• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone know how many hours from now till it's likely up on the EU store? (yep I'm aware it's over 24 lol)

EDIT: does 36.5 hours sound about right?

Meh, I agree with what he's saying about ALBW, but his criticism of past Zelda games is really lazy (And I hate Spirit Tracks too). I guess you can't fit that much varied criticism into a 4 minute video, but saying things like "Lol Skyward Sword has no overworld" and "lol N64 textures" makes him come off as either ill-informed or just picky.

Agree w/ this as well. Then again this is Tom McShea we're talking about. If he loves something he really loves it. If he doesn't he'll do anything to find fault within the game.
More oft than not its the latter though. Such as trying to play Skyward Sword ala Twilight Princess Waggle instead of Motion + and complaining about it to justify his low score or giving the WiiU version of Rayman Legends a lower score than PS360 version because the gamepad didnt add anything to the game.

Agree w/ this as well. Then again this is Tom McShea we're talking about. If he loves something he really loves it. If he doesn't he'll do anything to find fault within the game.
More oft than not its the latter though. Such as trying to play Skyward Sword ala Twilight Princess Waggle instead of Motion + and complaining about it or giving the WiiU version of Rayman Legends a lower score than PS360 version because the gamepad didnt add anything to the game.

It's not like I don't agree with him, repeat dungeons and hand-holding does suck, but there's also a lot of things Skyward Sword & Twilight Princess will offer that ALBW never can. And that's fine.

Damn, I never suspected GAME might actually be super-competent with deliveries. Still waiting on my ShopTo order to dispatch. I had Pokemon two days early, but that was because it was a weird Saturday release.

MrDeeds

Neo Member
Amazon just gave me a delivery estimate of 11/26. And I have Prime - so I cancelled that shit. Looks like I'll be going to Target Friday morning.

Amazon are dropping the ball so much. They really don't give a shit. The only good thing about them is they're very eager to appease you if you're an annoyed customer.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
so a coupla days ago taffy boy told me the Treasure Chest wasn't guaranteed anymore. i almost grabbed him by his lardarse throat and snapped his neck in half, but was held back by his rancid sweat. canceled the order and got it from amazon. Now it's been dispatched and probably here by tomorrow....or I'll really kill someone

It's not like I don't agree with him, repeat dungeons and hand-holding does suck, but there's also a lot of things Skyward Sword & Twilight Princess will offer that ALBW never can. And that's fine.

No I agree with you completely, as well as his assessment of ALBW. I was just stating that this man either plays massive favorites or will nitpick something he dislikes to oblivion is all, there is no middle ground :p

so a coupla days ago taffy boy told me the Treasure Chest wasn't guaranteed anymore. i almost grabbed him by his lardarse throat and snapped his neck in half, but was held back by his rancid sweat. canceled the order and got it from amazon. Now it's been dispatched and probably here by tomorrow....or I'll really kill someone
image.php

No I agree with you completely, as well as his assessment of ALBW. I was just stating that this man either plays massive favorites or will nitpick something he dislikes to oblivion is all, there is no middle ground :p

Bleh I hate all or nothing critics.

Volotaire

No problem! Better being a female than paying 44,95€ ;-)

I have to add that you have to order it to a Hermes Paketstation (like a Station or a Kiosk) so that you will save the delivery fee and get the game for 29€ (34€ for direct delivery).
Well, at least I figured that out since you hinted at it. On second thought, I could have used the code on Mario 3D World but too late

Kouriozan

I should specify. Amazon UK in particular seem awful. They won't dispatch any earlier than tomorrow, so many won't get their order until Saturday at the earliest.

Aww, that's really bad >.<
You mean, some unlucky people will choose the "get it the release day" option and will get it day +1 anyway.

Meh, I agree with what he's saying about ALBW, but his criticism of past Zelda games is really lazy (And I hate Spirit Tracks too). I guess you can't fit that much varied criticism into a 4 minute video, but saying things like "Lol Skyward Sword has no overworld" and "lol N64 textures" makes him come off as either ill-informed or just picky.

It is reductive and snarky but I absolutely agree with his general sentiment. I'm just happy to see LA and the original LoZ getting fresh reappraisals from mainstream outlets and gamers alike. Seems like several reviewers have a reinvigorated respect for the 2D games, which is a shift away from the "OoT is the best in the series" narrative that has pervaded in the press for years.

It is reductive and snarky but I absolutely agree with his general sentiment. I'm just happy to see LA and the original LoZ getting fresh reappraisals from mainstream outlets and gamers alike. Seems like several reviewers have a reinvigorated respect for the 2D games, which is a shift away from the "OoT is the best in the series" narrative that has pervaded in the press for years.

I love Link's Awakening too but I think comparing a 2D Zelda drenched in nostalgia (in a good way of course) with a 3D Zelda deliberately trying to be experimental (and admittedly not always hitting that aim) is a bit of a waste of time.

Jobbs

Banned
Why is Amazon delivering this on the 26th? I have prime and preordered this over a month ago. Got the email and SCREAMED with anger. I hate going places to buy things. :(

Why is Amazon delivering this on the 26th? I have prime and preordered this over a month ago. Got the email and SCREAMED with anger. I hate going places to buy things. :(
I went ahead and cancelled mine for 3D World after I found one of the local Gamestops were doing in store pickup. You could check GS online, reserve there for in store pickup, then cancel your Amazon preorder. Zelda is supposed to still be on time

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Yeah, not ordering it from them without a release date delivery option.

EDIT: No store pick-up option at Gamestop, either. Best Buy it is.

Rich!

The question is, why is the non-gold one the reverse cover and not the actual one.

Because that way we get the superior cover without ratings labels and other bullshit. Basically, it's better than both the JP and USA boxart due to that.

Thanks, NOE!

Effect

I went ahead and cancelled mine for 3D World after I found one of the local Gamestops were doing in store pickup. You could check GS online, reserve there for in store pickup, then cancel your Amazon preorder. Zelda is supposed to still be on time

Lucky. Gamestop isn't even giving me the option to select store pickup.

Edit:

Called up my local one and it's possible I can still put a preorder down. Heading that way today after work so likely swing by and see if I can get one. That way I won't have to wait for Amazon to deliver until after Thanksgiving since I don't have Amazon Prime.

Top Bottom