• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

If I'm lucky my copy will be in my mailbox when I get home :) Cause I got my shiiping-mail from amazon yesterday here in germany..well and if it isn't here today it will be there tomorrow :)

Hype still in control..but not for long...

Moff

Gah I want the 3DS but i want a physical copy of the game. Damnit Nintendo.

I felt the same when they announced it, but I appreciate it now, I plan to go full digital now. its just so damn convenient for a handheld console. I wish I could turn all my physical 3DS games digital now.

if you dont feel that way, no problem, buy the physical game and sell the code, as others advised

JoeM86

My copy shipped yesterday and should arrive today. Looking forward to it, but have one hell of a juggling act ahead of me.

Pity that the UK prices on the eshop are a fucking joke.

£39.99 for a 3DS game? That's $65. Even after taking off 20% tax, that's still the equivalent of $51.

fucking hell

Different economies. It's illogical to just do straight conversions. 3DS game RRP is always from £34.99-£39.99. Wii U from £39.99-£44.99. Be glad it isn't an Xbox One or PS4 game...£54.99.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
mine shipped tuesday, should really be here today or me = sad panda

Rich!

A heads up for anyone ordering from GAME in store. Just asked about preordering, and they couldn't confirm the £34.99 price, and said it may go up to £39.99 tomorrow. Pokemon did.

I didn't preorder one obviously lol

Fabrik

Banned
I was really engrossed in my last two sessions. 3 hours each. The ice dungeon and the path leading up to it was really interesting. The level design of the dungeons in Lorule went up a notch. The game can also be quite challenging, I got resurrected several times by fairies. 5 dungeons done in 10 hours. No filler. There's so much stuff to do and see. Might be in the top 5 best Zelda games.

Amalthea

Banned
This game is sooo good. I just have a hard time to place it as "Best Zelda since OoT" or as "Best Zelda since the Oracle-games" as those were my personal pinnacles of the series previously.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So uhh...how are people getting their copies already? Is anyone North America?

When I preorder physical copies (in Norway) on-line, they tend to ship them up to 4-5 days early just to make sure you get it launch day. Since I live central, mail gets here quick (usually 1 day). = Win

A heads up for anyone ordering from GAME in store. Just asked about preordering, and they couldn't confirm the £34.99 price, and said it may go up to £39.99 tomorrow. Pokemon did.

I didn't preorder one obviously lol

I preordered online with GAME and got it for 32.99 which I feel is a decent price.

Moff

I have an off topic question since this is the first time for me that I will transfer data from a 3DS to another 3DS XL, I read the instructions on the official page but I still have some questions.

I understand that I will keep my SD card that I alread have, there will be data deleted but this will happen only on the target system, which is the zelda 3DSXL, is that correct?

if thats correct, what exactly will be transferred in the process? it cant be all the data on the SD card, right? this is what confuses me the most, the official page says it might take up to 40 minutes, and I dont really know what exactly could be transferred if the data on the target system will even be deleted.

I am asking this because I might delete some games that I dont currently play from my sd card and will redownload them later on the new 3DSXL if that will speed up the transfer.

that is possible, right? I will be able to redownload everything that I have bought once, but not installed right now on my current 3DS?

Sane_Man

It came!

hnxcX32.jpg

Gotta love Shopto.

It came!

hnxcX32.jpg

Gotta love Shopto.
I'm going to be that terrible OCD guy but is your cover misaligned on the spine or is it just mine?

BTW for French GAF, I'm totally recommending fnac.com for preorders from now on: they price match amazon, ship early and have had good store credit offers on top of that. Never thought I'd do that.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I have an off topic question since this is the first time for me that I will transfer data from a 3DS to another 3DS XL, I read the instructions on the official page but I still have some questions.

I understand that I will keep my SD card that I alread have, there will be data deleted but this will happen only on the target system, which is the zelda 3DSXL, is that correct?

if thats correct, what exactly will be transferred in the process? it cant be all the data on the SD card, right? this is what confuses me the most, the official page says it might take up to 40 minutes, and I dont really know what exactly could be transferred if the data on the target system will even be deleted.

I am asking this because I might delete some games that I dont currently play from my sd card and will redownload them later on the new 3DSXL if that will speed up the transfer.

that is possible, right? I will be able to redownload everything that I have bought once, but not installed right now on my current 3DS?

just follow the instructions. Everything follows over. You copy the SD card manually, so everything on it will be copied. The rest goes over Wifi iirc

Moff

just follow the instructions. Everything follows over. You copy the SD card manually, so everything on it will be copied. The rest goes over Wifi iirc

everything on the SD card will be copied? thats exactly what I dont understand.
I have a 32GB sd card in my 3ds, and the new zelda 3dsxl has only a 4GB card, so how can "everything on it be copied".

the way I think it works right now is that only account information will be transfered and not actual games, but then I dont understand why this process can take up to 40 minutes.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
everything on the SD card will be copied? thats exactly what I dont understand.
I have a 32GB sd card in my 3ds, and the new zelda 3dsxl has only a 4GB card, so how can "everything on it be copied".

the way I think it works right now is that only account information will be transfered and not actual games, but then I dont understand why this process can take up to 40 minutes.

Keep the old 32 gig card in your new XL then? You don't have to use the new 4gig card.

Games will be transferred, not only account information. You'll basically lock the 32 gig card content to your new XL when you perform the system transfer. It will also go quicker this way I guess.

Moff

Keep the old 32 gig card in your new XL then? You don't have to use the new 4gig card.

Games will be transferred, not only account information. You'll basically lock the 32 gig card content to your new XL when you perform the system transfer. It will also go quicker this way I guess.

thanks for your answers.

when I start the transfer, my 32GB card needs to be in my old 3ds though, right?
where will those 32GB be transferred to?

I definitely plan to keep the 32GB card, sure.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
thanks for your answers.

when I start the transfer, my 32GB card needs to be in my old 3ds though, right?
where will those 32GB be transferred to?

I definitely plan to keep the 32GB card, sure.

They will not be transferred anywhere if you keep the card. The data will be un-locked from your old console, and at a later stage locked to your new one.

Just follow the on-screen instructions after you've done this

I have a question, guys.

I already have a PAL copy of the game, but I'm thinking on importing an US Zelda 3DS XL because fucking region lock that's why.

Will I be able to connect to the American eShop from Spain?

NEO0MJ

Not directly related to the game, but my 3DS's Circle pad's rubber grip has finally worn out and is now slipping off if I move it too much. Should I super glue it?

casiopao

I have a question, guys.

I already have a PAL copy of the game, but I'm thinking on importing an US Zelda 3DS XL because fucking region lock that's why.

I believe you should can.(No 100% guarantee though. Don't sue me.T_T) As i am in South East Asia here but i can still log in to U.S and Brazil eShop. My Japanese 3DS also can log in into Japanese eShop without problem even if i am outside of Japan.^_^

casiopao

Not directly related to the game, but my 3DS's Circle pad's rubber grip has finally worn out and is now slipping off if I move it too much. Should I super glue it?

I would just suggest you to get a new 3DS there sadly. I super glued mine and it actually broke worst.T_T Half of the circle pad grip tear out and now, my 3DS only had half of the rubber grip.T_T

(Sorry double post.T_T)

Hello.

Banned
Yeah, you should. I highly doubt Nintendo blocks IP addresses, and if that were the case, you could just use a proxy on your American 3DS. Japanese Wii Us can access the eShop from America so I don't see why it wouldn't work for the 3DS.

Sadist

Welp, called GameMania here in NL and they will receive their shipment tomorrow in the morning. Even if they did get some copies, they can't sell 'em without Nintendo's consent. Oh well. :(

Welp, called GameMania here in NL and they will receive their shipment tomorrow in the morning. Even if they did get some copies, they can't sell 'em without Nintendo's consent. Oh well. :(
Thanks for that update was planning on picking my order up this afternoon well then I'll just pick it up tomorrow.

Frillen

My game arrived today one day early! My PS4 will also arrive tomorrow 7 days before the release date. Good times to order online in Norway :).

Salsa

guessing it's been answered but: midnight launch on the eshop?

debating if I should stop ace attorney 5 and pokemon and just go day 1. new job's been killing my game time but the hype is too much.

NEO0MJ

I would just suggest you to get a new 3DS there sadly. I super glued mine and it actually broke worst.T_T Half of the circle pad grip tear out and now, my 3DS only had half of the rubber grip.T_T

What?! There has to be another way. I don't want to buy another 3DS just for that.

K444WSR

My one is coming from the nintendo store (need that treasure chest). Got the dispatch email Tuesday so hopefully it'll be here first thing in the morning. Working on a night shift tonight so the hype will be killing me at work.....

Jawmuncher

So I gotta know if I was to download this game with terrible internet does the 3DS resume the download after it connects again?

Top Bottom