• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
For the pegasus boots:

Hint 1 :
You can get them once you've gotten the smooth stone thing back to the zora queen

Hint 2 :
Who's acting differently in Kariko?

Hint 3 Telling you where they are :
shady looking guy who runs fast has them

Hint 4 Telling you how to get them :
jump into the wall while away from him, walk up to him within the wall and pop out to catch him

blue mail is a chest item in one of the lorule dungeons.

For the upgraded sword, you need to
give two ore pieces to someone for one upgrade, and then two to someone else
. Three can be found in lorule dungeons, and one is the prize of a lorule mini-dungeon.

First person to give ore to :
hyrule blacksmith

Second person:
lorule blacksmith

Thanks. Will do some questing soon I guess :)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN BARELY SEE IT MAN, it's not my FAULT!!!

haha, glad I wasn't the only one. It's weird because I always check for it before warping out, must be because I played the dungeon at full speed

Sanjuro

Just finished the game.

1178528385900yg3.gif

Now, I have to think of other reasons to keep the 3DS. Feel like this was a one and done.

I'm not finished yet, but are many people of the opinion that, outside the 100% goal and hero mode, there's no real reason to replay this and probably worth trading in?

Chitown B

Just finished the game.

1178528385900yg3.gif

Now, I have to think of other reasons to keep the 3DS. Feel like this was a one and done.

Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Mario Kart 7
Zelda: OOT 3D
VC titles if you like Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages/Seasons,etc

I'm not finished yet, but are many people of the opinion that, outside the 100% goal and hero mode, there's no real reason to replay this and probably worth trading in?

What reason is there to replay any other game after you 100% it on hardest difficulty? I mean......

KarmaCow

It's like any other Zelda game in that regard. The streetpass stuff is alright and I don't think the non-linear aspect of the game doesn't really help the replay value. Since you can just buy every item so easily, each dungeon is effectively isolated and standalone rather than really influenced by your past choices.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just finished the game after 26 hous. So great :D Never saw the ending coming :D

Just one question, does anybody knows the name of th song, that played while
Zelda gave Link the light arrows in the final battle? I think I heard it before in Twilight Princess but I am not aware of its name and it would be great, if I could listen again to it ^^

Anyway, I am really happy that I bought some weeks ago a SNES with A Link To The Past, so could start now with the predecessor^^

Sanjuro

Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Mario Kart 7
Zelda: OOT 3D
VC titles if you like Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages/Seasons,etc

What reason is there to replay any other game after you 100% it on hardest difficulty? I mean......

This is the second 3DS I've purchased. First one I had Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, and Mario 3D land. Really didn't get into it.

This time I got the Zelda model just for that game, but there really isn't anything else on the horizon.

Still one of the best games I've played in a few years. Best Zelda game for me since the N64.

Madouu

This is the second 3DS I've purchased. First one I had Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, and Mario 3D land. Really didn't get into it.

This time I got the Zelda model just for that game, but there really isn't anything else on the horizon.

Still one of the best games I've played in a few years. Best Zelda game for me since the N64.

If you like jrpgs and dungeon crawlers there's a lot of games to play, if not might as well sell it back.

Sanjuro

If you like jrpgs and dungeon crawlers there's a lot of games to play, if not might as well sell it back.

Yeah, I'm likely going to head back to the store in a little bit.

I did the same thing with the PSP. In the end, I bought/returned eight of them. Would always pick up for a particular game and end up bringing it back or trading it in.

Just not a huge fan of handhelds any longer I guess.

Zelda did a fantastic job on the 3D though. I haven't been impressed with it once prior. Read somewhere the 60fps helped achieve that effect.

i actually looked back at the announcement thread and i'm amazed at that one dude insisting that this game would be a complete defilement of lttp with tons of padding and tutorials and companions

it's pretty amazing how... alive hyrule and lorule are in this game. it doesn't feel like past zelda games where it's basically just one or two "islands" of people who seem to be completely cut off and ignorant of the world outside of their village screen. despite the lack of tutorials and exposition, this game is dense with npcs to talk to

Sanjuro

You must have very specific tastes then.

Have you played the 3DS version of OOT?

I do lately. I just know this sexy looking gold handheld is going to sit around and collect dust for a while. I purchased it for strictly nostalgic reasons, and was thrilled the game didn't simply rely on those tactics. Game was absolutely everything I would have wanted in a Zelda title and the only one in years which has delivered this strongly.

As for OOT:3DS, I've only played it for brief periods of time. I revisited it not too long ago on the Gamecube though.

Sanjuro

Started playing yesterday, finally reached
the dark world
. So far I've enjoyed it quite a lot, although the identical overworld is a bit of a disappointment.

I can't help but wonder if I really love this game or if some of my love comes simply from nostalgia.

Maybe for you. The nostalgia factor wore off well before that for me. The door was sealed once I reached the final dungeon.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The
Desert boss
is kicking my ass, any advice? This is only the third Lorule dungeon I've done, after
the Thieves Den and the Turtle Rock or whatever
and I just can't do anything against this guy.
I can't dodge his little flying dudes and his sand beam effectively at the same time, and the collapsing sand bridges keep trapping me in bad positions where I have to make a new one into a dangerous position

Anteo

Do you have a upgraded rod?
I fought him both times with the upgraded rod so I never experienced these broken bridges you talk about. Also, just move left to right, he is not fast enough to hit a moving target

I just beat it. I really feel that I would have appreciated this game more if I didn't beat Link to the Past for the first time ever a few months ago.

- The game is way way WAY too fucking easy. I didn't die once during a boss battle. Not once.

- Some of the weakest dungeons in the series. They really didn't feel that "epic" nor did I get those "Aha!" moments after having the dungeon crawling come to a close.

I basically feel like this guy after completing it.

Game was way too easy. The dungeons need to be a lot harder, as well as the bosses.

Skab

Hm. There is a room and a chest in the
Dark Palace
that has me stumped. I've already cleared the dungeon, boss included, so it's obviously optional for the dungeon itself, but not being able to get to them are bothering me.

El Odio

Banned
Dark Palace
that has me stumped. I've already cleared the dungeon, boss included, so it's obviously optional for the dungeon itself, but not being able to get to them are bothering me.
If it's the one on the second floor in the middle then
you get into it using a flipping wall. In the room south of it with the switches that raise the platforms the southern most switch will also flip the wall between the two rooms.

Griss

The people in this thread convinced me to get this game for Christmas. Unfortunately I went to Canada with family for the holidays and my 3DS charger didn't work.

However I just got one from the lost and found in the hotel, and can play the game one day late! Just started the first five minutes - initial impression: I didn't believe people in this thread, but it really does look so much better in motion and in 3d. It still looks horrible in 2D though. Music is already good, but Link's character model is horrible, lol.

Can't wait to get stuck in.

The
Desert boss
is kicking my ass, any advice? This is only the third Lorule dungeon I've done, after
the Thieves Den and the Turtle Rock or whatever
and I just can't do anything against this guy.
I can't dodge his little flying dudes and his sand beam effectively at the same time, and the collapsing sand bridges keep trapping me in bad positions where I have to make a new one into a dangerous position

You have a couple options. Upgrade the sand rod if you haven't. Also don't try and dodge the flying things, just kill them with your sword. You can also go to the the water dungeon and get its item which will help
blue tunic halves the damage you take

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You have a couple options. Upgrade the sand rod if you haven't. Also don't try and dodge the flying things, just kill them with your sword. You can also go to the the water dungeon and get its item which will help
blue tunic halves the damage you take

Hm, okay.

The one complaint I have about this game so far is that its the only game where I've felt that the Circle Pad was imprecise. I had trouble with the
Turtle Rock
boss and with this boss where I feel like I have to push the pad too far before it recognizes that I want Link to turn around, so even if I see the flying things coming at me I'm not fast enough to spin and slash them

Hm, okay.

The one complaint I have about this game so far is that its the only game where I've felt that the Circle Pad was imprecise. I had trouble with the
Turtle Rock
boss and with this boss where I feel like I have to push the pad too far before it recognizes that I want Link to turn around, so even if I see the flying things coming at me I'm not fast enough to spin and slash them

hmm..well, upgrading the bow would also help, you can
shoot three arrows at once
and should help take out those guys without you having to aim perfectly

Rich!

Off topic slightly, but I want to replay Majora's Mask.

Do I do it now via my N64, or wait for the 3DS remake thats hopefully coming out next year? (IT HAD BETTER FUCKING BE, ANYWAY)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Palace
That was the only puzzle in the game that I spoiled for myself. I don't think I'd ever have gotten it on my own.

KarmaCow

Dark Palace

Easily best puzzle in the game. Don't spoil yourself on it, just keep looking for signs or otherwise conspicuous elements in the room.

Nerokis

The people in this thread convinced me to get this game for Christmas. Unfortunately I went to Canada with family for the holidays and my 3DS charger didn't work.

However I just got one from the lost and found in the hotel, and can play the game one day late! Just started the first five minutes - initial impression: I didn't believe people in this thread, but it really does look so much better in motion and in 3d. It still looks horrible in 2D though. Music is already good, but Link's character model is horrible, lol.

Can't wait to get stuck in.

I always saw charm in the art style, but I was nonetheless really taken aback by how much better the game looks in 3D and in motion. You're in for an amazing ride. I beat the game in three days (I had good reason to rush through it!), and I seriously can't wait to jump back in and try out Hero Mode. The look is far from the only thing that totally surpassed my already relatively high expectations.

That was the only puzzle in the game that I spoiled for myself. I don't think I'd ever have gotten it on my own.

I rushed through the dungeon and ended up missing that chest. Ended up re-exploring various dungeons for missed chests, and yeah, it took me a minute to figure out how to get that one.

Top Bottom