• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Bullza2o

My Zelda preorder still says that they need more time to give me an estimate while my 3D World preorder is estimated to arrive next Tuesday. I'm not sure what to do..

Mine says estimated delivery date is Tuesday. I canceled 3D World hoping for a BF sale next week (I might regret this). You should check with Amazon CS to make sure, or just re-preorder it.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I stupidly sold my copy of Oracle of Seasons to Gamestop a few years ago. After I finish ALBW, OaS will be avenged.
It's going to be a great Thanksgiving break.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Just for shit and giggles they should mention on the picture that A Link Between Worlds has a higher Metacritic score than any PS4 and Xbox One launch titles.

b but Ryse
we only need that as a confirmation, which will come

Finished my review copy earlier today. Marvelous game, and pretty much everything Zelda and A Link to the Past fans want it to be. I loved every minute. Can't wait to replay it on Hero Mode!

afoni

Banned
Finished my review copy earlier today. Marvelous game, and pretty much everything Zelda and A Link to the Past fans want it to be. I loved every minute. Can't wait to replay it on Hero Mode!

How are the bosses? More specifically, do they use the required dungeon items or is it mostly sword and shield? I'm after the former and hoping it is the case.

How are the bosses? More specifically, do they use the required dungeon items or is it mostly sword and shield? I'm after the former and hoping it is the case.

It varies. There are a couple that require only the sword and good dodging skills, but the majority of the bosses do require the use of at least one dungeon item. And for the bosses that don't require them, using the dungeon items can sometimes make them easier or change your battle tactics.

watershed

Banned
For those who have beaten it, is there any point to completing the master quest after beating the main quest? Is there some kind of bonus or alternate content? Spoiler tags please but be specific. I want to know if its worth a second complete playthrough.

afoni

Banned
It varies. There are a couple that require only the sword and good dodging skills, but the majority of the bosses do require the use of at least one dungeon item. And for the bosses that don't require them, using the dungeon items can sometimes make them easier or change your battle tactics.

Sounds like it's the best of both worlds.

that was a thinly veiled joke

IrishNinja

damn i want this, but i told myself i'd beat all mainline zeldas this year and i still have spirit tracks & oracle of ages on deck...

so it's official, best pre-order bonus is eshop codes? we're definitely not getting that treasure chest anywhere stateside, yeah?

RagnarokX

An hour late, but:

C1TXeQM.jpg

TehWhite

Neo Member
You think I'd be able to find a copy of the gold 3ds in two weeks?... I'm getting the xbox one on friday. So I won't get payed for another two weeks. =/ . Ik japan sold out in 5 mins but you can still order it on GS and the limited Wiiu is still available as well. I'm thinking the demand isnt as high since the ps4 and xbox ones released pretty close or I'd think since Christmas is around the corner so stock will be much higher... What do you guys think? .I'm still crying that I wasnt able to get the pikachu 3ds...

Oh man. I don't ever get hyped for hand held titles, but as this is tied to my very first 3DS (the gold XL) and with the reviews being so overwhelming positive, it's hard to hold my hype.

Shaanyboi

Banned
damn i want this, but i told myself i'd beat all mainline zeldas this year and i still have spirit tracks & oracle of ages on deck...

so it's official, best pre-order bonus is eshop codes? we're definitely not getting that treasure chest anywhere stateside, yeah?
Best buy Canada was offering it to online preorders until yesterday

VeeP

At times like these I really wish I was a Legend of Zelda fan.

But anyways, I hope Nintendo keeps the 3DS games coming.

Some days ago somebody said that he had finished the game in both Normal and Hero modes, but that he had unlocked something that would keep him playing for a while (so he couldn't say he had finished the game 100%). It is already known what was all that about? Because I haven't heard anything about it in any other review or comment...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
checking mail every ten minutes now to see if game has dispatched

kill me

OH ODE TO JOY

"Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him."

it dispatched now

javac

Shikata:No, A Link to the Past wasn't on our minds at all. We didn't even have the idea of Link entering walls. We were thinking about a Zelda game with the theme of communication. When we presented it, Miyamoto-san said, "This sounds like an idea that's 20 years old." (laughs)
Iwata:From 20 years ago? (laughs) Did the air get chilly?
Shikata:No, it was cold from the start! (laughs)

(lol)

javac

Aonuma:Right. In Japan, though, it didn't feel out of place to add a "2" to Triforce of the Gods, so we decided on that. Some of the staff, however, thought that would encourage people to think it is a remake.

Shikata:There was even talk of calling it The New Legend of Zelda like there's New Super Mario! (laughs)

If only...

And how is that a bad thing? Ancient Cistern and mining facility are two of the best dungeons in the entire franchise.

Snowpeak ruins is possibly linear also but that dungeon is definitely one of the best.

No, they weren't. The design and the concept is great but when a dungeon is so easy that I can play through on my first playtrough without thinking or get stuck I can't describe them as good dungeons.

JoeM86

Looking forward to this, awaiting to hear from ShopTo that they've shipped it.

I just have a concern that it's too open. I like having a logical order to proceed :/

Sinthetic

My Nintendo Store ordered just shipped. You can tell it's TheHut from the style of the mail.

This may be the one and only time I go with "Nintendo Store". Worth it for the Chest this time round.

Amazon decided they wanted to deliver my copy next Tuesday so I cancelled last night and preordered from the closest Gamestop.

I really like Amazon, but their preorder system leaves a lot to be desired sometimes.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
At times like these I really wish I was a Legend of Zelda fan.

But anyways, I hope Nintendo keeps the 3DS games coming.

Fair play, I'm not as big a fan of the 3d games as I'd like. They're just so slow and ponderous and I just am not too big a fan of puzzles.

I enjoyed LTTP when I was a kid and this one looks so much snappier that I really think I'll click with it.

Maiar_m

I have no idea how long I have left in this game but I don't want it to end. It's really really good. it's Link's Awakening levels of good, folded in with secondary quests that you actually want to get through, the gameplay is great, the music is awesome, the onbly thing that's bothered me so far is the lack of ability to "write" on the map like you could do in the DS versions...so in a word, it's beyond awesome.

takriel

The soundtrack is so great that even my girlfriend, who has never played a Zelda game (but loves watching me play them) sums the Lorule Overworld theme when it plays. That makes me feel so happy lol.

D-e-f-

Banned
For those who have beaten it, is there any point to completing the master quest after beating the main quest? Is there some kind of bonus or alternate content? Spoiler tags please but be specific. I want to know if its worth a second complete playthrough.

There is no master quest. It's called Hero mode. Master quest implies something very very different.

StAidan

I was resigned to having to wait until Christmas to play this (my wife doesn't normally let me spend video game money in Nov/Dec), but last night I took the Best Buy $100 gift card deal for trading in my old 360 and now I'm super-hyped for Friday!

I don't want to get my hopes too high, but LttP is my favorite Zelda of all time, and a sequel is something I always dreamed of, but never thought it would happen.

Top Bottom