• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

n64coder

Weird question: I don't see the ugly-ass white rectangle on the bottom of the front of your Zelda box (the one that usually says "Playable in 2D or 3D. Enjoy Your Ruined Box Art" or whatever) - did they finally stop that?

Apparently not. Bummer.
ifxkFr0gi34b4.png

cluderi

The hut stuck my order into "awaiting despatch" but put the despatch date to 22/11 and have ignored my messages since 3pm. Looks like I'm going out to get one on Friday and the hut one is getting returned if it shows up.

I guess a 3ds game doesn't rate with all the next gen chaos going on this weekend.

Rich!

The hut stuck my order into "awaiting despatch" but put the despatch date to 22/11 and have ignored my messages since 3pm. Looks like I'm going out to get one on Friday and the hut one is getting returned if it shows up.

I guess a 3ds game doesn't rate with all the next gen chaos going on this weekend.

Yeah. I'm guessing with the Xbone being the number one priority (and number one cause for customer anger if it's late), Zelda is on the back burner pretty much everywhere. fucking lame.

Like I said before, I've cancelled my online preorder. I'll go to Sainsburys or Tesco on Friday morning and avoid all the new console chaos.

Yet Nintendo's official online store which appears to be ran by TheHut group dispatched mine yesterday.

Didn't arrive today, my brothers did though from Gameseek, so there's a good place to pre-order if you want things to arrive early.

zroid

Banned
Must be for the whole country. NoA/C's too lazy to print multiple covers. They won't even give us friggin' reversible covers! And they can't just use the US ones for the rest of Canada, since the text still needs to be bilingual.

Hey all.

I don't plan on picking up this game for some time (too many games/systems!) but I just wanted to drop in and say that the thread title is one of the best titles I've had the pleasure of reading on GAF.

Carry on.

Glass Joe

Ugh. Found this and Mario 3D World on the store shelf. I plan on downloading Mario so I tried to get Zelda, which would keep me more than busy... only to have the register block the sale due to street date. Boo-urns. Thought I was gonna luck out :-/

BY2K

Membero Americo
I hate you all street date breakers so much right now.

How bad is it? Here in SA we have a sticker saying that this is an original product on every Nintendo game cover.

bCha51p.jpg

At least for this one they put it in a kinda-clever spot.

Keyouta

At least you guys won't have the even worse: "Play this game in French" sticker on the box like we do here in Quebec...

That's all across Canada. It sucks. The "Play in 2D and 3D" sticker box is larger as it's in French and English, and all the Canadian boxes have the "Play in English or French" box on the side.

balohna

I have no idea, but probably, I don't see a reason why English Canada would get it.

EDIT: Ontario, too?

BC too. We're extremely far removed from Quebec in terms of both distance and culture, but still have French on everything. I guess that's cool.

GJS

Sounds good. Mine was dispatched from Amazon France 2 days ago, hopefully it has arrived today.
Yup this arrived today 2 days early, just got home and there it was.

Shipped from a UK warehouse with UK labels as well.

Haven't opened it yet, even the box for the bundle is pretty nice.

Blues1990

Hey all.

I don't plan on picking up this game for some time (too many games/systems!) but I just wanted to drop in and say that the thread title is one of the best titles I've had the pleasure of reading on GAF.

Carry on.

No worries, dude. We'll be waiting for you.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I got an email saying both my copy of the game and my collectors edition guide weren't going to be here til the 26th. Quick chat with Amazon and now they are both set to be delivered Friday. :)

I love Amazon's CS.

This really makes no sense though. We shouldn't have to be contacting them to have the delivery date changed.

This really makes no sense though. We shouldn't have to be contacting them to have the delivery date changed.
I came in here to ask why the 26th delivery date is happening. I guess it's good their willing to fix it but I agree with your statement greatly.

pwack

Anyone in the USA (im on west coast) get an email confirmation on Amazon preorder date? I have 2 day shipping from Prime selected but may need to get customer service on the line.

I just upgraded from free two-day to one-day and now have a delivery date of 11/22 (versus 11/26 earlier). I'm in Chicago, which has a major delivery center in the metro area.

pariah164

ifxkFr0gi34b4.png

SO EXCITED. I'm definitely not getting any work done today. It's a bit tough to see in the picture, but the cover has a really cool metallic gold finish to parts of it that make Link and the Master Sword shine when light hits it the right way.
AAAAAAAAH

ALL MY JEALOUSY AND HATE.

Also.

VIfFf1q.png

I fixed my delivery issue with Amazon also.
You are now connected to Amazon from Amazon.com
Me:I preordered this on Amazon with the expectation that I would be delivered on release date like other preorders. I received an email stating that I would get it 4 days after?
Amazon:Hey there Chase, my name is Marco. I'll be happy to help you.
I understand the frustration and i will do my best to assist you :)
Me:thanks :)
Amazon:can you please provide me the orderID please?
Me:**************
Amazon:Awesome, thank you so much
I will check the order now
Me:No problem!
Amazon:Now that i can see, i was checking that you order alink between worlds, nice!!
Me:haha :D
Amazon:I still cannot play it, my friends dont allow me untill i finish ocarina of time, and i have purchased it too :)
can you please check the order again?
Me:Yay, its fixed!
Thanks
Amazon:no worries, is there anything else i can do to make you smile today?
Me:Finish Ocarina of Time, but besides that I'm great now. Thanks again!
Amazon:It has been a pleasure helping you out, thank you very much for being part of Amazon family, and i hope you have a great Day
Me:Have a good end of shift. See ya
After that we quickly married, bought a house, had a bunch of beautiful kids and even got a dog too.

jk, I already have a dog.

Rich!

Hey all.

Carry on.

That's great! cheers. Took me a long time. You can donate to me based on my OT title skills.

£45 will be lovely. I accept paypal

Gigglepoo

It's not like I don't agree with him, repeat dungeons and hand-holding does suck, but there's also a lot of things Skyward Sword & Twilight Princess will offer that ALBW never can. And that's fine.

Yeah, that's definitely true. I certainly enjoy every Zelda game (except Spirit Tracks), it's just that A Link Between Worlds is the first one in years that didn't have a caveat of some kind. I actually really like Twilight Princess, though. If it wasn't the ugliest game in the series, people would have a higher opinion of it. At least I think so.

D-e-f-

Banned
Okay, so I noticed that LttP is the Club Nintendo reward right now, so I went ahead and got it to warm myself up for LBW.

And holy shit, I really, really, really hate the combat in this game. Link's Sword just... doesn't hit shit on a whim. Literally the only time you can half rely on his sword hitting someone when you swing it is if they are in the exact square in front of you perfectly. Little bit to the right? Lol, why ya swingin' bro? Little bit to the left? Hey I heard you like wasting your time swinging your sword while I hit you anyway.
It's seriously frustrating that you can clearly just... watch the sword phase through them. Because they aren't in the straight middle in front of you. Not to mention this makes flying tile rooms obnoxiously harmful.

I really hope that they didn't retain that for ALBW, because there's so many times I've died due to losing half my health on this shit.

You're weird. ALTTP combat works wonderfully for me. Never even thought twice about it.

cluderi

Yet Nintendo's official online store which appears to be ran by TheHut group dispatched mine yesterday.

Didn't arrive today, my brothers did though from Gameseek, so there's a good place to pre-order if you want things to arrive early.

The saga continues, I sent a cancellation message about 2 hours ago and they've now sent me a despatched email telling me it should be with me on the 25th.

All I want to do is play the sequel to my favorite game (which I bought on release in 1992 with less problems)

*shakes fist at next gen*

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Didn't notice that you guys were getting free two-day release date shipping from Amazon Prime. Contacted them again and they removed the charge for overnight shipping from the order.

Ultima_5

I fixed my delivery issue with Amazon also.

After that we quickly married, bought a house, had a bunch of beautiful kids and even got a dog too.

jk, I already have a dog.

I had a similar conversation when I ordered the book by the operation ivy guy, and it got lost in the mail. the guy i talked to, got all excited and said he really liked them and ska and sent me another copy of the book

oatmeal

Banned
The funk is happening with my order?

DELIVERY ESTIMATE We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

This game is blowing me away already! Especially the soundtrack is god-tier. And it runs so smooth. Overall it's as charming as a Link to the Past was when I experienced it as a thirteen year old. Good times are ahead for us, enjoy!

GJS

Trying to transfer my 3DS to the Zelda 3DS XL but it won't work.

The systems won't stay connected to each other so it keeps throwing up the following error and kicking me back to the settings menu.

A local wireless error has occurred. Cancelling transfer.

Really annoying.

Anth0ny

Trying to transfer my 3DS to the Zelda 3DS XL but it won't work.

The systems won't stay connected to each other so it keeps throwing up the following error and kicking me back to the settings menu.

A local wireless error has occurred. Cancelling transfer.

Really annoying.

It's really horrible. Coming from an owner of 3 3DS', and soon 4... account systems. Nintendo pls.

Top Bottom