• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Neiteio

The video cannot be appreciated by me solely because Spirit Tracks is a fantastic game, if it has some noticeable flaws..
His one-note dismissal of Spirit Tracks aside, I think he does a good job summing up general sentiment about Zelda titles as of late -- how there's always a glaring flaw for every good point. It's nice to hear that ALBW bucks that trend with gameplay that's fantastic through and through.

For the new page: Gamespot put together a video that will send you into hype overload. It was posted earlier, but here's the YouTube link: How this Zelda avoids all the pitfalls of past Zeldas and does everything right.

Has Amazon given anyone an estimated ship date yet? They just e-mailed me saying mine will be arriving on the following Tuesday, which means I'm canceling my order. Bummer.

LAA

Still havent had my Zelda 3DS XL dispatched yet, :(, ha ha, ShopTo would probably dispatch today if it was just the game, but seeing its the console and its using DPD, they may ship tomorrow to arrive friday, we'll see though.

As for Zelda 3DS XL beating X1, not surprising at all, ha ha. Seeing its a Gold 3DS, bound to get some people drawn in (me included), and the 3DS is more of an investment into the NOW game wise AND into the future, while an X1 is more of an investment into the future, which is unclear.

Would like to know how much X1 sells compared to PS4, though we'll only know about that comparison in the US... for now. I think all the shops seem to be doing MS PR crap atm, so just waiting for hard data. Will be curious to know if the X1 got beaten to the ground or whether it did alright. Personally hopes it gets beaten to the ground, not because "I'm a sonyboyyy" or whatever, just that it may help them to change their philosophy regarding Xbox. Don't want/need a TV box, gaming should always be the priority, though that only makes sense from a gamer's perspective, which is me.

Glix

I'm fucking crazed for this game. Hype overdrive. I just read the Iwata asks, and I'm champing and that fucking bit.

FRIDAY BABY!

Rockondevil

Man this game looks so amazing and the reviews seem to mirror that.
If only I had a 3DS because I so want this and Pokemon.

I wish the WiiU could play DS games somehow. Gamepad is bottom screen and TV is top screen.

Velcro Fly

Hoping to get this game relatively quickly on Friday so I have time to play a little and set up streetpass. Symphony of the Goddesses that night so maybe get some crude Links ready to fight!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man, I'm already balancing New Leaf and Pokémon everyday and now I have to add in ALBW.

At least 3DWorld gets the Wii U to its self for now.

Hermii

His one-note dismissal of Spirit Tracks aside, I think he does a good job summing up general sentiment about Zelda titles as of late -- how there's always a glaring flaw for every good point. It's nice to hear that ALBW bucks that trend with gameplay that's fantastic through and through.

For the new page: Gamespot put together a video that will send you into hype overload. It was posted earlier, but here's the YouTube link: How this Zelda avoids all the pitfalls of past Zeldas and does everything right.

I liked the tear collecting in Skyward Sword.

Dougald

I completely forgot this was coming out. I thought I cancelled my pre-order months ago when I realised this was dropping the same month as the PS4 and Mario 3D World, but I just got a dispatch confirmation so I guess I even forgot to cancel the order.

LTTP is my favourite Zelda so I really hope it lives up to the hype

Hit up Target late last night. Was surprised to see this out on the floor.

cqGf2N0.jpg

ramyeon

Really have my fingers crossed for a street break on Friday in Australia (Doesn't come out till Saturday here, Nintendo loves its weekend launches). If not I'll be heading over to Big W on Saturday to pick it up since they have it the cheapest at $48.

Auskeek

Really have my fingers crossed for a street break on Friday in Australia (Doesn't come out till Saturday here, Nintendo loves its weekend launches). If not I'll be heading over to Big W on Saturday to pick it up since they have it the cheapest at $48.

The Good Guys $47. On that note, I don't think EB will give me the treasure chest if I price match. Is that thing worth $13 bucks?

Skyzard

Banned
Had a weird dream yesterday where I found my 3DS (which I had won in a previous dream) was pretty excited to go grab zelda and was looking for a power adapter in the dream lol. damn too much gaf :p

LAA

I just cancelled my ShopTo order...
...As I found Tesco were offering it for £20 less! (With a coupon), I begrudge paying the same as the US are, so pretty happy with that.
It says I can collect it tomorrow after 4pm, so hope that's true! Wont be surprised if they do, they'll probably be pretty busy with X1 stuff.

Conor 419

Banned
I am so fucking excited for this game, like I've been going around throwing chairs and shit. I'm reviewing it for the University Paper and let's fucking face it guys, that review is going to be a triumphant polemic regarding its competition.

spadge

I just cancelled my ShopTo order...
...As I found Tesco were offering it for £20 less! (With a coupon), I begrudge paying the same as the US are, so pretty happy with that.
It says I can collect it tomorrow after 4pm, so hope that's true! Wont be surprised if they do, they'll probably be pretty busy with X1 stuff.

could you share the voucher code? I've got mine ordered with sainsbury's, but they often don't arrive on day of release.

LAA

could you share the voucher code? I've got mine ordered with sainsbury's, but they often don't arrive on day of release.

Its apparently a first customer at tesco direct voucher if that changes anything, but its: TDX-FQ7W

Good luck on it, never knew tesco had collection delivery, so thats neat, fingers crossed I can pick it up tomorrow.

EDIT: Apparently you can use the code "EARLYBIRD" to get it for £175 at TheHut compared to £179 for me at tesco, but don't really trust Zavvi/TheHut, (Despite the only thing I ordered from them getting to me on release date, ha ha), and not sure they can delivery on time for release date this late.

Played three or four hours yesterday. Did the first three temples and arrived into
Lorule]

So far, what I'm loving most is the Music.

I think it's the best score on any Zelda game.

The old themes plus the new ones are eargasmic.

Moff

ugh, now I'll have to check if any places nearby are selling it early, although I've never had any success with our Swiss stores...

most stores break street dates here, try interdiscount, m-electronics or manor.

although the homepage says differently, wog.ch usually sends orders out 2 days before release, which means you'll get it 1 day before official release.
they are preparing my zelda 3DSXL right now, so I'll have it tomorrow, but since the game needs to be downloaded I guess I'll still have to wait for the official release.

most stores break street dates here, try interdiscount, m-electronics or manor.

although the homepage says differently, wog.ch usually sends orders out 2 days before release, which means you'll get it 1 day before official release.
they are preparing my zelda 3DSXL right now, so I'll have it tomorrow, but since the game needs to be downloaded I guess I'll still have to wait for the official release.

Really? In and around Zürich? I thought wog.ch was sending them out tomorrow but I'm working a pretty terrible shift on Friday so I need it earlier. I have to go to the airport either way so I guess I can take a short detour.

Moff

Really? In and around Zürich? I thought wog.ch was sending them out tomorrow but I'm working a pretty terrible shift on Friday so I need it earlier. I have to go to the airport either way so I guess I can take a short detour.

there is no guarantee, but I think chances are good that if you order it now you'll have it tomorrow if its still in stock.
I dont study anymore in zurich, but I used to buy games early at the interdiscount at the main station. there is no harm in trying softridge there either.

Mendrox

German Gaffer here, get the game for 29€ if you deliver it to Hermes from www.otto.de with the new customer coupon (10€ discount + free delivery 5,95€).

Code is 85946.

Have fun. :)

Its apparently a first customer at tesco direct voucher if that changes anything, but its: TDX-FQ7W

Good luck on it, never knew tesco had collection delivery, so thats neat, fingers crossed I can pick it up tomorrow.

EDIT: Apparently you can use the code "EARLYBIRD" to get it for £175 at TheHut compared to £179 for me at tesco, but don't really trust Zavvi/TheHut, (Despite the only thing I ordered from them getting to me on release date, ha ha), and not sure they can delivery on time for release date this late.

So is it just for the bundle or what? I'm going to try this out...

EDIT: Lol nevermind, Tesco Direct doesn't even have the game itself listed.

BooJoh

anybody having problems with amazon saying the game won't be delivered until 11/26?

They're still not even giving me an estimate. Mario 3D World says it'll arrive Friday and isn't even in the "preparing to ship" phase yet though, so I'll just watch and see what happens with my Zelda order today.

LAA

So is it just for the bundle or what? I'm going to try this out...

EDIT: Lol nevermind, Tesco Direct doesn't even have the game itself listed.

Did I not say it was for the bundle? If not, sorry about that. £20 off £30 is probably a no brainier at that price, ha ha. Surprised they don't just have the game listed though.

Good luck anyway dude, I'm sure shops would have it in stock on the day anyway too, but could be wrong if the demand is greater than I think it is.

Mendrox

Thank you very much! I fucked up the registration and am female there now and can't change it back. Oh well :x

No problem! Better being a female than paying 44,95€ ;-)

I have to add that you have to order it to a Hermes Paketstation (like a Station or a Kiosk) so that you will save the delivery fee and get the game for 29€ (34€ for direct delivery).

Meh, I agree with what he's saying about ALBW, but his criticism of past Zelda games is really lazy (And I hate Spirit Tracks too). I guess you can't fit that much varied criticism into a 4 minute video, but saying things like "Lol Skyward Sword has no overworld" and "lol N64 textures" makes him come off as either ill-informed or just picky.

Top Bottom