• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

So is it a pre-order thing or a Club Nintendo thing in France? :/
zqxveZM.gif

It's definitely Club Nintendo in Germany.

Don't know about France, but here in the Netherlands, the chest is an in-store pickup along with your game, so no Club Nintendo stuff.

cluderi

My hut order says it won't despatch until 22/11 which I'm not happy about. I moved from Amazon to them as Amazon kept doing this.....

/sadface

Guess its time to try somewhere else.

n64coder

I just contacted Amazon US asking why the game is being delivered to me on the 26th instead of the release day. and why is Amazon France getting it early. The rep says that yes, the game should be delivered on release day so s/he upgraded my shipping from 2-day prime to next day to guarantee release day. So I'll be getting it Friday.

Amazon Your AccountAmazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Hello,
Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: Why isn't this getting shipped earlier than the 26th? The game is already in the warehouse. Why can't it be shipped on the 20th or 21st so that we have release day delivery? Amazon France is shipping the game early.

03:13 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Hi n64coder, my name is Val. I'll be more than glad to assist you, please give me a couple of minutes to check your order.
03:13 PM(GMT) n64coder: Hi
03:16 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): n64coder I'm really sorry, you're right, it was supposed to be delivered on Friday
03:17 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): So to help you with this and as a one time exception I upgraded the shipping method and waived the cost for you, so that you can receive it on Friday
03:17 PM(GMT) n64coder: Thanks!
03:18 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): You're welcome! Is there anything else I can do for you?
03:18 PM(GMT) n64coder: With 2 day delivery, it can still get there on Friday but I didn't see any indication that it was preparing for delivery.
Does Amazon still try to deliver video games on the release day assuming that it's a business day and not a weekend?
03:18 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): No, with the Two Day Shipping it was going to arrive to you on November 26
03:19 PM(GMT) n64coder: I know that Nintendo used to release stuff on Sunday so it would not be possible to get release day delivery
03:19 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): That's why I upgraded it, because I could see that with Two Day Shipping it was guaranteed to receive it on Friday and were not keeping our promise, but now we are
03:20 PM(GMT) n64coder: Oh, ok. Thanks then!
I'm all set
03:20 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): The release date is for Friday, according to the info I have
Awesome!
03:20 PM(GMT) n64coder: have a good day
or night
03:20 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Enjoy your day n64coder and the game as well : )
03:20 PM(GMT) n64coder: thanks

So I guess the only way to ensure release day delivery is to choose the next day option. For most games, I can wait but not this one.

Rich!

My hut order says it won't despatch until 22/11 which I'm not happy about. I moved from Amazon to them as Amazon kept doing this.....

/sadface

Guess its time to try somewhere else.

This is crazy. My order (simplygames) is not dispatching in time either.

I might just say fuck it and go to Tesco tomorrow night. When the online order finally arrives, I'll take it back to Tesco for a refund (as it'll be sealed with a receipt).

Albo

Just got an email saying my order won't be ready until the 26th. :(

Well if this thread is anything to go by, might be worth a shot contacting them to explain your displeasure politely. They might push the date up or give you something else in return.

edit: I got you mixed up with another poster, but if you're also with amazon go for it.

Rich!

Being a long time Zelda fan, I would love to play this. I don't own a 3DS however. I wish they'd bring it to WiiU :/

Never, ever, ever, ever going to happen. Things could be worse - after all, the 3DS is pretty much one of the greatest consoles ever made (going by it's current library).

Buy a 3DS XL. Get Zelda, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina 3D, Ghost Recon, Donkey Kong Country Returns, SMTIV, Pokemon X/Y and marvel at the sheer amazingness of it all.

john tv

Wait is killing you? IT ISN'T FOR ME
aZxa6ZQ.jpg

/brag
Weird question: I don't see the ugly-ass white rectangle on the bottom of the front of your Zelda box (the one that usually says "Playable in 2D or 3D. Enjoy Your Ruined Box Art" or whatever) - did they finally stop that?

NEO0MJ

Game has been sitting inside my 3DS for a few days, but I didn't want to play it before finishing Phoenix Wright. Now I'm ready to jump in!

I really hope it's as good as the reviewers say it is, Zelda scores always seem inflated IMO.

takriel

Being a long time Zelda fan, I would love to play this. I don't own a 3DS however. I wish they'd bring it to WiiU :/

You might want to reconsider that. 3DS is a great gaming device to have right now, with great, great games to play on it in this instant!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I just contacted Amazon US asking why the game is being delivered to me on the 26th instead of the release day. and why is Amazon France getting it early. The rep says that yes, the game should be delivered on release day so s/he upgraded my shipping from 2-day prime to next day to guarantee release day. So I'll be getting it Friday.

So I guess the only way to ensure release day delivery is to choose the next day option. For most games, I can wait but not this one.

I chose the next day option on my order to see and it didn't work. So I launched a live chat and the Amazon rep did the same thing for my order that was done for yours.

Go figure!

Rich!

Yeah, this is bullshit.

Simplygames still haven't dispatched it, and it's 4pm. I'll cancel, get a refund and then just sod off to Tesco on friday morning. fuck it.

edit: aaaaand the money's back in my account. that was impressively fast.

llamarawk

Anyone in the USA (im on west coast) get an email confirmation on Amazon preorder date? I have 2 day shipping from Prime selected but may need to get customer service on the line.

I just tried this and they told me they couldn't do anything because it was on a first come basis, which I don't even understand. I tried to cancel and reorder with one day shipping, but it wouldn't let me cancel so it must be entering prepare to ship status.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
OK, cancelled the Best Buy pre-order and ordered it from Amazon, then went right to the customer service chat:

You are now connected to Shailendra from Amazon.com

Me:Hi, question regarding order #############.
Will I receive this on November 22?

Shailendra:Hello, my name is Shailendra. I'll be happy to help you.
Hello, my name is Shailendra. I'll be happy to help you.

Me:OK

Shailendra:Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?

Me:sure

Shailendra:Thank you for waiting
I have checked and the item will be released on November 22, 2013. So you will surely get it on time.

Me:Even though it doesn't say release date delivery?

Shailendra:We deliver the order on the release day for the pre order

Me:OK, if you are ensuring that means it will arrive on 11/22, that's all I wanted to know.

Shailendra:Thanks

Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Have a great time.
Bye.
:)

So if it doesn't arrive on time, I will just go pick it up locally and forward this chat log back to their support.

Right now, the delivery estimate just says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Just heard a commercial for it on my local radio station in germany (1live). I think i never heard a Nintendo commercial ever before. Is this real life?

Adamator

I got an email saying both my copy of the game and my collectors edition guide weren't going to be here til the 26th. Quick chat with Amazon and now they are both set to be delivered Friday. :)

I love Amazon's CS.

there is no guarantee, but I think chances are good that if you order it now you'll have it tomorrow if its still in stock.
I dont study anymore in zurich, but I used to buy games early at the interdiscount at the main station. there is no harm in trying softridge there either.

Managed to buy Skyward Sword a full week early thanks to Softridge in Zurich. You may want to check them out. :)

Thanks for encouraging me, guys. Got mine from Softridge Oerlikon :D guess that Old English assignment has to wait

alichino

ifxkFr0gi34b4.png

SO EXCITED. I'm definitely not getting any work done today. It's a bit tough to see in the picture, but the cover has a really cool metallic gold finish to parts of it that make Link and the Master Sword shine when light hits it the right way.

Top Bottom