• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Holy shit the baseball mini game is awful! I tried so many times. It's like the ball goes wherever it feels like. I give up. I'll just pretend there are only nineteen hearts in this Zelda.

Just terrible........

It's perfectly predictable and simple if you understand the basics of baseball as well as played enough baseball games - early swings pull the ball to the right, late swings push the ball to the left, hitting it right on time will hit the ball to the center. Stuff like Wii Sports baseball and even the infamous Winnie the Pooh baseball game work the same way.

Jinto

I just beat the boss in the turtle rock dungeon, but I can't seem to find this one treasure chest on B1. It's marked on the map. I assumed I would have to beat all the enemies in the room and it would show up. Problem is, only enemies are those swinging fire things, which you can only freeze. Anyone remember how to get it?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I just beat the boss in the turtle rock dungeon, but I can't seem to find this one treasure chest on B1. It's marked on the map. I assumed I would have to beat all the enemies in the room and it would show up. Problem is, only enemies are those swinging fire things, which you can only freeze. Anyone remember how to get it?

If it's the room I'm thinking of, it's either the little fire mage dudes or the worms that leap out of the lava.

Jackano

If it's the room I'm thinking of, it's either the little fire mage dudes or the worms that leap out of the lava.

Yeah definitely sounds like killing all the worms things. It took me time to figure out to return to Zelda basics and kill all the enemies!

Jinto

Yeah definitely sounds like killing all the worms things. It took me time to figure out to return to Zelda basics and kill all the enemies!

Yeah, I got the chest from the worms already on the other floor. For some reason, I didn't see the 2 mages on the right side of the room. I kept trying to kill that fire spinning thingy, lol Anyways, thanks guys!

Zomba13

Just finished it. Really really liked it. Wasn't 100% sure on being able to have all items pretty much from the start and the whole trying dungeons in any order thing but I think it worked really well. Could use some tweaking on the difficulty if they try it again, only time I died was when I went to Death Mountain and got owned by the fire breathing lion men things.

Really liked how it was nostalgic but also fresh and the wall merging mechanic was really cool too. One of the twists at the end you could see coming from a mile away but the other was a pleasant surprise.

Everyone says you can tackle the dungeons in any order, but is this true? For example:
don't you have to finish the Thief's Hideout before the desert dungeon?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Everyone says you can tackle the dungeons in any order, but is this true? For example:
don't you have to finish the Thief's Hideout before the desert dungeon?
For the most part, the statement is correct, but yes, you do need to finish that dungeon before that one.
I think we opt to say it that way because it's quicker to do so.

Socreges

Banned
Speaking of chests in Turtle Rock Dungeon, there's one very large one on B1 that I got to appear by killing all the enemies... but how do I reach it? I feel like I've tried everything.

I beat the game a few hours ago. It's pretty awesome! The last battle and the dungeon leading up to it are really great. Everything else from the presentation, controls, and overall game design is incredibly well done. I especially like the sound design.

Unfortunately, I went through the entire game without the Pegasus boots. Their location stumped me completely.

Did anyone of you guys have trouble finding the
master ore in the Dark Palace
? I went back into that dungeon a few times and must have spent nearly two hours trying to figure out how to get it before admitting defeat and looking up the solution.

KHlover

Banned
Speaking of chests in Turtle Rock Dungeon, there's one very large one on B1 that I got to appear by killing all the enemies... but how do I reach it? I feel like I've tried everything.
IIRC you need to hit the switch to bring the platform on the north wall into the position which allows you to go to B2. Merge into the wall once you're up there. Go right, below (or on the same height, can't remember) should be a metal plank leaning against the wall. Drop out of the wall and fall down to the plank. Merge to the wall and walk behind the plank. Unmerge. Tadaa.

Jinto

If it's the same chest I'm thinking of, you have to drop down a ladder along the right wall. I did that before defeating the enemies, so we might not be thinking of the same room.

Socreges

Banned
I actually just figured it out. Thanks guys. Really glad I kept at it, too, since it's a fairly sweet item to have.
Plus the 300 rupee coin cleverly hidden off screen.

Zomba13

? I went back into that dungeon a few times and must have spent nearly two hours trying to figure out how to get it before admitting defeat and looking up the solution.

I did. Mainly because I was over thinking it. I got that one of the switches moved a wall but didn't get that it moved the one that was needed. I thought you had to like, divert power to a secret door or something >.<

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

It was rather tricky,
but I noticed the movement when I hit the switch on the other side with a thrown bomb coincidentally

Yeah, I was completely stumped on that one too. I went back to that dungeon a couple of times after I had finished it to see if I could figure it out. I asked a friend for a hint twice and he told me I had to
use bombs and that it was timing-based
. But even with those I couldn't do it on my own. I just ended up looking up the solution. No regrets.

Fisico

At the North East of the dark world there's a cave where
a monster offers you rupees if you don't hit him, if you refuse thrice he goes all berserk and seems to be invincible
is there anything we can do ?

Ragus

Banned
Do you folks now if there is some kind of a list with all treasure trials? They are very fun, I did 3 or 4 and I would like to know if there are more.

sphinx

the piano man
I am trying to avoid spoilers but one thing is annoying the shit out of me. so I'll ask just to get a hint, not to get a concrete answer.

I am asuming there is an upgrade to the power glove which will allow me lift the bigger boulders. I have been missing on a shiton of Miamaias and goodies because I don't have it.

Will I get that upgrade over the normal course of the game or is it like the boots that you can miss them all together? I have beaten turtle rock and skull woods so far.

takriel

I am trying to avoid spoilers but one thing is annoying the shit out of me. so I'll ask just to get a hint, not to get a concrete answer.

I am asuming there is an upgrade to the power glove which will allow me lift the bigger boulders. I have been missing on a shiton of Miamaias and goodies because I don't have it.

Will I get that upgrade over the normal course of the game or is it like the boots that you can miss them all together? I have beaten turtle rock and skull woods so far.

You'll get it in one of the dungeons.
The sand/desert dungeon

Leezard

No, they are not missable.

LGom09

Just finished it. I think my only complaint is that it was too easy. I played through LTTP for the first time right before this. I think my death count in LTTP was 106 compared to 2 in ALBW. Amazing game otherwise.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Not finding this game particularly hard myself but I found the
Ice Ruins
to be a bit of a bitch.. and actually died over 7 times attempting to beat this one part.

Or maybe I just suck at this game.;;p

wrowa

You can't miss it, buuut I think you are employing the wrong tactic to gef those maimais.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I have 2 main dungeons left in Lorule, and have yet to die or get really stuck in dungeons

had to use two bottled ferries in Ice ruins though

overall the dungeons are a bit too easy imo, both regarding battles and puzzles. many of the most interesting challenges and puzzles I find to be in the overworld

but that is also the only weak point of the game so far

Forkball

Two more dungeons to go. Game is blowing by, but there's a lot of side stuff I've missed. I only have one bottle! I've actually found some of the bosses to be tough. I died on the desert and woods bosses. This may be a result of an overwhelming sense of cockiness though.

reektann

Two more dungeons to go. Game is blowing by, but there's a lot of side stuff I've missed. I only have one bottle! I've actually found some of the bosses to be tough. I died on the desert and woods bosses. This may be a result of an overwhelming sense of cockiness though.

I always keep stock of 3 fairies in bottles ( I somehow used them all on the last battle )

soultron

Banned
Cannot believe how potentially late in the game the Treacherous Tower Advanced reward is given. The item may as well be useless so late in the game.

I guess I was lucky. I found both almost at random.

soultron

Banned
They're useless at any point frankly. Seems like more of a bonus than a serious item.

I agree. I do think you need them for the Streetpass battle challenges though.

Speaking of the challenges for Streetpass, do you get anything for beating them all? All 50?

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Am I correct in thinking that the boots are miss-able ?

Could someone give me a generic hint without spoiling perhaps ?

soultron

Banned
Am I correct in thinking that the boots are miss-able ?

Could someone give me a generic hint without spoiling perhaps ?

Talk to a kid in Kakariko Village and he might give you a hint. Listen to what he says.

This kid will only give you the hint once you've run into a certain character who bumps into you elsewhere in Hyrule. (Without knowing how far you are in the game I can't really judge how to safely give this one to you.)

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Talk to a kid in Kakariko Village and he might give you a hint. Listen to what he says.

This kid will only give you the hint once you've run into a certain character who bumps into you elsewhere in Hyrule. (Without knowing how far you are in the game I can't really judge how to safely give this one to you.)

Thank you, I have found someone later in the game that I think you are referencing. I shall go chatting tonight in the village.

Thanks !

emb

I had exactly the same problem (though I gave in sooner). I would have almost never gotten that.

soultron

Banned
I had exactly the same problem (though I gave in sooner). I would have almost never gotten that.

Using the +pad is such an integral part to solving some of the more (albeit few in number) complex puzzles. Sometimes you won't see everything you need in the "default view," if you catch my drift.

Top Bottom