• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Did you pick up the bundle? Jealous! Making me hate my Red XL the more I see you all posting the bundle.

One chain had the game on the shelves early (didn't look out for the bundles). Thankfully, no need to wait until midnight to get a code working or some shit :D

that golden box...

Frillen

I'm a bit stuck after the first temple. I've decided to tackle the cross in the south eastern part of the map. But how do I get to the island?

sinxtanx

Got the 3DS XL bundle.

Now you'd think that the download code would work.

Nope.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUSKJDHSDFKJSDHKJSFHKSDJFGHKSDFUSG
yes I have contacted support

georly

I absolutely love that it defaults your profile name to 'Link' and then asks if you want to rename it, rather than force you to type in link! I also love how you can walk around a HUGE portion of hyrule before you even get the sword. I also love how you can do tons of stuff before you even walk into the first dungeon. I also love that there are 2 ways to jump into the well in kakariko village. This is shaping up to be the best zelda in over a decade.

pringles

Got the game today, Yay!

Working all day and all weekend, nay.. :-/

Also gotta finish up ALTTP, got like 2 dungeons left. Never played through it before, certainly a great game but I feel it's slightly overrated among Zelda games. Link's Awakening will remain my favorite 2D Zelda.

Got the 3DS XL bundle.

Now you'd think that the download code would work.

Nope.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUSKJDHSDFKJSDHKJSFHKSDJFGHKSDFUSG
yes I have contacted support

why would the code work? the game hasn't been officially released yet. Just because you got a bundle before you were supposed to be able to doesn't mean that nintendo posted the game to the eshop early

Woo. :D

2013-11-2116.55.58omqiq.jpg

Edit: Alright, just played for 1 minute, and I already have to say, dat 60 fps, dat music. And it looks and feels so good. Play it with headphones people.

Rich!

So it's like 7.5 hours to go till it's up on the EU eShop?

Bloody well hope so. Is it a sure thing that it'll be up at midnight GMT?

Looks like I'm getting the digital version. My girlfriend got given a £15 eShop card, so might as well use it.

And then I'll have enough points to buy a club Nintendo Game and Watch, which I can sell to get all my money back anyway. Yay.

Anyone who has finished the game.

How the hell do I get to the boss room in the Shadow Temple? There are 3 of 4 switches on, but I dont know how to switch the fourth.

Dougald

Hope mine is actually coming tomorrow, just found out that the pre-order somehow triggered the fraud alert on my credit card 3 days ago and my stellar bank never bothered to inform me.

It does say dispatched however, knowing how incompetent GAME can be I would bet that they probably shipped it even though the payment didn't go through until just now.

I guess it's because I've been playing Pokemon lately, I really notice the difference :p It's making me wish New Leaf was 60fps too! It's not just that though, the game is really pretty. People saying it was ugly were crazy/needed to see it on the screen it was actually designed for.

Bond007

Bah, what to do!?
Im not a fan of buying the game digitally but im deployed and dont wanna wait on like 3 weeks shipping.

Can i transfer it to future DS's?
Pro-con besides not being able to trade in?
Can i play it on multiple ds's? My kids have 2x 2DS

Bah, what to do!?
Im not a fan of buying the game digitally but im deployed and dont wanna wait on like 3 weeks shipping.

Can i transfer it to future DS's?
Pro-con besides not being able to trade in?
Can i play it on multiple ds's? My kids have 2x 2DS

You can transfer to a different DS but it remains locked to 1 console you can't put it on your kids DSs unless you get them copies.

Pros- you always have the game available to play as long as you have your system with you. don't have to worry as much about losing the game.

Cons - you cant trade it in or share it unless whoever you are wanting to share with borrows your system

Bond007

You can transfer to a different DS but it remains locked to 1 console you can't put it on your kids DSs unless you get them copies.

Pros- you always have the game available to play as long as you have your system with you. don't have to worry as much about losing the game.

Cons - you cant trade it in or share it unless whoever you are wanting to share with borrows your system

Thanks for the help!

BowieZ

Banned
But it increases the resell value of your console - but anyway, why would you ever want to sell the console/game? I want to hold onto mine till I'm an old man and pass it down to my kids or nephews.

Bond007

But it increases the resell value of your console - but anyway, why would you ever want to sell the console/game? I want to hold onto mine till I'm an old man and pass it down to my kids or nephews.

I dont mind holding onto stuff but if its just gonna collect dust i have no problems selling.

eXistor

Having played 3 hours I feel like I am absolutely blasting through the game, which is a tad worrying. I don't want this game to be over anytime soon! The game is buttery smooth and honestly, my initial qualms about the art-style have all but vanished seeing the game in motion. Combined with the amazing soundtrack it's actually quite an attractive game.

So far this seems like a more than worthy sequel to LttP, I hope the game will become a bit more challenging though, it's quite easy so far and I am positively swamped with rupees.

georly

Having played 3 hours I feel like I am absolutely blasting through the game, which is a tad worrying. I don't want this game to be over anytime soon! The game is buttery smooth and honestly, my initial qualms about the art-style have all but vanished seeing the game in motion. Combined with the amazing soundtrack it's actually quite an attractive game.

So far this seems like a more than worthy sequel to LttP, I hope the game will become a bit more challenging though, it's quite easy so far and I am positively swamped with rupees.

one of the sidequests i did was pretty challenging, simply because there was en enemy that knocked off 3 hearts when I only had 4. I like that the game *LET* me do it that early in the game, but i feel like it was designed to be done later on in the game.

Rich!

Will make it all that much sweeter. When I was young I never followed release dates so as far as I was concerned, every game was released on Christmas!

Or birthdays. For me, this lineup is absolutely unbeatable.

Christmas 1997 - Nintendo 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario 64
Birthday 1998 - GoldenEye, Banjo Kazooie
Christmas 1998 - Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Game Boy Color, Link's Awakening DX
Birthday 1999 - F Zero X, Wario Land 2, Star Fox 64/Lylatwars
Christmas 1999 - Pokemon Red
Birthday 2000 - Pokemon Stadium, Perfect Dark, Wario Land 3
Christmas 2000 - Zelda: Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong 64, The World is Not Enough

I mean, the fact that I remember exactly what I got on every single christmas or birthday from very young until 2004 or so proves just how big an event each occasion was. I never got games at any other point of the year, ever.

Well, until I started earning myself, and since then I don't remember a single thing I got for christmas or birthdays. It's kinda lost that OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS IS AMAZING appeal.

Or birthdays. For me, this lineup is absolutely unbeatable.

Christmas 1997 - Nintendo 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario 64
Birthday 1998 - GoldenEye, Banjo Kazooie
Christmas 1998 - Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Game Boy Color, Link's Awakening DX
Birthday 1999 - F Zero X, Wario Land 2, Star Fox 64/Lylatwars
Christmas 1999 - Pokemon Red
Birthday 2000 - Pokemon Stadium, Perfect Dark, Wario Land 3
Christmas 2000 - Zelda: Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong 64, The World is Not Enough

I mean, the fact that I remember exactly what I got on every single christmas or birthday from very young until 2004 or so proves just how big an event each occasion was. I never got games at any other point of the year, ever.

Well, until I started earning myself, and since then I don't remember a single thing I got for christmas or birthdays. It's kinda lost that OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS IS AMAZING appeal.

There's video footage of me screaming bloody murder because I got a Gameboy Advance. Hell, the games I got weren't fantastic, but I could play Doom portable! I was psyched.

Grizzo

Edit: Alright, just played for 1 minute, and I already have to say, dat 60 fps, dat music. And it looks and feels so good. Play it with headphones people.

Ever since I started playing A Link Between Worlds, I found it hard to go back to Animal Crossing New Leaf... I don't know why, but it seems to me like the game is lagging. But the truth is, it's probably not, it's just that Zelda plays so smooth and fast, that New Leaf looks really slow in comparison. Must be those 60 fps !

Ever since I started playing A Link Between Worlds, I found it hard to go back to Animal Crossing New Leaf... I don't know why, but it seems to me like the game is lagging. But the truth is, it's probably not, it's just that Zelda plays so smooth and fast, that New Leaf looks really slow in comparison. Must be those 60 fps !

Aw maaaan I want to go back to New Leaf. I admit though, I wish it was after seeing Zelda.

SuperSah

Banned
Why does the gold XL have such an ugly gold colour inside?

It looks so tacky and awful. If it was black, I'd surely of snapped it up. :/

Grizzo

There's video footage of me screaming bloody murder because I got a Gameboy Advance. Hell, the games I got weren't fantastic, but I could play Doom portable! I was psyched.

Off-topic but the Game Boy Advance version of Doom is really great. I was absolutely thrilled when I first played it too !

Back to the subject :

There's a point where A Link Between Worlds feels inconsistent to me : the damages dealt by ennemies. I mean, I found most of the bosses battles pretty easy, but some random ennemies
(like the lions near tower of Hera or the blue giants who throw snowballs at you)
can easily put me in bad shape if I'm not careful enough.

But that's a minor complaint. Actually, it's not even a complaint, the game is too good to hold that against it. Just a thought.

Top Bottom