• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Gsnap

Where would they put the DLC dungeons in the overworlds? Don't see them adding to the map unless the make another overworld altogether. Midrule, anyone?

Treacherous Tower. The lady gives you the option to do the normal tower challenge, or to take on dungeon challenges.

Koozek

Where would they put the DLC dungeons in the overworlds? Don't see them adding to the map unless the make another overworld altogether. Midrule, anyone?

Well, I think they should have thought about it beforehand and put some special "Forgotten Ruins" or something along that line on the map. Maybe in Lorule would be better so as not to retcon the original Hyrule overworld.

Edit:
Treacherous Tower. The lady gives you the option to do the normal tower challenge, or to take on dungeon challenges.

Oooh, nice idea. Yeah, that'd work, I guess.

Anteo

I expected you all guns blazing at the idea of DLC in a Zelda :D But, yeah, the stand alone argument is good. It'd just add to the game and they could ramp up the difficulty more than in the main game because of accessibility and user friendliness that has to be ensured.

I can't check right now but if I'm not mistaken there is still unused space in the item menu after getting everything, right? DLC might even add a cool item or two. Who knows... someone should give Nintendo the right idea on Twitter/Facebook^^

Actually no, I got all the items and with having 2 equiped items you should only have one slot left for the item Zelda gives you at the very end.

llamarawk

For some reason this idea bores me. The treacherous tower has its purpose, no need to add on more options to it. I think it would be interesting to add new places to explore and more story in addition to extra dungeons. Problem is this would be hard to implement for many reasons. The game is already essentially perfect and resources may be better focused on the next project (Zelda U).

nasos_333

For some reason this idea bores me. The treacherous tower has its purpose, no need to add on more options to it. I think it would be interesting to add new places to explore and more story in addition to extra dungeons. Problem is this would be hard to implement for many reasons. The game is already essentially perfect and resources may be better focused on the next project (Zelda U).

Or the next 3DS Zelda

After Zelda TP and SS i would really love to see all their efforts go to 3DS games

Gsnap

The quality of TP and SS don't determine the quality of Zelda U. If anything, LBW's quality will have the most influence on Zelda U. Aonuma has already said he's rethinking the conventions of Zelda. They're in a different mindset now, and that mindset gave us LBW. So I have high hopes for Zelda U.

Moff

I think nintendo is on a good path right now. most of their latest game have been very focused on diverse gameplay with fresh mechanics. especially ALBW excelled in this.
I hope they manage to bring this to the Wiiu in an exciting way, similar to what they did with mario wörld but I hope its going to be a lot bigger than that.

Socreges

Banned
More than ever I want to see a very good home console Zelda, especially since it'll be HD. Even if it's in the style of ALBW/LTTP.

Chitown B

Glad I can take screenshots now.

MQYpZ4V.jpg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnaABwVgQ

NICE! Does that do anything special?

Timeaisis

Finished my 99.99% Hero Mode run (as someone on Miiverse pointed out, I didn't do the Streetpass medals and didn't get the big cucco, so let's call those the remaining 0.01%).

Nice. Yeah, as far as I'm concerned that's 100%. I don't have enough streetpasses to do all the medals, and besides, the big cucco
doesn't really do anything.
It
supposedly heals you or something, I think.

I'm starting my Hero Mode run today, going for 100% on that too (already did main).

Mistle

I was adamant the flattened dungeon difficulty was going to be a big problem for me, but man, I was wrong. The Lorule dungeons are so well made and so fun that it doesn't bother me. I have two left now- the Dark one and the Mountain one (I think)

This is probably my favourite top-down Zelda.

WatTsu

Just got this game earlier this week and I really like it. It's easily (for me) better than any of the recent Zeldas, and by recent I mean since like 1993.

Tower of Hera and Thieves' Hideout were both really incredibly fun and creative dungeons. I also love that the game doesn't waste your time with a bunch of tutorials or lengthy cutscenes. I really hope this is the new direction Zelda is taking; if so I might actually start finishing these games.

120v

The quality of TP and SS don't determine the quality of Zelda U. If anything, LBW's quality will have the most influence on Zelda U. Aonuma has already said he's rethinking the conventions of Zelda. They're in a different mindset now, and that mindset gave us LBW. So I have high hopes for Zelda U.

i know i'm in the minority but i don't think LBW will have much bearing on what Zelda U will be like... LBW is a top-down portable zelda that's suppossed to be a homage to the 2D games. it will likely be nothing like Zelda U

and not to be debby downer but skyward sword was also touted to "shake up conventions" so i would take it with a grain of salt.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Done five of the dungeons in Lorule now. Its good, but nowhere near Skyward Sword in my opinion, and even further from the magnificent Twilight Princess. Its definitely the best handheld Zelda since Minish Cap though, and maybe ever, which is fun.

neoism

WELP DAT ENDING @___@ :O :O :O

Best Zelda in a long time... I bought SS and just didn't feel it all the filler in that game I didn't even get past the 3rd dungeon before I quit... I also never really liked any of the DS Zelda's I HATED PH didn't even buy ST so this is really the first Zelda game I loved since TP... It's most definitely the best Zelda game I've played since OOT though.. I really hope they go this route for WiiU Zelda it will probably get me to buy an WiiU... REALLLY LOVED IT..

NOW WE NEED MM 3D pls Nintendo pls....

stats ... <3
will start Hero mode tomorrow... this game is my GOTY lol
ibej7YnGvKCJUJ.JPG

iFqhx6S80ihmv.png

great length hope Hero mode will take longer will take my time even more so :p

Socreges

Banned
Regular difficulty should have been minimum 1 heart damage while Hero mode would be 2x damage (ie, same difficulty). That would be perfect, I think.

Tempted to do a HM run, but I think I'll put the game aside for a while. Too much on the backlog to play this twice consecutively.

nasos_333

They show a trend though

If they manage to give us a proper one though that does not feel like a chore with easy dungeons and linear world then i am all for it

But my guess is that the new graphics standard will drag Zelda even further down

While on 3DS they can do pure gameplay and give us a top fun game like LBW

NICE! Does that do anything special?

Hopefully the clear majora mask reference is preparing us for the upcoming Zelda MM 3D remake on 3DS :)

Gsnap

They show a trend though

If they manage to give us a proper one though that does not feel like a chore with easy dungeons and linear world then i am all for it

But my guess is that the new graphics standard will drag Zelda even further down

While on 3DS they can do pure gameplay and give us a top fun game like LBW

Not sure how the graphical standards have anything to do with how the game plays other than one being 2d and the other 3d. And we can't know whether the dungeons will be easy or not (they were certainly easy in LBW for the most part), but Aonuma made it pretty clear in that Nintendo Direct that the next Zelda game shouldn't be too linear.

I'd be very surprised if a lot of the thought process that went into LBW doesn't leak into Zelda U.

TheContact

Tower of hera was too easy and short. I thought the first dungeon required more thought. Also the boss was familiar and easy and didn't even require the hammer

lol... not sure if this is allowed...
i have an extra zelda ALBW download code for sale. pm me if you are interested... lol

It is but go to gaming community and look for the buy/sell sticky

Just finished this game 100% all hearts, all upgrades.

what an amazing game! easily one of the favorites of all time!!

the music is god tier!

thanks Nintendo!

The Hermit

I finished it yesterday. Disappointing ending and final boss, got insanely overpowered after rescuing all Maimais and sword upgrade, but the rest game of is amazing.

The music is perfect, I slept listening to the 2 musicians in the Milk Bar. Those are tears inducing.

I am so happy Nintendo did a Zelda game with orchestrated music... SS was a letdown in that aspect.

i know i'm in the minority but i don't think LBW will have much bearing on what Zelda U will be like... LBW is a top-down portable zelda that's suppossed to be a homage to the 2D games. it will likely be nothing like Zelda U

and not to be debby downer but skyward sword was also touted to "shake up conventions" so i would take it with a grain of salt.

Aounuma made it clear in interviews that the design of ALBW was informed by the reaction to SS so I see no reason to think that the Wii U game won't go the other way and be informed by the (overwhelmingly positive) reaction to ALBW.

braves01

Banned
Hero mode probably should have been normal mode. I've got three dark world dungeons left and feel more than capable of taking anything on at this point. It was only kind of difficult in the beginning where a single hit or two could kill you.

Do we know what this little extra is that you get after finishing Hero mode ? Aonuma was hinting at it recently ?

I loved ALBW, it is in my top three Zelda list, but I don´t want to go through it again (right know)

RM8

I don't usually enjoy Zelda. Very oddly enough, I only like both NES games and ALTTP which is just a brilliant game - I've played Ocarina and TP and I think they're good games, but not really my kind of game TBH, and I had never played a handheld Zelda even if they're blatantly closer to the kind of Zelda I enjoy, lol. Well, I bought this yesterday and I'm absolutely loving it :p Maaaan, I do like Zelda I guess. Once I'm done with this I'm trying one of the handheld Zelda games on the eShop. Top-down Zelda is best Zelda.

D-e-f-

Banned
Hero mode probably should have been normal mode. I've got three dark world dungeons left and feel more than capable of taking anything on at this point. It was only kind of difficult in the beginning where a single hit or two could kill you.

Hero mode INSTEAD of normal mode? lol no, terrible idea. Way to alienate the part of the audience that doesn't need Zelda do be Dark Souls.

Am I the only one that thinks that they should port this to the WiiU?

Port? Ew. What's it with all those terrible ideas lately?

Make another game like it but built from the ground up for it (FSA2?)? Sure, maybe?

The Boat

Absolutely not. Hero mode is way too hard to be a normal mode.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This game was near perfect beyond the difficulty level. The one thing that I would change as far as mechanics go for the next Zelda game would be to take away the rental system and, instead, have all of the items available right at the beginning, but hidden in mini-dungeons scattered throughout the overworld.

Make it like the power gloves and pegasus boots in this game, and like the ice rod, the medallions, the magic cape, and the cane of Somaria (edit: no, the other one. The blue one) in the original.

afoni

Banned
3 more dungeons left to go in my hero mode + 3 heart run. I left 3 of the most annoying bosses until last, so this whole 'not using a fairy' thing is going to go down nicely with them.

Not being able to go back to a save point during Thieves' Den wasn't all that fun.

Neiteio

Three dungeons left -- Dark Palace, Ice Palace and Turtle Rock, in that order. I just did Skull Palace -- excellent dungeon! Short and straightforward, but so clever, going inside and outside, dropping through the ceiling, and tricking the Wallmaster into crushing the floor, defeating enemies, flipping switches... Also, the 3D effect on the Wallmaster looks so good that I kept luring it out just to see it float high "above" the screen.

The stealth section leading up to the Dark Palace was another impressive sequence -- simple, sure, but fun. I also got 111 rupees in the baseball game -- not as difficult as I had been led to believe, although it probably would've taken longer if I hadn't read GAF and learned about when to hit the ball (late to go left, soon to go right). The key is to hit three pots, and then NOT alter your stance as the bird flies by. At that point it's just a matter of hitting soon if it's at the right or middle of the screen, or late (as the ball sails past the bat) if the bird is on the left side of the screen.

On a final note, Miiverse is fantastic for this game. Taking screenshots of the Wallmaster in 3D and capturing the moment I beat the baseball minigame was a lot of fun. Always rewarding to get those "Yeahs!"

Tower of hera was too easy and short. I thought the first dungeon required more thought. Also the boss was familiar and easy and didn't even require the hammer
All of the dungeons felt like that in my opinion. I knew something was up when I kept getting the boss keys in no time at all. There's just no sense of exploration and path finding in the dungeons (aside from one or two) and that's a huge disappointment for me, especially when the game is great fun outside the dungeons. Ultimately the Item rental system was a double edge sword. I don't want it back in future Zelda games.

Derrick01

Banned
Hero mode INSTEAD of normal mode? lol no, terrible idea. Way to alienate the part of the audience that doesn't need Zelda do be Dark Souls.

There's a big difference between Dark Souls and Baby mode, which is what this game is set on by default. For games that focus on nothing but gameplay like Nintendo games do, they sure are easy as hell and not very deep.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just realized that
Yuganon's
tired grunts he does after
you beat his first phase
are the same Ganondorf does after you beat his first phase in Ocarina of Time, but slower and with a deeper voice.

Top Bottom