• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Are we talking about
swamp palace? So I can get the big bomb flower past the boulder without the titan mitts? I desperately want that blue tunic, hero mode is killing me

EDIT: Misinterpreted the post. His problema isn't with carrying the bomb, its with the boulder.

Like Moff said, there are alternative routes to the
Swamp Palace

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I still wonder why Link lost his blacksmith outfit. Guess they couldn't find a nice way for him to go from that to his more traditional clothes and the fact there is very little difference between them.

Wait, you can use the Titan's Mitt to get through those structures you need the bomb flower for?
He's referring to the giant rock blocking the passage south west of Link's house.

Auskeek

which boulder? the one next to the plant?

or the one on the way somwehere? you can take a detour north, just take the way you would take yourself on foot. I did swamp palace before desert, so its definitely possible

Mind blown. I should have known this given the amount of times I've played Link to the Past but didn't bother to look for another route. I just thought "oh I need something else" and left the dungeon til later.

I think I'm near game end and I want to get every heart container before reaching the last boss.
I need just 3 pieces and I really dunno where to get them...
I suppose 2 of them would be given by
last thief bros race and that masked guy that is asking for a shield
but then I'll still miss one.
Really dunno where it could be, considering I've mastered every other minigame.

Moff

I think I'm near game end and I want to get every heart container before reaching the last boss.
I need just 3 pieces and I really dunno where to get them...
I suppose 2 of them would be given by
last thief bros race and that masked guy that is asking for a shield
but then I'll still miss one.
Really dunno where it could be, considering I've mastered every other minigame.

the race gives only 1 heart piece, the last one doesnt give another
also not quite sure about the shield guy, i dont remember anymore what happened there.
but its pretty hard to tell which ones you could have missed. honestly this was the first time ever I got all the heart pieces, witthout a guide even. I think they all are quite obvious.

the race gives only 1 heart piece, the last one doesnt give another
also not quite sure about the shield guy, i dont remember anymore what happened there.
but its pretty hard to tell which ones you could have missed. honestly this was the first time ever I got all the heart pieces, witthout a guide even. I think they all are quite obvious.

Mmh...Okay.
I don't think I missed some of the non-puzzle related ones...
Anyway, how could I do for that guy? I can't even buy him another shield, because shops won't sell me one unless I lost mine. :\

georly

Mmh...Okay.
I don't think I missed some of the non-puzzle related ones...
Anyway, how could I do for that guy? I can't even buy him another shield, because shops won't sell me one unless I lost mine. :\

Try going back to the secret sanctuary entrance, the thing you did first.

Wow, Hero mode is kicking my ass! Tower of Hera boss killed me about 8 times before I finally managed to kill him. Really need to build up those heart containers and I think I'll do the Swamp Palace first once I get to Lorule,
for the blue mail

This has easily been the best Zelda game I've played since Windwaker and has pretty much restored my faith in the series. Fantastic job, Nintendo.

Went into town [UK] to get the game just now. Both Game stores in the high street [wanted to use my instore credit] didn't have it in stock. Had no idea when they are going to get it back in either.
Wanted something to tide me over til Friday. Shame

Dr.Hadji

This is the first Zelda in awhile without a clear helper character though, so perhaps that makes the hand holding feel less. There's no solid character you can constantly relate the hand holding to, so it seems more natural.

Spirit Tracks. Even though Zelda is technically with you the entire time, she is mostly relegated to interactions in cut-scenes and the main dungeon.

There are so many instances in SS where you would talk to a NPC, then Fi would come to explain what they just said and where you should go. Very irritating, especially with the slow text speeds. Its really egregious in the first forest area, which outside the Ancient Cistern, just sucked the big one. You can really tell there were different dev teams on those areas.

I'm finding ALBW much, MUCH more enjoyable on a moment-to-moment basis than SS, or any of the 3D Zeldas. No slow intros, no slow text speeds, no boring fetch quests, soooo much faster to get around, no helper AIs explaining the obvious, no padded out runtimes. Just pure Zelda.

bumpkin

You do get the pegasus boots. You can get them pretty early on in the game (after the first dungeon if you visit Zora's Domain?) from Kakariko Village. The ones in large rocks you just pick up with the Titan Mitts which you definitely collect in one of the dungeons.
How do you get the
pegasus boots? I saw the townsfolk make mention of some guy running around and I've seen him once or twice, but by the time I see him, he's already long gone. :(

Just finished the game. How in the world did this game have a better story than every Zelda after TWW? Even that feels straight from the 90's. I wasn't hyped for this game, media blackout wasn't difficult to me but now I think that this is one of the best games I've ever played and one of the best Zelda ever. The item renting? Awesome. Gameplay is smooth, fun and addicting. Best use of 3D and even if I disliked the artstyle at the beginning, now I fell in love with it. The OST is astounding, I want this composer to work on Zelda WiiU. There's room for improvement, but this game took the RIGHT direction for the series. Even minigames and subquests are fun this time.

Ravio
=
ラヴィオ = Rabbi-o = Rabbit Man (the sound for "V" and the sound for "B" can be indistinguishable in Japanese phonetics)
Hilda =
ヒルダ= ヒルだ = literally "It's a leech"
Yuga =
ユガ = 油画 = Oil Painting

afoni

Banned
Ravio
=
ラヴィオ = Rabbi-o = Rabbit Man (the sound for "V" and the sound for "B" can be indistinguishable in Japanese phonetics)
Hilda =
ヒルダ= ヒルだ = literally "It's a leech"
Yuga =
ユガ = 油画 = Oil Painting

Hilda was someone at Treehouse going for a Sabrina reference.

We all know that.

Link Man

Banned
Started Hero Mode, was surprised to find there are still hearts dropped by enemies/pots/plants. Thought they would get rid of those like in Wind Waker HD.

Gloam

Really loving how speedy this game is, Link moves at such a clip that it makes trekking around feel effortless. Exploring is fun too, and the equipment system has made me use the pins a lot to mark areas of interest for future reference and such. Really digging the game so far, snappiest Zelda in a LONG time, and not too talky either which is just swell.

KJA

Rods are best upgrades, but for those two go with bombs. Great for offense.

I try not use the rods, unless I absolutely NEED to use them (i.e., in the case of a Fire Temple). I find that they take a bit more magic power to use.

That said, I like sticking to the basics - the boomerang (my personal favorite), the bow, the hookshot, or some bombs.

Anyways, thanks for the advice!

Link Man

Banned
I try not use the rods, unless I absolutely NEED to use them (i.e., in the case of a Fire Temple). I find that they take a bit more magic power to use.

That said, I like sticking to the basics - the boomerang (my personal favorite), the bow, the hookshot, or some bombs.

Anyways, thanks for the advice!

Bombs use more stamina than the Fire Rod, though.

R.I.P

With all the talk about the rod upgrades being overpowered, should I upgrade them after their respective dungeons? I'm fearing upgrading them before will make the dungeons too easy.

Neiteio

Going slowly and just reached Lorule. THIS GAME. I knew it was coming, but I thought it would happen at the end of the game, so I was surprised when it happened at the midpoint: (post-Master Sword spoiler)
Yuga fusing with Ganon was an amazing sequence.
I also loved the (Hyrule Castle spoiler)
second Yuga battle where you attempt to track him on the walls
, and the first fissure to Lorule
hidden behind the curtain in the castle study
. Oh, and how after acquiring the Master Sword,
the triumphant music kicks in as Link rushes off to save the day
! The bit in the woods right before that was clever, as well:
The last group of Poes take the north, east and west paths, and it took me a few tries to realize I could try going south, from whence I came!

I've been focusing on buying and upgrading weapons. I accidentally destroyed a Golden Bee but found another one and got the
Bee Badge
. I went back to Death Mountain and delivered the Premium Milk to the climber, scoring myself a second bottle. I also purchased the bow, tornado rod and fire rod, and upgraded all three. In addition I purchased the bombs and hammer. I'm aiming to get all of the weapons as soon as I have the funding, and upgrade them as soon as I have the Maiamais. :)

With all the talk about the rod upgrades being overpowered, should I upgrade them after their respective dungeons? I'm fearing upgrading them before will make the dungeons too easy.

They are definitely better when upgraded, gameplay wise. But sure, if you want more challenge, don't upgrade.

Its up to you. I found the fire rod to be a ton of fun once it was upgraded and it was the first one I upgraded. Its definitely helpful for the dark palace and ice ruins. The other rods are also a lot of fun to use in the tower. However I care less about difficulty and more about if its fun. Difficulty makes no difference in my enjoyment of the game unless it is on one of the extremes.

R.I.P

They are definitely better when upgraded, gameplay wise. But sure, if you want more challenge, don't upgrade.

Its up to you. I found the fire rod to be a ton of fun once it was upgraded and it was the first one I upgraded. Its definitely helpful for the dark palace and ice ruins. The other rods are also a lot of fun to use in the tower. However I care less about difficulty and more about if its fun. Difficulty makes no difference in my enjoyment of the game unless it is on one of the extremes.

Thanks. I've upgraded most other items already and really enjoyed the new features, so maybe I'll upgrade the ice rod before going into
Turtle rock
next.

Socreges

Banned
almost
one item from ravio is missing, the one for the desert palace. you will need to do thieves town first.
thats the only restriction, all the others can be done immediately.
But wouldn't some be much harder? What if I do an easy dungeon when I've got 10 hearts? I feel like I'd be overpowered. Or should I not worry about that?

I just don't want to rent items randomly and find that the order I chose was a lesser experience.

Top Bottom