• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

OwlyKnees

Can someone who has finished the game or at least the Dark Palace give me a hand? Been stuck here for half an hour and none of the hint ghosts are helpful

It's in relation to the four lights you have to activate to enter the boss room. I've explored what feels like every inch, but I cannot get the top left light to activate. Any advice? I'm sure it's something obvious I'm missing.

Thanks to anyone who can assist!

Frillen

I love how the game just puts you right into the action. No tutorial, no fuckarounds. From the moment you put the cart in and turn on the game it took me about 2 minutes before I walked around as Link.

hiro4

So my order got delayed about 2 weeks. Which sucks, but not that much, since I still have Pokemon and Ace Attorney to finish, though I dont think they will last me that long.

How important is it to have finished Link to the Past before starting Link Between Worlds? Should I replay it again, since I don't remember a lot about LTTP or should I start fresh with Link Between worlds?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Well, this has turned into Amazon-gate for me.

First chat:

Initial Question: Hi, question regarding order ****************.

Will I receive this on November 22?

04:16 PM(GMT) Shailendra(CSA):
Hello, my name is Shailendra. I'll be happy to help you.
04:17 PM(GMT) Me: OK
04:18 PM(GMT) Shailendra(CSA):
Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?
04:19 PM(GMT) Me: sure
04:20 PM(GMT) Shailendra(CSA): Thank you for waiting
I have checked and the item will be released on November 22, 2013. So you will surely get it on time.
04:20 PM(GMT) Me: Even though it doesn't say release date delivery?
04:22 PM(GMT) Shailendra(CSA): We deliver the order on the release day for the pre order
04:23 PM(GMT) Me: OK, if you are ensuring that means it will arrive on 11/22, that's all I wanted to know.
04:23 PM(GMT) Shailendra(CSA): Thanks
Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Have a great time.
Bye. :)

Second chat:
Initial Question: Delivery charges
07:05 PM(GMT) Arunachalam(CSA): Hi, Lyte
This is Arunachalam from Amazon. I'll be happy to help you.
07:05 PM(GMT) Me: Hi, I have a question about order *******************
07:06 PM(GMT) Me: I was told this was supposed to be a release date delivery order with free-two day shipping for prime
I placed the order with overnight and the order status still says that the delivery date is undetermined
can this be changed?
07:08 PM(GMT) Arunachalam(CSA): I see that this item is eligible for the release date delivery and the estimated delivery date on your order will be updated soon.
07:08 PM(GMT) Me: So I will not be charged the overnight fee?
07:09 PM(GMT) Arunachalam(CSA): Yes. I've removed the shipping charges from your order. Your new Order Total: $43.19
You can see the changes in your amazon account now.
07:10 PM(GMT) Me: thank you!
07:10 PM(GMT) Arunachalam(CSA): We will also send you an email once your order is shipped.
You're welcome.
I hope I've provided the assistance you needed.
Is there anything else I can assist you today?
07:10 PM(GMT) Me: No, thank you.
07:11 PM(GMT) Arunachalam(CSA): Thanks for visiting Amazon.com.
Bye!
We hope to see you again soon!
07:11 PM(GMT) Me: bye
07:11 PM(GMT) Arunachalam(CSA): Have a great day!

The delivery date is then updated to show delivery on 11/25. This time, I send them an Email about this. Their response:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we'll not be able to deliver The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on the release date November 22 due to an unexpected delay in our fulfillment center because of large preorders for this and other items in this date.

However, I can confirm that we still expect to ship your order in time to be delivered to you by November 25

We'll send you an e-mail when your order is shipped with your tracking number. Your order could ship any time between now and right before the guaranteed delivery date.

You can always check the status of your order in Your Account. Here's a direct link to the order details:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=******************

To compensate this inconvenience, I've issued a $5.00 promotional certificate to your Amazon.com account, which will automatically apply the next time you order an eligible item sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The promotional certificate doesn't apply to items offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website and won't cover the shipping costs of an order.

I'm very sorry about all of this. I hope you'll consider this an isolated incident and give us another chance in the future.

Best regards,
Balaji B.

I just went onto Amazon and canceled my order, then checked the order page for the game. Sure enough, it still says "Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Order within 10 hrs 38 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout."

So I tried ordering the game again. Now the delivery date says 11/22. Makes no sense.

I also had no $5 credit available to apply to the order, so now I need to contact them about that.

Croyles

PS4 is the console I want and am buying, but this and Super Mario 3D World are the games I REALLY want.

I wish I could play them.

Going to pick up my copy now got a txt that I could :D #hype

Me, too. :D

excited-child.gif

But I have to wait till after work. :( Longest 2 hours it will be...

a sequel to super Mario world and now a sequel to link to the past? where have I been that I missed this news. too bad I don't have a wii 2 or a 3ds

kubus

Just got my text from Game Mania that I can pick up my Zelda XL and the game.

Which reminded me I still need to save two maidens in ALTTP.

*fires up the Wii U*

So my order got delayed about 2 weeks. Which sucks, but not that much, since I still have Pokemon and Ace Attorney to finish, though I dont think they will last me that long.

How important is it to have finished Link to the Past before starting Link Between Worlds? Should I replay it again, since I don't remember a lot about LTTP or should I start fresh with Link Between worlds?

I'd say it's not that important, but it sure adds to the fun. If, like you say, you've completed it once... the memories will come back to you naturally.
And the story gets retold (in short) in the beginning of the game. 'Long ago in the kingdom of Hyrule, etc...' Funny is that I found myself realizing 'Yeah... it was long ago!'.

Well, leaving now to get my copy. Cannot wait to try this goddamn game. Gotta finish it before next Friday, then I'm all over 3D World. Feels good man.

Synless

Is ALTTP being re-released on Wii U or 3DS? My bro in law has never played it and he doesn't want to buy it on Wii if it's planned to be on Wii U or 3ds.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is ALTTP being re-released on Wii U or 3DS? My bro in law has never played it and he doesn't want to buy it on Wii if it's planned to be on Wii U or 3ds.

It will be on Wii U VC at some point, that's pretty much guaranteed. When, we'll never know

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
wot

my game was shipped tuesday, still not in mail today

fml

edit: double post. classy

eXistor

And here we go! Zelda + 3DS in my possession! Just gotta transfer my shit from my old 3DS to my glorious new one and we're set!

7qvdnwf.jpg

Peff

Fast travel stays free for the entire game, doesn't it? The witch's comments seem to repeat so I guess it's just flavor text.

Mecca

I need someone to talk me out of getting the Zelda 3DS XL. I already have the Animal Crossing one and I don't need a 2nd XL, but the pictures I've seen of it are so pretty. Me want!

My plan for today after work is to pass out in bed until 11:30pm and then head to Gamestop to pick up my lovelies. I called ahead of time to make sure I could pick up ALBW/3D World during their XB1 launch and they gave me the go ahead. Apparently they will have separate lines one for regular purchases and one for the XB1 people. Hopefully it will go smoothly since I won't be getting an XB1.

LAA

I need someone to talk me out of getting the Zelda 3DS XL. I already have the Animal Crossing one and I don't need a 2nd XL, but the pictures I've seen of it are so pretty. Me want!

My plan for today after work is to pass out in bed until 11:30pm and then head to Gamestop to pick up my lovelies. I called ahead of time to make sure I could pick up ALBW/3D World during their XB1 launch and they gave me the go ahead. Apparently they will have separate lines one for regular purchases and one for the XB1 people. Hopefully it will go smoothly since I won't be getting an XB1.

Ha ha, I feel your pain. I actually talked myself out of it because of the gold interior...then I saw unboxings of it and on the NDirect and I had to have it again, ha ha.

Right now, I need someone to tell me to stop considering getting the physical zelda as well! Ha ha

I ordered from BestBuy because I saw that it came with a free Oracle game. Turns out, I already have said Oracle game on my 3DS. Is there another store giving out Seasons or is it Ages everywhere?

Schlomo

Can someone who has finished the game or at least the Dark Palace give me a hand? Been stuck here for half an hour and none of the hint ghosts are helpful

It's in relation to the four lights you have to activate to enter the boss room. I've explored what feels like every inch, but I cannot get the top left light to activate. Any advice? I'm sure it's something obvious I'm missing.

Thanks to anyone who can assist!

Go back to the first big room and blow up the platform blocking the light.

Wowwwwww, I just sunk 3 hours into this thing without even noticing it. Fuck. This game is sure going to make the next week's wait for the PS4 a hell of a lot less painful.

Whoever was in charge of the score deserves a medal, as it's absolutely amazing. I've loved every minute of the gameplay so far, just got up to the entrance of the 2nd dungeon and paused to recharge the 3DS. Can't wait to play more this evening.

hiro4

I'd say it's not that important, but it sure adds to the fun. If, like you say, you've completed it once... the memories will come back to you naturally.
And the story gets retold (in short) in the beginning of the game. 'Long ago in the kingdom of Hyrule, etc...' Funny is that I found myself realizing 'Yeah... it was long ago!'.

Thanks for the info!
I'll probably play it anway since it is an awesome game :p

daydream

Banned
I have enough games on my plate right now (one of them being Zelda SS), but I don't think I can resist a new 2D Zelda title. I'll probably go and seek this out.

Top Bottom