• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

GJS

This is ridiculous.

Got part way through moving some DSi ware titles from System memory to SD card and dropped connection again.

Will move those manually now and then try again.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The funk is happening with my order?

DELIVERY ESTIMATE We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

See this is why I'm getting mine myself at EBGames in front of a line of people waiting for Xbox Ones.

TnK

That is amazing! On the 9th? How did you pull it off?
Awesome rebuttal btw, lol.
Weird question: I don't see the ugly-ass white rectangle on the bottom of the front of your Zelda box (the one that usually says "Playable in 2D or 3D. Enjoy Your Ruined Box Art" or whatever) - did they finally stop that?
That's because our region has a different cover like the one posted on the previous page. I prefer it over the rectangle one, but sadly we don't get Club Nintendo points. It also seems that the cover we got has no metallic finish (I expected one like WWHD), it is simply a dull fake gold.

To make everyone feel kind of bad, I won't be playing this Zelda before finishing ALTTP. I am planning to hopefully buy a SNES and a copy of ALTTP. Playing SMB 3D World though, and it is phenomenal.

bumpkin

Must... Resist... Gold 3DS...

When I see people selling their old 3DS and advertising that it has the 3DS Ambassador games on it, I find myself wondering; how do they get the ambassador games back onto their old 3DS after doing a system transfer?

Kamina

Golden Boy
Must... Resist... Gold 3DS...

When I see people selling their old 3DS and advertising that it has the 3DS Ambassador games on it, I find myself wondering; how do they get the ambassador games back onto their old 3DS after doing a system transfer?

I am Ambassador and this was my third 3DS. The Ambassador Status is tied to your Account and thus carries over too.

Rich!

UK dudes - if I went to Tesco tomorrow at midnight, would I be able to buy it, or would it be locked away until the next morning?

I'm hoping it being xbone launch night will help.

GJS

Finally got the 3DS transfer to work. I'll have to make do with Ace Attorney for now, as said previously the codes aren't active yet.

Seda

Pretty excited for this, although Amazon isn't shipping it until Tuesday :/

I would pick it up at retail, but I still get tax-free so I can wait a few days.

Peff

Managed to get this today. Man, the presentation is awesome! These close-up cutscenes suck, although they're not actively ugly either. The rest is ace, though: sweet, sweet 60 fps, brain-melting OST and pretty good 3D, not to mention fast text and lack of annoying pop-ups. It's a bit of a bummer to start a game already knowing the world map, however, even if the 3D makeover makes things fresher. Hopefully the dungeons are up to snuff, which apparently they are.

LAA

Urgh, Zelda 3DS XL pics making me jelly (Nah I appreciate good looks at them)
For anyone that has one, it is a nit pick, but can you tell me if the Triforce pattern on the front is like... an extra layer of paint or is it all smooth? Same for the back too. Just wondering as it could wear off over time if its an extra layer.

Hopefully I can get mine tomorrow! Tesco says I can pick it up tomorrow anyway, hoping thats true and I don't need to wait till friday to pick it up.

Kamina

Golden Boy

And now Imagine Gerudo Valley theme from Zelda 25th Anniversary OST as background music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THdRs7grqhE

Urgh, Zelda 3DS XL pics making me jelly (Nah I appreciate good looks at them)
For anyone that has one, it is a nit pick, but can you tell me if the Triforce pattern on the front is like... an extra layer of paint or is it all smooth? Same for the back too. Just wondering as it could wear off over time if its an extra layer.

Hopefully I can get mine tomorrow! Tesco says I can pick it up tomorrow anyway, hoping thats true and I don't need to wait till friday to pick it up.
It does not feel like an extra layer, there is no change in the surface when sliding over with the finger.

Whew, thats the hardest time with customer service that I have had with Amazon and it still wasnt that bad:

Me:The release date for this game is the 22nd but I recieved an email saying I wont get it to the 26th. I have Prime, I thought you get release date delivery.
Order #
110-9xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Amazon: Hi my name is Ronald. I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Hello Ronald.
Amazon:Let me connect you to a member of our generalist team. It will only take a moment.
A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.
You are now connected to Melina from Amazon.com
Me:hello Melina
Melina:Hello Nicholas. let me check on this for you.
Me:thank you
Melina:Did you pre-order the game?
Me:yes
Order #
110-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Melina:You placed the order on the 14th?
Me:yes
Melina:did you Selected Release-Date Delivery or -- get it on its release day when placing the order/
?
Me:As a Amazon Prime member, every game I have bought has been free release date delivery. I ordered from my phone app, one click buy, it was free Prime delivery.
Melina:For Amazon Prime members, Release-Date Delivery is free when selecting Two-Day Shipping
Me:thats what i did. Prime members always get free 2 day shipping on all Prime eligible items.
Melina:yes, however did you selected Release-Date Delivery or -- get it on its release day when placing the order?
Me:there was no option for release date delivery
Melina:Let me see if I can change the delivery date to 1 day shipping, however it will still not be delivered on the release day, I'm sorry
ok, i have change the deliver
Guaranteed Delivery Date: Friday, November 22, 2013
I will send you a confirmation email.
Me:thank you for your help, have a great day!

GJS

Gah! Do you have the gold Skyward Sword Wii Remote Plus or the gold Nunchuk? How is the color compared to those? Is it the same finish/shade?

The inside gold is very similar in colour and finish to the face of the gold wiimote+ edit: although may be more textured, the gold on the top of the 3DS looks lighter to me and is a different finish.

Seda

Change the shipping date again to 2-day to get release date delivery.

No dice :/

The Amazon main page for the game doesn't even have the usual "Want to receive this the day it comes out? Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout." graphic. Oh well.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Gah! Do you have the gold Skyward Sword Wii Remote Plus or the gold Nunchuk? How is the color compared to those? Is it the same finish/shade?

Gold Wii Mote, very similar color/shading, yet the Wii Mote has a more "Glittery" finish, if that makes sense.

icespide

Banned
Whew, thats the hardest time with customer service that I have had with Amazon and it still wasnt that bad:

I'm glad that worked it out with you but just an FYI release day delivery is not for all games when you have prime.

usually amazon has to make arrangements before hand for certain games to do release day delivery and doesn't work out those deals for all games. When games have release day delivery it specifically says it on the product page instead of "2 day shipping"

for games that do not have "release day delivery" they are just shipping out the day they come out

bumpkin

The inside gold is very similar in colour and finish to the face of the gold wiimote+ edit: although may be more textured, the gold on the top of the 3DS looks lighter to me and is a different finish.

Gold Wii Mote, very similar color/shading, yet the Wii Mote has a more "Glittery" finish, if that makes sense.
Ah, nice. Thanks for the details, guys!

It's going to be really hard resisting the urge to bumrush Walmart when they open Friday to try and snag one at that sweet $199 price. It looks like red & black XL's are selling for 140-160 on eBay right now, so I wouldn't lose too much. The fact I have the original box/packaging and it's clean/unregistered (still have the CN code) might help it sell better if I decide to take the plunge.

Bullza2o

No dice :/

The Amazon main page for the game doesn't even have the usual "Want to receive this the day it comes out? Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout." graphic. Oh well.

I think I was able to RDD because SM3DW has RDD. I'm looking at the page for ALBW and you're right, no RDD option.

Basically I think since I preordered both games, and one has RDD, they'll bundle both items in one box and therefore I also get ALBW on Friday. So perhaps try preordering SM3DW too?

I'm so glad I own an American 3DS - European eShop price is 45€, American price after conversion is around 29€.
Got the physical version here for 33€ + 10€ store credit that will go towards BD, received my copy today. Honestly, I don't feel like complaining about Europe right now.

Moff

Trying to transfer my 3DS to the Zelda 3DS XL but it won't work.

The systems won't stay connected to each other so it keeps throwing up the following error and kicking me back to the settings menu.

A local wireless error has occurred. Cancelling transfer.

Really annoying.
hm thats worrying.
I never did that before, but you need to do this with both devices connected online, right?
maybe it doesnt work before the offical launch of the zelda 3dsxl?

GJS

hm thats worrying.
I never did that before, but you need to do this with both devices connected online, right?
maybe it doesnt work before the offical launch of the zelda 3dsxl?

It worked eventually, it's not the connection to the internet that's the problem, and there's no restriction.

The problem was with the local connection between the two 3DS's to transfer the data, it was very finicky, and there seemed to be no reason why they kept disconnecting from each other. Sometimes it would error instantly the moment they successfully connected to each other, or other times they would fail to reconnect to each other after each system momentarily disconnected to verify online, or at other random times.

Top Bottom