buy them all ASAP

you'll want to do that anyway seeing as the game throws silver rupees at you like this

YdMhU.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I went back to the full maiamai's cave and, well, I didn't expect that.

Quick Q: Does upgrading an item prevent you from getting the achievements for the non-nice versions on StreetPass battles?
No. In fact using a nice items grants you both achievements in one go.

Farmboy

GODDAMMIT.
So, where the hell I left the last one? :<

Only way I can help is telling you which ones I got last:
-
There's one in a cave to the east of the Swamp Palace that you need the big bomb flower to open.

-
In the western part of Death Mountain, it's sort of at the back. You'll need to drop down to a cave entrance that's between two higher cave entrances, then go through that cave... turns out it's not really a cave, just a path to the back area where a heart piece lies.

Also, be sure to finish both the Hyrule and Lorule versions of Rupee Rush with less than a second left on the timer.

Finally, if you're desperate enough to the point that you're willing to check a walkthrough/guide, here's a very good one.

Only way I can help is telling you which ones I got last:
-
There's one in a cave to the east of the Swamp Palace that you need the big bomb flower to open.

-
In the western part of Death Mountain, it's sort of at the back. You'll need to drop down to a cave entrance that's between two higher cave entrances, then go through that cave... turns out it's not really a cave, just a path to the back area where a heart piece lies.

Also, be sure to finish both the Hyrule and Lorule versions of Rupee Rush with less than a second left on the timer.

Finally, if you're desperate enough to the point that you're willing to check a walkthrough/guide, here's a very good one.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help but nope, unfortunately the one who's missing is not one of those. :(
Mmmh...I'm considering to search for it on that guide. Thanks for that too! <3

DaBoss

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help but nope, unfortunately the one who's missing is not one of those. :(
Mmmh...I'm considering to search for it on that guide. Thanks for that too! <3
Don't give in to using a guide! How many are you missing? There is one that I can think of that may seem hard to get to at first.

Madouu

All the maiamais give you the
super attack
, no?

Just making sure since one of them is basically in the same spot as a piece of heart, and can be hard to find.
the one at the entrance of a cave blocked with a bunch of statues

I just finished the game, 100%, 27093 rupees founds, and 34h24minutes on my activity log. I can safely say that this is one of the best videogames I have played this year, if not the best.

Anteo

Shit!!! Just saw the paiting of all the sages. It really was a huge surprise to see some random characters there.
So that's why they were missing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just beat the game.

Roughly about 17 hours in and I didn't bother to 100% everything because it seemed too tedious (got 60 of the little shell animals though!).

This is probably my favorite Zelda after Wind Waker. I have not played Skyward Sword nor have I finished ALTTP. The game never felt like it was wearing out its welcome. There was only section in the game where I felt like I didn't want to play anymore Lorule end dungeon
The lava section with the 2 eyes and the hand that follows you around, such a pain in the ass.
. The lack of tutorializing was also a very welcome change.

Highly recommend this game to even the most casual of Zelda fans.

Edit: 11.6k rupees found and I died about 5 times.

ending story spoiler ahead:

I was genuinely worried that Lorule was going to be left in ruin then I remembered what the triforce is actually for and all was well. Seeing Ravio's true identity was also quite a surprise to me.

Don't give in to using a guide! How many are you missing? There is one that I can think of that may seem hard to get to at first.
Just one. Hellish.

Just making sure since one of them is basically in the same spot as a piece of heart, and can be hard to find.
the one at the entrance of a cave blocked with a bunch of statues

I just finished the game, 100%, 27093 rupees founds, and 34h24minutes on my activity log. I can safely say that this is one of the best videogames I have played this year, if not the best.

I already got every maimais...damn, I was sure I would have reached this situation. xD

Ok, so. I also tried going back to
that cyclop
in a cave near Zora Domain in Darki World and he just gave me a LOT of rupees and then he got ubermad and almost killed me.
No heart container, sadly. :(

Dat dark world theme... Pretty much exactly how I wanted it to sound when this game was first announced. Game is pretty fun though, I've spent a ton of time exploring the overworld searching for secrets and playing mini games. I've beat two dungeons in the dark world so far,
Thieves Hideout and the Swamp Temple.
. Dungeons are shorter than ALTTP but are pretty creative. I can't say I'm a fan of the renting items. Since the game drowns you in rupees, I got them all immediately and it barely dented my wallet. The joy of discovering items is much more satisfying. I'm not blown away at this point but I am having fun. We'll see how good it gets.

Tuck

Two dungeons left - the ice and fire dungeons were easily the best so far - the rest have been very easy. I'm enjoying it - a lot - but I wish the puzzles were harder.

Ragus

Banned
Today I bet water and forest dungeons. A more fun water temple and a dungeon, where I often go outside? Hell yeah! Both very fun in their own way. One question though - can I
wear green suit instead of blue?

linkboy

Today I bet water and forest dungeons. A more fun water temple and a dungeon, where I often go outside? Hell yeah! Both very fun in their own way. One question though - can I
wear green suit instead of blue?

No, once you upgrade, it's permanent.

linkboy

I was wondering that as well. Kinda sucks. I wish they gave you the option of which one to equip like in other Zeldas.

Ocarina was the first game where they were switchable. In AlttP, they gave you defense upgrades.

The idea being that green is your basic, blue is intermediate and red is the strongest. Much like how you can upgrade your sword and shields as well.

Farmboy

Watching the ending, do any of you get the impression that the moment after
Link and Zelda return to Hyrule and Link is briefly unconscious
is a callback to
the opening of Link's Awakening? Just the way he's sprawled out with Zelda kneeling down beside him in the same pose as Marin...
. Almost makes me wish for
a Link's Awakening-style sequel that takes place entirely in Link's head during those few moments!

Some of these dungeons are really short and easy. Beaten 3 Lorule dungeons and I'm not really impressed. Here's hoping the other dungeons are better.

Just finished the game! Great game, highly exceeded my expectations!

Loved pretty much every dungeon, but
skull woods
, but the rest were all fantastic!

Also, I was thinking about all those people complaining about the dungeons being too short and easy, and even though I do agree to a certain extent, there were also two things that I think contributed to that feeling. The first is that there is much less backtracking in them, with shortcuts opening every major point in the dungeon and a more streamlined design. The second is having the map so easily accessible in the lower screen. I barely used the map and compass in other Zelda games, because it was such a hassle having to pause to check the map and not having it display your perfect position inside the room (only the room you are in). But now, I didn't need to pause and I had the exact place I was in the room, making the map much easier to use in general. I'm not sure anyone have brought those points yet, but anyway, I found that they contributed a lot to the easy/short dungeons feeling.

Prepare to have to fold the box yourself. I'm not kidding. Apparently GAME is sending everything loosely.

Oh, and you might not even get your poster.

I don't mind if they're sending them loosely if it means the stuff is safer that way. And I've been told the poster is shipped separately. I know a few people got the poster before the game, but they're in the UK.

KarmaCow

How do streetpass tags work across multiple save files? I just completed it, got all the upgrades and was thinking of going back to Etrian Odyssey Untold before trying Hero mode and build up some streetpass tags in the meantime but aren't the Shadow Links tied your character in the game?

Tuck

Oh, so in the water dungeon you get
the blue tunic which makes you take less damage.

No wonder I found the fire and ice dungeons so hard - should have done the water dungeon first! (Would have made the combat easier, though those dungeons still had some really clever puzzles)

KarmaCow

The Ice Dungeon boss
is annoying because the floor is ice, so it takes you a while to course correct and the attack that seems to cover 90% of the floor. Other wise, the dungeon seemed fine.

Sakura

Just finished it. Pretty good game. Waaaaay better than the DS Zelda offerings. I hope they do another one. The witch was cute.

Top Bottom