• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

After 2 dungeons, I'm really liking it so far. I like how the games starts by being full of LTTP throwbacks so you're breezing if you're familiar with it and then it throws you out of this comfort zone by opening things wide with the wall merge and the rental system.

And yeah, the music is stellar.

MrDeeds

Neo Member
Cancelled Amazon preorder and preordered at my local Gamestop. Turns out not only are they open at midnight for the Xbone crazies but also at 8 am on Friday - so that's when I'll have my hands on this thing. Hopefully 8 am won't be Xbone crazy as well. The manager there said they really didn't anticipate many people coming in early (or at midnight) to get a Xbone.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Cancelled Amazon preorder and preordered at my local Gamestop. Turns out not only are they open at midnight for the Xbone crazies but also at 8 am on Friday - so that's when I'll have my hands on this thing. Hopefully 8 am won't be Xbone crazy as well. The manager there said they really didn't anticipate many people coming in early (or at midnight) to get a Xbone.

Another one?

Rich!

This is killing me. Friday with both Mario and Zelda. It's just too much. I'm half a step from freezing myself Cartman style.

Don't do that! You'll wake up two years in the future and discover that not only do you have those two games to play, you'll also have X, Zelda U, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Majora's Mask 3D and Smash Bros to play!

You'll die of shock.

boxter432

I think I am going to trade in my PS3 for the $100 GC at BB, scrounge up all my other BB gift cards, and pick up the Gold bundle and SM3DW. I am going on vacation next Tues and need something for the long flight (Minnesota to Hawaii :) )...nothing better than Zelda for that!

Grizzo

I'm already halfway through the game but what a fun ride it has been so far ! I'm gonna put the main quest on hold and try to do some side quests (I already found some but there seems to be plenty of them overall).

Don't do that! You'll wake up two years in the future and discover that not only do you have those two games to play, you'll also have X, Zelda U, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Majora's Mask 3D and Smash Bros to play!

You'll die of shock.

haha well said man, not to mention I'd have to marathon a shit ton of movies

So I was pretty much lied to. Local EB Games said they would be getting the Treasure Chest thing as a pre-order bonus so I pre-ordered as soon as that was announced.

Get told the game will be out on Saturday, when I ask about the Chest they go "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... we'll get back to you." which is basically code for "Nope" or "No idea what you're talking about but would you like to purchase a Xbox One? It comes out tonight don't you know!!"

:|

Now its too late to try and find it online anywhere. So I miss out thanks to their shitty lies. Only hope is to randomly pick one up at a hugely increased price on eBay or something one day. :(

sphinx

the piano man
Got the physical version here for 33€ + 10€ store credit that will go towards BD, received my copy today. Honestly, I don't feel like complaining about Europe right now.

not to mention, those of us buying a 3DS and ALBW this weekend will receive Mario 3D land for free, all thanks to NOE.

I don't feel like complaining about Europe either.

Kouriozan

Oh and about that ending screen without lives lost and lol Zelda too easy...LIES!!
I would have died several time without those precious fairy, and even with them I almost died at the
hand
boss, this fight was brutal.

Conor 419

Banned
WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T AMAZON SENT THE GAME?

RyanHutchinsonChairThrowGif.gif

Grizzo

Oh and about that ending screen without lives lost and lol Zelda too easy...LIES!!
I would have died several time without those precious fairy, and even with them I almost died at the
hand

You should buy some blue potions, these are highly convenient. I think the fairies are not that useful this time around
(seeing as they only give you 5 hearts instead of 6)

But yeah, the game has some challenging parts ! I was actually surprised by that !

Neiteio

hand
I caught a glimpse of that boss in GameTrailer's video review, it looks AMAZING!! :O

All of the bosses look amazing, as a matter of fact. I can think of six of them off-hand:
the whirling serpent Moldorm, a rupee-encrusted version of the Helmasaur King, a carnivorous sand-burrowing plant, the giant knight's hand, a bat-like knight with a massive shield, and a gelatinous blob surrounded by eyeballs that may or may not be Wart from Majora's Mask.
I can't wait to see how their battles play out in full, and what the remaining bosses are like!

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Managed to pick this up today a couple of days earlier than the UK release from my friendly neighbourhood indie shoppie. Played through the first dungeon and the music is worth the price of entry alone. There are waves upon waves of tasty nostalgic glee hitting my pleasure receptors.

I really like the graphics too considering how negative some of the reviews have been about it being a tad jaggy. It also has the best use of 3D of any game I have played on the 3DS to date bar Luigis Mansion.

I picked Tearaway up today too but thats not even going to find its way out of the shrinkwrap until this is finished. It leaves quite the first impression.

calipha

Neo Member
Not sure if spoilers but I'm trying to do a side quest for
the guy dressed as a bee in kokiri village and he asked me to look for a golden bee but I can't find it anywhere! I can only find the normal bees.

Not sure if spoilers but I'm trying to do a side quest for
the guy dressed as a bee in kokiri village and he asked me to look for a golden bee but I can't find it anywhere! I can only find the normal bees.

You can buy one for 888 rupees from a guy in a cave in the Skull Woods

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got a shipping date for the 26th too, wtf Amazon? Time to talk to customer service too.

I was told TWICE by their customer service I'd get the game Friday...now the shipping date has been changed to 11/25.

Think it's gonna end up being a local purchase on Friday, but they have updated their page for the game with an option for release day delivery if one-day shipping is selected.

Stoze

Yeah I got an email from Amazon saying estimated date on the 26th, fuck that shit. Just gonna have to ditch my laziness and pick up it in store.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I was told TWICE by their customer service I'd get the game Friday...now the shipping date has been changed to 11/25.

Think it's gonna end up being a local purchase on Friday, but they have updated their page for the game with an option for release day delivery if one-day shipping is selected.

I talked to an Amazon rep again and she manually changed mine to one-day shipping and waved the fee because there's so much confusion over why release date and/or prime shipping were not covering it for this game. My order page does show 11/22 as the delivery date now.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Tried to get bumped up to release day shipping but they said no :( Oh well. Maybe I'll just take the extra time to finish Wind Waker HD. I would just cancel and buy in store, but no tax, plus I had it as one of my "quick picks" when I ordered, so I got a couple bucks off. Was worth a shot though I guess.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I talked to an Amazon rep again and she manually changed mine to one-day shipping and waved the fee because there's so much confusion over why release date and/or prime shipping were not covering it for this game. My order page does show 11/22 as the delivery date now.

This is what happened and I was told would happen with the shipping earlier today.

Rather than go through chat again, I just sent them an Email asking what the deal was. It's not the end of the world if they don't ship it for Friday- I'll just pick it up nearby. But it's much more convenient having this stuff sent to my workplace.

oatmeal

Banned

Aw, bummer, I paid for the shipping.

Whatev.

Mistle

Saw display boxes in Aus (actual boxes though with covered barcode). I'm sold on the gold now, it looks a hundred times better shiny. Curious if its reversable though, I should have had a look.

Skyward Sword didn't shine in Aus and it didn't look so great.

Rich!

Saw display boxes in Aus (actual boxes though with covered barcode). I'm sold on the gold now, it looks a hundred times better shiny. Curious if its reversable though, I should have had a look.

Skyward Sword didn't shine in Aus and it didn't look so great.

Your AUS copies should be the same as our UK ones. So yeah, reversible.

Question: can order this on Amazon and expect to receive it on Friday? I had this and 3D world pre-ordered awhile back, but it just recently said that I wouldn't receive my items until Tuesday. I'm wondering if I can game the system--the prospect of going to Target on Xbone Launch Day is unappealing to me (it'll be busy, I reckon).

Rich!

Question: can order this on Amazon and expect to receive it on Friday? I had this and 3D world pre-ordered awhile back, but it just recently said that I wouldn't receive my items until Tuesday. I'm wondering if I can game the system--the prospect of going to Target on Xbone Launch Day is unappealing to me (it'll be busy, I reckon).

Amazon seem to be royally fucking up things. Want it on Friday? Don't touch amazon with a ten foot pole.

If you already have it ordered on there, try talking to CS.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay guys, say it with me.

One and a half day left.
One and a half day left.
One and a half day left.
One and a half day left.

Rich!

I still think Sainsburys might be my best bet on Friday. They open at 7, and I doubt they'd be flooded with xbone buyers.

antonz

Amazons updated the page for the game to say if you want it on release day select 1 day shipping. Strangely they didn't have that yesterday when could have done 2 day free shipping

afoni

Banned
I'm in the same boat. I'm checking my preorder every other hour and it's NEVER THERE. If memory serves me, they sent Pokemon the day before launch and it arrived on time.

Still, bricking it.

Got the dispatch email at 2am, only 20 minutes later.

comewehypenow

Rich!

Will a US game code work in Canada? Thinking of buying someone's code off them from the bundle.

I think you'd need to change your region to US. But that should work - it does in Europe/AUS.

Bear in mind that trick wont work after the next OS update as far as I remember.

I think you'd need to change your region to US. But that should work - it does in Europe/AUS.

Bear in mind that trick wont work after the next OS update as far as I remember.

Hmmm. Kinda curious if I'll even need to do that considering US and Canadian retail games are the same region.

Top Bottom